First Order Storm Trooper

Dxtrinc
210 posts Member
Ok help me out quick. I'm working on empire very slowly. And I want to start working on First Order.

Is first order storm trooper good? There are a couple posts but they are older and I need help with who to invest in and I wanted to work on FOST.

Replies

• X3ina
    108 posts Member
    He is good, and working well at rotating taunts to keep your squishy tfp and officer safe
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Yes he is very good, and he has a really useful zeta as well. He should remain a solid member in any FO squad unless they release new and better FO toons with tank abilities one day.
  • ViperPete
    333 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Once you have Kylo unmasked you wont use the Storm Trooper. Kylo Unmasked acts as the tank- and a much better one than FOST.

My FO team cosists of:
    Kylo Unmasked (leader)
    Captain Phasma
    FO Tie fighter Pilot
    FO Special Forces Tie Fighter Pilot
    Kylo Ren

They are a fun team. Great speed and they hit like a freight train. In P2 of HAAT I went from a consistent 800k to 1.2m with Captain Phasma Lead- First Order Tie Fighter pilot- Kylo Ren- First Order Special Forces Tie Fighter Pilot- First Order Officer
    Then went to 2.2-2.9M P2 HAAT with Kylo Unmasked Lead- Captain Phasma, First Order Tie fighter pilot, First Order Special Forces Tie fighter Pilot (man that's a mouth full), Kylo Ren
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • Ulic_24
    106 posts Member
    ViperPete wrote: »
    Once you have Kylo unmasked you wont use the Storm Trooper. Kylo Unmasked acts as the tank- and a much better one than FOST.
    For PvE purposes maybe. For PvP I will have to completely disagree. FOST brings a second taunt, a cleanse, a buff which gives health and prot to other FO through KRU zeta, plus a fantastic zeta of his own.

Before the EP Sith meta I ran zKRU (L), zFOST, FOTP, FOO, OG Kylo. Also makes a great TW defense team with the TW bonus
  • Ulic_24 wrote: »
    For PvE purposes maybe. For PvP I will have to completely disagree. FOST brings a second taunt, a cleanse, a buff which gives health and prot to other FO through KRU zeta, plus a fantastic zeta of his own.

Before the EP Sith meta I ran zKRU (L), zFOST, FOTP, FOO, OG Kylo. Also makes a great TW defense team with the TW bonus
    I have to agree here... FOST is better than Phasma in a non-leader role in every conceivable capacity. He cleanses, he applies speed down, he applies defense up and turn meter, he taunts, and he can call allies to assist and give them advantage.

• Risz
    134 posts Member

My FO team cosists of:
    Kylo Unmasked (leader)
    Captain Phasma
    FO Tie fighter Pilot
    FO Special Forces Tie Fighter Pilot
    Kylo Ren

They are a fun team. Great speed and they hit like a freight train. In P2 of HAAT I went from a consistent 800k to 1.2m with Captain Phasma Lead- First Order Tie Fighter pilot- Kylo Ren- First Order Special Forces Tie Fighter Pilot- First Order Officer
    Then went to 2.2-2.9M P2 HAAT with Kylo Unmasked Lead- Captain Phasma, First Order Tie fighter pilot, First Order Special Forces Tie fighter Pilot (man that's a mouth full), Kylo Ren

Your team is bad, even for PvE. Captain Phasma has nothing to do in a FO team anymore since KRU lead is way better.

Then you NEED FOST in PvP, and he's useful in Raids for his assist giving advantage, counter, taunt giving defense up (which means a heal under KRU lead) and 25% Turn meter, and Speed down on auto attack.

+ You also lack FOO, no comment on that, this is just too obvious why you need him.

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    First Order Stormtrooper is good, but rather redundant now that Kylo Ren Unmasked is here, and honestly probably not worth the long farm.
    Still not a he.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Take out Phasma. She is a useful general leader that can benefit other TW teams. FOST + KRU are tough teams in Arena. I cant imagine you would run a FO team without FOO but I dont have FOSFTP.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Take out Phasma. She is a useful general leader that can benefit other TW teams. FOST + KRU are tough teams in Arena. I cant imagine you would run a FO team without FOO but I dont have FOSFTP.
    Fosftp was designed and is best used with foe. Really the only way he is better than FOO is in that squad.
  • Ulic_24
    106 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    First Order Stormtrooper is good, but rather redundant now that Kylo Ren Unmasked is here, and honestly probably not worth the long farm.

Definitely worth the farm, and it can be started early. Two tanks is not redundant, he synergizes extremely well with the rest of FO.

• Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Would be interesting tonsee the swgoh links for those that argue that FOST is redundant and that you don’t need two tanks compared to those that says that he is a valuable team member. My guess is that those that consider him unnecessary tend to be early-mid game players while end game players see him as essential for PVP.
  • Stokat wrote: »
    Would be interesting tonsee the swgoh links for those that argue that FOST is redundant and that you don’t need two tanks compared to those that says that he is a valuable team member. My guess is that those that consider him unnecessary tend to be early-mid game players while end game players see him as essential for PVP.

this
  • FOST is a extremely good FO toon, ignore those **** that believe Phasma is a better option than FOST just because they say no team needs two tanks, instead of the fact that he is a tank think about the other stuff he can do, he gives allies a long lasting defense up (4 turns is a long time) that coplsdown fast and even faster with Officer resulting in fast healing under KRU, his basic deals speed down which is really good to have and finally his amazing unique zeta, this is why he is good, with his zeta you can make your allies assist whenever FOST does anything and if FO there is no damage penalty, basic? Assist, taunt? Assist, counter? Assist, its like having Phasma as lead but better since you can utilize KRU instead, Phasma will need her abilities reworked if she will ever be a good substitution again, except maybe her leader i think its okay as it is
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    fost is a very strong character!

i gave him my second zeta after phasma. (before old kylo! - new kylo came out later)

he can clean opponents buffs. he can taunt. he can slow down enemies speed. he gives turnmeter and defense. he can clean himself.
    he has a 2/3 chance counter-attack. and with his zeta-ability, the fun can begin!

under phasma lead it‘s possible, that the fotp shoots twice, calls the fost to assist, and then the trooper calls fotp to assist...
    also wenn he counters he can call for help.

he is a good hero!

Post edited by jedibaer71 on
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »

I personnally have to disagree about the redundancy part, at least in pvp. Having a second taunt is great and can relieve some pressure from Kylo Ren unmasked. Sometimes KRU will take an early beating and will need to do a focused rage to heal some health back, but that leaves the team without a taunt, which means that your FOO and FOTP are now vulnerable. Or, KRU gets fractured by Thrawn, or stunned, or buff immuned, etc. Getting rid of one taunter is not hard, but a second one can be a pain.

I replaced my 7 star Phasma with a 5 star FOST and didn't look back. He's really worth it.
  • Anyone who says FOST is not necessary for an FO team does not know what they are talking about. He is essential to making that squad decent both in raids and PvP. The standard for arena-competitive FO squads and raid teams is KRU lead, FOST, FOO, Kylo and either FO Executioner or FO Tie Pilot. FOST’s Omega abilities are extremely useful. When he taunts, he cleanses any debuffs on himself first, meaning you can’t prevent his taunt with shock or buff immunity. This is crucial for keeping FOO and your attacker (FOE or FOTP) alive. His taunt also gives 25 percent turn meter and defense up to all allies. FO is all about getting TM rolling. He counter attacks. His basic cleanses buffs when he has advantage, which he will often because FO give each other advantage constantly. FO without FOST are easy pickings. It’s too easy to block KRU’s taunt with shock or buff immunity or fracture or any number of other abilities. The only way to keep FOST from taunting is ability block, plus an ability block on FOO lest he cleanse and give FOST 100 percent TM with Marching Orders. It makes the entire FO squad dangerous.