Separate Servers?

This seems unusual for a mobile game, mostly everyone is on the same server playing with and against everyone else.

Does anyone know the reason for it?

Replies

• No, there's a bunch of different servers, all the soft launch guys have their own.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • To be clear - PvP is "sharded" into different leaderboards, but all players are on the same servers as far as allies/ally codes go.

-Aaron
  • To be clear - PvP is "sharded" into different leaderboards, but all players are on the same servers as far as allies/ally codes go.

-Aaron

Thanks for that.

Are there any plans for 'global' pvp.

I play anotger Star Wars game where pvp rewards are bands upon which percentage bracket of players you finish at the end of the season (top 1%, top 5% etc).

I really like that.
  • I would imagine merging learderboards would be difficult to do. Do you want to compete with the players who started a couple of months ahead of you and have heroes 10+ levels above your team? The strength of your team is directly capped by your player level.

On the other hand, fighting the same players over and over again in one learderboard is pretty boring. And different leaderboards have different number of heavy spenders (some leaderboards would be much tougher than the others) so shouldn't the overall strength of the teams in each leaderboard be considered when setting rewards brackets?
  • I like there being multiple PvP servers and leaderboards, it gives everyone a chance to actually earn rewards from it in my opinion. And it's been fun competing for the #1 spot on my server with the people who try for it everyday.
  • I like the way things are with seperate leader boards for squad arena, as it starts everyone on a fairly equal playing field when they just download the game. After all could you imagine just downloading this game only to realize it would take months just to be able to break the top thousand in arenas. However what wouldn't mind is if they made a mode seperate from squad arenas, like an alliance mode, where people from various servers could join the same alliance and fight against others from seperate servers. By doing this, it wouldn't change your squad arena ranking, but you would still be able to check out the competition on other servers while playing with your friends who may not be in the same server as you.
  • Munkie wrote: »
    I like there being multiple PvP servers and leaderboards, it gives everyone a chance to actually earn rewards from it in my opinion. And it's been fun competing for the #1 spot on my server with the people who try for it everyday.

You got it, that's exactly why we did it.
  • MackemSLAM wrote: »
    To be clear - PvP is "sharded" into different leaderboards, but all players are on the same servers as far as allies/ally codes go.

-Aaron

Thanks for that.

Are there any plans for 'global' pvp.

I play anotger Star Wars game where pvp rewards are bands upon which percentage bracket of players you finish at the end of the season (top 1%, top 5% etc).

I really like that.

I'll put it this way - there will be other ways to be competitive with other players, regardless of PvP shard.

But I'm not at liberty to go into those details yet!

-Aaron