Guild discipline & communication options

It would be nice if officers had more options for disciplining rule breakers than just removing them from the guild. It would also help manage member behavior in general
For example:
- block individual members from participating in a raid. This could be selected when launching a raid, or maybe during the raid. It could also be based on a probationary status
- probation / warnings - it would be nice to make it clear to members when they are messing up. Chat messages and chat banners dont seem to help all the time. So marking them as on probabtion, or issue them a direct warning message, would be great.
- Private and pop-up messages for guild members - a clearer or in-your-face message to ensure members get it would be cool
- Separate page or method for letting guild members know what the guild rules are.
- Allow officers to change the guild chat banner, not just the leader. Sometimes a leader is just busy or on vacation, whatever, and officers not being able to do it can be frustrating.

Thats all I can think of for now.

Replies

• I think I remember them saying recently they are going to add the ability for officers to change the guild banner along with the new chat channels and changes they are working on.
    But other than that I would have to agree that having more options for punishing rule breakers would be nice.
  • Nice ideas. Remove from guild is in fact the only strong stool guild leaders and officers have for making rules being respected. Having some alternatives not so drastic would be great, as sometimes we have to remove members from guild because of small faults.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They will not give anyone that much "control" over someone else's actions or game play. This is why you can still ignore "prohibit" commands.
  • Kyle_K wrote: »
    It would be nice if officers had more options for disciplining rule breakers than just removing them from the guild. It would also help manage member behavior in general
    For example:
    - Private and pop-up messages for guild members - a clearer or in-your-face message to ensure members get it would be cool
    - Separate page or method for letting guild members know what the guild rules are.
    - Allow officers to change the guild chat banner, not just the leader. Sometimes a leader is just busy or on vacation, whatever, and officers not being able to do it can be frustrating.

Thats all I can think of for now.

It appears they are going to be adding these features very soon!
    - block individual members from participating in a raid. This could be selected when launching a raid, or maybe during the raid. It could also be based on a probationary status
    - probation / warnings - it would be nice to make it clear to members when they are messing up. Chat messages and chat banners dont seem to help all the time. So marking them as on probabtion, or issue them a direct warning message, would be great.
    These would be nice. Do you guys have Discord? It helps a lot!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).