Follow up Update on Sith Raid Rewards - 4/12/18 [MEGA]

Replies

  • Heroic should be about shards for Traya. I actually think for tiers not heroic the rewards should be good because you don't get Traya shards, and they should compensate in the back end by making Traya amazing. That's where the payoff for the grind comes in.

    I think CG is doing a great job coming out and taking the time to address this issue, and people should not just see the "now" but also the "later" Traya is the end game for doing sith raids, and that in itself should be motivating enough.

    @CG_Carrie maybe you should consider a revamp of how gears and what gears are currently earned through the challenges. I guess the community's only valid concern about gear is that it's just too much of a grind and people eventually lose interest. The sith raid just amplified that frustration. I'm actually ok with the way rewards are distributed in the heroic sith because it should be about getting Traya.

  • Jordylee24
    112 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Screenshot_20180413_065853.pngWow just wow. This is so bad. At least give ranks 1-3 an extra mystery box to make up for their effort. Give it some time they said. Its very poor that some in my guild got a full g12 piece at much lower ranks. Guess I got an extra 4 traya shards tho. Yes!!!
  • Vice_torn
    568 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Personally I am not a fan of the flattened reward system. Someone that posts 0 damage should not earn similar rewards to someone that does 10mil+ to the sith bosses.

    What they game need is better beta testing. Overpowered squads should have been identified before it went live not 2weeks after. The amount of gear in the Heroic boxes might have been excessive, this should also have been fixed before it went live.

    Instead beta testing here seems to be a way for certain guilds to gain an upper hand. You talk about imbalance between players... you have X set of players getting uber rewards for a month, and now everyone else will take forever to close the power gap.
    Post edited by Vice_torn on
  • I sank 9 pieces of gear XII gear into my JTR team...

    I sank 3 zetas on them as well.

    I bought crystals to get my Phoenix and Nightsisters to gear XI, I almost have enough to zeta Assaj...

    All so that I could earn the rewards I should be earning. Until now. Why did I bother?

    More are completing it than you anticipated, so you take. You never give you only take.

    I'm done. After 2 years in the same community most of which in the same guild I am done. This is the last straw. You don't improve something by taking from some to give to others. The increase in rewards to lower guild members and to the lower tiers in miniscule. The rewards you have taken from the top are a travesty.

    I have Hoda set as my arena team, I am not bailing on my guild mates in the middle of a TB, but when rewards come in on Sunday. That's it.

    I hope that's what you wanted, because I can't think of any other reason for doing this.
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    Personally I am fan of the flattened reward system. Someone that posts 0 damage should not earn similar rewards to someone that does 10mil+ to the sith bosses.

    What they game need is better beta testing. Overpowered squads should have been identified before it went live not 2weeks after. The amount of gear in the Heroic boxes might have been excessive, this should also have been fixed before it went live.

    Instead beta testing here seems to be a way for certain guilds to gain an upper hand. You talk about imbalance between players... you have X set of players getting uber rewards for a month, and now everyone else will take forever to close the power gap.

    Except a flattened reward system rewards people from top to bottom somewhat evenly......somewhat.

    But I agree more testing is needed for them before new content gets released. TB still crashes for a lot of people during mid battle.......

    It was as if the heroic sith raid was dedicated to the whales of SWGOH because that's what it took to take it down. You mostly hear complains about "I have spent $xxxx in the game and I want....." but the end game should be about getting Traya through the heroic sith raids.
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    TigCarn wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie the best way to fix this is to make heroic no longer drop salvage. Everyone gets 6 full pieces of gear.
    You want 40% chance on G12 no problem. There should also be a 50-60% chance at a full piece G11 finisher. 1-3 full G10-11 pieces depending on G12 and G11 finisher drops. And finally 3 random full pieces of the following Mk3 Carbanti, Mk3 Stuncuff, Mk5 Stungun prototype, Mk4 Comlink prototype.
    If a guild has perfect tickets for a year that's 91 heroic raids. 40% drops would be 36 G12 for the year, 60% on G11 finishers is 54 drops. Sure this is considerably more than the disappointment you plan on giving us and there is no way of spinning that we will be excited about that even after change goes live.

    Lets say a guild can complete 2 HSTR a week. Thats a grand total of over 600 Full gear pieces a year.

    What you just said 8s impossible. Do your math. 120k tickets requires 4 days. A week has 7. 91 raids is the maximum number of raids and not all of that is full pieces of gear. You need both a carbanti and stungun prot to make a mk5 stungun, cuffs and comlink, carbanti and detonator. And then you need full pieces of these for g11 finishers even though I want to include that but it won't happen. Even if you got full piece 6x91=546
  • Ephran
    455 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    What an “improvement”; just got my first 1st place finish, and the gear rewards were worse than hAAT. For as much effort as it takes to do that (we finished with 15 minutes left on the timer), this is absolutely insulting.

    10 cuff pieces, 10 mk7 generator pieces, 8 mk6 carb pieces, and 8 mk10 circle things. It feels just awful to have stressed over this raid for 2 full days for such absolute bollocks.

    So I guess you just don't care about the 12 Treya shards?
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    TigCarn wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    TigCarn wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie the best way to fix this is to make heroic no longer drop salvage. Everyone gets 6 full pieces of gear.
    You want 40% chance on G12 no problem. There should also be a 50-60% chance at a full piece G11 finisher. 1-3 full G10-11 pieces depending on G12 and G11 finisher drops. And finally 3 random full pieces of the following Mk3 Carbanti, Mk3 Stuncuff, Mk5 Stungun prototype, Mk4 Comlink prototype.
    If a guild has perfect tickets for a year that's 91 heroic raids. 40% drops would be 36 G12 for the year, 60% on G11 finishers is 54 drops. Sure this is considerably more than the disappointment you plan on giving us and there is no way of spinning that we will be excited about that even after change goes live.

    Lets say a guild can complete 2 HSTR a week. Thats a grand total of over 600 Full gear pieces a year.

    What you just said 8s impossible. Do your math. 120k tickets requires 4 days. A week has 7. 91 raids is the maximum number of raids and not all of that is full pieces of gear. You need both a carbanti and stungun prot to make a mk5 stungun, cuffs and comlink, carbanti and detonator. And then you need full pieces of these for g11 finishers even though I want to include that but it won't happen. Even if you got full piece 6x91=546

    woohoo! only 546 pieces of gear!

    Edit: As a personal opinon, i think the one thing the devs got right was that 1 full piece of g12 per raid isnt really a good idea for the game. That said, they definitely went about the wring way to solve the probelms
    Post edited by swgohfan29 on
  • Ephran
    455 posts Member
    G_Man wrote: »
    There is a way to confirm the spreadsheet above and it's validity. CG can provide GP gain data of a normalised distribution of GP for 2 weeks prior nerf in comparison to post nerf. I bet the latter is reduced

    Seeing as the update has only been out a few days that would require at least another week and a half before that data could be released. Do you really think the people on here have that kind of patience?
  • Hey @Maegor ,my guild does tier 3 and 4, i asked those who have discord to get screenshots of payouts. Will provide them if it helps this research.
  • G_Man
    18 posts Member
    Well no lol, but when you tip the scales the way they have done and lie about it then individuals are out for blood. But the maths doesn't lie and only supports the solution that this is indeed a nerf. If they were up front about the change then perhaps we could have swallowed it easier. I would love to see evidence from CG.
  • The Rian Johnson of swgoh everybody.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Hey @Maegor ,my guild does tier 3 and 4, i asked those who have discord to get screenshots of payouts. Will provide them if it helps this research.

    @SmilinStonee I can pm a link to a copy of my spreadsheet to somebody if they want to do the legwork of entering the data. I would obviously remove the heroic data if somebody wanted to focus on a different tier of the raid though. If somebody inputs the data and updates the old and new values for GET and guild currency for that tier, then most of the work will be done.
  • Ill keep in touch if anyone is truly interested in doing the legwork. I know that your focus is heroic, but thought maybe you were doing multiples. Once again, you are being the hero everyone needs, thank you for doing this.
  • @CG_Carrie - thank you for the clarification. I personally believe that you are working very hard and putting up with a lot of internet grief with the honest intention of making things better. Anonymous people will always shout negative first, and often without the full picture.

    I think that the changes are necessary for the health of the game. Flattening HSTR especially is fairer due to the fact that you need so many committed guild members (places 1-3 are not doing 50% of the raid, it requires 30+ dedicated people).
  • Okay, so I get people think I'm trolling. Let me say I'm sorry for the tone and reception of the original post. What I meant to say is EXACTLY what I said because it was an exercise in demonstrating what CG did in changing the raid rewards. They intended to do one thing, but people got upset as to how it actually happened, then they apologized and said they were going to fix it. I was making the point of how a lot of people (not necessarily the ones who answered here) were going INSANE and slinging accusations of LIAR and talking about how their trust was broken . . . over a game. An adult reaction, such as "well, the data shows such and such, so I don't think that is right" is perfect and a well reasoned response. Accusations of lying and malicious behavior are not well reasoned responses, but emotional reactions based on how the person felt about what happened. Keep it real, people, and let's remember this is just a bunch of pixels in a very well put together game, made by very imperfect people who make mistakes. But they are ADMITTING THEM, so that is very refreshing. Keep gaming, SWGOH fans!
  • Day 2.
    #BringBackTheOldRewardsToHeroicSith
  • C8W27VN.jpg

    Be careful of what you wish for
  • HammytheHamster
    57 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    C8W27VN.jpg

    This describes the whole situation perfectly. It is like the devs are treating us like hostages that aren't able to just walk away. Or they think we are stupid. These dev answers are just silly.
  • C3hyp77
    162 posts Member
    Stamp8987 wrote: »
    I sank 9 pieces of gear XII gear into my JTR team...

    I sank 3 zetas on them as well.

    I bought crystals to get my Phoenix and Nightsisters to gear XI, I almost have enough to zeta Assaj...

    All so that I could earn the rewards I should be earning. Until now. Why did I bother?

    More are completing it than you anticipated, so you take. You never give you only take.

    I'm done. After 2 years in the same community most of which in the same guild I am done. This is the last straw. You don't improve something by taking from some to give to others. The increase in rewards to lower guild members and to the lower tiers in miniscule. The rewards you have taken from the top are a travesty.

    I have Hoda set as my arena team, I am not bailing on my guild mates in the middle of a TB, but when rewards come in on Sunday. That's it.

    I hope that's what you wanted, because I can't think of any other reason for doing this.

    Well the rewards of the tiers 4 ,5 and 6 are also really really and really bad now , so tell me why ddi you said that they increased it ?
  • Jack92
    176 posts Member
    Maegor wrote: »
    CUT
    Great job!
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    A 100% of your player base would rather choose the rewards from THE PIT
    2094prc.png
    oich38.png

    This is the real travesty. How is it that Rancor rewards are still the best in the game? The ones you posted aren’t even that great and it’s still way better than STR. And for a 5 minute auto. Praying that they don’t nerf (flatten) those rewards any time soon
  • Stamp8987
    21 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    C3hyp77 wrote: »
    Stamp8987 wrote: »
    I sank 9 pieces of gear XII gear into my JTR team...

    I sank 3 zetas on them as well.

    I bought crystals to get my Phoenix and Nightsisters to gear XI, I almost have enough to zeta Assaj...

    All so that I could earn the rewards I should be earning. Until now. Why did I bother?

    More are completing it than you anticipated, so you take. You never give you only take.

    I'm done. After 2 years in the same community most of which in the same guild I am done. This is the last straw. You don't improve something by taking from some to give to others. The increase in rewards to lower guild members and to the lower tiers in miniscule. The rewards you have taken from the top are a travesty.

    I have Hoda set as my arena team, I am not bailing on my guild mates in the middle of a TB, but when rewards come in on Sunday. That's it.

    I hope that's what you wanted, because I can't think of any other reason for doing this.

    Well the rewards of the tiers 4 ,5 and 6 are also really really and really bad now , so tell me why ddi you said that they increased it ?

    Having seen 1st hand the rewards in a T5 and a T6 I honestly don't believe they can be any lower. I thought all raid tiers rewards have been improved isn't that the company line? I thought that the lower tiers did see a little bit of an improvement though.

    Haven't seen many screen shots from those lower tiers, so you are probably right.
  • Well based on my own experience, admitidally very limited, tier 4 rewards are also poor. Takes my guild the best part of 3 days to do it (either because we suck or whatever yadeyada...). This time round for third place i got 7 mk5 stun gun salvage and 12 mk8 binos. This is compared to a smattering of normally 6-8 bits of 4 different gears. Not sure of the numerics or economy of it it but it feels a lot worse.
This discussion has been closed.