First Order Viability?

Prev1
SO exactly how viable can first order be? I love them as a faction and Kylo Ren is easily my favourite character in the series but how viable are they in this game? Sadly executioner still is not f2p but i have been farming unmasked kylo and his ship because the value of the node is just so high. Would a team of unmasked(zleader), masked, phasma, officer, and pilot do alright? they already do well for me in raids and hopefully executioner will make that even better but are the viable outside of this?

Replies

• None
  • twist
    68 posts Member
    There is a guy in my shard running zkru, kylo, foo, foe, fotp and killing it!..newer shard though...no reys or cls yet but a lot of empire and ns teams
  • twist wrote: »
    There is a guy in my shard running zkru, kylo, foo, foe, fotp and killing it!..newer shard though...no reys or cls yet but a lot of empire and ns teams

ah good to hear! sadly im in a early december shard so it is dominated by godly teams lol nice to hear they can hold their own tho
  • A well geared FO team can destroy the Sith, Nightsister and Empire teams. It still struggles against Jedi Rey teams, zbariss teams though. They are fun to play.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I have read they are a hard counter to Palpatine/Vader teams. Make your FOO fastest, give old kylo marching orders and do his AOE special and then your whole team will go first and often. They can easily nuke Palp. Do they have a ability wipe for Sith or Shoretrooper pre-taunt Though? That would be only issue I would see.

Im on a december 2016 shard and stay around 80-150. KRU fo teams with both kylos and FOST are one of the few teams that can time me out.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Do they have a ability wipe for Sith or Shoretrooper pre-taunt Though?

KRU’s stun dispels buffs. FOE can dispel on his special(I run a 3* FOE so it can work). Shortrooper should be zero problem for a KRU lead FO team. I’m on a Feb 2016 shard.
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    I have a good FO squad and when I tried tjem In arena (in a nov/dec 2015 shard) they did alright on off but drop very fast on def. Great fun to use though! Replace phasma with FOST or SFTP and you got yourself a team.
  • Oneohm
    17 posts Member
    I'm on an older shard dominated by CLS and I'm usually around Arena Rank 100. All FO is at G12.0, fully zeta'd, and mostly five dot mods. My mods aren't very good as I don't really like farming them for speed secondaries. KRU, Kylo, FOO, FOTP, and FOST.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    https://swgoh.gg/u/minowara/

https://swgoh.gg/u/sturmbock/

There are plenty of others at high ranks on older shards.
  • I've got a FO question for those who use the faction regularly. How important is Phasma to the overall effectiveness of the First Order?

The reason I ask is because in a new account I started, I've been farming the FOTP right from the moment I unlocked both his hard nodes to get ahead of it (almost have him at 7* now), and KRU has been a part of my fleet/arena team for a while as well. However, I'm nowhere near ready to start farming them as a faction, so I'm asking is it worthwhile to keep using my GW currency on other toons/ships and start FOST in hard nodes, or do I need Phasma?

Which would be the better team:

Kylo Ren Unmasked (L)
    Firs Order Storm Trooper
    Kylo Ren
    First Order Officer
    First Order Tie Pilot

or

Kylo Ren Unmasked (L)
    Captain Phasma
    Kylo Ren
    First Order Officer
    First Order Tie Pilot

I'm not necessarily looking to run them in the arena, so it'll mostly be for mods, assault battles, raids, etc.
  • Phasma has no place in the team in arena, TW, and the Sith Raid. If you don't care about that, any mix will work as long as you have a KRU lead with a zeta leadership.
  • FO can beat just about anything on offense if it is geared and modded properly. They may need some RNG if facing a Palp lead with a Vader who is stacked for speed. They are not good defensively, however. The AI is just awful at prioritizing abilities and picking targets.

The most common lineup is Kylo Unmasked (KRU), Regular Kylo (Kylo), First Order Officer (FOO), First Order Stormtrooper (FOST) and either First Order Tie Pilot (FOTP) or First Order Executioner (FOE).

FO is all about turn meter. FOO has the highest speed in the faction. He should go before any enemy other than a speed-stacked Vader (once all speed bonuses are applied, Vader has slightly higher speed if mods are equal; if you have better speed on mods, he can be faster than Vader). FOO uses marching orders on either regular Kylo (who uses Lash Out) or FOST (who taunts). Either of those moves give the entire squad 25 percent turn meter, meaning they will go immediately. KRU uses stun/cleanse on tank, FOTP can one-shot a glass canon like Palp, FOST taunts, giving opponent two taunts to break through to get to FOTP and FOO (your most vulnerable characters).

From there, you should be well ahead. The team gets lots of turn meter bonuses along with Advantage. Kylo and FOTP/FOE are doing most of the damage while KRU and FOST provide crowd control. FOST basic cleanses buffs from enemy as does KRU stun and FOE special. So getting through taunts should not be a problem. KRU and Kylo get stuns. FOO gives turn meter through marching orders and removes turn meter from enemy via Pinning Shot.
  • How fast FOE has to be? And health or offense mods?
  • YKMisfit wrote: »

Which would be the better team:

Kylo Ren Unmasked (L)
    Firs Order Storm Trooper
    Kylo Ren
    First Order Officer
    First Order Tie Pilot

or

Kylo Ren Unmasked (L)
    Captain Phasma
    Kylo Ren
    First Order Officer
    First Order Tie Pilot

Phasma is useless if she is not the leader, she is too weak to keep as a support, the first lineup is the ideal FO team with the potential to switch out pilot with executioner
  • Would this team work as well?

Kylo Ren Unmasked (L)

Visas Marr

Kylo Ren

First Order Officer

First Order Tie Pilot

Visas is able to heal them if they get to lower health and rez them if they die.
  • Shapelesscrabb
    159 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Run KRU, FOO, FOST, FOTP/FOE, Thrawn to win vs most teams. Just gotta learn the strategy and you can take a lot of the RNG out of it. Switch thrawn for kylo vs nightsisters or anything with talzin. I swap fost for raid han when their vader is faster than my foo, or when im up against any palp team with sion in it.

Edit: FO may not be great on defense, but I find nothing is great on defense if you arent in contact with your arena shard. And if you are, you tend not to fall too far. Shame it works this way but its the way it is. I'm taking top 5 in a fairly competitive March 2016 shard. I often run into teams with +130-140 speed mods and I do alright.
  • FO isn't amazing in arena as they're weaker than average on D, but they are most certainly fun! And under a zeta KRU lead, they're a good choice for TW defense as you can't just throw slop at them and whittle them down. If you enjoy playing them, give them a shot! I'm probably going to start working on my FO team more here soon, too :)
  • FO isn't amazing in arena as they're weaker than average on D, but they are most certainly fun!

And they get you BB8...

Who gets you the best character in the game.

• Stokat
    823 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    FO isn't amazing in arena as they're weaker than average on D, but they are most certainly fun!

And they get you BB8...

BB8 gets you Darth Traya? ;)
  • Stokat wrote: »
    FO isn't amazing in arena as they're weaker than average on D, but they are most certainly fun!

And they get you BB8...

Had much experience using her?

Spoken with many others that have?

... ;)
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    Stokat wrote: »

And they get you BB8...

Had much experience using her?

Spoken with many others that have?

... ;)

Ha ha nooo just a (more or less) educated guess. But I do have Rey at gear 12 and while certainly good I have a feeling Traya will be something else. Sorry offtopic rambling.
  • They can definitely do top 10 in arena. But it takes really good mods for them to go before fast empire teams. Also takes a lot of hard work and dedication. Would be much easier to just go with the meta though, that's why they're not seen often at the top.
  • They can be used with success on offense in arena, but speed is very important so that you layer Kru’s debuff properly. On defense they simply do not work. Kru’s dispell/stun is the most important skill for the team and the computer just has no idea how to apply it. For that reason and a few others, they do not do well at all on defense.

With that being said, they are superb in TB, very good in HAAT for players that don’t have the characters to solo phases (they can reach 2 million damage in phase 2 with zeta Phasma or 3-4 million in phase 2 with zeta kru), and good in TW.

They’re a very fun team, and for that reason alone you should farm them. Plus, we have to assume that a FO capital ship will be coming in the near future.
  • Risz
    134 posts Member
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    They can definitely do top 10 in arena. But it takes really good mods for them to go before fast empire teams. Also takes a lot of hard work and dedication. Would be much easier to just go with the meta though, that's why they're not seen often at the top.

I'd definitely like to know with which mods you can bring them into the top 10, been playing them since April 2017 and there's nothing, imo, you can do at the moment to beat a JTR team with equal mods, Empire is something else, you can beat them if they've got a bad RNG, otherwise you loose 70% of the time
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Risz wrote: »
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    They can definitely do top 10 in arena. But it takes really good mods for them to go before fast empire teams. Also takes a lot of hard work and dedication. Would be much easier to just go with the meta though, that's why they're not seen often at the top.

I'd definitely like to know with which mods you can bring them into the top 10, been playing them since April 2017 and there's nothing, imo, you can do at the moment to beat a JTR team with equal mods, Empire is something else, you can beat them if they've got a bad RNG, otherwise you loose 70% of the time

I don't use FO, but a guild mate of mine does and he gets around rank 20 with like +80 to 90 speed on his characters. He would be higher if he had +120 speed on his characters like the enemy teams he faces. I use droids to get top 5 everyday on a march 2016 shard but it will be a similar level of difficulty to do it with FO. As for beating RJT, i think he has trouble beating those as well, but i would imagine using kylo's 2 turn stun on RJT would be key to winning.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I'm running FO since January and have been able to beat every single other meta team out there. I was running full First Order for the most part but then switched to a hybrid team of KRU, FOO, Thrawn, FOTP, Kylo

Thrawn really makes it winnable. JTR and zEP teams are easier to manage with him. I'm enjoying playing them and don't face much difficulty beating them. Against empire you need really really good speed mods on First Order Officer so that you can outspeed Darth Vader. That would be your biggest hurdle. Against JTR teams speed isn't a big issue
  • twist wrote: »

This isn't me by chance, is it? I'm literally the only dude running an fo team
    twist wrote: »

ah good to hear! sadly im in a early december shard so it is dominated by godly teams lol nice to hear they can hold their own tho

I've been running a fo team since ukr got dropped in a shard that's about two years old, and I sit between rank 100-rank 50 depending who I leave in on defense. Just waiting on that snoke/hux drop and then I'll see you suckers at the top
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    Problem is if enemy empire has zeta on Nihilus, using FOO marching orders to open (IF you're lucky enough to be faster than Vader) usually results in him cleansing his own debuff that Z Nihilus puts on him by default.

Then it's RNG if you go next
  • I’m currently in the top 50, top 20 more often than not, with a FO team in a mid december shard. I’m also able to solo Heroic Pit with them.

My team consist of: Kylo Ren unmasked, Kylo Ren, First Order Officer, First Order Executioner and First Order Stormtrooper.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    I'm trying to max out my FO squad and find them extremely fun to run in arena and GW. They completely annihilate the Nightsisters and Empire/Sith. I just recently began putting omegas on both Kylos and it just ups the fun-factor even more. A two-turn unavoidable stun plus almost continuous advantage is hugely beneficial.

Also FOST cleanses buffs when his basic is omega'd. So you can cleanse almost constantly between him and KRU.