Thrawn Mythic [MERGE]

Replies

• The worst thing is a useless mods in the reward...
  • The worst thing is a useless mods in the reward...

Truth
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Took a few tries but I was able to clear it. Mythic events are tuned for max level and gear, so its expected that its a tough battle. Not sure if Vader's speed being slow is WAI to make it more challenging or a bug tho.
  • yawn.
  • Bawz
    31 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    Bawz wrote: »
    As much as I disagree with the proclamations of "Bug!!", can anyone explain their TMR & TM+ to me, please?
    I understand the taunt issue, but how does my team end up with the 200+ speed characters, including Zader, having less TM than a character with 176 speed, meanwhile 4/5 of the opposition have completely full TM again, but one has none?
    I'm aware of Ezra, Zeb & Kanan's TM+ abilities for themselves & Phoenix team mates, but how is it that my TM is being reduced to the point where slower characters get 1st turn?

I believe CG_Tophat explained (maybe on reddit) that the TM at the start of the event is there to ensure it's a challenge, this makes it to you start at a disadvantage without having to give the characters super speed to go first.
    Thanks for responding, but I did not ask about that?
    I was quite specific in what I did ask about, so really unsure what you're actually referring to here?
    Did you mean to respond to me? Or did you not read what I wrote?
    Sorry, but I cannot discern any correlation whatsoever between your response & the quoted questions you're responding to.
  • What event was it where Vader was supercharged and we all wanted it? Was that a mythic as well?
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    The worst thing is a useless mods in the reward...

I wouldn't classify a 5* tenacity square which leveled up has a secondary speed of +17 as useless...not amazing, but not useless.
  • No Zetas.

G12 Thrawn
    G12 Vader
    G12 EP
    G11 shoretrooper
    G10 Royal guard
  • xeo
    36 posts Member
    Used my ep team geared for arena. Won first try but they killed shoretrooper. Team was thrawn ep vader deathtrooper shoretrooper. All g12
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    As much as I disagree with the proclamations of "Bug!!", can anyone explain their TMR & TM+ to me, please?
    I understand the taunt issue, but how does my team end up with the 200+ speed characters, including Zader, having less TM than a character with 176 speed, meanwhile 4/5 of the opposition have completely full TM again, but one has none?
    I'm aware of Ezra, Zeb & Kanan's TM+ abilities for themselves & Phoenix team mates, but how is it that my TM is being reduced to the point where slower characters get 1st turn?

I believe CG_Tophat explained (maybe on reddit) that the TM at the start of the event is there to ensure it's a challenge, this makes it to you start at a disadvantage without having to give the characters super speed to go first.
    I was quite specific in what I did ask about, so really unsure what you're actually referring to here?
    Sorry, but I cannot discern any correlation whatsoever between your response & the quoted questions you're responding to.
    ... how is it that my TM is being reduced to the point where slower characters get 1st turn?

I was explaining how they go first.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited April 2018

Wow. He exactly answered your question, and you bit his head off. You're condescending, and you have no reading comprehension. Great combo.
  • What’s even worse is that we have to do T1 all over again. And it’s not that it’s ridiculous that it’s RNG dependent too. It’s not that thrawn, and both DT’s have preloaded TM and the storm trooper has auto taunt. But every time you get bad RNG you have to deal with stupid cutscenes and pointless rounds before it to restart. Every...single...time. BORING AND ANNOYING! Thanks for another ridiculously built event devs. Can always count on the team to disappoint
  • This should have been the one mythic tier 3 event that I could do. Couldn’t do any of the other ones but I figured hey since I poured everything into empire,I’ll own the thrawn mythic event. Nope. thanks for nothing devs. What a waste.
  • I_WANT_YODA
    540 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    What's all the fuss about? This was an excellent challenge! No, you don't have to be a whale to complete it. I'm not, but I did. The only gear 12 I used was Thrawn. Strategy is key.

Team: Thrawn, Vader, Shore, Tarkin, DT.
    Goal 1: Survive barrage.
    Goal 2: Regain health
    Goal 3: Use Thrawn lead special to line up TM to do the following; Force choke, DT aoe for dispel, Tarkin unique and aoe, culling blade Sabine for kill.
    Goal 4: Regain health, Shore may die due to taunt.
    Goal 5: Deathmark Hera, and kill with Thrawn crack
    Goal 6: Wear down Ezra to force choke and culling blade.
    Goal 7: regain health if Shore is still alive.
    Goal 8: Deathmark and crack the rest in this order; Chopper, Kan, Zeb.

Thank you CG for a great challenging mythic event!

Edit note: Use Thrawn lead special and unique to reset DT deathmark.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • More than speed ,protection is more important
    Used a team with g12 vader,zzthrawn,palps(unique zeta)
    G10 shore and deathtrooper.
    10 tries or something.
    All of them had lots of protection 40k ish except death trooper
    All have only around 60 speed. So i guess protection is more important
  • Bossak
    119 posts Member
    zz thrawn (L)
    (Lead z) palp
    (Lead z) Vader
    Z deathtrooper
    Krennic

All gear 12 and decent mods were able to beat tier 3 with half protection still left- turn meter from dt unique really helps as well as palps unique ability... not as difficult as everybody is saying
  • Bawz
    31 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I did not ask anything about how they go first.
    I specifically referred to the speed of my characters & how my slower character was going ahead of my faster characters.
    The opposing team going first has absolutely nothing to do with what I asked.
  • Took several tries but got it with
    Thrawn g10
    Palp g11
    Vader g12
    D troop g9
    Rg g9
    No zetas
  • Bawz
    31 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Wow. He exactly answered your question, and you bit his head off. You're condescending, and you have no reading comprehension. Great combo.
    No he didn't & no I didn't.
    I suggest before you start throwing around accusations, you move out of that glass house.

"how does my team end up with the 200+ speed characters, including Zader, having less TM than a character with 176 speed, meanwhile 4/5 of the opposition have completely full TM again, but one has none?
    I'm aware of Ezra, Zeb & Kanan's TM+ abilities for themselves & Phoenix team mates, but how is it that my TM is being reduced to the point where slower characters get 1st turn?"

In context, it should be pretty obvious to anyone with these "comprehension skills" that you claim I lack, that I am not at any point asking about the enemy team's turn, but my own turn sequence.
    The "again" where I refer to 4/5 of them having full TM makes it equally obvious that I'm referring to the opposition's 2nd turn, not their 1st.
    So how does responding to me telling me about the enemy TM starting at full, which I was already well aware of, answer my question about my slower character going ahead of my faster character for my first turn?
    It doesn't.
    Post edited by Bawz on
  • If someone beats it they are going to need all G12 with all G12 gear, all zetas and rediculous mods, still not sure if it's doable then because of Thrawn forced leader...and the enemy magically ignoring Taunt which isn't a mechanic they have.

I beat it but omg it was hard.... I've never seen toons this hard ever. Thank God for my empire team
  • Be nice if the unfamiliar tactics Phoenix used is actually unreleased Zeta or whatever the next ability class is.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    3x t12 stacked all 1shot before i even got a turn with a near speed maxed vader. Seriously broken
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Taramel wrote: »
    May I suggest running tarkin for those struggling..... pheonix with offense down going a dozen times just kill themselves from EP unique while they tickle you ... did it first try. Thrawn, ep, vader, shore and tarkin

Nice idea, I need to star my tark up
  • UdalCuain
    4991 posts Member
    I specifically referred to the speed of my characters & how my slower character was going ahead of my faster characters.

Both Sabine and Zeb can stagger your characters, causing them to lose all TM when hit.
  • Bawz
    31 posts Member

Both Sabine and Zeb can stagger your characters, causing them to lose all TM when hit.
    Thank you very much. This does answer my question, much appreciated & glad that you were able to understand what I was asking.
    Thank you again.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

No he didn't & no I didn't.
    I suggest before you start throwing around accusations, you move out of that glass house.

"how does my team end up with the 200+ speed characters, including Zader, having less TM than a character with 176 speed, meanwhile 4/5 of the opposition have completely full TM again, but one has none?
    I'm aware of Ezra, Zeb & Kanan's TM+ abilities for themselves & Phoenix team mates, but how is it that my TM is being reduced to the point where slower characters get 1st turn?"

In context, it should be pretty obvious to anyone with these "comprehension skills" that you claim I lack, that I am not at any point referring to the enemy team's turn, but my own turn sequence.
    The "again" where I refer to 4/5 of them having full TM makes it equally obvious that I'm referring to the opposition's 2nd turn, not their 1st.
    So how does responding to me telling me about the enemy TM starting at full, which I was already well aware of, answer my question about my slower character going ahead of my faster character for my first turn?
    It doesn't.

It's your own fault for your mush mouthed way of typing that makes no sense. You got an explanation when you wrote it understandably. Your toxic nonsense reminds me why I've been avoiding the forum. Learn to write clearly.
  • Bawz
    31 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    It's your own fault for your mush mouthed way of typing that makes no sense. You got an explanation when you wrote it understandably. Your toxic nonsense reminds me why I've been avoiding the forum. Learn to write clearly.
    What in what I originally wrote was unclear? Quote which part was difficult to understand & I'll happily explain it very slowly for you.
    It's you who are lacking the basic comprehension skills that you claim I do not possess.
    It is you who has been condescending & it is you who chose to respond with childish name calling & frankly rather pathetic insults, in an incorrect defence of someone else.
    They did not require defending by you, you chose to stick your oar in.
    If you do not like what you chose to stick your oar into, the answer to your problem is pretty obvious, even to someone distinctly lacking in comprehension skills.

Please do continue to avoid the forum. Your attitude stinks but you are completely laughable.
    Post edited by Bawz on
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I was able to beat it but it is ridiculous. Ran Thrawn(l), EP, Vader, Krennic, zDeathTrooper, arena mods, all g12. Good luck out there. Very difficult. Took a few tries.

This... except I ran shore instead of krennic. If you can survive long enough to get crit hit immunity up, it's a little easier.

Kill order for me was Ezra, kanan, Sabine, Zeb, hera, chopper

Also, just escape if you don't get Ezra down before hera uses backup plan on him.

EDIT: This event is COMPLETELY RNG dependant. It doesn't require all g12. I ran:

Thrawn g12 no zetas
    DT g12 no zeta
    zzPalpatine g11
    zDV g11 leader zeta, so useless
    Shore g11
  • If someone beats it they are going to need all G12 with all G12 gear, all zetas and rediculous mods, still not sure if it's doable then because of Thrawn forced leader...and the enemy magically ignoring Taunt which isn't a mechanic they have.

I beat it no problem. Twice. Thrawn, Vader, Palp, Shore & Storm.