is bossk a legendary event?

Replies

• flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Personally I am betting he will be a marquee event simply because there is no counter faction to bounty hunters.

If you were to think about it you could almost say scoundrels since scoundrels have bounties placed on them... but bounty hunters are considered scoundrels too.

So yeah, pattern of legendaries is to have the opposite faction and there isn't one for bounty hunters so... marquee event it is!

what about yoda? its the same faction. jedi V jedi
    it could work out well for bounty hunter against themselves too... though personally i always thought sith would (and still could) be the one to fight themselves for an unlock.

BUT, BUT... theres something more important to think about for teams to unlock. they need to be apart of the mod challenges thus far. rebels have tenacity, empire has potency, jedi have defense, resistance has speed, and first order has offense; which are all factions needed for legendary characters. The only other faction missing currently are scoundrels * and jawas with the 2 crit modifiers (not including health mods that can be any faction technically)... based on those i can only see scoundrels (note the star) being the logical opposition if bossk is a legendary unlock...................... though logic doesn't mean much considering Separatist ground battles or whatever thats called needing ewoks and resistance instead of jedi and clones
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Nobody knows what the event will be.

EXCEPT - it will involve Old School Bounty Hunters - Boba, Greedo, IG-88, Dengar.

If you want to get involved, I'd recommend farming then hard right now. We know it's happening soon.

Me? I'm holding off doing anything right now. Hoarding everything until things become a bit clearer.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    I dont think Bossk will be a legendary needing bh. with ds tb, credit heist, droids smuggle, crit chance mods, ... too many ppl would have atleast half the team ready to unlock him. Not enough money to gain for EA/CG. I expect a marquee bringing bossk to 3* 0/30. So they can add their 1-time-cash-pack to get another 50 shards and beginning from this point, they start milking us with rng-based-scoundrel/bh-packs with all scoundrels/bhs inside ... good luck.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Because of this it will probably be ugnaught, Pao and mob enforcer

We can't joke about Pao now that he's Sith heroic raid material.

• Lolexplosm wrote: »
    We can't joke about Pao now that he's Sith heroic raid material.

Yeah we can lol :p

• Woodroward wrote: »
    Personally I am betting he will be a marquee event simply because there is no counter faction to bounty hunters.

If you were to think about it you could almost say scoundrels since scoundrels have bounties placed on them... but bounty hunters are considered scoundrels too.

So yeah, pattern of legendaries is to have the opposite faction and there isn't one for bounty hunters so... marquee event it is!

If he has a bounty on his head then bh are the counter faction
  • If any BH comes to be legendary people have to remember that the most expected and reknowned BH is Jango Fett.
    Bossk will be a marquee, we will probably also have Aurra Sing, and in some times ahead Jango will be the legendary unlock.
    Much like they released Phoenix and Thrawn as a legendary afterward, they will buff up BH, buff up scoundrels with the new Solo movie and release Jango as legendary soon afterward, probably during June/July.
  • DrMaggot wrote: »
    If any BH comes to be legendary people have to remember that the most expected and reknowned BH is Jango Fett.

Not only do I not remember it, I neither accept it as true.

• Woodroward wrote: »

Not necessarily, yoda needs jedi to unlock

Yoda's event was one of the first legendary events created before they'd established a way that legendarys are made.

Sure he's an exception to that rule, but that's because he was an experiment. They've refined the process, don't expect to see another that way.

In other words, he's not a valid example of how legendarys are made currently.
  • What if completing contracts gives you shards for Bossk?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ham_Solomi wrote: »
    What if completing contracts gives you shards for Bossk?

The contracts thing sounds more like an in battle bonus, not a game mode or anything like that, so that's unlikely.
  • Kriesha
    113 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »

Yoda :)
    But I agree, its likely not to be legendary, cause marquee you can squeeze for more...
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    How can Bossk come before Snoke ?

Edit: Actually makes sense, with Snoke what will the requirements be ? FO ? BB8 has done that. Resistance ? JTR + Speed set mods.

So unless they did some weird requirements for Snoke, BH makes sense since most people don't have them farmed up. Credit Heists clearly arent selling the BH packs enough
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Empiric1 wrote: »

Bossk has been a thing longer.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Empiric1 wrote: »

Bossk has been a thing longer.

Also they'll probably want to make Snoke a pretty big deal, which is why a lot of primary characters are delayed for a long time. They want those characters to impact the game.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    1. the original question was, "is Bossk a legendary event?"

a. answering, "you should have all of your bounty hunters starred up by now," is not an answer to that question
    b. um, no ... not everyone has built a BH team, considering TB is still relatively new, the game is designed for light side toons to be built first and some have other priorities -- not all scoundrels (which everyone *should* have five of at 5*) are bounty hunters, and the faction is middling, at best, to this point.

2. to answer the original question: NO ... or, at least, it is doubtful ... why?

because Bossk is not "legendary" on the level of a Palpatine or Yoda, that's why. The most "legendary" bounty hunter, Boba Fett, is easily unlocked (and should be unlocked) early in the game.

seriously, this is the logic that had people blindly panic-farming ewoks for CLS (who they kept calling "jedi Luke") and separatists for Mother Talzin.

I think you're right that it's unlikely Bossk will be a legendary event.

As for the rest, I believe the statement was that long time players should have a full 7* BH team. That's accurate. Long time players have every character out of Arena, Cantina, and GW stores 7*, and are using the tokens for Shard Shop currency.

And once a player is at that stage then having a full 7* team of every possible faction is a good goal because you never know when the next panic farm will be dropped on our heads. That doesn't mean having them max gear and arena ready. But having them starred up just in case is wise once you're at the stage where you can afford to do so.
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Better off working on teams for Heroic sith raid.

Because in a week or so there will be 2 groups. Those who dominate with Darth Traya in arena and those who don't have her unlocked
  • Viserys wrote: »
    Also they'll probably want to make Snoke a pretty big deal...

Unlike Rian Johnson then...

• Viserys
    461 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I think you're right that it's unlikely Bossk will be a legendary event.

As for the rest, I believe the statement was that long time players should have a full 7* BH team. That's accurate. Long time players have every character out of Arena, Cantina, and GW stores 7*, and are using the tokens for Shard Shop currency.

And once a player is at that stage then having a full 7* team of every possible faction is a good goal because you never know when the next panic farm will be dropped on our heads. That doesn't mean having them max gear and arena ready. But having them starred up just in case is wise once you're at the stage where you can afford to do so.

Well I don't have all of them, but that's because I have foregone characters I just don't think I'm ever going to need (Bodhi, Mob Enforcer, Eeth Koth) for example.

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    You are totally screwed when the BodhiMobKoth meta happens.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    doubt bossk will be legendary.... is he that popular besides looking pretty cool? i mean i didn't know anything about Thrawn prior to him coming to the game but at least he's got books named after him. I don't think Bossk does.... or does he? maybe the super fans can educate me a bit on that...
  • 5kptlrf88ceo.png
  • Is Bossk a Legendary character? He had two seconds of screen time in the movies. A bit more in the Clone Wars.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    but apparently he's on a book(?) cover, i was not aware of that.... i'm probably biased since my guild is called Who's the Bossk? and we joke if bossk came out he'd be a mandatory farm, ha
  • Tbh, I dont really care whether he is marquee or legendary. I think I read that they will be reworking bounty hunters to be better at pve, and I need to keep on working on meta toons. (Part of me was like out of all the possible bounty hunters, you choose bossk to be your legndary BH toon. I would've preferred jango or even the hat guy or Highsinger)
  • Tbh, I dont really care whether he is marquee or legendary.

I'll be honest - I don't even know the difference lol! Who cares? Bossk is coming and we will get him, sooner or later. And I'm looking forward to it.

• SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    BOSSK is coming this month, right?
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Most likely Bosk will be a marque event hero. You get enough shards to unlock him and a optional character pack for $10 to get him to 4 stars. Then he'll rotate into the regular cadence. 2-3 months to show up in chromium packs and store and 4-6 months to get added to a hard node or cantina slot. They announced him last week but they only stated it would be this month. And sense his event will be new, we will only get a specific date a few days before he pops.
  • Aznar
    21 posts Member
    I doubt Bossk will be a legendary event. Look at all the other legendary event characters. (Thrawn, Palpatine, BB8, GM Yoda) Bossk got 4 seconds of screen time in Empire and was in a few CW episodes. I would be really surprised if he was a legendary event.