Thrawn Mythic [MERGE]

Replies

• I managed it and so have a couple of guild mates.
    RNG plays a big part but my team was Thrawn, Palp, Vader, Shore and RG.
    Thrawn and Palp have unique Zeta.
    Shore is G10 and RG is only 9.
    They both died but helped keep Palp alive and his health drain is vital to reducing them to easy kills.
    The only part I can remember working was fracture Kanan and shock and kill Chop first, other than that, take chances when they come.
    Good luck, it was ridiculously hard
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Thanks Austin9370....took several attempts with RNG....

G12 Thrawn (unique zeta)
    G12 Shoretrooper
    G11 RG
    G12 Emp (no zetas)
    G12 Vader (leader zeta)

If you can get a turn where they all live you can slowly widdle them down with Vader's AOE.

Oh and neither of those arrows had speed on them so garbage as usual....the middle one gave me tenacity mods, just as useful....

Auch, turns out with some strategy guidance you could actually beat it. Realizing that must have been painfull, specially after all that talk in this thread, lmao.

I mean the person he was getting into it with never proved that he beat it. Everything about it was all talk and no proof.
    But it seems that you must have Two out of three of Vader, Thrawn, or Palpa teen at G 12. Have arena level mods and use double tanks to absorb damage. But even then, you need very lucky RNG considering The AI ignores taunt
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Thanks Austin9370....took several attempts with RNG....

G12 Thrawn (unique zeta)
    G12 Shoretrooper
    G11 RG
    G12 Emp (no zetas)
    G12 Vader (leader zeta)

If you can get a turn where they all live you can slowly widdle them down with Vader's AOE.

Oh and neither of those arrows had speed on them so garbage as usual....the middle one gave me tenacity mods, just as useful....

Auch, turns out with some strategy guidance you could actually beat it. Realizing that must have been painfull, specially after all that talk in this thread, lmao.

I mean the person he was getting into it with never proved that he beat it. Everything about it was all talk and no proof.
    But it seems that you must have Two out of three of Vader, Thrawn, or Palpa teen at G 12. Have arena level mods and use double tanks to absorb damage. But even then, you need very lucky RNG considering The AI ignores taunt

I did it with neither palp or vader and a single tank (shoretrooper)

Deathtrooper was the key in my run but there are various tactics
  • It is beatable , and with so many saying they used g11/12 chars, it should be done. Unless squad comp is subpar, or thrawn isn't built up mebbe?

I see a lot of people claiming they beat it, but I'm not seeing any actual proof.

That's because in most cases they are forum trolls just trying to stir the masses into a frenzy....likely with minnow accounts

:/

Screenshot_20180414_041244.png
  • Tier 3 of this Mythic event is bugged to hell!

However it is also very easy to beat.

Thrawn, EP + 3 Tanks.

They begin killing themselves off before your first turn.
  • Fik
    41 posts Member
    About the AI ignoring taunt. All of your toons have pre-taunt at the beginning of the fight to prevent AI focusing just one toon. This is CG_Capgasp's explanation given during first run of BB8 mythic event where it was screwing with r2's stealth.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7infbx/anyone_else_notice_this_weird_bug_in_t2_mythic/dr04r1e/

Capgasp:
    Interesting! This is because at the start of that fight the player team gets hit with invisible taunts that expire on taking damage. (It's a mechanism I use to prevent RNG from arbitrarily being so bad you get one important character focused on the opening salvo -- feels bad man.) Since Stealth is overridden by Taunt, this is a bug I never anticipated (FO have no Stealth). I'll ask the QA team to bug this and any other possible instances, but sadly there's no way to fix this during the weekend. Apologies!
  • NightwingTR
    169 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    i passed the 3rd part but i don't understand how can all phoenix squad ignore Taunt (ShoreTrooper's) or it's only happened to me (BUG :/ )
  • Orleans
    177 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    https://ibb.co/iYQ0wn Did it first try but lost Shore. Fractured Kanan and went for Sabine and Ezra first. Tarkin was MVP.
  • Autoplayed with Palp Vader storm and shore. Keeping Palp alive is vital and his crackling doom is really important. All g12.
  • Snommag wrote: »
    Has anyone beat it without Shoretrooper?

I beat it with all maxed (as in, all zetas, all G12 pieces currently available, my best mods) team of Thrawn, EP, DV, DT and DK. Krennic died before I could get a move in... In the end, only DV and DT survived, barely.
  • Luniz wrote: »
    So no point in bothering if I don't have shore or death trooper? Only 5 weeks away on shore too :(

You can keep trying. What are you other toons like
  • I know I don't stand a chance, Shoretrooper 80/85, Deathtrooper 40/65. Gear 12 Thrawn, and gear XI Vader and EP, but the rest of my Empire is gear 8 or lower. Well done to those that beat it.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Fik wrote: »
    About the AI ignoring taunt. All of your toons have pre-taunt at the beginning of the fight to prevent AI focusing just one toon. This is CG_Capgasp's explanation given during first run of BB8 mythic event where it was screwing with r2's stealth.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7infbx/anyone_else_notice_this_weird_bug_in_t2_mythic/dr04r1e/

Capgasp:
    Interesting! This is because at the start of that fight the player team gets hit with invisible taunts that expire on taking damage. (It's a mechanism I use to prevent RNG from arbitrarily being so bad you get one important character focused on the opening salvo -- feels bad man.) Since Stealth is overridden by Taunt, this is a bug I never anticipated (FO have no Stealth). I'll ask the QA team to bug this and any other possible instances, but sadly there's no way to fix this during the weekend. Apologies!

Gee, I wonder if there could be an easier, more transparent and fair solution to this. Like, maybe, not letting that initial barrage happen in the first place. Maybe by not giving them 100% preloaded TM? Nah, that can't work, this secret taunt is completely necessary...
  • Fedegalante1891
    324 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Beat after a lot of tries.
    Thrawn (unique Z) Palpy (ZZ) Vader (ZZ) Tarkin (Z) Shore.
    Thrawn is 270+Speed, the rest in the 200-220 area. All g12 except shore, g10 and not well modded.
    Retried untill i got lucky they only targeted shore.
    Then thrawn swapped with palps and he landed stun on all ( this was indeed the game changer)
    Kill order was
    Sabine
    Ezra
    Here
    The other 3 i dont remember but it was oretty mich over then.

Oh and shock Kanan asap

Hope it helps

Edit: vaders unresitable against rebels block is resisted, they ignore taunt, zeb removes tm on non esnared toons, and he evades a lot.
    There were a few other “wai bugs” but cant recall, those were the most annoying

https://swgoh.gg/u/quicogalante/

Thats my profile if you want to check mod setup
  • If someone beats it they are going to need all G12 with all G12 gear, all zetas and rediculous mods, still not sure if it's doable then because of Thrawn forced leader...and the enemy magically ignoring Taunt which isn't a mechanic they have.

Beat it with: Thrawn (250) Palpatine (232) Vader (246) Deathtrooper (203) Shoretrooper (175 & 55k Protection)

My only Zetas are Palp and Vader Leads, which are irrelevant.

I found the trick was to kill Sabine and Ezra quickly, and try do it before Hera lands her Revival Buff on them. They're squishy so it can be done. You need to get Shock on Kanan, otherwise you're just healing him by hitting him.

I ended up with Palp & Vader vs. Hera, Chopper & Zeb. Culling Blade took Hera, then killed Chopper, finally Zeb.
  • The event isn't hard at all, it is a simple kill order strategy- Ezra -> Sabine -> Hera then put on auto GG
  • leef wrote: »
    `noobs

You're referring to the devs, right?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Dexermon wrote: »
    The event isn't hard at all, it is a simple kill order strategy- Ezra -> Sabine -> Hera then put on auto GG

Sure, that's pretty easy. Just like walking on lava is easy, you just have to put one foot in front of the other and repeat. The problem is surviving long enough to let that happen.
  • I had a few close tries by now, just sucks its not just hard but so rng based. Ignoring taunts is probably most stupid thing they could have done. Strategy is just hope you EP lives long enough for phoenix to kill them self.
  • Posted on another thread but will copy here in case it helps

Beat after a lot of tries. (Play till rng is good, but kill order is a must, i tried other combinations and got wiped out)

Thrawn (unique Z) Palpy (ZZ) Vader (ZZ) Tarkin (Z) Shore.

Thrawn is 270+Speed, the rest in the 200-220 area. All g12 except shore, g10 and not well modded.

Retried untill i got lucky they only targeted shore.
    Then thrawn swapped with palps and he landed stun on all ( this was indeed the game changer)

Kill order was
    Sabine
    Ezra
    Here
    The other 3 i dont remember but it was oretty mich over then.

Oh and shock Kanan asap

Hope it helps

Edit: vaders unresitable against rebels block is resisted, they ignore taunt, zeb removes tm on non esnared toons, and he evades a lot.
    There were a few other “wai bugs” but cant recall, those were the most annoying

https://swgoh.gg/u/quicogalante/

Thats my profile if you want to check mod setup
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Just stopped in to suggest a new QOL feature.

A 'pause' option, so I can retreat and restart hoping for better RNG without having to wait for a phoenix squad with ten thousand speed to finish their six million turns.

I like that you stayed accurate, and didn't wildly exaggerate.
  • ITS SUPPOSED TO BE HARD
  • For me deathtrooper was the most important toon. Deathmark works like a charm here.
  • Riegorn wrote: »
    I had a few close tries by now, just sucks its not just hard but so rng based. Ignoring taunts is probably most **** thing they could have done. Strategy is just hope you EP lives long enough for phoenix to kill them self.

Don't use EP he is to squishy
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    zzThrawn, zzEP, zDT, DK, Shore. Granted all r g12 and 4 of the 5 r my arena squad w/ anywhere from +108 to +125 speed.

Still took 3 attempts to clear the bonus round. I can't imagine too many ppl succeeding at this lvl of difficulty.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Dexermon wrote: »
    The event isn't hard at all, it is a simple kill order strategy- Ezra -> Sabine -> Hera then put on auto GG

Sure, that's pretty easy. Just like walking on lava is easy, you just have to put one foot in front of the other and repeat. The problem is surviving long enough to let that happen.

If you use fully geared toons, it is easy to survive, Thrawn and Shore can keep regaining HP/Protection the entire fight so you don't loose a single toon... People who are whining are people who aren't using geared or the right toons to counter. It is not supposed to be beaten with what you just have lying around, you need good gear and great mods, it even says so in the description.
  • Dexermon wrote: »
    Riegorn wrote: »
    I had a few close tries by now, just sucks its not just hard but so rng based. Ignoring taunts is probably most **** thing they could have done. Strategy is just hope you EP lives long enough for phoenix to kill them self.

Don't use EP he is to squishy

Ok so what team did you beat it with that make it so easy as you say?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    ITS SUPPOSED TO BE HARD

Doesn't change the fact that preloaded TM to make things "challenging" is just pure kitten. Add to that the secret taunt and you get an abomination.
  • I've about had it with this game. Sith raid is over hyped thrawn event is rediculous. No wonder tour losing people daily.