Thrawn Mythic [MERGE]

Replies

• 1. It does not require good strategy if it really requires just good RNG. So why not rather change the description to "needs really good mods and really good RNG"? ;)
    2. Vader is not getting nearly as many turns as he should given his new unique. Might be bugged even if Phoenix has to start with full TM as they do.
  • CHFC22 wrote: »
    Did it on 2nd go. Just ignore kannan until last as his health regen makes it inefficient. Vader's dots will pretty much take out sabine & ezra, letting you concentrate on the others. I used:

Zzthrawn g11
    Zep g12
    Vader g11
    Storm g11
    Shore g11

Me too. Same squad. I really don't know what the fuss is about. At no point did I think I would lose a character let alone the battle.

I'll admit all my characters for tve event are G12. Vader is 235 speed and Thrawn 252.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    1. It does not require good strategy if it really requires just good RNG. So why not rather change the description to "needs really good mods and really good RNG"? ;)
    2. Vader is not getting nearly as many turns as he should given his new unique. Might be bugged even if Phoenix has to start with full TM as they do.

you don't need good RNG if you've got the team, mods and strategy.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • gflegui
    293 posts Member
    I did it on my second try. Just benched DT and put in a second tank (IG gear 9). IG activate his taunt and he probably will die! After that take out sabine ezra hera and is all done
  • Beat T3 with G12Thrawn/G12Vader/G12Palpatene/
    G11DeathTrooper/G11SnowTrooper.

Took about 20 tries but finally was able to withstand the barrage of attacks that was killing off any toon mentioned above. Like anything in the game nowadays...RNG plays a factor. I only had 2 toons left standing at the end. Vader and Thrawn.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention the horrible mods that were the rewards too. Ended up just selling them. Not looking forward to doing it again:(
  • If someone beats it they are going to need all G12 with all G12 gear, all zetas and rediculous mods, still not sure if it's doable then because of Thrawn forced leader...and the enemy magically ignoring Taunt which isn't a mechanic they have.

Fake news. I only had one gear 12 toon, three gear 11, and one gear 10. Strategy helps.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...

Took about 20 tries but finally was able to withstand the barrage of attacks that was killing off any toon mentioned above. Like anything in the game nowadays...RNG plays a factor. I only had 2 toons left standing at the end. Vader and Thrawn.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention the horrible mods that were the rewards too. Ended up just selling them. Not looking forward to doing it again:(

But don't you have a sense of accomplishment now? :smile:
  • Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    1. It does not require good strategy if it really requires just good RNG. So why not rather change the description to "needs really good mods and really good RNG"? ;)

Bullet number 1 is wrong. Strategy and RNG play a huge part. If the barrage takes out a toon, exit and try again. There's DEFINITELY strategy involved. Thrawn and DT are king in this.

But don't you have a sense of accomplishment now? :smile:

If you don’t accept that as the ultimate reward in this game then you may as well go cry yourself to sleep XD
  • Has anyone beat this yet?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Has anyone beat this yet?

You're joking? Or too lazy to read?
  • CuzzoCuhnobi
    205 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I finally beat it. I dodged 3 attacks in the beginning, used thrawn special to Tarkin for offense down, got 5/6 stuns, dodged 2 more of their attacks, culling bladed Ezra then deathmarked Kanan. Shore is useless bcuz they bypass taunt so I switched him out for Tarkin. Built up the aoe. Took me playing about 7 hours off and on. Hope this team comp helps someone. Good luck lol

30724794_1743473925735727_3845808983507992576_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=cfbd99ebccc879ae3ff42fc6a9e19a47&oe=5B56C226
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    This all comes back to mods. It was very clear, very quickly that speed mattered and everything else was a minor accessory.

These mythic tiers are like this because they've designed themselves into a corner. That's why they're all the same. There's just nowhere left to go while mods remain the way they are.
  • Took a few times changing the team until the most efficient team came up.gear doesnt necessary give you the win but it can be done without everyone in 12 or 11gear tier.
  • Poxx wrote: »

I wouldn't classify a 5* tenacity square which leveled up has a secondary speed of +17 as useless...not amazing, but not useless.

Congrats:D
    Mines were both tenacity arrows. The primary stats were defense and speed, lol..
  • mt875249
    119 posts Member
    edited April 2018

Bullet number 1 is wrong. Strategy and RNG play a huge part. If the barrage takes out a toon, exit and try again. There's DEFINITELY strategy involved. Thrawn and DT are king in this.

You just proved bullet point #1! Starting over after bad RNG isn’t strategy, it’s just quiting and trying again. This is 100 percent RNG. There isn’t a single strategy that overcomes RNG in this event.
    Post edited by mt875249 on
  • Fik wrote: »
    Semi wrote: »
    But double tank is useless since they ignore taunt =\ STILL...

They don't ignore taunt.

Yes. They do.
  • They’re ignoring taunt, removing tm, and this is clearly not wai. If I was a company trying to make money, I’d communicate about something like this. Just tell us whats happening, do they not see how many responses are in this thread?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They’re ignoring taunt, removing tm, and this is clearly not wai. If I was a company trying to make money, I’d communicate about something like this. Just tell us whats happening, do they not see how many responses are in this thread?

It has been communicated about the taunt, it is only there to help break up the initial onslaught so it doesn't kill off a single toon.

Removal of TM can come from 2 different characters who have stagger. But I have not seen videos of this so I am not sure if this is the case all the time.

Both of these are explained in this thread, take a look.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    They’re ignoring taunt, removing tm, and this is clearly not wai. If I was a company trying to make money, I’d communicate about something like this. Just tell us whats happening, do they not see how many responses are in this thread?

It has been communicated about the taunt, it is only there to help break up the initial onslaught so it doesn't kill off a single toon.

Removal of TM can come from 2 different characters who have stagger. But I have not seen videos of this so I am not sure if this is the case all the time.

Stagger is well known debuff. Removing tm from zader who is immune to it on a basic from Ezra really shouldn’t be happening
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Kyno wrote: »

Stagger is well known debuff. Removing tm from zader who is immune to it on a basic from Ezra really shouldn’t be happening

Absolutely true.

Like I said I have not seen any of the evidence of anything so, it's hard to tell anything else or where the source could be.

Also well know mechanic or not, people sometimes miss interactions and little details.
  • Kyno just confirmed it and why, but here’s a money shot of them ignoring taunt:
    30724357_1743523612397425_4705921955998466048_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=a7f90972c80171389fb219c8eae5f273&oe=5B5DD6A1
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno just confirmed it and why, but here’s a money shot of them ignoring taunt:
    30724357_1743523612397425_4705921955998466048_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=a7f90972c80171389fb219c8eae5f273&oe=5B5DD6A1

Absolutely ignoring taunt on the first round of attacks has been explained as WAI. It was an added "feature" to break up the initial onslaught, since they have pre loaded TM. They didn't want them to take out a single toon right off the bat.

Absolutely ignoring taunt on the first round of attacks has been explained as WAI. It was an added "feature" to break up the initial onslaught, since they have pre loaded TM. They didn't want them to take out a single toon right off the bat.

Isn’t that the whole point of a taunt tho? Like my tarkin is squishyish so I’d rather someone other than him got hit. Otherwise I lose people who aren’t taunting, and tat is less than helpful
  • Is it fun? No. Is it worth playing? No, the rewards are garbage. Is it fair? No, it doesn't worth the time.
    Tier III is just another failure of yours.
  • lesismore
    59 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    It is beatable , and with so many saying they used g11/12 chars, it should be done. Unless squad comp is subpar, or thrawn isn't built up mebbe?

I see a lot of people claiming they beat it, but I'm not seeing any actual proof.

That's because in most cases they are forum trolls just trying to stir the masses into a frenzy....likely with minnow accounts

You can't do it doesn't mean others can't either.

mJKgcEV.png

More important, the rewards aren't worth a screenshot.
  • It is beatable , and with so many saying they used g11/12 chars, it should be done. Unless squad comp is subpar, or thrawn isn't built up mebbe?

I see a lot of people claiming they beat it, but I'm not seeing any actual proof.

mJKgcEV.png

The other guy replied you is pathetic, don't be like him even we are all pathetic in this game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Isn’t that the whole point of a taunt tho? Like my tarkin is squishyish so I’d rather someone other than him got hit. Otherwise I lose people who aren’t taunting, and tat is less than helpful

And for those without a shore, it would be crushing to lose anyone right off the bat. No one gets one shotted during the first round of attacks and then any taunting toon takes over.

The first round they all start with an invisible taunt that is cleared when damaged. It doesn't persist and it is only at the start of the mission.

They don’t just take out a single toon, they take out 2 or 3 before you even get a turn. There was a few times I only had 1 character standing by the time I got to attack, and they are all gear 11 and 12 with incredible mods. It would’ve been nice to have the taunt bcuz shore has an insane amount of protection. ***I feel like if there are added “features”, then the event should have them listed so I can actually make a strategy instead of being surprised and wondering if there is something wrong.***
  • I_WANT_YODA
    540 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    mt875249 wrote: »

You just proved bullet point #1! Starting over after bad RNG isn’t strategy, it’s just quiting and trying again. This is 100 percent RNG. There isn’t a single strategy that overcomes RNG in this event.

No, bullet number one says it's all based on rng, which is false. I said it's rng and strategy. After barrage, what's next? It's your strategy. NEVER did I say that retreating was a strategy.