Update to Raid Reward Changes - 4/11/18

Replies

• Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Well....that's a double middle finger of I've ever seen one.

They'll keep the chance 100% until May. It'll take a week or two to implement.

Guess what comes in a hair over 2 weeks? You guessed it. May.

Lame.
  • I_WANT_YODA
    540 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I don't know, still feels like a huge nerf. I mean, this is the HARDEST piece of the game and no, it's not very fun. Honestly, kinda feels like that Reddit comment that currently holds the most down votes. Certainly is a challenge, BUT the current, rollback, and future rewards expected do not sound to meet how big of a challenge this raid really is. These rewards are HAAT worthy rewards if you ask me...
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    So in two weeks the nerf will be partially rolled back? That’s April 26th. Then in May the new pieces come out? So we get a full 4 days to enjoy the 100% chance of a maybe g12 maybe not g12 piece? Thanks a bunch....
  • I am just curious who though passing off a nerf as an improvement was a good idea. Players would have been less upset if you had just been upfront about the nerf in the first place.
  • This is non-sense... don't say you're going to buff the rewards if you're planning to nerf them... what is wrong with you?
  • This whole situation made me post in the forums for the first time. Can't say that I'm completely satisfied as this could've been handled better from the start, but I am thankful that there is at least some sort of shorter term fix. I think all the tiers overall deserve better gear than I've seen since the rollout. My guild does heroic but I know T6 is incredibly time consuming and takes forever with only 5 attempts per day. Please continue to improve communications and setting our expectations at appropriate levels. Please. I can't take many more situations like this, in spite of my investment in this game.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    ?

You created rewards that were too high and noticed that the hSTR guilds were pulling away too quickly. You reduce the fully crafted rate to 40%. However ... you intend on adding the remainder of G12 gear in May.

The only way that makes logical sense is if you expect a large percentage of guilds to be heroic ready by May, otherwise the same group would continue to pull away.

Something isn't quite adding up. Rather, the reasoning behind the original intent to reduce the heroic rewards isn't adding up. I'm starting to agree with those that raged originally.
  • Jordylee24
    117 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Its just that the rewards were so good it made all the effort worth it. My guild did a couple t6's before we could accomplish heroic and the effort for how little reward on that was insane. Like really. I wish there was an effective way to communicate so we knew they heard us.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie so essentially our paying customers who pay to be strong are too strong. Let’s nerf it under the false pretenses of ‘improvements’. Then we’ll say my bad, ignore it for 2 weeks and hope it goes away?

Ya’ll are some jokers. I knew it would come out this was WAI. I mean seriously...never trust CG for anything...don’t be suprised the next time you click on that 500 crystal gift if it’s deducted....instead of added
  • Kyno wrote: »
    CG_Carrie wrote:

---TL;DR Version---
    We had changed the droprate from a tiered percentage chance to a flat 40% to accommodate an additional two slots of Gear XII coming in May exclusively to the Heroic Tier.

Does this mean in May the Heroic tier will have 2 extra existing G12 gear or should we expect new G12 pieces?
  • This is the shining new end game content that is supposed to make people want to work together as a guild to get it done. But, team after team has been nerfed to make it harder and we now know that once May comes around the rewards will be nerfed. So guilds like ours that are working toward heoric now see that only the top guilds that can farm it now will get the true rewards. Traya and fully crafted gear regularly. Way to motivate your player base.

Why does anyone in our guild want to spend money to get teams ready at this point? This completely kills all excitement we had for going heroic. But as long as the top guilds are taken care of then it's all good, right?
  • What a load of malarkey....... so you spend 4 days to get garbage rewards? There is 0 incentive for players to put in the time to complete this trash heap of a raid that has been thrown at us. It seems u guys are only concerned with addressing the 3% of your player base that can complete heroic sith while the rest of us sit around dropping an hour a day for for 7 mk5 stun gun prototypes a week. This is one of the worst “improvements” that have ever been rolled out in this game. Thanks for nothing
  • Contrary to most members it seems, I love the sith raid. As a top performer in my guild I was racking up 2-4 full pieces of gear per raid, I began to see this as the new normal. When raid rewards were going to be flattened I thought this meant a more even distribution, but not an overall reduction. So for me, and I'm sure others, we were just caught off guard when it turned out flattening was just another word for nerfing.

In any case, it sucks, but I still very much enjoy this game and understand the logic behind the changes. Looking forward to my Traya unlock soon. :smile:
    ācιßösöχ

Join the official Grand Arena Discord Server
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    First off, thank you for communicating.
    Now then, I am perplexed. We start with this paragraph.
    Second, in our initial tuning, we overshot the mark in the odds of full GXII piece drops. Players who have the Sith Heroic Raid on farm, completing it twice a week without fail, consistently getting 1 or more full GXII pieces (emphasis on GXII because of the immense value of those gear pieces in combat), will pull away from the rest of the population in a way that is truly detrimental to the long-term health of the game.
    And we end with this paragraph
    To our Heroic raiders: please take some time over the next couple of weeks and take a look at the aggregate GP lift among your guildmates, your aggregate result in Territory Battles and Territory Wars, and the rate of growth in ALL players' ability to complete the raid, over the coming weeks, as a result of these changes (including the rollback to 100% which we will deploy inside of the next two weeks).
    You acknowledge we're getting less gear, but claim this will result in an aggregate gain? Huh?
    Rank 50 pre-nerf still seems better than Rank 1 now.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • When we ask for better rewards from Sith raid and a level reward system like that of tb and tw, you give less gear and level rewards to that of someone finishing 40-50. Unacceptable.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    In no way, shape, or form is it a gain of any kind for any heroic raider
  • Jeric wrote: »
    ?

You created rewards that were too high and noticed that the hSTR guilds were pulling away too quickly. You reduce the fully crafted rate to 40%. However ... you intend on adding the remainder of G12 gear in May.

The only way that makes logical sense is if you expect a large percentage of guilds to be heroic ready by May, otherwise the same group would continue to pull away.

Something isn't quite adding up. Rather, the reasoning behind the original intent to reduce the heroic rewards isn't adding up. I'm starting to agree with those that raged originally.

HE GETS IT☝️

Kinda at the point of just nerf the raid, put the original rewards back, and take the failure.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Vettes4Fetts2
    523 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    There ain't enough Shinola to polish this litter nugget

• Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Also, I have yet to see a screenshot of a single fully crafted piece since the update.
  • The rewards were extremely well designed in the beginning. It is by far the most difficult content to-date requiring a substantial amount of resources. The rewards are no longer commensurate with the effort required to get this raid on farm.

Your belief about the health of the game and actively taking away from the players who have committed the most doesn't pass the most reasonable critical analysis.

You have literally just slapped in the face everyone who spent money to meet the requirements, made choices to let go of under or non-performing guild members, and spent considerable time and effort organizing their guilds to complete it.

This idea of rewarding the least invested and de-incentivizing the most invested, is very possibly the worst idea you guys have had, and that's saying something. Spin it as necessary for the greater good all you want, but it's just spin with no tangible substance to back it up.

Dingo

• Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    ‘Q: By placing Top 3, I helped lead my guild to a Heroic victory and Darth Traya shards. Why aren’t I being more rewarded for my top position?
    A: Heroic raid rewards represent some of the most epic rewards in the endgame, and top performers will be handsomely rewarded across all categories. Some top ranks are now rewarded nearly double the guild & Guild Event Token currency. Future releases, and the unusually strong utility of raid characters (like Han Solo, General Kenobi, and Darth Traya), will continue to reinforce that high-ranking players will still be rewarded for their standout performance.

Guess they forgot this statement in a bit over a week...
  • Every ounce of goodwill that was built recently was just balled up, doused in gasoline and set on fire today. What a waste of time and effort. All the Q&A, better communication, we love our players, blah blah blah. It's obvious where we stand in your eyes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jeric wrote: »
    Also, I have yet to see a screenshot of a single fully crafted piece since the update.

e9yfawqucl8m.png
    @Jeric
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    First off, thank you for communicating.
    Now then, I am perplexed. We start with this paragraph.
    Second, in our initial tuning, we overshot the mark in the odds of full GXII piece drops. Players who have the Sith Heroic Raid on farm, completing it twice a week without fail, consistently getting 1 or more full GXII pieces (emphasis on GXII because of the immense value of those gear pieces in combat), will pull away from the rest of the population in a way that is truly detrimental to the long-term health of the game.
    And we end with this paragraph
    To our Heroic raiders: please take some time over the next couple of weeks and take a look at the aggregate GP lift among your guildmates, your aggregate result in Territory Battles and Territory Wars, and the rate of growth in ALL players' ability to complete the raid, over the coming weeks, as a result of these changes (including the rollback to 100% which we will deploy inside of the next two weeks).
    You acknowledge we're getting less gear, but claim this will result in an aggregate gain? Huh?
    Rank 50 pre-nerf still seems better than Rank 1 now.

That could be accurate in the instance that players had too many G12 pieces to apply and not enough lower gear pieces. But I'm doubtful this was the case in practice
  • Star Wars: Galaxy of Nerfs
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Jeric wrote: »

e9yfawqucl8m.png
    @Jeric

Lol... this is a fully crafted mk3 carbanti... how in hell does that compare to a fully crafted g12 piece? xDD
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    I can remember a 10+ page thank you thread after changing HRSoldier back to a 5* minimum requirement. it was hilarious. Somewhat comparable to thanking a bully for not punching you.
    Anyway, the question remains whether that is a bad thing or not. If the players end up being content with the changes, does it really matter that they're being played?

That depends on if I’m right about what CG is doing. For instance, if CG didn’t over reach and just went with the raid rewards they just announced (like I said they would) and people were unhappy then it matters. My stance is that they are pulling a Scotty-ish move and making things seem much worse than they are only to dial it back and put out another update to appease the masses. In which case we’re only happy because it’s not the initial, less satisfactory update.

If people are genuinely happy with the updated update then awesome. That’s different.

Hopefully, that makes sense.
  • @Abysmal_Void yeeeesssss what a meme!! Stolen fo sho
This discussion has been closed.