Suggestion to make GW awesomely Fun!!!

Obi_six_Kenobi
369 posts Member
edited April 2018
GW has become just another chore. To remedy that I suggest revamping it or making the following new game mode:

You start by selecting your starting team and then face off against wave after wave of increasingly difficult pre built random enemy teams. This continues until you lose a match and then you get rewards based on how many waves you survived. In between each tier you can only sub out 2 characters or any characters that died. The enemy teams will keep getting additional buffs making it impossible for anyone to never lose.

In order to avoid repetitiveness, once you’ve completed the same number of waves multiple times you can SIM the rewards for that tier and start from there.

I think this would breathe some new life into that aspect of the game. It would be both challenging and fun for both newer players and veterans.

What do you think?

Replies

• darthjeary
    170 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Not bad. Here is another I heard discussed on a podcast.

Have specific goals for each node or the overall GW and your rewards are different based on those goals.

Examples:
    Bounty on Han Solo. Defeat any Han using Boba Fett.
    Defeat Count Dooku using Asajj.
    Defeat a team using only 1 toon.

Can be very specific or pretty broad and faction oriented. But show us the potential rewards ahead of time and we can auto it with CLS or go out of our way to use specific toons we previously would not have because the rewards are worth it.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    I love all the suggestions. What I most want, in the realistic short-term, is to choose how many nodes I SIM. I would SIM 10 and do the last 2 everyday, if I could. At present, it is too much of a time sink to manually do the first 10 to get to a challenge.
  • Why not just sim them rapidly or use them to test out something and sim the rest?
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    No thanks. Manually doing 12 sims everyday repeatedly is too much work already. Besides, CG don't give a flying kitten anymore about GW and neither does anyone that can sim it. If they do fix it it won't happen until 2022 or more realistically never at the rate they do things.
  • No thanks. Manually doing 12 sims everyday repeatedly is too much work already. Besides, CG don't give a flying kitten anymore about GW and neither does anyone that can sim it. If they do fix it it won't happen until 2022 or more realistically never at the rate they do things.

Prison Mike!

The game lacks a fun PVE that isn’t connected to your guild. So my suggestion wasn’t so much to remake GW, but to make a new PVE mode that would be fun

• Gcdevil
    153 posts Member
    How abiut hell No, galactic war was an annoying chore that they just recently fixed by letting us SIM it
  • Gcdevil wrote: »
    How abiut hell No, galactic war was an annoying chore that they just recently fixed by letting us SIM it

If you read what I wrote you’d see I actually suggested still making it SIM-able. Just a lot more fun if you actually want to do it
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Gcdevil wrote: »

Yep. I mean it would be nice if they could have made it worth the time, but anyone who has been around a couple yrs or so has seen it go from decent to ridiculously hard to super easy. With all the other parts of the game that take so much time, it's best that it's basically gone with the sim option. Only part I hate is having to remember the right day to reset but not complete.
  • GW has become just another chore.

Respectfully- if it's become a chore for you then you might want to try playing, and thinking about it, differently :smile:

• This is a totally rad idea! How about you hit that little button tagged “multi sim”. Boredom solved. Now go farm Bossk.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Gcdevil wrote: »

They "fixed" GW? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    GW used to be the most enjoyable game mode in the game, then they nerfed it. Atleast it's simable now.
    I do like the suggestion of making all the nodes be sim-able individually, with a slider like with LS/DS/cantina nodes. The last 2 nodes are kinda fun for teams i'm in the process of building.
    As for the pre-formed waves suggested by the OP, it could be fun, but i doubt it will be for the majority of players. too easy, or too difficult, impossible to tune for everyone's liking.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    One of the ideas behind GW is that it is self maintaining and evolving because it uses player built teams. The change you propose changes the whole game mode to something else, so it's "a lot of work" for little benefits as people will just go back to simming it anyway.

I have been asking for that leef, I would still like to take on some of the "harder nodes" without having to walk through all the low level stuff. I used to love GW.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Sounds like majority of the posts missed that GW still would be simmable.

My idea or the one I heard would be to keep sims an option but rewards the players with something more than the sim version if they do decide to play through it.
  • Obi_six_Kenobi
    369 posts Member
    edited April 2018

Kyno wrote: »
    One of the ideas behind GW is that it is self maintaining and evolving because it uses player built teams. The change you propose changes the whole game mode to something else, so it's "a lot of work" for little benefits as people will just go back to simming it anyway.

I have been asking for that leef, I would still like to take on some of the "harder nodes" without having to walk through all the low level stuff. I used to love GW.

How about keeping the current player built teams, but with each successive wave they gain additional buffs. +50% offense, + 100% offense, + 75% speed, etc. the team composition could remain player built like in GW, but with the addition of better and better buffs would soon get to insane levels of difficulty, or maybe even ludicrous levels:)

And again, it would remain simmamble to the level you have completed before. But you have the option of trying to pass the next wave of you want
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    One of the ideas behind GW is that it is self maintaining and evolving because it uses player built teams.

It does? I thought they were random teams.

If you're right, there are players that have a whole lot of explaining to do.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    One of the ideas behind GW is that it is self maintaining and evolving because it uses player built teams.

Haha! I agree with you here TVF. But yeahThe Chewbacca lead, Darth Vader, poggle, CUP, and Ugnaught team that I once faced in GW made me laugh
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Better than the R2 lead I saw in this last TW. :p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

Yep, player based teams selected by a % power system on each node.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

How about keeping the current player built teams, but with each successive wave they gain additional buffs. +50% offense, + 100% offense, + 75% speed, etc. the team composition could remain player built like in GW, but with the addition of better and better buffs would soon get to insane levels of difficulty, or maybe even ludicrous levels:)

And again, it would remain simmamble to the level you have completed before. But you have the option of trying to pass the next wave of you want

This is similar to what GW was, not bonuses but teams picked by a % team power of your own, some lower some higher.

It would be "easier" for them to leave it simmible and just go back to the old power structure before they did the whole locked in at level 85 thing. I loved actually losing a team every so often.
  • Great ideas, but they sound like new game modes. I dont want them to change GW. GW was boring and sometimes hard as hell, then I developed resistance team, and GW became too easy and even more boring. Now it is simmable - that's great! It is a good payout for all the patience.

But again, ideas described in original and second posts are beautifull, actually they are too good to be true like a flourishing chrysanthemum in necropolis. But I hope that one day we will see game modes of such level of fun and diversity in this game.
    The balance? Never heard of that.
  • xtended2l wrote: »
    Great ideas, but they sound like new game modes. I dont want them to change GW. GW was boring and sometimes hard as hell, then I developed resistance team, and GW became too easy and even more boring. Now it is simmable - that's great! It is a good payout for all the patience.

But again, ideas described in original and second posts are beautifull, actually they are too good to be true like a flourishing chrysanthemum in necropolis. But I hope that one day we will see game modes of such level of fun and diversity in this game.

Your making me blush:) but yeah, I definitely agree this should just be a new game mode. I’d love to see something like this added to the game eventually