Struggling with Thrawn. Advice?

I'm struggling with getting Thrawn to 7 stars. Can someone take a look at my squad and give me some advice?

https://swgoh.gg/u/stud3099/squads/62492/

Am I just missing a particular strategy or do I just need to do this event 100 more times before I get it?

Thanks!

Replies

• Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    Omega the uniques, make Hera and Ezra as quick as you can, keep trying, do the search for kill order as that’s important, but mainly, keep trying, I went over a 100 try’s to do it.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    Try and get at least Ezra to 85 as well if
    You have the credits
  • Well your overall power is pretty low. Where exactly are you failing? Your speed seems good. Mods don't seem too bad.

Getting a harder hitting Ezra could help.

Perhaps the biggest issue is that overall lack of power.
  • @revarius I get just fine to stage 4 as you might expect. A few times I've been able to get it down to just Thrawn and 4 of my toons (Kanan or Zeb have been the odd one out in those instances). His counters are brutal though and wipe me out. It's hard to predict where that fracture will land too so I haven't been able to get backup plan for me.

@Damodamo I have all the uniques. I also have enough credits to get one (maybe 2) up to 85. Is the difference in level 80 to 85 really all that much? It's just a level multiplier to the stats e.g. STR = 80*3.5 vs 85*3.5

I also have a zeta stockpiled as a last ditch just in case RNG is horrendous but hoping to exhaust other means first or trying to make sure I'm not doing something wrong
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    I only tried it at 85 to be fair, but the whole thing is marginal at 85 g8 all omegas, decent mods, so to try it at 80 just makes it harder in my opinion
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    @Damodamo

The reason not to is that I don't intend to use phoenix anywhere else at this point and as this is a game that is highly dependent on resource management, I didn't want to spend unnecessary resources.

That said, I suppose the option comes down to how much time I was willing to waste getting good RNG. I opted to level up Ezra and Hera to 85 and took me about 10 tries after that. I'm sure hundreds/thousands have documented this ad nauseam but here is what I had.

Ending Stats:

Level - Ezra/Hera level 85. Kanan/zeb/chopper level 80
    Gear - Ezra, Hera, Chopper all G9. Kanan and Zeb G8
    Speed - About 50-65 speed each from mods
    Abilities - Most abilities omega'd

Kill Order - Deathtroopers, Stormtrooper, Commandos, Thrawn

I lost Kanan right after first deathtrooper. I lost ezra right after last commando. Kept throwing up taunts on chopper to keep thrawn off of zeb as much as possible using Zeb to keep Thrawn from countering.

Thanks! and good luck to everyone else. Glad this is finally done.

Post edited by Stud3099 on
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    @Stud3099 glad you got there
  • Thrawn event is killing me I been fighting him since 8 this morning and all my pheonix are 85 all abilities are maxed except 1 on each and they are all gear 8 7 star
  • And fully modded speed is between 120 and 157 between them
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    That's pretty low speed. I've got mine all in about the same exact place and got wiped out, but I haven't done any mod switching yet. From the posts around the forum, you really need to get everyone but Kanan more in the 180-200 range.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    That's pretty low speed. I've got mine all in about the same exact place and got wiped out, but I haven't done any mod switching yet. From the posts around the forum, you really need to get everyone but Kanan more in the 180-200 range.

This. You don't stand a chance with speed that low I'm afraid, all the tactics and RNG in the world won't help you.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • TVF wrote: »

This. You don't stand a chance with speed that low I'm afraid, all the tactics and RNG in the world won't help you.

G8 isn't helping either, especially on Ezra.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • You want Kanan to have over 40k health/protection. The rest can be mid 30k health/protection. I had Hera and Ezra near 40k but they were also both gear 10. My Chop, Zeb and Kanan were all gear 8. I had terrible speed as well and still got through it 1st try. Focus more on protection for your toons. Your lvl, abilities and all that are fine.
  • It's all rng I tried probably 30 times manually using strategies suggested. Never got it was board watching TV. while watching TV I was auto battling got it on my 5th try.