Health of the game

Prev134
Lrrr
172 posts Member
The last 5-6 month seemingly have constant tension between the player base and the devs.

We’ve had the panic farm for Rey x2
We’ve had the Expose nerf
We’ve had the ‘typo’ scandal for crystals over Christmas
We’ve had the poor pop-up bonus promotion fiasco
We’ve had the attacks from Devs on players
And now we’ve got another gear gate, where a large percentage of higher level players feel lied to.

My question is how are these changes good for the ‘health’ of the game. We see the devs throw that out there a lot.

Unhappy players shouldn’t be good for the health of the game.

Obviously this has yet to effect the bottom line significantly (unless you think the communication burst is due to a poor first quarter), but sooner or later, **** off the community is going to kill the game, not heal it.

Would love to hear what Carrie thinks is the cause of the constant drama her team has created for the last 6 months...guessing it was for the health of the game...

Replies

• @Lrrr
    Dont forget about TB release and 7*HRS
    +I dont understand why is it that some of the shards cost 50/pcs while others (after Feb 2017) cost 80/pcs.
    And why have the quantities changed from 3pcs(6pcs) to 4pcs(8pcs,16pcs)
    Not that I would bother buying them, just interesting to see so high inflation in a game...
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    And don’t forget the chimera event giveaway
  • @Lrrr
    Dont forget about TB release and 7*HRS
    +I dont understand why is it that some of the shards cost 50/pcs while others (after Feb 2017) cost 80/pcs.
    And why have the quantities changed from 3pcs(6pcs) to 4pcs(8pcs,16pcs)
    Not that I would bother buying them, just interesting to see so high inflation in a game...

Gotta make up the difference in the bottom line, after all money is all that matters.
  • You know what is actually killing this game imo?

people are caring way too much.

They swap mods for each battle, retry 10 times for good RNG, then complain that it "takes too long to swap mods" and that "Sith raid is too repitive". Personally, as a player who play this game as a game, i actually enjoy almost every single aspect of it, all to way to sith raid and DSTB.

Okay rant over i m gonna go hide somewhere.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    You know what is actually killing this game imo?

They swap mods for each battle, retry 10 times for good RNG, then complain that it "takes too long to swap mods" and that "Sith raid is too repitive". Personally, as a player who play this game as a game, i actually enjoy almost every single aspect of it, all to way to sith raid and DSTB.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with enjoying the game. I do think there are seemingly endless communication issues with CG and the ultra competitive player base isn’t happy. Don’t think it’s hurt the CG bottom line yet, but sooner or later it will in my eyes. I just see a once a month fire that CG starts and fails to put out. Seems to be their business model.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member

Nice try fake account!

Lol
  • I agree that people go on extreme tirades over what is just... a game. But we have to keep in mind that many people have invested substantial money into this game based on certain expectations set by the game designers that are sometimes inaccurate, and sometimes misunderstood by the community. There have been some missteps that I think the dev team has compensated the player base for.

I adamantly disagree with "attack by devs on players" being an issue. There was 1 fiasco that was warranted backlash from the developers. A player coming to the forum and making that type of rant deserved to be pushed back against. A lot of us applaud that someone finally said enough is enough of that type of outlandish hyperbole.

People, in general, just don't like change. The devs are designing a game with certain progression path in-mind and setting rewards based on said progression. If they miscalculate, they do adjust. The challenge is they don't know if they miscalculate because they need data from the player base and to get an accurate sample size they need time. Time that most players don't seem willing to give them.

My biggest issue is the protection of this data. The player base deserves to know the programmatic odds for drop rates so they can make informed decisions on how they allocate resources both in-game and monetarily.
  • I'd be 100% happy with sith raid gear IF they put the stun gun mk5 in challenge. No reason to have most tiers have mk4 no one at last tier level required needs them. It's the biggest bottleneck and most frustrating piece. They will literally play catch up in 9 months from the player exodus like destiny 2 is doing right now and battlefront 2 as well. I personally love the grind and love having to sacrifice X for Z like hermit Yoda for g12 or one ton shard for another it makes building a squad fun but when literally every character on your entire roster needs it and all the new characters need 4-5 of them and you get one built 1 maybe 2 a month you will never be caught up and always chasing something you can never catch... at least let us smell the darn carrot were chasing. Go ask blizzard how they worked out for WoW ..
  • This is all WAI. They made their game suck on purpose. It's supposed to be borderline unplayable. They want you to be **** off, so your knee-**** reaction is to pay money to make it better.
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »

Nice try fake account!

Gee, i wonder why the developers have made a fake account to
    1. make over 700 comments on various issues
    2. make 90 posts, half of which are character ideas that if i was a dev i would have just implemented into the game

Maybe this is why they are taking so long to fix rewards: They have to make 100s of fake accounts like me.

They re on to us!
  • They already explained the rewardsystem and it is completely fine how they handle the fix
    Maybe read that before you jump on the "rewards suck" train
    And besides the christmas "typo" everything else was made up by the community

There was no reason at all to cry about the short notice of rey and luke

Even now after they gave us a warning Way in advance for thrawn and his ship People find reasons to cry about

And heroic sithraids cry about a reward fix when it would have been just for a month until they exclusively get the new g12,5 pieces ( which will already be addressed)

Just way too much stupid complaining every day for no reason at all

For the most Part its the community that make up problems where no problems are

Already read the stuff about so many hard node Releases

If you farm the hardnodes you get without refreshes at least 50 shards a month (if you take the low end of 1 per day for talzin and wicket )
    Thats 40 more than before when the event was running once a month

• SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I don't really mind what they do. I'm completely f2p so I'm not attached to the game beyond mere enjoyment. I think many people who pay money feel like they deserve more loyalty from or influence with the game devs, but really they just got used for their $$$ like every mobile game is designed to do. It would be hard not to feel that way, and some people pay tens of thousands per year, which is just terribly silly to me. But I do realize that someone is funding the game making it a "free game" so I don't mind
    Post edited by SeanutB on
  • The Devs are the only ones who really know how the games health is, since they're the only ones with the data. I'm sure if it goes worse than they want they have adjustments in place to change that. If not then the game just dies

LMAO listen to yourself! If certain content wasn't so difficult then people wouldn't have to remod after each battle. If it's between not completing the content vs remoding and getting it done then everyone will pick the second option.

Don't act like mods aren't a problem in this game, this may be the worst thing I've ever heard!

Nice try fake account!

Gee, i wonder why the developers have made a fake account to
    1. make over 700 comments on various issues
    2. make 90 posts, half of which are character ideas that if i was a dev i would have just implemented into the game

Maybe this is why they are taking so long to fix rewards: They have to make 100s of fake accounts like me.

They re on to us!

I don't know if this is sarcasm or not. Perhaps I wouldn't go as far as claiming that they make fake accounts but the guy isn't wrong about attacks on player's.

I'm certain that they have systems that lower view counts and automatic bots that are designed to bury posts from people that are outspoken about certain problems with the game.

I remember one time someone couldn't see my comments on their posts, it showed him that I had replied but when he clicked the notification they wouldn't open up the comments.

I reported it to the devs and they came back to me with a "we're sorry, there was a big with our system causing your comments to not appear, we'll fix it".

I'm sure it's a bug as soon as you get caught.
  • This is nothing new. I ha e been playing since launch and played everyday. I have also been paying to play since launch and paid a considerable amount. I have found myself with the same anger time after time.

I simply have found my anger at the developers are misplaced. My real anger is that I feel that if I pay to play I should dominate but that’s not how it works. Simply put I was paying to push through my impatience.

It’s not a problem with the game. It’s a problem with me and my perception of the game.

Once you realize they are not going to hangs and one constant is that they will continue to move to the endzone to keep players playing and paying, you then are stuck with the need to change your habits, quit, or change your perception.

Honestly the developers will make the game to keep people paying and keep people driving forward. They don’t care what you want beyond what revenue shows. They are here to make a check and provide for themselves and their family.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    You guys are focusing on the health of the game but the protection of the game gets you more bang for your buck.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It's a game.

I think if people treat it as such they will be much happier :)
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    It's a game.

You're giving people here way too much credit. :p
  • Themy
    96 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    It’s pretty simple, the Sith raid is BORING and the rewards were good so people did the raid. Now that the rewards are garbage and the raid is still boring you’re going to see a huge drop in morale of guilds in order to try to push through to Heroic. 4-5 full items is probably too much, but 100% chance at one g12 with a chance at multiple other
    Full items (including other g12) would be fine. Also need to up the currency to compensate a well.
  • TVF wrote: »
    It's a game.

You're giving people here way too much credit. :p

If its a game that you pay a lot for, changing the mechanics after individuals pay to play is a big deal. I get it.
    Classic Bait and Switch, but again my advice is don't fall for it, they will continue to do this.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    R5w2aic.gif
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • ForeverWest76
    168 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I have been thinking about this for awhile... And I'll admit, for a long time I would have agreed with the general tenor of this post. But, in retrospect, I have come to believe that most people simply don't want to grind.

Instead, they want EA to give them easier
    access to, and more to boot, of the things i had to sacrifice for. Easier way to get Zetas, No Way!!
    I let my fleet slide for months, while I spent every piece of ship currency I had on Zetas!! An entire month of currency, to get 1 full zeta. The last thing I want is someone who didn't make the same sacrifices to be given easier access than I had.

Don't like how long the sith raid takes? You obviously weren't here when the aat first came out... It too my guild 2 months to finish normal!!
    A year and a half later we finish heroic in an hour. Rancor in minutes.

The only thing I will agree with you on is removing challenge gear from raids... It is just Bantha poodoo that is has taken this long.
    Please EA, do not lessen my accomplishments by giving newer players a faster track to get ahead...

I had two threads open and posted this on the wrong one, that being said, I think it works here as well.
    Post edited by ForeverWest76 on
  • @TVF...I apologise for my comment to you yesterday. Sometimes I can get 'worked up" very fast, and generally for no good reason. After taking time to reflect, it was uncalled for, and not very classy. ☹️

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    No worries and thanks...though if I'm being honest I don't even remember what you said. A lot of people said unpleasant things about me yesterday. ;)
  • They usually do... Thx for understanding
  • JRCPKT99 wrote: »
    If its a game that you pay a lot for, changing the mechanics after individuals pay to play is a big deal. I get it.

But nobody, ever, is forced to either pay, or to play.

It's all personal choice.

Yeah I mean your excuses sound cool

How much have you spent so far?
This discussion has been closed.