Should Fulcrum have a Phoenix tag?

2Next

Replies

• Yes! Please add the Phoenix tag to her right away!
    Indeed. Though I don't expect to see any more of Phoenix to be added any time soon. I'd love to see Kallus (Fulcrum) too.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    The most likely only new Phoenix we're liable to see are Old Man Rex and maybe Kallus (Fulcrum).

But I would love to see Fenn Rau as a Phoenix for precisely two reasons.

First? One step closer to maybe having a Mandalorian faction.

Second?

At one point, they have the big, dramatic, "And my axe!" scene. Fenn Rau stands up and says, "The Protectors stand with you!"

Dude. What Protectors? You are literally the last one. Just say, "I stand with you," 'cuz that is the literal saddest thing you could say right there.

So. I want Fenn Rau in the game. But I want him to have the Protector tag. I want him to be the only character to ever have the Protector tag. I want every ability he has to proc based off allies that have the Protector tag, of which he will always be the only one.
    Still not a he.
    Kyno wrote: »
    No, it would be game breaking to share her unique

As we see with chopper, not every part of a unique has to be shared. In the case of Ahsoka, she doesn't HAVE to share her unique under Hera at all. She could only benefit from being around the others, much like how she maintained mystery about her past and abilities, while supporting and benefiting from being with the Phoenix Squad in the show.
    I think it would be great if Rex and ATF had synergy as they were close friends in Rebels
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    No, it would be game breaking to share her unique

As we see with chopper, not every part of a unique has to be shared. In the case of Ahsoka, she doesn't HAVE to share her unique under Hera at all. She could only benefit from being around the others, much like how she maintained mystery about her past and abilities, while supporting and benefiting from being with the Phoenix Squad in the show.

Her abilities with +40% offense and +20% crit damage, might get a little out of hand.

Her natural abilities and the healing from the shared abilities, again might get out of hand.

Yes you could limit her ability to make the whole team God like, but the abilities they grant her could make her fairly OP. IMHO
    I’m completely in favor of her getting the tag for story reasons, because she definitely was part of Phoenix (if not the founder). If it takes a rework/nerf to her to make it viable then I am also in favor of that.

It seems like an easy way to breath a little life back into Phoenix.
  • No, why would they do that?
    The dev specified that Fulcrum's Unique was created against Darth Vader because of the fight they have in the Season 2 of Star Wars Rebels but also more about the connection they have before he became Darth Vader so no, sharing her unique with Hera, Chopper, Zeb and Sabine who never really fought Vader and know him would be a lore breaker. Kanan got himself in one fight and Ezra in two (wich were not that major). Plus, she was more on her own. She wasn't the commander of phoenix squadron either.
    It seems like all the "no"s are upset about the idea of her sharing her unique. She could be mildly reworked and/or not share her unique, still added to the faction, and it wouldn't break anything!
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
    The dev specified that Fulcrum's Unique was created against Darth Vader because of the fight they have in the Season 2 of Star Wars Rebels but also more about the connection they have before he became Darth Vader so no, sharing her unique with Hera, Chopper, Zeb and Sabine who never really fought Vader and know him would be a lore breaker. Kanan got himself in one fight and Ezra in two (wich were not that major). Plus, she was more on her own. She wasn't the commander of phoenix squadron either.

Ahsoka was first introduced on Rebels by piloting the Ghost in to rescue the team. She also copiloted the Ghost during the Siege of Lothal. She definitely was a commanding officer of the Phoenix Cell (Ezra, Kanan, Zeb and Sabine weren’t even part of the Squadron if we want to get technical, according to Wookiepedia, and the team that we know as Phoenix should actually be called Spectre: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Phoenix_Cell).

You don’t count the two fights Ezra and Kanan saw Vader in as major? Twilight of the Apprentice was some of the best Star Wars since the OT, and bringing down walkers on Vader in the Siege of Lothal is not insignificant. Besides her time on the ship, Ahsoka fought alongside Kanan and Ezra in Future of the Force and Twilight.

Honestly, I’d probably be fine if she didn’t share her unique, like part of Choppers, but let her pick up some of the others
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Thrawn would also dismantle them quite effectively, starting with Kanan, which means the HP cost of Ahsoka's cleanse becomes an issue again, then with Kanan gone, Ahsoka becomes an easy soft target, and the rest of the house of cards falls down as Phoenix is wont to do.

I don't think putting the Phoenix tag on Fulcrum right now would make that squad a gamebreaker.
    Still not a he.
  • JKRevan
    156 posts Member
    This is easily fixable

Make her a Phoenix, but add a clause to her unique to avoid the sharing to other phx members, just like Chopper's assist doesnt get shared.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Yes! Please add the Phoenix tag to her right away!
    Sharing her unique and Kanan's at the same time would really cancel out most of both effects. It wouldn't be "Meta-creating". They'd heal when the debuffs are applied, then damage themselves at their turn end. IF they had any buffs they'd then heal a smaller percent. She'd essentially undo the heal from Kanan. It's no worse than some of the other uniques they already share. Immunity to DoTs would be nice. You'd have to stack other debuffs to OHK them with a culling blade. Everyone knows they're garbage against a similar power Palp team. This would bump them up to maybe being able to hold their own with really good mods and gear, maybe a few Zetas.

As for the Sith Raid, the bosses aren't immune to debuffs... And neither would Phoenix with Fulcrum added.
    Finally, folks who understand!
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    I'll also add that immunity to DoTs would actually hinder Kanan's shared unique to quite a degree against teams with Vader. Much less shared healing if force crush only heals from the speed down. He'll gain back 25% health instead of a possible 100%.
  • Elendior
    129 posts Member
    Phoenix would never ever break the game if Ahsoka Tano joined them. LOL. Thats just ridicolous.

But having Thrawn and Nihilus on every team is good?

The game needs more competetive teams with more chars beeing good as a team. Otherwise you dont need lead abilities if all legendary chars work perfectly without any synergy....