Best team to acquire BB8

Prev1
Hi all,

So, looking to the future here and considering options.

I guess BB8 might be the next big event that I have the possibility of succeeding with, presuming there's probably at least 4 months until it comes around.

So...

Simple question - what do you think the best First Order squad to acquire him is?

Many thanks.

Replies

• Phasma lead, kylo Ren, unmasked kylo, FO Officer, and FO tie pilot. Their easiest to farm, and put out a lot of damage .
    I did it with the original 5 FO and had no problems. Can literally walk through it with a zeta kylo, and the rest of the team g8
  • Just g11 and Zeta Kylo, you should be okay if everyone else is g8.
  • Not sure where you are starting from, but confirmation bias aside, I had phenomenal drop rates from FO StormTrooper, and picked up Kylos ship at the same time. I mean it seemed like I was getting 2 + 2 shards a day from node 9 A lightside. That node stands out as the best farm I've had in the game.
  • I would say you could do it with the five First Order characters you have the easiest access to and/or need for more than BB-8. Kylos are probably the only ones you really need to have to succeed (and you could probably do it without them if you wanted).

I did it with all level 75, G8, FO with no omegas/zetas: KRU (L), Kylo, Phasma, FOTFP, and FOO.
  • Phasma lead, kylo Ren, unmasked kylo, FO Officer, and FO tie pilot. Their easiest to farm, and put out a lot of damage.

Officer is the only one I don't have. Reckon I could use Kylo Unmasked?

Plus - he has a leader ability. Instead of Phasma or not?

• Phasma lead, kylo Ren, unmasked kylo, FO Officer, and FO tie pilot. Their easiest to farm, and put out a lot of damage.

Yes KRU as lead over Phasma is my opinion, you have enough time to get FOST if you want to farm, but also FOE should be farmable soon and is a beast.

I used KRU (L), KRM, FOO, Phasma and FOTP.

Yes KRU as lead over Phasma is my opinion, you have enough time to get FOST if you want to farm, but also FOE should be farmable soon and is a beast.

I used KRU (L), KRM, FOO, Phasma and FOTP.

I have FOST, yes.

I'm thinking -

KRU (lead), Kylo, Phasma, FOTP and FOST.

Sound ok?

• Cooncoon
    228 posts Member
    He’s not hard to get just have Kylo ren at G 9 and all omegas and everyone else at G8 all omegas. Any 5 will do
  • Cooncoon wrote: »
    He’s not hard to get just have Kylo ren at G 9 and all omegas and everyone else at G8 all omegas. Any 5 will do

That's great, thank you.

And thanks to everyone contributing.

Not sure why but I'd always believed he was super-hard to get. Not sure where I get that from!

• I did it with g7 phasma, fost, g8 kru, FO0 and g11 fotp. Fotp had like +60-70 speed. No zetas. Only omegas on Fotp.
    For the record, it cleared mythic too (after a alot of tries). And speed on fotp *might have been lesser*. Sorry though it doesn't specifically answer your question lol.
  • Sorry though it doesn't specifically answer your question lol.

No, it's a help, thank you. As is everyone's reply, and I thank them for their contributions.

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Fotfp is one that's meta in ships.

Unfortunately if you over invest in him he won't be able to carry your team like say for example kylo because he is bit of glass cannon.

That's great, thank you.

Not sure why but I'd always believed he was super-hard to get. Not sure where I get that from!

It is very hard to get. This is the only event where I've had problems on phase 6 (funnily enough, more problems on phase 6 than on phase 7). If you listen to those people claiming that it's easy with g8 level 70-75 no zetas, you better start farming excellent mods or you will depend a lot on RNG. I did it with all toons level 85 gear 9 no zetas.

That's great, thank you.

It is very hard to get. This is the only event where I've had problems on phase 6 (funnily enough, more problems on phase 6 than on phase 7). If you listen to those people claiming that it's easy with g8 level 70-75 no zetas, you better start farming excellent mods or you will depend a lot on RNG. I did it with all toons level 85 gear 9 no zetas.

I appreciate everyone's input, but - I go into any challenges with all characters at 85 and Gear 9 being the bare minimum. That's a rule of thumb for me.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Cooncoon wrote: »

That's great, thank you.

Yeah it is easy. I did it with Kylo and Phasma at g9 and the rest g8.

Thrawn is a bit more hard, with a full g9 team (with chopper) you still need to pray for the help of the RNGod. :D
  • I used KRU G8 Kylo G9 FoTP G9 FOSFTP G8 and Phasma G8 with some low to decent mods (most of them 5dot health mods with speed here and there) no omegas no zetas but all abilities lvl7

I hope this helps you

That's great, thank you.

I appreciate everyone's input, but - I go into any challenges with all characters at 85 and Gear 9 being the bare minimum. That's a rule of thumb for me.

Me too, but I'm seeing some posts claiming that it's easy with g8 and low level. You know we're saying the same thing, right? XD
  • You've all been very helpful. Many thanks, I appreciate it.

• I haven't done much (if any) work on my FO since I 7-starred BB8... and you'll notice it they're fairly garbage:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/davidspumpkins/collection/?f=first-order

I didn't have KRU at the time, so used the old school Phasma Lead/FOTP/FOO/FOST/Kylo. Kylo was probably only G8 when I did the event, but I can't be sure. Hardly any max levels, lots of level 3 abilities, rarely an omega to be found.

I did swap arena mods on. FOTP carried the squad, since I had him geared for ships. Without a geared dps to put out big numbers, the rest of your cast would likely need to be more fleshed out.

KRU as both a lead and a character is only going to make your life easier. Outside of that, I have to imagine that whatever you can easily attain will do the job.
  • I haven't done much (if any) work on my FO since I 7-starred BB8... and you'll notice it they're fairly garbage:

I didn't have KRU at the time, so used the old school Phasma Lead/FOTP/FOO/FOST/Kylo. Kylo was probably only G8 when I did the event, but I can't be sure. Hardly any max levels, lots of level 3 abilities, rarely an omega to be found.

I did swap arena mods on. FOTP carried the squad, since I had him geared for ships. Without a geared dps to put out big numbers, the rest of your cast would likely need to be more fleshed out.

KRU as both a lead and a character is only going to make your life easier. Outside of that, I have to imagine that whatever you can easily attain will do the job.

Thank you, that's really valuable information :)
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    i play fo in arena and can tell you the best team is kru, foo, Ren, fost, and either fotp or foe. Phasma has no place. Foo is the engine that keeps the team running so you definitely want him. Pretty much all your damage will come from fotp and a bit from Ren. Fost and Ren feed everyone 25% tm, while foo reduces cd, gives fotp 100 tm and advantage and also gives the team some tm as well. Put high speed mods on everyone and it’s a pretty easy event. This is not to say you can’t do it with other teams, but if you want the best team and one that is viable in arena as well, this is it.

https://swgoh.gg/u/ikky2win/
  • Maullan_Caesar
    6 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    for this event - go with KRU, Kylo Ren, FOTP, FOO & Phasma (if you want the easiest grind to an easy win). If you want to build an arena team at the same time and risk taking a bit longer, than you would remove Phasma & loop in someone else. PS - I focused on gearing KRU, Kylo & FOTP, they carried my team (2 stuns is so op in this match & FOTP blasting everyone away). I think phasma was like level 50, gear 4/5, level 3 abilities, barely any mods - I had no interest in investing in her besides the 7 star.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I haven't done much (if any) work on my FO since I 7-starred BB8... and you'll notice it they're fairly garbage:

Just wanted to say I was in this exact same position.

https://swgoh.gg/u/tvf/collection/?f=first-order

The only thing I've changed since then is take FOTP up a bunch of levels. I don't remember where he was back then, maybe G9?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2018

My First Order were all level 75 except for Kylo Ren who was 82.

My First Order were all gear level 8 except for FOTP who was gear 9.

Every ability was level 5 on every character except for Kylo. His basic attack was at level 8, his AoE was level 5, his outrage was at level 6, and his unique was at level 7.

I didn't use my best mods on them, mostly mods I had laying around that weren't all the way leveled. FOO got my highest speed mods that were laying around.
    As for speed FOO 230, FOTP 175, CP 151, KR 139, and FOST 118.

First Order Officer would go first and fill Kylo's turn meter. Kylo would stun Rey, which hopefully would lead to her dying before actually attacking. From there it was focused damage on the kill order I was following using my offensive specials on cooldown. I avoided taunting with FOST unless FOTP or Kylo were low on health.

I breezed through the first five tiers. Tier 6 hung me up until I leveled Kylo Ren from 78 to 82 and put the omega on his basic. I beat it the first try after doing so. Every time my kill order was Rey, Han, Chewie, BB8, Finn. I beat tier 7 on the 3rd try.
  • FOST is probably the easiest one to take out out of the original 5.

Both KRU and FOX are amazing and easy to get (low level cantina farm).
    KRU replaces FOST easily. FOX replaces FOTP easily. FOO is hard to replace because then you have to stack a lot of speed on KRM to stun Rey before she goes.
  • Woodroward wrote: »

My First Order were all level 75 except for Kylo Ren who was 82.

My First Order were all gear level 8 except for FOTP who was gear 9.

Every ability was level 5 on every character except for Kylo. His basic attack was at level 8, his AoE was level 5, his outrage was at level 6, and his unique was at level 7.

I didn't use my best mods on them, mostly mods I had laying around that weren't all the way leveled. FOO got my highest speed mods that were laying around.
    As for speed FOO 230, FOTP 175, CP 151, KR 139, and FOST 118.

First Order Officer would go first and fill Kylo's turn meter. Kylo would stun Rey, which hopefully would lead to her dying before actually attacking. From there it was focused damage on the kill order I was following using my offensive specials on cooldown. I avoided taunting with FOST unless FOTP or Kylo were low on health.

I breezed through the first five tiers. Tier 6 hung me up until I leveled Kylo Ren from 78 to 82 and put the omega on his basic. I beat it the first try after doing so. Every time my kill order was Rey, Han, Chewie, BB8, Finn. I beat tier 7 on the 3rd try.

Very useful indeed - thank you.

FOO seems to be a definite, yeah?

• the5th
    15 posts Member
    im glad this question was asked. i have nothing to add, but after spending months planning for CLS, and then quickly prepping for Thrawn, I too am looking at what I will try for next and decided to give bb8 a go. And now that the executioner is farmable (i just like that character) it seems like good times to get a FO team going
  • the5th wrote: »
    im glad this question was asked. i have nothing to add, but after spending months planning for CLS, and then quickly prepping for Thrawn, I too am looking at what I will try for next and decided to give bb8 a go. And now that the executioner is farmable (i just like that character) it seems like good times to get a FO team going

I think we can assume that BB8...and then JTR are on their way in the distant future. A good idea to get cracking on them now to avoid having to panic-farm when the events are here.
  • the5th
    15 posts Member
    I think we can assume that BB8...and then JTR are on their way in the distant future. A good idea to get cracking on them now to avoid having to panic-farm when the events are here.

agreed. and i think getting a decent fo team for bb8 wont be too bad. but not at all looking forward to getting a JTR required team.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    KRU and KR both gear 11 no zeta and it’s all you need. Literally did not gear or level and of the other FO.