Why does Visa Mars not have more tags?

Gorem
1190 posts Member
Been wondering this for awhile, Visa Mars missing a Jedi/sith tag so she's missing out on many leader bonuses. I mean she supports more then Grand Moff Tarkin with her constant debuff removal and of course uses the force and wields a lightsaber, you'd think she'd have more tags then just a lightside "healer".

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    The people that bought her removed the tags even though the tags said doing so was punishable under penalty of law.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The beat answer we have currently is that tags are a gauge of how a character would identify themselves in the point and time they are representing.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    So by that logic, Visa mars doesn't see herself as either a Jedi or Sith? lol

Should be its own tag that, like when you go 100% neutral in the game.

Totally hoping for a special tag for KOTR heroes myself, and also a super Revan character.
  • She wasn't really a Jedi or a sith in the game so it makes sense. Hopefully they'll introduce a force wielder tag in the future
  • If you would know her story and played kotor 2 then you’d understand she’s not really either of them.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    I have, and I know, its just that it feels like she needs more tags then one. Didn't realise it was due to this, and now I do.
  • Maybe the faction of Gray Jedi will come and include: Revan, Visas Marr, Jolee Bindo, Ahsoka Tano, etc.
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • She MUST BE A JEDI
  • She wasn't really a Jedi or a sith in the game so it makes sense. Hopefully they'll introduce a force wielder tag in the future

She is, Play KOTOR 2, she is a Jedi Sentinel
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    ElleMadara wrote: »
    She wasn't really a Jedi or a sith in the game so it makes sense. Hopefully they'll introduce a force wielder tag in the future

See, I knew I was remember it right! In game she is actually counted as a Jedi!

Cause it would also help with all these Jedi required missions.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    That was her mechanical class, but just like in Saga edition, which KOTOR was based on, the character sheet is not always 100% indicative of real life. It's just a modeling tool.

The Jedi and the Sith were two specific religious orders at the time.

Visas was, at the time she was in your party, a member of neither. Therefore, no Jedi tag, and no Sith tag. And you can go line by line through every tag in the game if you want, but none of them fit Visas, other than a role.
    Still not a he.
  • ElleMadara wrote: »
    She wasn't really a Jedi or a sith in the game so it makes sense. Hopefully they'll introduce a force wielder tag in the future

Traya was a Jedi sentinel too. That's pretty much just a class they gave to people with force abilities
  • Gorem wrote: »
    So by that logic, Visa mars doesn't see herself as either a Jedi or Sith? lol

Should be its own tag that, like when you go 100% neutral in the game.

Totally hoping for a special tag for KOTR heroes myself, and also a super Revan character.

I read this and got to thinking "Hmm.. Might be neat to have a 'lone wolf' faction..." then I realized how silly that is, by very definition.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Since she is neither a Jedi or Sith, I think it's obvious. She's a druid.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

r7hrpgejgtu8.png
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

She’s an Ugnaught! Poor guy has been alone with his light side tag for so long. They should def have a synergy!
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Space druid was actually a Force tradition in legends.
    Still not a he.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    That was her mechanical class, but just like in Saga edition, which KOTOR was based on, the character sheet is not always 100% indicative of real life. It's just a modeling tool.

The Jedi and the Sith were two specific religious orders at the time.

Visas was, at the time she was in your party, a member of neither. Therefore, no Jedi tag, and no Sith tag. And you can go line by line through every tag in the game if you want, but none of them fit Visas, other than a role.

You mean just like sith trooper... who is tagged sith? O.o
  • ElleMadara wrote: »

Traya was a Jedi sentinel too. That's pretty much just a class they gave to people with force abilities

You don't have any idea of what are you talking about, you clearly never played KOTOR 2 before, Kreia is a Jedi Consular, and Visas is a Jedi Sentinel, there is a LOT of evidence behind this, give me some time, and l will create a thread to finish this nonsense.
  • Tuftedpaper85
    1811 posts Member
    edited April 2018

You don't have any idea of what are you talking about, you clearly never played KOTOR 2 before, Kreia is a Jedi Consular, and Visas is a Jedi Sentinel, there is a LOT of evidence behind this, give me some time, and l will create a thread to finish this nonsense.

Neither of them were Jedi, those were just tags they gave them in game
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Simmer down, folks.

No need for the heated language.
    Still not a he.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Whether its cannon in the game or not (its cannon in the game in her stat menu that she is infact a Jedi)

This game itself is a non-cannon game right? I mean, Rei's a 330 "legendary" character in this game whereas in reality she's a complete newbie with no training from a time with no true jedi masters of old (such as Yoda or Ben) Actual real Jedi masters should technically be better then both the "legendary" heroes, just glad at least General Kenobi, who should technically be the best Jedi of all time is as strong as he is.

By not having tags besides "Healer" Visa Can't help get Grand Master Yoda, She can't help in the mod battles, she misses out on many many leader bonuses. It makes her the odd one out that doesn't really fit into any team in this game if you like having your team get leader bonuses. She's much weaker then she could be, compared to say Sion, released at the same time, and he himself is gamechanging in his own right, and he is of course, labled as a Sith.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    *Canon
    *Rey
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Whether its cannon in the game or not (its cannon in the game in her stat menu that she is infact a Jedi)
    That's not how tabletop roleplaying games work.

That's just a character class.

Hell, both Revan and the Outcast, despite clearly and explicitly not being part of the Jedi order, choose between and level up in Jedi Consular, Jedi Guardian, or Jedi Sentinel. Those are just the names the game uses for the Force user classes.

A lot of characters join your party who are former Jedi or Sith, but are not a part of either order at the time they're a part of your crew.

Characters in SWGOH are, with the exception of R2, snapshots. It's why Fulcrum, neither Luke, Vader, and Rey are not Jedi, why Anakin is not Sith, why Palpatine and Tarkin are not Galactic Republic.
    Still not a he.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    And why chewie is not a rebel
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    And why chewie is not a rebel
    Oh, I just kinda stopped. Otherwise, that could go on for a long, long time.

It's why K-2SO, Cody, Wedge and Sabine aren't Empire.

It's why Ezra and Asajj aren't a Bounty Hunter or Scoundrel.

It's why Admiral Ackbar isn't Resistance. (Or, I believe, Galactic Republic.)

It's why Veteran Han and Amilyn Holdo aren't Rebels.

It's why Obi-Wan isn't Galactic Republic and General Kenobi isn't a Rebel.

It's why Count Dooku isn't Jedi or Galactic Republic. (Why most of the Separatists aren't Galactic Republic, really.)

It's why Visas isn't Galactic Republic.

It's why Rex isn't a Rebel or Phoenix.

It's why Finn isn't First Order.

It's why Kylo isn't Jedi.

And I'm sure someone could come up with a few more nuggets of trivia if they really wanted to.
    Still not a he.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I think you missed what I was going for. Good enthusiasm though.