Sith Raid Reward Rollback - 4/17/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    C3hyp77 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    it's a bit like: let's make the divide wider, isn't it,

As per my post above, since you presumably started the game in the last year, I can almost guarantee you that you will not be facing Traya in your arena battles anytime soon. And by soon, I mean within in the next year.

I started the game one year ago , and i will be facing traya in my shard in a couple of months .

The only way that's even going to be possible is if the very small people you are referring to are big spenders. And if they are, that is precisely the advantage they paid for. And you do, of course realize that unless they sit at 1 all day (which has almost never happened on any arena shard ever in 2 and half years) you can actually fight all of the other people around them.

But please, post pics and roster links in a few months when Traya does show up on your shard. And many of us who have to face her before you will help you put together a team to beat her.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Acrofales wrote: »
    Why would anybody complain about this? Suddenly I have compassion for the devs. Extend this olive branch and people still aren't happy. The rewards were nerfed accross all tiers. This restores the drops back to what they were like we asked. Who cares about challenge gear, let it stack up. Give a little positive feedback. Lack of recognition is why people disengage from thier jobs. Good job Carrie, takes a big person to admit when they were wrong.

People complained that the rewards for T1-T6 were utter *kitten*.

CG promised they were pushing an improvement to gear for everybody, and a general flattening of gear across different ranks. Everybody rejoiced.

"Improvement" was pushed and it was a big nerf to absolutely everybody's gear from all tiers.

Skip ahead a week: CG promises to roll back the changes...

And now you are surprised people are complaining about the rewards from T1-T6 raid? The entire problem that created this saga was NOT SOLVED. Rewards for T1-T6 are still completely pathetic. It's not about the challenge gear (well, only partially). It's about getting better rewards from a hRancor kill for T6 Traya (at the same rank). hRancor takes 15 minutes on auto. T6 Traya takes 3+ days of 5 attacks a day on manual.

And yeah, nerfing (and now restoring) heroic rewards in the whole process here was just beyond < starts with st ends with upid... and is censored because the same intern who made the raid rewards made their censor tool >.

CG managed to shoot themselves in the foot. Then say they'd bandage it, but instead shot themselves in the other foot too. It's mindbogglingly inept.

Yup this actually sums up the angst in the entire saga. But hey! The lower tiers still mosty get 2 free g12 pieces if they're lvl85. Seems like everyone missed that out.
  • urtil wrote: »
    Hawkeye wrote: »
    Oh awesome the lower tiers go back to the same less than stellar rewards. Oh well. I liked the change for the lower tiers. There was an incentive to do this raid. This rollback is great for those who do heroic, but back to the dumping grounds for the rest of us. The lower tiers are not worth the effort for what we got at the beginning. Disappointing for those guilds not able to do the heroic tier.

This!

What you guys at CG do is so embarassing. Even though you realise that the old reward structure negatively distorts the game you cave in and go for a full rollback of to the detriment of anyone not being able to do a heroic level Sith Raid which is the vast majority of players and also to the detriment of the game as such as you stated before.

The main problems with the Sith raid are that it is no fun to play, that you did not really think it through properly from the start (immediate need to nerf one of the most prominent team in the arena, giving out too high rewards for heroic and too **** for everything else, introducing challenge gear even in a new raid when everyone wants it removed from the old ones,...) and that you communicated your changes poorly by trying to sell as an improvement for everyone what should be a much needed adjustment in balance of rewards between the tiers.

After the uproar you now go the easy road of a full rollback instead of working by adjusting your changes in a way to make this game better.

Well, at least you are consistent in making the worst possible choices for courses of action. Way to go!

Maybe they need to do the full rollback so that they can take the time to properly adjust the rewards
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Whatever happened to fine tuning in a positive way? You could literally buff ugnaught in the absolutely slightest and least relevant way and I would be happy to hear it isn't a nerf right now.

How about some positive change that doesn't have to do with revamps, or marquee?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I have no idea how to feel about this.

I'd like to be happy for you HSTR people, but the fact remains that you will be soon getting access to new G12 pieces that no one else will have access to, so that makes me a little less sympathetic to your plight. Not to mention that it's pretty clear the amount of full gear pieces you were getting was too high. With that said they nerfed it too far, so...dunno what to think.

For me (T4), I'm a little disappointed in this. The gear rollback is nice, but honestly I think I prefer the better currency.

And with all that said, I'm still completely in the dark about how this will all go once they change it again.

So to sum up...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • C3hyp77
    162 posts Member
    it's a bit like: let's make the divide wider, isn't it,

As per my post above, since you presumably started the game in the last year, I can almost guarantee you that you will not be facing Traya in your arena battles anytime soon. And by soon, I mean within in the next year.

I started the game one year ago , and i will be facing traya in my shard in a couple of months .

The only way that's even going to be possible is if the very small people you are referring to are big spenders. And if they are, that is precisely the advantage they paid for. And you do, of course realize that unless they sit at 1 all day (which has almost never happened on any arena shard ever in 2 and half years) you can actually fight all of the other people around them.

But please, post pics and roster links in a few months when Traya does show up on your shard. And many of us who have to face her before you will help you put together a team to beat her.

Those who are getting Traya in my shard are f2p , but maybe they are in some guild where these is some whales of course .
    Now to get back to this topic , giving back the great rewards for heroic and let the bad rewards for all the others tiers is really a mistakes from CG ( but maybe i didn't understand )
    We are doing the T5 in my guild , and with the rewards we get since the nerf , well , now we are going on the t4 .... Doing 2 t4 , is better than doing 1 t5 , for rewards and tokens .
  • WarGuy101 wrote: »
    "Level 85 and above"?

Nobody said "and above"
    That's how ugly rumors get started.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    WarGuy101 wrote: »
    "Level 85 and above"?

Nobody said "and above"
    That's how ugly rumors get started.

Um...Carrie said it. Then she fixed it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I have no idea how to feel about this.

I'd like to be happy for you HSTR people, but the fact remains that you will be soon getting access to new G12 pieces that no one else will have access to, so that makes me a little less sympathetic to your plight. Not to mention that it's pretty clear the amount of full gear pieces you were getting was too high. With that said they nerfed it too far, so...dunno what to think.

For me (T4), I'm a little disappointed in this. The gear rollback is nice, but honestly I think I prefer the better currency.

And with all that said, I'm still completely in the dark about how this will all go once they change it again.

So to sum up...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Funny thing is, as someone doing heroic, I honestly feel somewhat similarly. While I appreciate the rollback now, I also know that the implementation of the nerf will happen soon enough. Since I have no idea how easy or difficult the "exclusive" g12 pieces 5 & 6 will be to obtain, nor how much of a difference they will actually make, I honestly have no idea what to think long term.

Honestly, my bigger frustration/concern with all of this was how it happened. Specifically, why did they roll out the "too good" heroic raid rewards initially? (i.e. did they not QA it enough? did they underestimate guilds?) Then why did they tell us they were "improving" them, when they actually nerfed them? Regardless as to what happened, the issue is and has always been how it was handled.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Sounds great for Herioc
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I really don’t understand why it’s that hard to remove the challenge gear while keeping the other gear......things that make you go hhhmmmmmm....

Yeah that's the point, its not. Just a fast track escape by CG.
  • Unfortunately, until all tier rewards are improved, the lower tiers will suffer from lack of interest and participation. It's a drag and drain and the rewards don't compensate enough for any tier other than maybe heroic. For the time invested and the ridiculous mechanics the rewards are painfully woeful. Raids are supposed to be in tiers. And tier rewards prepare you for the next tier. But considering that it has been stated repeatedly that Hpit and HAAT are better rewards than the SR... That is the foundation for failure. Especially considering the ridiculous requirements of time, energy, and restarts needed... It isn't worth it. Then toss in how they've handled it... It is no surprise in the community response.
  • So in short, they are going to back to how the rewards were before the update? Original numbers and such?...which is rough for lower tiers.
    Am i understanding this correctly?
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Revi wrote: »
    Sounds great for Herioc
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I really don’t understand why it’s that hard to remove the challenge gear while keeping the other gear......things that make you go hhhmmmmmm....

Yeah that's the point, its not. Just a fast track escape by CG.

Depends on how the algorithm used to develop the rewards payout was engineered. You sound like many an Operations Manager I've seen telling internal Development, "how hard could it be?"

It could be plenty hard. It could be trivial. From how Carrie phrased it, I can almost envision how they built the rewards payout originally, so I'm leaning toward the former.
  • C3hyp77
    162 posts Member
    Conclusion : heroic will have better rewards with exclusive gear 12 for the new slots and of course Traya , and on the other side all the players who are on t1 to 6 will get bad rewards ... Well , i wonder how guilds will explosed and how many players will stop ....
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Conclusion : heroic will have better rewards with exclusive gear 12 for the new slots and of course Traya , and on the other side all the players who are on t1 to 6 will get bad rewards ... Well , i wonder how guilds will explosed and how many players will stop ....

How would you structure the rewards payout by tier, specifically?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Not true. They said they will reevaluate the rewards structure when the new pieces are slated for release, so at that time they will make changes to balance out all rewards again.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    So in short, they are going to back to how the rewards were before the update? Original numbers and such?...which is rough for lower tiers.
    Am i understanding this correctly?

Temporarily yes. They will still be evaluating how to balance the rewards next month. Also, the new rewards were a mistake for T4-6 too. There were no shortage of complaints from non-HSTR players during the change.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    The complaints from lower tiers came from the fact that we were getting something like 7 salvage for AAT quality gear, which was still better than getting challenge gear. The complaints were that it was still awful, but now due to the communism, it was now awful for everyone. Before it was just awful for most people. But, with the loot, they also take the meager amounts of currency. So we are all worse off, if you calculate the values.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Vohbo wrote: »
    The complaints were that it was still awful, but now due to the communism, it was now awful for everyone.

No, that's not true. The complaints were due to the change in gear the box dropped. It had nothing to do with the fact that everyone got the same box.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    One is the consequence of the other in this case, both are part of the same change. You would have to total it all up for the entire guild before and after to make a proper comparison.
  • C3hyp77
    162 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Not true. They said they will reevaluate the rewards structure when the new pieces are slated for release, so at that time they will make changes to balance out all rewards again.

" at that time " , does it mean soon ...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

" at that time " , does it mean soon ...

They said in May.
  • This makes 0 sense. Everyone in my guild absolutely detests this raid, but at least the bump in rewards for t4 and up made it useful to play. I finish top 3 all the time in any raid my guild does and could care less that they were flat, I have ppl in my guild who r far behind where i am and want them to progress. How are we ever gonna run heroic otherwise? Now its going back to the crappy rewards they were on a terrible raid, i gotta say, why should we even bother running the **** thing until we can do heroic now any way. Way to go in listening to the cry babies. So happy u made another terrible decision. At this point id rather see the whole raid removed and could care less if those who have traya already kept her. Complete and utter waste.
  • Gavsta
    201 posts Member
    Good job @CGCarrie... glad u guys are grafting to make it work.
    I appreciate the attempts to balance and the updates you are giving. Things ain't always gonna be perfect and work as intended... I appreciate that.. and appreciate you guys and gals are working hard to make the game better.
  • Are we kidding here? Raid rewards **** so you promised a fix. Your "fix" somehow managed to make rewards even worse. Now you're just going back to how it was, sucky and not worth the effort. And people are happy??

All you have to do is remove challenge gear from rewards. That's it. I mean come on.
  • No offense to those doing lower tiers, but let's get real for a second. If you have a sub 1M GP account or even a 1.5-2M GP account and you're complaining about not being able to do heroic, take heart, it's not about the GP like TB's are.

If you are focused, and have the requisite squads needed to do significant damage in HSR, then it can be cleared. Case in point, a 116M GP guild with very focused rosters and excellent participation completed heroic in my alt alliance a couple days ago. (For horrible rewards, but that horse has been beat to death and change is imminent).

Beyond that, you need full participation from your entire guild. HSR is easier by far than T6, just like it was with AAT and Rancor. Nobody's stopping you from having this kit geared and leveled up. Making it a priority for solid rewards is a choice you can either make or not, but hearing how early game players are bent about it, is kind of humorous because it's *meant* to be a significant accomplishment, requiring significant effort, G12 gearing, and arena level mods.

I fully expect to see a guild soon in the 100M GP range able to complete it, but really it requires coordination and effort from all. It's not a 48-49 people post zero damage and collect rewards they didn't contribute to raid, like the other two older ones are. If your guild isn't able to get there, and you are missing out, then it's time to start looking for a group that can and wants to.
  • kmilky
    79 posts Member
    Thanks @CG_Carrie for the constant communication. As you mentioned, you rolled out part of a change w/o the accompanying change (in the guild store). When we see your full plan for reward updates it may very well be something we can get behind as a community, but for now it was very deflating. I'm so glad you and your team made this call. Thanks again!
  • TLDR; Quick question. If a guild has T4 in progress when the rollback goes live, will they receive the previously "better" rewards or the "Rollback" rewards?
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    No offense to those doing lower tiers, but let's get real for a second. If you have a sub 1M GP account or even a 1.5-2M GP account and you're complaining about not being able to do heroic, take heart, it's not about the GP like TB's are.

If you are focused, and have the requisite squads needed to do significant damage in HSR, then it can be cleared. Case in point, a 116M GP guild with very focused rosters and excellent participation completed heroic in my alt alliance a couple days ago. (For horrible rewards, but that horse has been beat to death and change is imminent).

Beyond that, you need full participation from your entire guild. HSR is easier by far than T6, just like it was with AAT and Rancor. Nobody's stopping you from having this kit geared and leveled up. Making it a priority for solid rewards is a choice you can either make or not, but hearing how early game players are bent about it, is kind of humorous because it's *meant* to be a significant accomplishment, requiring significant effort, G12 gearing, and arena level mods.

I fully expect to see a guild soon in the 100M GP range able to complete it, but really it requires coordination and effort from all. It's not a 48-49 people post zero damage and collect rewards they didn't contribute to raid, like the other two older ones are. If your guild isn't able to get there, and you are missing out, then it's time to start looking for a group that can and wants to.

First you say it's not about GP, to people of 1-2 M GP (which is definitely mid-tier, these people are likely doing T4 or T5), following by stating that the lowest guild doing Heroic has an average GP of 2.2 M. It most definitely IS about GP, and that GP needs to be locked into the correct teams if you want to get the raid down.

Second part: Heroic Sith raid is NOT easier than T6, it's faster if you meet all the requirements. The reason why T6 is easier is quite obvious, that you can take as much time as needed.

Third part: Players (like me) that are complaining here, are NOT complaining about not being able to do T7, or even that T7 deserves good rewards, only that the rewards for OUR tier are being nerfed in a panic move just to appease Heroic players.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    No offense to those doing lower tiers, but let's get real for a second. If you have a sub 1M GP account or even a 1.5-2M GP account and you're complaining about not being able to do heroic, take heart, it's not about the GP like TB's are.

Oh hai irrelevant post.