Thrawn Mythic [MERGE]

Replies

  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    I just don’t get all the anger. Every phase of this game has had PvE elements I couldn’t beat on the first attempt. GW, assault battles, heroic raids, and on and on. The power creep has simply reached a point where proloaded TM is necessary to create a challenge. They give us two lower tiers that still have pretty dope rewards and are fairly easy to beat.

    Plus, it’s like every other video game. I didn’t beat the final boss in Zelda the first time I played. So I came back and did it over and over again until I could. No different here. I applaud CG for creating something challenging using player feedback and giving good rewards to boot.

    Yes, you heard that correctly. Mythics came to be by a suggestion in the forums. Remember that when you say they don’t listen and only care about money (they do care about revenue just not “only revenue”). This is a game mode they could have created with no decent rewards and no challenge and people would have happily played. They took it to another level that should be applauded.

    Bravo. . Simply bravo, well said sir, well said
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Akamike wrote: »
    I couldn't come close to beating it with zThrawn, zVader(full), zEP, ST g10 and a myriad of other toons. About the time I was going to throw my phone against the wall I decided I didn't give a carp anymore and moved on with my life. All I notice is EA developers seem to get their rocks off by putting nearly impossible stuff out there from time to time. Whatever, I still don't pay a dime to this game. If you can't beat it just move on.

    There was a point in time, when rancor required a guild of people with multiple teams to beat it. Now it can be done with a single toon.

    Not everyone will beat everything the first time around, its not because the developers make things "nearly impossible", its hard because this is a game of progression and things are put out to last, give goals, and have some sense of achievement when you can finally beat it.

    Kyno ....dude....no.....never bring up the sense of accomplishment thing.

    but, but, why??!?

    If you dont like feeling good when you accomplish/figure out things even in this game, then I think there may be bigger issues that need to be dealt with.

    You really should look up the most downvoted Reddit in all of history. You'll get it then :smile:

    Just because EA decided to pair it with the worst micro-transactioned game in history doesnt mean that "sense of accomplishment" isnt a thing. Its still a concept that the harder the task, the better you feel after completing it. The probelm with EA was more of timing, when they saidit wveryone was at their breaking point, and they went on reddit and it happened. I mean, didnt it feel great when you beat your first HAAT compared to LS battle 2-G

    Most donvoted post on this forum :/. Wheeeeeeee

    Dude, chill. It's a joke. It's like when someone says or reads 69, people say "nice" because of that Obama thing. I'll use another line, "Why so serious?"
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    it's a total misconception that this event is all about RNG.
    I've attempted it 7 times total with slightly different teams and cleared it (retreated with 1 left) 4 times. I'm sure teamchoice played a role those 3 times i failed. (without atleast 1 tank and all squishy attackers the chance of losing a character right of the bat was simply too high)
    Ofcourse there's always RNG involved, but if you've got the team (right characters, gear, mods the whole shebang) and strategy you absolutely don't need good RNG. The worse your team and strategy is, the more you rely on good RNG to be able to make it. Simple as that.
    no shore is also possible.
    35k5v9z.png
    Finishing close to full prot
    2va1u01.png

    G12 characters. Oh joy. Definitely make your argument stronger -_-

    It's end game content though...not everyone is supposed to beat it right out of the gate.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • I can't believe people are complaining. It's this senseless whining that makes the dev's not take legitimate complaints seriously.

    This is supposed to be extremely challenging. It says it's only for super geared and modded toons. Everything is not for everyone. This was designed for people who got thrawn a while ago, and to offer us something to do.

    My toons are g12, g11. It was challenging and took me over a dozen tries. But I appreciate something new to try and some free credits and mods. Complaining because the dev's created a new tier and rewards is ridiculous.

    Just because you can't beat something immediately doesn't make it flawed. It's a MYTHIC event, if you have MYTHIC caliber toons and mods it's a 1 shot. If you have great toons, it's a challenge, and if they are only "good" you are not going to beat it.

    Thank you for new content dev's!
  • eabevella
    11 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I actually did it after reading the tips here, so it's frustrating, but not impossible even for a not so powerful Empire team:

    zThrawn full G12
    zVader, Tarkin, Tie Fighter G12
    zEp G11

    Only Thrawn, Vader and Ep has ok/good mods, I use little to no speed secondary mods on Tarkin and Tie Figher since I only use them for fleet fight. Took me a bit more than a dozen tries to get the right RNG, everyone attacked Tie Fighter for some reason. RIP brave Tie Fighter, you were a true hero to the Empire.

    The trick is to one hit kill Ezra after the first attack wave, then one hit kill Sabine with Vader's third skill. Then Hera, Chopper, Kanan, and Zeb
  • EventineElessedil
    5493 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Taramel wrote: »
    May I suggest running tarkin for those struggling..... pheonix with offense down going a dozen times just kill themselves from EP unique while they tickle you ... did it first try. Thrawn, ep, vader, shore and tarkin

    Lol ... I brought Tarkin along first try. EP fell though and I got stuck in an endless loop, Vader Tarkin Thrawn vs. Kanan Zeb.
    QeyyIIj.png
    I charged up Tarkin using basic only for 30 straight attacks to go for knockout blow with Ultimate Firepower and got this sad result
    p5pHUHn.png
    Just back out and try again, it's doable if Palp survives
    Gz0f2Fi.png
  • I came on here expecting people to be praising CG for making a truly challenging event designed for high tier Imperial rosters but instead it’s, as usual, just people complaining... but at this point why do I even expect anything different.
  • Completed it with thrawn g12 palp g12 vader g12 tarkin g10 shore g11. Took 3 or 4 goes
  • Hoenur
    28 posts Member
    Highly rng dependent, but doable
  • leef
    13036 posts Member
    I came on here expecting people to be praising CG for making a truly challenging event designed for high tier Imperial rosters but instead it’s, as usual, just people complaining... but at this point why do I even expect anything different.

    if people aren't complaining about it being too hard, it's definately too easy for my liking. Can't really complain about something being too easy, i won't say no to free rewards, but i'm glad they threw something atleast somewhat challenging our way this time.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • ITT: Bads being bad.

    Do you guys do anything except complain?

    Some content isn't made for everyone. Yeah, it's a mobile game, but there is bound to be challenges that some can't beat.

    If you can't beat it, accept it and move on. Get better. Beat it the next time it comes around.

    Just because YOU can't beat it, doesn't mean it's not fair. There's plenty of people that can, and they aren't "mega whales".

    You "mostly f2p" people are some of the most entitled "I want it all because I spent $20 on a dark side starter pack 2 years ago" group I've ever seen.

    Yes, it's difficult. Yes, it can be beat. No, you shouldn't make a post on the forums every time a challenge comes out that you can't beat in one try.


    TL;DR: You haven't earned the ability to win yet.
  • Arrid wrote: »
    It's not Phoenix... It's terminators
    I can beat REAL heroes with REAL abilities, but not this anabolic creatures in phoenix shapes

    Vader with +110 speed + 8*5 (empire) + 8*5 (rebels) + 8*2 (sith) + 8*2 (jedi) is a shail

    6 rebels... you face the full Phoenix squad
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Tough event ... really tough! Took me probably 10 times to complete it day one and probably closer to 50 day two. Made me realize I must have gotten pretty lucky on the first go round! :smile:
    Go Pens!
  • Broxxor
    555 posts Member
    I felt it was pretty easy for a Mythic event tbh.

    Palps unique basically killed Ezra and Kanan on his own. Sabine goes down very quick too. After that, you're just mopping people up.
  • The key to beating it is Palpatines basic. On his first go use the aoe stun but then only use his basic the rest of the match because shock prevents healing and the hardest part about Phoenix is their constant health and protection regeneration. Keep them shocked and you'll be able to take them out. Don't use Vaders culling blade unless you know it will kill them otherwise you lose shock and they regen too fast.

    My team was all g12 but barely any g12 pieces complete and only double zeta palp and unique zeta thrawn. Had arena mods on all except tfp. I've heard it's easier having death trooper though as you hit with deathmark and save thrawns fracture for a deathmarked target cause it does massive amounts of damage then. I didn't have death trooper so couldn't try this myself.
    ZThrawn
    Vader
    Zzpalp
    Tfp
    Tarken

  • I beat it once, I lost a million times though. Used thrawn, vader, ep, shore and tarkin. Kept restarting until I got a turn without anyone dead. Took forever blah
  • The second day I had more trouble but
    Thrawn ep rg shore and storm, as someone mentioned pages ago worked really well.
  • kalidor
    1781 posts Member
    I guess the "Intended for G12, well modded heroes" wasn't enough for the bonus tier description. Next time we'll probably see:
    This event is very difficult. You won't believe how mind bogglingly difficult it is. You thought Heroic Sith P4 was hard? That's peanuts compared to this event.
    I expected to see a lot more complaints about T1 and its 3 waves of minions and unskippable cutscene before you get to the RNG-y last phase, frankly.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • I came on here expecting people to be praising CG for making a truly challenging event designed for high tier Imperial rosters but instead it’s, as usual, just people complaining... but at this point why do I even expect anything different.

    Seriously. People ask for hard endgame content and then when they get it they just complain that it is hard.
  • I came on here expecting people to be praising CG for making a truly challenging event designed for high tier Imperial rosters but instead it’s, as usual, just people complaining... but at this point why do I even expect anything different.

    Seriously. People ask for hard endgame content and then when they get it they just complain that it is hard.

    Only problem is - how do we know ? Maybe the people complaining never asked for difficult end game content. :twilight zone theme:
  • kalidor wrote: »
    I guess the "Intended for G12, well modded heroes" wasn't enough for the bonus tier description. Next time we'll probably see:
    This event is very difficult. You won't believe how mind bogglingly difficult it is. You thought Heroic Sith P4 was hard? That's peanuts compared to this event.
    I expected to see a lot more complaints about T1 and its 3 waves of minions and unskippable cutscene before you get to the RNG-y last phase, frankly.

    Because people knew what to expect from T1. I agree that stank more than the green milk in TLJ, but we already knew what to expect.
    As for T3 it doesn’t say G12, it says G11 with great mods. It says you need powerful characters and strategy. Well problem is that you can have powerful characters, at G12 and well modded, but without luck you won’t get to implement your strategy based on the RNG, preloaded TM and OP damage from the Phoenix.
    Idc who rips into me. I’m standing firm that if you give a squad preloaded TM, massive speed, and the synergy of Phoenix all in one, there is no reason that a TANK should be smashing into you for 25-30k damage on a critical (Kanan and Zeb). There’s no reason chopper should be smashing into you for 15-17k.
    The mythic for BB8 is the ideal scenario. It’s a challenge. You need to have a strong enough squad to outlast the initial salvo. Then implement proper strategy with exposes and debuffs to knockout the FO. That’s a challenge, fun, slightly RNG dependent, but meets what should be expected. For this one? Simply nerf the damage of the tanks and you’re good to go. That’s it.
  • leef
    13036 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Well problem is that you can have powerful characters, at G12 and well modded, but without luck you won’t get to implement your strategy based on the RNG, preloaded TM and OP damage from the Phoenix.
    this is just false, stop spreadig false information.
    The mythic for BB8 is the ideal scenario. It’s a challenge. You need to have a strong enough squad to outlast the initial salvo. Then implement proper strategy with exposes and debuffs to knockout the FO. That’s a challenge, fun, slightly RNG dependent, but meets what should be expected. For this one? Simply nerf the damage of the tanks and you’re good to go. That’s it.

    do you by any chance have a better geared/modded/zeta'd resistance team than an empire team? From my point of view the events were pretty much the same.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Well problem is that you can have powerful characters, at G12 and well modded, but without luck you won’t get to implement your strategy based on the RNG, preloaded TM and OP damage from the Phoenix.
    this is just false, stop spreadig false information.
    The mythic for BB8 is the ideal scenario. It’s a challenge. You need to have a strong enough squad to outlast the initial salvo. Then implement proper strategy with exposes and debuffs to knockout the FO. That’s a challenge, fun, slightly RNG dependent, but meets what should be expected. For this one? Simply nerf the damage of the tanks and you’re good to go. That’s it.

    do you by any chance have a better geared/modded/zeta'd resistance team than an empire team? From my point of view the events were pretty much the same.

    What about what I said is false? I’ve seen tons of people on here say that they needed luck (ergo good RNG) to not lose key characters. Plenty of them have g12 toons that are well modded.

    And of course my resistance team is better geared and equipped. They have more value in aspects of the game. But did FOST crit for 25-30k in the mythic event? Did FOO? Plasma? No, they had a massive attack salvo with chains that you could survive. Maaaaaybe you’d get really unlucky and lose Poe but if you implemented your exposes properly and stunned kylo you were in the clear.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Well problem is that you can have powerful characters, at G12 and well modded, but without luck you won’t get to implement your strategy based on the RNG, preloaded TM and OP damage from the Phoenix.
    this is just false, stop spreadig false information.
    The mythic for BB8 is the ideal scenario. It’s a challenge. You need to have a strong enough squad to outlast the initial salvo. Then implement proper strategy with exposes and debuffs to knockout the FO. That’s a challenge, fun, slightly RNG dependent, but meets what should be expected. For this one? Simply nerf the damage of the tanks and you’re good to go. That’s it.

    do you by any chance have a better geared/modded/zeta'd resistance team than an empire team? From my point of view the events were pretty much the same.

    What about what I said is false? I’ve seen tons of people on here say that they needed luck (ergo good RNG) to not lose key characters. Plenty of them have g12 toons that are well modded.

    And of course my resistance team is better geared and equipped. They have more value in aspects of the game. But did FOST crit for 25-30k in the mythic event? Did FOO? Plasma? No, they had a massive attack salvo with chains that you could survive. Maaaaaybe you’d get really unlucky and lose Poe but if you implemented your exposes properly and stunned kylo you were in the clear.

    Translation: I beat BB8 Mythic, but not the Thrawn Mythic.

    What happens in Arena when you battle a team more powerful than yours? If the AI disarms the right character you have no chance of winning.

    The same is applicable to this event. If you have EP's unique zeta'd he has a higher probability to survive the opening salvo. If your toons are G11, excellent mods, and get a little bit of luck then you might beat this event. If your team is G12 (with all gear pieces filled), great mods, and the right zetas, you won't need any luck. The event was accurately described.

    "Plenty of them have g12 toons that are well modded."

    No one has posted proof of this. Nor have you.

    I get that I'm never going to change your opinion of this event. I just hope that the devs have heard the voices of those of us that really enjoyed this event and don't nerf it to appease.
  • leef
    13036 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Well problem is that you can have powerful characters, at G12 and well modded, but without luck you won’t get to implement your strategy based on the RNG, preloaded TM and OP damage from the Phoenix.
    this is just false, stop spreadig false information.
    The mythic for BB8 is the ideal scenario. It’s a challenge. You need to have a strong enough squad to outlast the initial salvo. Then implement proper strategy with exposes and debuffs to knockout the FO. That’s a challenge, fun, slightly RNG dependent, but meets what should be expected. For this one? Simply nerf the damage of the tanks and you’re good to go. That’s it.

    do you by any chance have a better geared/modded/zeta'd resistance team than an empire team? From my point of view the events were pretty much the same.

    What about what I said is false? I’ve seen tons of people on here say that they needed luck (ergo good RNG) to not lose key characters. Plenty of them have g12 toons that are well modded.
    those players apparantly overestimate their mods/team/strategy/teamchoice, because if those are up to snuff you don't need good RNG to win.

    And of course my resistance team is better geared and equipped. They have more value in aspects of the game. But did FOST crit for 25-30k in the mythic event? Did FOO? Plasma? No, they had a massive attack salvo with chains that you could survive. Maaaaaybe you’d get really unlucky and lose Poe but if you implemented your exposes properly and stunned kylo you were in the clear.

    Right, so with the right team geared and modded up, using proper strategy, you'll easily win. Ofcourse you can't rule out RNG completely so it is possible to lose a important team member in the opening salvo. It just seemed easier because your team was better.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Well problem is that you can have powerful characters, at G12 and well modded, but without luck you won’t get to implement your strategy based on the RNG, preloaded TM and OP damage from the Phoenix.
    this is just false, stop spreadig false information.
    The mythic for BB8 is the ideal scenario. It’s a challenge. You need to have a strong enough squad to outlast the initial salvo. Then implement proper strategy with exposes and debuffs to knockout the FO. That’s a challenge, fun, slightly RNG dependent, but meets what should be expected. For this one? Simply nerf the damage of the tanks and you’re good to go. That’s it.

    do you by any chance have a better geared/modded/zeta'd resistance team than an empire team? From my point of view the events were pretty much the same.

    What about what I said is false? I’ve seen tons of people on here say that they needed luck (ergo good RNG) to not lose key characters. Plenty of them have g12 toons that are well modded.

    And of course my resistance team is better geared and equipped. They have more value in aspects of the game. But did FOST crit for 25-30k in the mythic event? Did FOO? Plasma? No, they had a massive attack salvo with chains that you could survive. Maaaaaybe you’d get really unlucky and lose Poe but if you implemented your exposes properly and stunned kylo you were in the clear.

    Translation: I beat BB8 Mythic, but not the Thrawn Mythic.

    What happens in Arena when you battle a team more powerful than yours? If the AI disarms the right character you have no chance of winning.

    The same is applicable to this event. If you have EP's unique zeta'd he has a higher probability to survive the opening salvo. If your toons are G11, excellent mods, and get a little bit of luck then you might beat this event. If your team is G12 (with all gear pieces filled), great mods, and the right zetas, you won't need any luck. The event was accurately described.

    "Plenty of them have g12 toons that are well modded."

    No one has posted proof of this. Nor have you.

    I get that I'm never going to change your opinion of this event. I just hope that the devs have heard the voices of those of us that really enjoyed this event and don't nerf it to appease.

    Sorry to burst your bubble but I did beat it. The only tier I didn’t bother with was T1 because my Phoenix aren’t geared that high because of the need of so many cuffs and carbantis.
    But no I beat it after trying probably 50+ times each day to get lucky RNG where palp was able to survive. After that if my shocks or stuns stuck I was good to go because I could take out Sabine and Ezra. But it was heavily dependent on if my EP didn’t get destroyed by op Phoenix (as far as damage goes). So may want to work on your translation. You also may want to go through the thread and read people that have posted their teams, shown how good their empire squads are and still needed RNG to win. So please do some research before posting. At least Leef is making coherent arguments.
  • leef wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Well problem is that you can have powerful characters, at G12 and well modded, but without luck you won’t get to implement your strategy based on the RNG, preloaded TM and OP damage from the Phoenix.
    this is just false, stop spreadig false information.
    The mythic for BB8 is the ideal scenario. It’s a challenge. You need to have a strong enough squad to outlast the initial salvo. Then implement proper strategy with exposes and debuffs to knockout the FO. That’s a challenge, fun, slightly RNG dependent, but meets what should be expected. For this one? Simply nerf the damage of the tanks and you’re good to go. That’s it.

    do you by any chance have a better geared/modded/zeta'd resistance team than an empire team? From my point of view the events were pretty much the same.

    What about what I said is false? I’ve seen tons of people on here say that they needed luck (ergo good RNG) to not lose key characters. Plenty of them have g12 toons that are well modded.
    those players apparantly overestimate their mods/team/strategy/teamchoice, because if those are up to snuff you don't need good RNG to win.

    And of course my resistance team is better geared and equipped. They have more value in aspects of the game. But did FOST crit for 25-30k in the mythic event? Did FOO? Plasma? No, they had a massive attack salvo with chains that you could survive. Maaaaaybe you’d get really unlucky and lose Poe but if you implemented your exposes properly and stunned kylo you were in the clear.

    Right, so with the right team geared and modded up, using proper strategy, you'll easily win. Ofcourse you can't rule out RNG completely so it is possible to lose a important team member in the opening salvo. It just seemed easier because your team was better.

    We are almost there (not being condescending but talking about us getting to the mid point agreement like usual) but still you are ignoring the overpowering damage of tanks. Do you honestly think that Kanan and Zeb should be hitting for 25-30k on their attacks? That’s my point. BB8’s mythic and even all the other mythic events were tuned perfectly for a challenge. And no those weren’t 1 try wins for me.
    Each of those had opening salvos that needed to be withstood. Regardless of who got banged up really badly I had a chance to implement my strategies. If I made a wrong move or a debuff or crit didn’t land I lost, but knew where to restart and fix my methods.
    Phoenix should be tuned the same way. With all 6 Phoenix and their unique synergies, preloaded TM and souped up speed, there was no reason to over tune their damage. Sabine and Ezra should have been the heavy hitters. Hera applying the TM gain, assist, and revival buff with some intermediate damage. But where they were way off is the damage tuning of Zeb and Kanan. If you agree with that, then we’ve met in the middle like always lol.
  • Dk_rek
    3180 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    ITT: Bads being bad.

    Do you guys do anything except complain?

    Some content isn't made for everyone. Yeah, it's a mobile game, but there is bound to be challenges that some can't beat.

    If you can't beat it, accept it and move on. Get better. Beat it the next time it comes around.

    Just because YOU can't beat it, doesn't mean it's not fair. There's plenty of people that can, and they aren't "mega whales".

    You "mostly f2p" people are some of the most entitled "I want it all because I spent $20 on a dark side starter pack 2 years ago" group I've ever seen.

    Yes, it's difficult. Yes, it can be beat. No, you shouldn't make a post on the forums every time a challenge comes out that you can't beat in one try.

    TL;DR: You haven't earned the ability to win yet.

    Already 50 complain about the complainer posts in these 16 pages... was hoping yours would stand out...be mythic unlike the 40 complain about the complainers before you.... but nahh

    we get it dude..people are whining for no reason...so are you. Dev's could care less what's posted ITT because it's obviously WAI they have more pressing things to fix besides something they know is working....

    It's basically them whining, you whining about them whining, me whining about everyoe whineing and someone wiill now post about a whiner posting about people whining about whiners and so forth....

    It's a horrible horribly slipplery slope of endless whining....DUCY ??

    EDIT : Just saw this
    TL;DR: You haven't earned the ability to win yet

    Air a little thin from some of those "high" horses ppl be ridin on :) They can't beat it they are venting...I can understand their frustration...but Freudians would says something about rubbing your boot in their faces :)

  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    It is ridiculously unbalanced but it is beatable, Thrawn Leadership is good, use Stortrooper, Shore, Deathtrooper and Krennic
Sign In or Register to comment.