Thrawn Mythic [MERGE]

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno just confirmed it and why, but here’s a money shot of them ignoring taunt:
    30724357_1743523612397425_4705921955998466048_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=a7f90972c80171389fb219c8eae5f273&oe=5B5DD6A1

Absolutely ignoring taunt on the first round of attacks has been explained as WAI. It was an added "feature" to break up the initial onslaught, since they have pre loaded TM. They didn't want them to take out a single toon right off the bat.

They don’t just take out a single toon, they take out 2 or 3 before you even get a turn. There was a few times I only had 1 character standing by the time I got to attack, and they are all gear 11 and 12 with incredible mods. It would’ve been nice to have the taunt bcuz shore has an insane amount of protection. ***I feel like if there are added “features”, then the event should have them listed so I can actually make a strategy instead of being surprised and wondering if there is something wrong.***

That's kinda odd, because I dont have incredible mods and that didn't happen to me. But here is the explanation. I agree this kind of stuff would be nice to have an explanation before hand.
    5lciRt2.jpg
  • The 3rd tier of this mythic Thrawn event is a huge slap in the face to good players. They ignore auto taunts and seemingly do more damage than my entire g12 max zetad team facing them. I've held#1 in my shard, a day 1 shard. And you're telling me 2 of my toons die before they even get a chance? Every one of them has to be faster than 270 because that's what it takes to beat my thrawn. You guys are just wrong on a multitude of levels. Your event is insulting at best.
    o7nd5kan9ezg.jpg
    Lørd' Ąngęłùs
    "Well begun is half done."
  • Lekrom1982 wrote: »

Bullet number 1 is wrong. Strategy and RNG play a huge part. If the barrage takes out a toon, exit and try again. There's DEFINITELY strategy involved. Thrawn and DT are king in this.

Well, RNG is the most important. If you have that....you still need strategy. lol Well, I've been playing since launch and that is in the running for the hardest pve content ever. Only thing that maybe was worse was the first run of the Yoda legendary(that took a couple days of trying)
    iN Spectre
  • 37 tries into it.
    o7nd5kan9ezg.jpg
    Lørd' Ąngęłùs
  • I was able to beat it with a few mods changes, it was hard but my team did it. Didn’t have any zetas well I EP zeta on leader, thrawn was my only g12 toon in this battle. It was a nice change of pace from easy to very very hard.
  • How ever I can’t get my Phoenix team with my best mods to beat tier one...lol
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Read the existing thread....
  • Shadowsforce50
    61 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    what Thread?
  • Beat it with thrawn no zeta, EP, Vader, TFP and shore. Survive the initial onslaught, fracture kanaan and save him for last. I was getting wiped out prior to trying this combo
    How many attempts?

• The event is really annoying and difficult, but is indeed intended for very late end-game players. It's fun to have difficult events like this every now an then, makes you think about potential teams with the hopes you can complete it. Of course it is not intended for everyone to complete it and therefore a lot will need to wait until it's second appearance before being able to. This was the same thing back when the BB8 Mythic even first came out. You could have a full non-zetad g11 resistance team (RJT didn't exist at the time) and not be able to complete it (g12 or zeta on Finn was almost a must for it at the time).

Compared to the recent raid rewards controversy, I do not see this event as a problem for the game. It's an extra event with few extra rewards.. you won't fall behind if you can't defeat it.
  • Thrawn, Vader, shore, tarkin, EP. took me 10 or so tries. It’s not that hard but you have to keep EP alive to get his power of the dark side off. Then rest is easy
  • Endless bad news, I wouldn't be surprised if BH rework brings worse news.
  • Got it. The NEXT try. Without losing 1 toon
    o7nd5kan9ezg.jpg
    Lørd' Ąngęłùs
  • And Thrawn is double zeta g12.
    o7nd5kan9ezg.jpg
    Lørd' Ąngęłùs
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    37 tries into it.

You should stop immediately. It’s not worth it! You will only get a trash mod with a defense primary and no speed secondaries. The rewards are a complete joke and not worth the effort. Don’t waste any more time—you will end up with nothing to show for it.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    37 tries into it.

You should stop immediately. It’s not worth it! You will only get a trash mod with a defense primary and no speed secondaries. The rewards are a complete joke and not worth the effort. Don’t waste any more time—you will end up with nothing to show for it.
    What if I need the phantom shards

• Anyone having issues!?! It's impossible.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Nosnikta wrote: »
    Anyone having issues!?! It's impossible.

Read the last eleven pages, lol. Many are having issues, but it’s not impossible.
  • Oddly enough, I got 2 trash mods. Tried 1 and ended up getting a 2200 protection secondary!. The 860k didn't hurt, and I wanted the accomplishment. 50 crystals is farming money
    o7nd5kan9ezg.jpg
    Lørd' Ąngęłùs
  • Using zThrawn, EP, Zader,Tarkin, and Shore shouldn't have taken 38 tries. 15 sure. That speed was unbelievable. Make em tougher, make em healthier, but all 5 especially Kanaan being over 270 is a joke
    o7nd5kan9ezg.jpg
    Lørd' Ąngęłùs
  • Sorry, zzThrawn
    o7nd5kan9ezg.jpg
    Lørd' Ąngęłùs
  • Xerrath
    177 posts Member
    This event was tough but 3 tries is all it too with
    G12 Thrawn zeta ebb(260)
    G12 Vader(242)
    G12 Ep(213)(96% pot)
    G12 Tarkin (220)
    G10 Snowtrooper (60% cc 216 cd)

Snow died but keep ep alive and it’s pretty simple. Kill order for me was Ezra, chopper, Sabine, Hera, Kanan, Zeb. I fractured zeb to ensure he didn’t daze my team
  • ErsinBaba111
    64 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I have just tried the Mythic event , I have seen several irregularity in the game... Do you experience the same or any issue, or is it kind of a joke ?

Issue1.
    I have tried the first mission, which was exactly the same with the thrawn event which I had spent 3 days non-stop try to unlock ( unfair) , But the problem was , on the last stage against the thrawn, I applied " back up plan " by Hera on to my Kanaan and as if nothing happened, My Kanaan died without revival. So I tried several times again, It happened and happened again...

Issue 2.
    I entered the bonus mission (last one) with Thrawn -lead, Shore , DT, EP, Vader team. let alone I lose half of my G12 empire toons, They by-passed my Shoretrooper's Taunt whole the way. again and again....(What is the taunting toon's purpose than?)

I assume , CGs set the rules , but , to make the game harder, they ignore their own rules..
    Agree?

• I have just tried the Mythic event , I have seen several irregularity in the game... Do you experience the same or any issue, or is it kind of a joke ?

Issue1.
    I have tried the first mission, which was exactly the same with the thrawn event which I had spent 3 days non-stop try to unlock ( unfair) , But the problem was , on the last stage against the thrawn, I applied " back up plan " by Hera on to my Kanaan and as if nothing happened, My Kanaan died without revival. So I tried several times again, It happened and happened again...

Issue 2.
    I entered the bonus mission (last one) with Thrawn -lead, Shore , DT, EP, Vader team. let alone I lose half of my G12 empire toons, They by-passed my Shoretrooper's Taunt whole the way. again and again....(What is the taunting toon's purpose than?)

I assume , CGs set the rules , but , to make the game harder, they ignore their own rules..
    Agree?

You're probably the only person who has a problem.
  • 1) targets defeated by terminate can't be revived

2) each of the Phoenix attack a different toon the first wave, ignoring taunt

what terminate? He was killed by basic attack of thrawn

what terminate? He was killed by basic attack of thrawn

Well it's not like you explained that in the op, I gave the most likely answer given the situation.
  • I enjoyed this event very much. Tie 1 and tier 2 were challenging but fun still. The bonus tier is very hard and meant for the big boys.
  • mt875249 wrote: »
    Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    1. It does not require good strategy if it really requires just good RNG. So why not rather change the description to "needs really good mods and really good RNG"? ;)
    2. Vader is not getting nearly as many turns as he should given his new unique. Might be bugged even if Phoenix has to start with full TM as they do.

Bullet number 1 is wrong. Strategy and RNG play a huge part. If the barrage takes out a toon, exit and try again. There's DEFINITELY strategy involved. Thrawn and DT are king in this.

You just proved bullet point #1! Starting over after bad RNG isn’t strategy, it’s just quiting and trying again. This is 100 percent RNG. There isn’t a single strategy that overcomes RNG in this event.

No, bullet number one says it's all based on rng, which is false. I said it's rng and strategy. After barrage, what's next? It's your strategy. NEVER did I say that retreating was a strategy.

You didn’t say that but you sure implied it. And RNG isn’t the just the first barage, it’s the entire battle. You don’t need a shred of strategy to beat this. 100% RNG and nothing else. Point 1 is spot on.

The worst part of this whole thing is the weak rewards for it. They give an event for the top end players but don’t reward them enough for their trouble. The achievement gives you 20 shards of ships that the top end already has oh and 50 crystals. They should keep all mythics the same reward. I know this wasn’t part of your post but it needed to be said.
  • ErsinBaba111
    64 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I have just tried the Mythic event , I have seen several irregularity in the game... Do you experience the same or any issue, or is it kind of a joke ?

Issue1.

Issue 2.

Agree?

You're probably the only person who has a problem.

Oh really? Read the other ones then...