3 Jedi to bind them all and make the Jedi Awesome, Part 1- ROTJ Luke

So a quick search on these forums or reddit will show how often a Jedi rework is asked for, and I hope it comes sometime this year. Most useful factions seem to have a theme:
Resistance - Expose, First Order - Advantage, Empire - Debuffs, Nightsisters - Revive, etc...

I think the most fitting theme for Jedi would be buffs, including unique non-removable buffs (like Hermit Yoda's Master's Training). They kind of already have this theme. With that in mind I'd like to suggest 3 character kits that would bring Jedi into the mix as a viable team but wouldn't overthrow the meta. Ideally it would add one more faction to the rock-paper-scissor back and forth that is healthy for a game. As these are already going to be pretty lengthy posts, I'll split the 3 suggested kits into 3 posts. ROTJ Luke, Jedi Revan, and Jedi Rey. With these additions, Jedi would be viable even without a rework, considering that Hermit Yoda, and General Kenobi are already great.

I'll start off with the leadership ability so the rest of the abilities makes sense: On ROTJ Luke:

Leader: "Jedi allies gain 15% turn meter whenever they gain a buff and gain 10% offense and 10% defense for each type of buff they have. ZETA: Jedi allies gain defense up at the beginning of each encounter"

ROTJ Luke: Tank, Jedi, Rebel

*Basic: Deal physical damage to target enemy and grant a random Jedi ally all non-unique buffs currently present on ROTJ Luke (other than taunt) for 2 turns.

*Special 1: Remove all buffs from all enemies and then grant ROTJ Luke and target ally any buffs removed this way for 2 turns, then call that ally to assist dealing x% less damage (x would be 0 with the ability omega'd).

*Special 2: ROTJ Luke recovers 10% health and 10% protection, grants all allies protection heal over time (like heal over time but for protection), and grants target jedi ally "Force Connection" unique buff until another ally gains the buff or the end of the battle. Force Connection: whenever a jedi ally uses a special ability this character is called to assist. Can't be dispelled or prevented.

*Unique 1: ROTJ Luke gains taunt for 1 turn at the beginning of each encounter and whenever a buff on an ally expires. Jedi allies gain 15% tenacity. ZETA: ROTJ Luke gains tenacity up for 2 turns whenever he gains taunt.

*Unique 2: All jedi allies gain 3% turn meter, 3% offense (stacking) and 3% protection whenever ROTJ Luke resists an effect.

Notes: So the idea is that his leader ability will grant all allies 15% turn meter at the beginning of each encounter and make gaining buffs extremely powerful for Jedi. His two uniques allow him to trade off taunting with General Kenobi while also performing a similar function to stromtrooper Han. I know it is powerful, but I don't think it is OP. if you compare this to CLS or Darth Traya I think it is similar. But I'd love to get your thoughts. Darth Traya's 50% offense reduction per buff would certainly hurt this team. My goal wasn't to make Jedi unstoppable, just competitive. Also, I think the Force Connection buff is thematic and would be a lot of fun.

So let me know what you think. I'll post my Jedi Revan's theoretical kit tomorrow.

Replies

• I think it is good, but could maybe be a little better because he seems to only buff a little bit, but he should be able to greatly increase stats and buff pumping. I like his specials though.
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • Thanks for the input. Other leader ideas I had were to grsbt a Jedi a unique buff whenever they take damage, or grant increased tenacity for each buff in all allies making it possible to get into the 250 range with tenacity which might actually make it useful
  • Hoggle414
    62 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Whats the obsession with Rey. She isn't that good in the movies. She would already be dead if chewbacca hadn't hit kylo with his bowcaster. Everytime a big Jedi thing gets brought up. Its the same thing,
    1.Return of the jedi luke
    2. Revan
    3. Rey

How about we replace her with

1. Jaina, Jacen or Anakin Solo
    2. Nomi Sunrider
    Post edited by Hoggle414 on
  • P.S. chewy is female
  • Hoggle414 wrote: »
    Whats the obsession with Rey. She isn't that good in the movies. She would already be dead if chewbacca hadn't hit kylo with his bowcaster. Everytime a big Jedi thing gets brought up. Its the same thing,
    1.Return of the jedi luke
    2. Revan
    3. Rey

How about we replace her with

1. Jaina, Jacen or Anakin Solo
    2. Nomi Sunrider

I’d be fine with any new Jedi, and I’d love for them to have similar kits. I just picked those ones because they are the most likely to be added some time in the future
  • Rey should have died at least twice already in the movies, which is quite interesting that she is still alive.
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • Good effort!

It seems like you're proposing jedi would be paper to Traya's scissors - pretty much constant offence down and the force connection toon losing a lot of health. It's also countered by EP teams with the amount of shock and buff immunity available.

Was the tenacity up with the unique 1 supposed to be a buff (and hence countered by shock/buff immunity) or more like Tarkin's potency gain with his basic?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Good effort!

It seems like you're proposing jedi would be paper to Traya's scissors - pretty much constant offence down and the force connection toon losing a lot of health. It's also countered by EP teams with the amount of shock and buff immunity available.

Was the tenacity up with the unique 1 supposed to be a buff (and hence countered by shock/buff immunity) or more like Tarkin's potency gain with his basic?

All good points, the force connection toon would definitely lose a lot of life, however I don’t think the offense down would be as bad. Since Jedi would get +10% offense for each buff on all allies. For example they start of with 2 buffs. So 5 toons, 2 buffs, 10% per buff means +100% offense. Receiving the two buffs would also lower their offense by 100% from Traya, so a net 0.

The tenacity was meant to be a stat increase, +100% tenacity for two buffs on all ought to do something right? But yeah, maybe it could be tweaked. I thought granting all allies tenacity up at the beginning of each match might be OP but maybe not. The point is kind of mute since this won’t actually appear in game, but I do think something like this could work.
  • Good effort!

All good points, the force connection toon would definitely lose a lot of life, however I don’t think the offense down would be as bad. Since Jedi would get +10% offense for each buff on all allies. For example they start of with 2 buffs. So 5 toons, 2 buffs, 10% per buff means +100% offense. Receiving the two buffs would also lower their offense by 100% from Traya, so a net 0.

The tenacity was meant to be a stat increase, +100% tenacity for two buffs on all ought to do something right? But yeah, maybe it could be tweaked. I thought granting all allies tenacity up at the beginning of each match might be OP but maybe not. The point is kind of mute since this won’t actually appear in game, but I do think something like this could work.

Ah sorry, I was referring to a later edit I made to fix this exact problem, but I just realized I never updated the original post: the leader ability should read:

“Jedi allies gain 15% turn meter whenever they gain a buff and gain 10% offense and 10% tenacity for each buff on all allies. Zeta: jedi allies gain defense up and evasion up for 2 turns at the start of each encounter.
  • That makes perfect sense, I was thinking you'd need more of a boost to offence and tenacity to really make it viable. Had the same thought as you that tenacity up at the beginning seems OP.

On a side note, it's interesting that these abilities read as so powerful and yet only just counter out Traya's. Hello, power creep.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299