Follow up Update on Sith Raid Rewards - 4/12/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• I agree the rewards might be less than desirable. CG said a fix is incoming. Let's be patient. They have made great strides in trying to balance the game (they want to get all our money, we want to get all the gear and toons), with a few missteps along the way, so I believe they will make the right decision.
  • simple question. they fix or not the rewards? tell us only this. by honest
  • C3hyp77
    162 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Stamp8987 wrote: »
    C3hyp77 wrote: »
    I sank 9 pieces of gear XII gear into my JTR team...

I sank 3 zetas on them as well.

I bought crystals to get my Phoenix and Nightsisters to gear XI, I almost have enough to zeta Assaj...

All so that I could earn the rewards I should be earning. Until now. Why did I bother?

More are completing it than you anticipated, so you take. You never give you only take.

I'm done. After 2 years in the same community most of which in the same guild I am done. This is the last straw. You don't improve something by taking from some to give to others. The increase in rewards to lower guild members and to the lower tiers in miniscule. The rewards you have taken from the top are a travesty.

I have Hoda set as my arena team, I am not bailing on my guild mates in the middle of a TB, but when rewards come in on Sunday. That's it.

I hope that's what you wanted, because I can't think of any other reason for doing this.

Well the rewards of the tiers 4 ,5 and 6 are also really really and really bad now , so tell me why ddi you said that they increased it ?

Having seen 1st hand the rewards in a T5 and a T6 I honestly don't believe they can be any lower. I thought all raid tiers rewards have been improved isn't that the company line? I thought that the lower tiers did see a little bit of an improvement though.

Haven't seen many screen shots from those lower tiers, so you are probably right.

I saw some screenshot of t5 and t6 ... they are just so bad now , i posted one on the forum .
    I am on the t6 , before this , i got 1 full piece and 60 pieces of gear . Now i got just 30 pieces of gears ... so i don't think they increased anything in lower tiers . I have some friends who plays the t5 and it's even worse ...
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    C3hyp77 wrote: »
    I sank 9 pieces of gear XII gear into my JTR team...

I sank 3 zetas on them as well.

I bought crystals to get my Phoenix and Nightsisters to gear XI, I almost have enough to zeta Assaj...

All so that I could earn the rewards I should be earning. Until now. Why did I bother?

More are completing it than you anticipated, so you take. You never give you only take.

I'm done. After 2 years in the same community most of which in the same guild I am done. This is the last straw. You don't improve something by taking from some to give to others. The increase in rewards to lower guild members and to the lower tiers in miniscule. The rewards you have taken from the top are a travesty.

I have Hoda set as my arena team, I am not bailing on my guild mates in the middle of a TB, but when rewards come in on Sunday. That's it.

I hope that's what you wanted, because I can't think of any other reason for doing this.

Well the rewards of the tiers 4 ,5 and 6 are also really really and really bad now , so tell me why ddi you said that they increased it ?

From what we've seen in our guild (admittedly very small sample size) it's a bit of a draw for T4. We were getting useful purple salvage, which is fine, but now it's a mix of better purple and yellow salvage but at lower amounts. Also our #4 finisher got a full gold eyeball, which on its own is better than any piece of gear anyone got previously.

Add in the additional currency, and the fact that our lower level members now have an equal chance at the same gear as the top finishers, I'd say overall it's a (slight) net positive for our guild.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @Marcelord
    No, not at all! They're defiantly and stubbornly doing nothing and defending their rewards nerf even though @CG_Carrie clearly stated on April 2nd that they would be improving rewards across all tiers... Say one thing to please the people, then do the exact opposite and tell them they're not smart enough to know the difference between improving something and making something worse.
  • CG_Carrie:

I am not very vocal on forums, but I am very found of the game, being a day one player, and rank 1 on arena every single day. I invested a lot over the past couple of years, more recently - 1 month from now, a full NS team from 0 (that would mean gear 8) to g12, and a couple of zetas, among others characters.
    This flattening of the raid rewards was a failure in every single aspect. It didn't flatten the rewards, rank 1-3 still gets a very widen amount than others. It removed challenge gear (even the mk8 biotech implant, which most who buy pieces on shipments need), and didn't add any in compensation. It was purely a massive reduction. And to make matters worse CG sold it as a good thing. It's nowhere near good.
    I understand the rewards were too good. I'm fine being reduced by a little, but the time and money invested for something pretty near a Pit reward is outrageous and insulting.
    You are very active on forums and reddit, thank you for that. But regarding these changes in STR rewards it was very misleading to say the least.
    This has been said here, on reddit, and I'm probably/most likely repeating what has been said over and over, but I felt like writing.
    Now I urge you to, please, fix this, not because I will quit, or become free to play, or whatever reason other than this was very disrespectful.
  • Ploosh, are you reporting the merge as harassment? Or my original post? Does no one understand the mechanics of demonstrating by mimicry? I put out a post that got some strong reactions and only about half of the people gave a reasonable response, the others posted an emotional response. Just like what happened when the devs made their change . . .
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Daeghaa wrote: »
    It didn't flatten the rewards, rank 1-3 still gets a very widen amount than others.

How so? Everyone gets the same prize box. The contents of the box are still variable but that's not what the flattening referred to.
  • AGAIN. @CG_Carrie
    We asked ONE thing. Remove un-needed gear that we have 1000's of from Raids. This was a very simple request from your customers. Right? the people that pay you? It was un-rewarding to do a raid and then get stuff you don't need, no one liked it, customers asked for that change.
    Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill.
    Stop trying to spin this horrible change.
    Stop trying to explain how helping people that may, or may not, be in my guild tomorrow with flattened rewards is of any interest to the competitive folk on this forum.
    For all all your talk about game health - you should be making SUBTLE changes to balances (clearly Subtle is stricken from CG vocabulary, but try it, please.
    This is no different then the ridiculous system in TW you came up with. If your customers want a simple tie break, then do it, don't foster some ridiculous system on them that wasn't wanted.
    The TW system ended up right back where it was.
    I guess we'll see if enough people answer the STR issue with their wallets to get it actually fixed.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    Heroic should be about shards for Traya. I actually think for tiers not heroic the rewards should be good because you don't get Traya shards, and they should compensate in the back end by making Traya amazing. That's where the payoff for the grind comes in.

I think CG is doing a great job coming out and taking the time to address this issue, and people should not just see the "now" but also the "later" Traya is the end game for doing sith raids, and that in itself should be motivating enough.
    By this logic, once a guild has farmed Traya up to 7* they should actually drop down for better gear rewards in the lower tiers? Please tell me that's not actually what you are suggesting.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Word on the street is that t5 through t7 are getting the same amount of gear now.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Jordylee24 wrote: »
    Word on the street is that t5 through t7 are getting the same amount of gear now.

Which, if logic still works with CG "improvements", would seem to indicate the t6 gear rewards are better than Heroic. This can't be right....can it? I don't even know anymore. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Boofpoof
    318 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    Personally I am fan of the flattened reward system. Someone that posts 0 damage should not earn similar rewards to someone that does 10mil+ to the sith bosses.

What they game need is better beta testing. Overpowered squads should have been identified before it went live not 2weeks after. The amount of gear in the Heroic boxes might have been excessive, this should also have been fixed before it went live.

Instead beta testing here seems to be a way for certain guilds to gain an upper hand. You talk about imbalance between players... you have X set of players getting uber rewards for a month, and now everyone else will take forever to close the power gap.

Except a flattened reward system rewards people from top to bottom somewhat evenly......somewhat.

But I agree more testing is needed for them before new content gets released. TB still crashes for a lot of people during mid battle.......

It was as if the heroic sith raid was dedicated to the whales of SWGOH because that's what it took to take it down. You mostly hear complains about "I have spent $xxxx in the game and I want....." but the end game should be about getting Traya through the heroic sith raids.

@TAureliusC Let’s not say this raid was dedicated to the whales. The same thing was said when the HAAT came out. Guess what? Whale guilds quickly figured it out and then began to reap the benefits. That’s what makes them whales.

I am not trying to defend this cluster kitten of bantha poo that has been delivered to us. I have yet to see a single screenshot post-nerf that gives me any doubt in my mind that the rewards are just not worthy of the difficulty/time investment for the Heroic Sith. And this is coming from someone who has been doing T4 raids.

I have had time to think about it since this bombshell dropped and I will concede that multiple full G12 pieces may have been too much. But the flip side is THAT was the INCENTIVE to work towards the HSITH raid. At this point no one can pronounce Darth Traya as the meta because minus that one guy no one has her unlocked yet. So at this point (but I will admit likely to change) the gear is the carrot to dangle. The biggest problem is that the Developers kittened it up by releasing the rewards initially and now compound the issue by taking it away when a month of rewards have already gone out.

I would argue that the whole point was to give the players worthy rewards for such a difficult raid. I think the issue is they werent expecting it to be so quickly dissected and farmed and that those rewards were meant to be spread out amongst many guilds as they became HSITH ready. Well that didnt happen and instead of a gradual plateau of rewards coming out the cliff face crumbled. On one side standing tall but with less stability you have the whale guilds. On the other side you have the piece that broke off and now is starting to sink into the water.

What we need is for someone to throw that sinking piece a life preserver. And lets face it that sinking piece is a LOT of guilds out there. I will use a Mark Twain that I think fits very well for the Developers here: “What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so."
    SWGOH Guild: Peace Is A Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I posted this once but it disappeared into the spam filter. Very small sample size but our guild (doing T4) is seeing less salvage, but some of it is more valuable...including one full gold eyeball, which is more valuable than anything anyone got from T4 before. Adding in the additional currency, and the fact that everyone gets the same prize box (which should be of benefit to our lower ranked members), I'd say this change has been either a wash or a slight upgrade for our guild as a whole.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    The other point I think bears repeating is that hSTR guilds will soon get access to new G12 pieces that no one else will have access to, which is worth quite a lot and seems to have been ignored.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie

I guess we'll see if enough people answer the STR issue with their wallets to get it actually fixed.

Yes, we will. I'm going to guess that in the post made with Kozi's account:
    We hear you, and our team is reviewing now. Regardless of the outcome, reviewing requires time...

That "reviewing" is simply CG-speak for "waiting to see if the whales and dolphins are upset enough to slow down their spending".

• Paarngfig wrote: »
    Good job @mods...
    You managed to take an informative and well thought out post by @Maegor and burry it in post that is absurd and useless. Good job indeed, superb job you guys do... just like CG, well done!

This guy gets it!
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    This upgrade is too much though for the top 100 guilds. No way should we put forth the effort if the rewards stink. I love a full piece. I get several full pieces can be insane and I get the reasoning of not having a crazy gap among the player base. But having it where full pieces are pretty much not existent for G12 toons makes me realize these guys throw updates in there without carefully breaking down the impact it has from F2P to krakens in this game.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Mischen1 wrote: »
    Paarngfig wrote: »
    Good job @mods...
    You managed to take an informative and well thought out post by @Maegor and burry it in post that is absurd and useless. Good job indeed, superb job you guys do... just like CG, well done!

This guy gets it!

tumblr_inline_onfn1lJoNt1uvo94m_500.gif

He's saying your post is the absurd and useless one.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Good job @mods...

This guy gets it!

Um, yeah, I get it. What I did here is just about the same as what CG did with the raid rewards. They had good intentions, messed it up (Carrie said so and apologized), but the amount of vitriol and hatred was astounding. I guess that is the way this country is going. If anyone screws up, destroy them with your anger! (Not you personally, just in general). So, let's all remember this is just a game based on a fictional universe! Yay! Now let's have fun.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I feel like this post was similar to the last one. A lot of words, but I feel like something else is at the root of it. I feel like companies should just come out and say how it is cutting into their profits too much and cite that as the main reason instead of dodging around it. Maybe, it frustrates the community more when they feel like something is missing in the answers than if they were told it was for profits. If it is about how we don't see the full picture with the other 2 gear 12 pieces that are coming then I don't understand why the adjustments are made a few weeks before it comes out instead of at the same time. Would give more time to figure out balancing if need be.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Good job @mods...

This guy gets it!

Um, yeah, I get it. What I did here is just about the same as what CG did with the raid rewards. They had good intentions, messed it up (Carrie said so and apologized), but the amount of vitriol and hatred was astounding. I guess that is the way this country is going. If anyone screws up, destroy them with your anger! (Not you personally, just in general). So, let's all remember this is just a game based on a fictional universe! Yay! Now let's have fun.

Here's what I'd suggest then...edit your OP (don't delete it, that will just make things worse) with an apology at the top, and a note to skip to the second post for the good stuff.
  • To be fair, I started my own post. I would not have wanted this to be merged, but hey, it happened. Not a good idea to mix this craziness with those of others who have legitimate complaints. Oh well . . .
  • Brock
    33 posts Member
    The Sith Raid is too hard. My guild is doing T4. How long will it take for my guild to be ready for Traya shards. A long time I guess. The rewards are lacking. My biggest beef is that I paid money to get JTR and as soon as I get her she is nerfed to make the Sith Raid even harder to complete. It's just one thing after another with this game. That's why in 2 days after my guilds TB is finished I am quitting the game. Good luck everyone.
  • FieldL
    96 posts Member
    I always finishes 40+, and the reward now is worse than before. This means, everyone gets worse reward. Okay, where does the “increase on the aggregate level” come from?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    To be fair, I started my own post.

Yes, I know, and I know you didn't ask for the merge. But it is what it is at this point and all you have control over is the contents of your post.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    The other point I think bears repeating is that hSTR guilds will soon get access to new G12 pieces that no one else will have access to, which is worth quite a lot and seems to have been ignored.

Oh no....you said "soon". :D

Seriously though, that is certainly worth keeping in mind. But it would have made more sense to "lower" the other rewards at the same time they introduced the new pieces. Given CG's ability to hit deadlines, the idea that they took away gear in the rewards that will be replaced by other gear "soon" is terrifying.

• So how do I edit my OP? I don't see an option.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    So how do I edit my OP? I don't see an option.

Depends on if you are on a phone or pc. On a computer, if you hover over one of your own posts, in the top right corner an "Edit" button will appear - just click it.

On a phone it's a little different. On the phone, it's always there (looks like a wheel) - in the top right corner of your post title. Then you have to tap "Edit" at the bottom.

• FieldL wrote: »
    I always finishes 40+, and the reward now is worse than before. This means, everyone gets worse reward. Okay, where does the “increase on the aggregate level” come from?

There is no increase, that was purely disingenuous.
This discussion has been closed.