Update to Raid Reward Changes - 4/11/18

Replies

• What would be really nifty is the g12 pieces to go from g11 to g12. That would be epic. Even one or two a month.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Do you guys even understand the post enough to complain about it?

I'm asking honestly, because I'm not sure I understood it. Mainly what I got out of it is that people finishing Heroic will be getting exclusive fourth and fifth G12 slot pieces, which seems like a pretty good deal to me. But I confess the rest of it doesn't make much sense to me.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Jordylee24 wrote: »
    What would be really nifty is the g12 pieces to go from g11 to g12. That would be epic. Even one or two a month.

Those are G11 pieces. Just saying.
  • TVF wrote: »

I'm asking honestly, because I'm not sure I understood it. Mainly what I got out of it is that people finishing Heroic will be getting exclusive fourth and fifth G12 slot pieces, which seems like a pretty good deal to me. But I confess the rest of it doesn't make much sense to me.

As I see it, people completing heroic will get a chance to get salvage for the new G12 pieces. Probably need 10+ raids completed to craft a full 'new' G12 piece.
  • SP4C3Z
    29 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    CG_Carrie wrote:
    Second, in our initial tuning, we overshot the mark in the odds of full GXII piece drops. Players who have the Sith Heroic Raid on farm, completing it twice a week without fail, consistently getting 1 or more full GXII pieces (emphasis on GXII because of the immense value of those gear pieces in combat), will pull away from the rest of the population in a way that is truly detrimental to the long-term health of the game.

What? You mean this is unlike players who chose to invest many hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to buy game-related resources?

Those players also 'will pull away from the rest of the population in a way that is truly detrimental to the long-term health of the game'.

But I guess they're paying CG/EA to do that so that's okay, right?

You got it right. This is the reason. But then why do they sell some g12 in shop...and why do they let us buy gear in the shard shop actually. CG is so inconsistent here...

And i m really wondering who asked for MK4 Carbanti instead of g12....
  • Jordylee24
    117 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    @TVF I stand corrected
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    YanM123 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

As I see it, people completing heroic will get a chance to get salvage for the new G12 pieces. Probably need 10+ raids completed to craft a full 'new' G12 piece.

Probably, but people who aren't in heroic guilds can't get any of it.
  • TVF wrote: »

Yeah.. this is a progression based game... work your way up to better rewards. You can't expect to get the best gear in the game if you can't overcome the hardest challenges.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    So the translation is............
    In 2 weeks the new g12 slots will be released so that they don't have to put in the guaranteed full drop.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator

Yeah.. this is a progression based game... work your way up to better rewards. You can't expect to get the best gear in the game if you can't overcome the hardest challenges.

Better successfully beat the "hardest challenges" quickly to enjoy the rewards before they change again ;)
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

That isn't the case right now, but ok.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator

RJ__Brando wrote: »

Better successfully beat the "hardest challenges" quickly to enjoy the rewards before they change again ;)

Sorry, I'll put away the salt.
    5vdp38mhs6np.gif
  • Used to love seeing 25-30 pieces of gear as a reward ... now 3 pieces at 5 -7 each... of still useless junk. You need to either un bottleneck the middle class over here from cuffs, guns, and carbs or your going to be the next destiny 2.
  • Could you please re-write your explanation to a fourth grade reading level and avoid industry jargon? Please explain this to me like you would explain it to a child. Thank you.
  • Let me get this right. Heroic raiders will now be guaranteed a full piece of gear in each raid. (Well after the two weeks it takes to edit 0.4 to 1.0 in your code or database) So far so good. But that full piece can be a full piece I can get from the rancor or a full piece of g12 worth 5600 GET. That stopped being good.

Quite frankly you have made it so getting a full mk3 carb will feel like a kick in the balls. That is quite a feat.
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I am not sold on that change. The total payout over all players for a heroic sith raid still looks reduced. The we give a 100% gear drop chance is blending the reality as not all full gear have the same value.

A full g12 gear has a value of 4200 crystals. This dropped for around 90% of the players (with a few even getting 2 or more). Other non g12 gear ranks from 1400 crystals to around 2500 crystals. We dont know how likely it is that a g12 will drop in the future. Even considering the increase in the two currencies, it looks like the total payout over the whole guild is actually less.

Unfortunately it still feels you are not honest with us and the whole exercise was a secret heroic sith raid reward nerf, which just got weakenend a little bit.
  • The raid itself was bad enough to begin with and I suffered through it, leading my guild in rank 1 in hopes of continuing to receive rewards that reflect "pride and a sense of accomplishment" and putting up with untested horrible raid mechanics. Post update im receiving less gear than someone in 30th position. GET doesn't buy g12 last I checked. Thanks for the nerf disguised as an improvement.
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Seriously though, what’s the point of increasing communication if you’re just going to mislead the community?
  • egtrip
    23 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie thank you for the post

My concern, like many of my guild mates and arena mates lucky enough to be in guilds completing heroic, we have geared and zeta characters only for this raid and the rewards we were receiving.
    How will you address our limited resources used in a area of game play that rewarded the investment.
    I personally used 3 zetas (60 zeta materials) and increased gear levels for 6 characters from G11>G12 plus G12 pieces. I do not use these characters in any other game mode.

What would you do having invested time and limited resources into a project that has proven to be successful on many occasions, to have the reward decreased 60%-90%, would you continue championing the project, pursue it with all the passion you had when you started?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Could you please re-write your explanation to a fourth grade reading level and avoid industry jargon? Please explain this to me like you would explain it to a child. Thank you.

It was WAI. They'll roll it back within 2 weeks....then return it to its current state a week later (May) when HSith completors will also have a chance to receive the "new" g12 salvage.

Tl;DR - if you're in a HSith guild, yeah, we meant to do that.

Thanks for the detailed communication @CG_Carrie. Here's some from me. I am now f2p. I'm done supporting a game that prefers to hold me hostage for gear rather than encouraging me to spend out of enjoyment.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    Just got Heroic payouts..

image.png
  • Kitten, thats bad.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Ljaat wrote: »
    Just got Heroic payouts..

image.png
    You really should get your screen fixed. Gold looks all blue and purple in that picture ....oh wait. That was after the "improvements" wasn't it? ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jordylee24
    117 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Looks like haat rewards tbh and not rewards befitting late end game content.
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    May
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    First off, thank you for communicating.
    Now then, I am perplexed. We start with this paragraph.
    Second, in our initial tuning, we overshot the mark in the odds of full GXII piece drops. Players who have the Sith Heroic Raid on farm, completing it twice a week without fail, consistently getting 1 or more full GXII pieces (emphasis on GXII because of the immense value of those gear pieces in combat), will pull away from the rest of the population in a way that is truly detrimental to the long-term health of the game.
    And we end with this paragraph
    To our Heroic raiders: please take some time over the next couple of weeks and take a look at the aggregate GP lift among your guildmates, your aggregate result in Territory Battles and Territory Wars, and the rate of growth in ALL players' ability to complete the raid, over the coming weeks, as a result of these changes (including the rollback to 100% which we will deploy inside of the next two weeks).
    You acknowledge we're getting less gear, but claim this will result in an aggregate gain? Huh?
    Rank 50 pre-nerf still seems better than Rank 1 now.

What would she suposse to write to players? Maybe Something like this ? - Sorry guys we need to suck You every month, to do so we are lying always, we are using a lot of manipulations to do this and we have You playing for few years like slaves connected to our virtual reality which we called game which in reality is full of bugs and we know how to suck 300 dollars for something which in normal games cost 300 times less.. Do You want to read this? Dont be cows guys, dont play this stupid game
  • Wow a full cuff. Lucky you.

What's really important though is the sense of accomplishment. We all know that.

Claiming world first on feeling accomplished for my g12.5 Princess Leia, since nobody else has claimed it yet. Since the feel is really the thing.
  • These blogs need a clear bottom line that is understandable to the average player where English may not be a primary language. I have no idea what I just read. I think it said, reward drops are going to get worse and more exclusive content is coming to those that invest lots of cash in the game.
  • Who wants to bet they tell the game changers to put out videos to try and calm us down over the next few days?

It's amazing how they said they were going to "improve" rewards and now they are terrible (will be terrible in May).

I'm terrified to think how they will "improve" Rancor and HAAT drops
  • The best get better, the rest of us just get tossed the scraps
  • Don't roll it back, the changes seemed completely fair from the prespective of a guild that can't do heroic. Watching my shard mates post full armatek pulls twice a week was getting pretty depressing since my guild had to step down from t6 to t5 because participation is starting to suck. As much as we'd love to replace some of the people that aren't participating, the well of recruits has mostly dried up because we can't do heroic.
This discussion has been closed.