Democratizing to Incentivize - An Alternative Story

2Next

Replies

• Dxtrinc wrote: »
    Meanwhile in the real world..... Thousand die without food or water...sorry didnt mean to interrupt you....you were saying something very important about a cellphone game.....

Hhm, then why are you playing this game instead of helping people with finding food and water?
  • Dxtrinc
    210 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Dxtrinc wrote: »
    Meanwhile in the real world..... Thousand die without food or water...sorry didnt mean to interrupt you....you were saying something very important about a cellphone game.....

Stop. We get it. It's a game and the post was in good fun. You don't have to play the "Holier than thou" card.

I regret even responding but whatever.

Is that what you call perspective?

We've leveled the water and food rewards globally, you should see even more water and food than you did before!
  • LORDKAI
    96 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    This was one of the best things I've seen today. We'll done sir, you made me laugh.

I didn't realize you had internet access let alone time and a desire to read and respond to OP while slaving away in the Peace Corp....
  • Dxtrinc
    210 posts Member
    Arcticfury wrote: »

I didn't realize you had internet access let alone time and a desire to read and respond to OP while slaving away in the Peace Corp....

You'd be surprised how much time the peace Corp gives me for lunch breaks
  • Thanks OP - best thing on here all day.
    1) What it does is gives air to many of our in game annoyances
    2) it's funny
    3) it's a story... you know... not like real life.
    4) it doesn't further conversation, of course, becuase the only discourse that matters goes on between your CC and CG's finances.
    - I'm sure the most competitive, biggest spending, players where buying less gear, and after we were told we'd get Raid Reward Improvements - it turns out corp wanted more money from gear sales - not less. Poor timing is all. But as usual it gets botched.
    And so - CG is deserving of this story.

Hey everyone, it's Report Stapler Rob!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Great read. I'd wager those that don't like it are either trolling or are in a guild unable to do heroic.
  • Dxtrinc
    210 posts Member
    Thanks OP - best thing on here all day.
    1) What it does is gives air to many of our in game annoyances
    2) it's funny
    3) it's a story... you know... not like real life.
    4) it doesn't further conversation, of course, becuase the only discourse that matters goes on between your CC and CG's finances.
    - I'm sure the most competitive, biggest spending, players where buying less gear, and after we were told we'd get Raid Reward Improvements - it turns out corp wanted more money from gear sales - not less. Poor timing is all. But as usual it gets botched.
    And so - CG is deserving of this story.

Hey everyone, it's Report Stapler Rob!

I've been found out
  • Q_Rock
    33 posts Member
    I agree!
  • Here's the problem with this post: Bossman Bob always wants to be the boss man and will do anything he can to keep Report Stapler Rob a report stapler. His view is that Rob needs to buckle down and get to work so that he can get ahead. But, if Rob doesn't have the resources to get ahead, he's always going to be a lowly report stapler. Sometimes, when Rob shows up to work, Bossman Bob has done all of Robs and everyone else's work. So, Rob turns around and goes home with his pittance of a salary. Rob thinks that if Bob's going to do everyone's work, why should Rob even show up anyway? And Bossman Bob likes it that way.

With a more equalized reward system, eventually Report Stapler Rob will have the resources to become Report Supervisor Rob, then Report Manager Rob and finally Report Bossman Rob. As he moves further up the ladder, he has more of a positive impact on the company and can help them expand to new territories. Or, Rob can split off and start his own company. Either way, he's helped the company do better overall.

At the end of the day (for this game), the more Bossmans you have in your company, the more profit your company is going to make overall. And this is coming from someone who started as a Report Stapler and has been a Bossman for quite a while now.
  • FarmerMD wrote: »
    Here's the problem with this post: Bossman Bob always wants to be the boss man and will do anything he can to keep Report Stapler Rob a report stapler. His view is that Rob needs to buckle down and get to work so that he can get ahead. But, if Rob doesn't have the resources to get ahead, he's always going to be a lowly report stapler. Sometimes, when Rob shows up to work, Bossman Bob has done all of Robs and everyone else's work. So, Rob turns around and goes home with his pittance of a salary. Rob thinks that if Bob's going to do everyone's work, why should Rob even show up anyway? And Bossman Bob likes it that way.

With a more equalized reward system, eventually Report Stapler Rob will have the resources to become Report Supervisor Rob, then Report Manager Rob and finally Report Bossman Rob. As he moves further up the ladder, he has more of a positive impact on the company and can help them expand to new territories. Or, Rob can split off and start his own company. Either way, he's helped the company do better overall.

At the end of the day (for this game), the more Bossmans you have in your company, the more profit your company is going to make overall. And this is coming from someone who started as a Report Stapler and has been a Bossman for quite a while now.

Equal effort, more or less equal benefit. TL;DR, the top ranks in an instance of Heroic Sith **are** and **have** put out the most effort. Turning it into a shameless cash grab masqueraded as social welfare is just professional spin doctoring. Don't believe the hype.

Dingo
  • LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL