Thrawn Mythic [MERGE]

Replies

• You can beat it I just did, I don’t mind the taunt being ignored, all I ask is give “ Our” Pheonix toons the same abilities, so it doesn’t feel like we are being rear ended.

@CG_Carrie @CG_TopHat
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I think it’s funny that in all these screen shots, nobody is bothering with the first tier XD

It's too hard lol

The mechanics are completely broken lol. Honestly tier 3 is beatable with absolute perfect RNG, and G12 arena toons. But the rewards outside of the salvage and credits are junk. Tenacity mods are useless. And the potency mods that drop haven’t given me any speed secondaries at all. If they’re going to make mythic events this nuts, then they can at least drop mods that have guaranteed speed secondaries.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I think it’s funny that in all these screen shots, nobody is bothering with the first tier XD

that's cause nobody bothered taking their Phoenix past g8 which was needed to unlock Thrawn and to have a semi decent TW defense team ;)
  • Lekrom1982 wrote: »

that's cause nobody bothered taking their Phoenix past g8 which was needed to unlock Thrawn and to have a semi decent TW defense team ;)

Well I mean every single one of them needs massive amounts of stun guns and carbantis to just get to gear level 9 lol. Kanan needs 2 stun gun sets just to go their himself
  • Lekrom1982 wrote: »

I highly doubt nobody is accurate re Phoenix and gear levels lol. There are a few that must be g9 . .. .. ;)
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Lekrom1982 wrote: »

Pretty much... I don't need to to try 50 times again
  • Mr_Green
    93 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Did it with 3-4 tries,

ZzVader
    EP ( No zetas)
    RG (G11)
    Shore

The bugs are ridiculous but I don’t want them to fix it, rather add that to our Pheonix Kit

https://imgur.com/gallery/L3Q7h
  • It is beatable , and with so many saying they used g11/12 chars, it should be done. Unless squad comp is subpar, or thrawn isn't built up mebbe?

I see a lot of people claiming they beat it, but I'm not seeing any actual proof.

That's because in most cases they are forum trolls just trying to stir the masses into a frenzy....likely with minnow accounts

Forum trolls... come on

https://imgur.com/a/zdkcM
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    x4p2dh.png
    used palp, vader, DT and shore.

Tier 1 is more difficult to be honest.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Completion of bonus tier requires good (not insane) RNG. I use Thrawn Vader EP Shoretrooper Tarkin. Just try several times until Phoenix focuses their first wave of attacks on Shoretrooper
  • Hilts
    12 posts Member
    Howdy, my first post...
    Love empire and thought I would share what can be done. Thrawn vader and palp all have good speed. Shore is heavily modded with protection
    Royal guard part mods.
    Thrawn 12 ZZ
    Shore 11
    Vader 11
    Palp 11
    Royal 9
    Heavily rng like most aspects of the game.
  • Hilts
    12 posts Member
    Screenshot_20180414-095055_1.png
    Screenshot_20180414-095203.png
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    I find tier 3 to be less fun than pulling off my own teeth. I’m sorry, but once again this is just horrible design.
  • Fik
    41 posts Member
    They don't ignore taunt. There is just an invisible pre-taunt on all your chars that goes away when the char takes dmg. This is to spread out dmg of the opening volley so you don't get one toon focused down in the beginning. So it's actually there to help us ;)
  • It can be done I managed it after insane amount of attempts and when I completed it didn’t lose anyone.

Thrawn
    Shore Trooper
    Storm Trooper
    Death Trooper
    Krennic

I do have zeta on thrawn leader and zeta on death Trooper and all g12 apart from that it’s probably impossible.
  • Yondo_DS wrote: »
    A G11 max IPD does self destruct on Zeb and Zeb’s health goes UP. Awesome mechanics, well done CG

That made my day LOL
  • uhla
    3 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Oh, it is beatable.

unknown.png?width=1207&height=683

Storm is dead on that picture. That's g11 nonzeta palp, g11 shore and g11 storm, nozeta thrawn and vader are g12.
    Mods here: https://swgoh.gg/u/uhla/

Another strategy is with dt instead of storm, but this felt more comfortable (still needed a bit of rng chase tbf)

• Arrid
    11 posts Member
    If I'll wish make love with RNG - I'll go play another games

For who this event is? For 1-3% of loyal players with maxed Empire teams or for 0.05% of RNG-lovers with proper stars on proper characters?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Thanks Austin9370....took several attempts with RNG....

G12 Thrawn (unique zeta)
    G12 Shoretrooper
    G11 RG
    G12 Emp (no zetas)
    G12 Vader (leader zeta)

If you can get a turn where they all live you can slowly widdle them down with Vader's AOE.

Oh and neither of those arrows had speed on them so garbage as usual....the middle one gave me tenacity mods, just as useful....

Auch, turns out with some strategy guidance you could actually beat it. Realizing that must have been painfull, specially after all that talk in this thread, lmao.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Fik wrote: »
    They don't ignore taunt. There is just an invisible pre-taunt on all your chars that goes away when the char takes dmg. This is to spread out dmg of the opening volley so you don't get one toon focused down in the beginning. So it's actually there to help us ;)

A needlessly complicated, non-transparent "solution" that does more harm than good, when the actual solution is glaringly obvious, like not giving them (so much) preloaded TM? Yeah, that sounds like CG.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    `noobs

Forums be a-runnin'?
    Leef be a-trollin'...

;)

Is it still considered trollin if it's true?
  • RobArt
    117 posts Member
    I used Thrawn, Deathtrooper, Palp (good because of Jedi and Rebels ->Ezra nearly died by my first turn), Shore, Zeers.
    Finished in my first try
  • Beat it using
    G10 thrawn
    G10 deathtrooper
    G11 shoretrooper
    G12 palpatine
    G12 vader
    No zetas on them other than vader & palpatines leads.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Thrawn ep shoretrooper stormtrooper deathtrooper gets it done . It is crazy that Phoenix squad should not be that fast must be plus 30’on all there mods .
  • Just stopped in to suggest a new QOL feature.

A 'pause' option, so I can retreat and restart hoping for better RNG without having to wait for a phoenix squad with ten thousand speed to finish their six million turns.
  • Has anyone beat it without Shoretrooper?
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    This event was great! Loved a good challenge! Used thrawn, ep, snow, veerz, dt.
  • leef wrote: »
    Thanks Austin9370....took several attempts with RNG....

G12 Thrawn (unique zeta)
    G12 Shoretrooper
    G11 RG
    G12 Emp (no zetas)
    G12 Vader (leader zeta)

If you can get a turn where they all live you can slowly widdle them down with Vader's AOE.

Oh and neither of those arrows had speed on them so garbage as usual....the middle one gave me tenacity mods, just as useful....

Auch, turns out with some strategy guidance you could actually beat it. Realizing that must have been painfull, specially after all that talk in this thread, lmao.

I mean the person he was getting into it with never proved that he beat it. Everything about it was all talk and no proof.
    But it seems that you must have Two out of three of Vader, Thrawn, or Palpa teen at G 12. Have arena level mods and use double tanks to absorb damage. But even then, you need very lucky RNG considering The AI ignores taunt