Sith Raid Reward Rollback - 4/17/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• Because it's for people at level 85 and youre not
  • Because your not lvl 85

Still do Sith raid. Still “affected” by the “bad” choices by dev. I’m no different than lvl 85 people in my guild. Heck, I do more damage than some 85s. The lvl is not a good marker.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Deadheat wrote: »
    I’m seriously 5 days away from 85. Why???????

If you completed a heroic SIth Raid you will get your gift as stated
    Last week I promised 2-4 pieces of full gear by means of a makegood within the two week window to anyone who completed the Heroic Tier. However, given that we have expedited the fix and are doing it in one week instead, and that there were people in other Tiers affected by the change, we are going to give an even 2 pieces of full gear to everyone who is level 85. Note: Some sub-85 people who completed the Heroic Tier will be granted these rewards through a server fix in a week, it’s just a technical limitation that we can’t provide it at the same time.

• My guess is because you can't g12 prior to 85. Sucks, because my alt is a couple days away as well.
  • I don’t care about their reasoning, because it’s bad reasoning. If they had good reasoning then they wouldn’t need this. They even state “other tiers affected by the change” and then they say “lvl 85” it’s not the same thing. Give it to every guild who did tier 4 and up, this would make sense.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm actually down to my last 800 gold ball slavage so a full gold ball is pretty handy at the moment.

Down to 800?

That's 16 full pieces...

Wrong, you need 60 gold ball salvage - the ones you gain from the STR Challenge - to make a full piece. Currently I can produce 13.

Whereas I have 2000+ medpac and data pad salvage.

Unless you got different rewards, you're thinking of the wrong gold ball. I got a Mk 8 BioTech Implant, which requires 50 salvage and is not challenge gear.

You know, I think you thrive in throwing red herrings about.

1 Mk 8 Biotech Implant = 60 x Mk 8 Biotech salvage + 50 x Mk 8 Biotech components

I'm running short on the Biotech salvages which are in fact challenge gear.

Well how many Biotech prototypes do you have?
    Having 800 salvage means nothing if you don't have the prototypes to go with them. 1 can't be used with out the other.
    You get ~50 salvage a week from challenge alone.
    You get prototypes if you are lucky and they drop in raid or show in guild shop or shard shop.

So unless a player is buying prototypes in shipments for crystals or have the greatest rng you will tend to have more salvage then you can use, which is why the players asked for it to be removed.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to munch through that Biotech salvage. I obtain the components whenever they appear in the guild and shard shops. Also, 25 salvage for 375 crystals is a reasonably good trade off from shipments, so I normally get 1 or 2 of those per week. I probably get 50-80 components per week from shops.

However, 2,000 crytals to buy a full Biotech piece is madness.

• Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Here is a good compromise when you roll out the reward changes in May. Flatten the rewards with a gear box that's the same as those available from before today's patch for people who rank 20 or lower in a raid. For people who rank 20 or higher give them imrpoved gear boxes like you do in the current reward system. Also reintroduce the increase in currency that was in place before today's patch. And finally remove the challenge gear. This will give everyone increased rewards in the sith raid. It will motivate the top people to rank as high as they can, while motivating the bottom 30 increase their damage while giving them the rewards that helps them do that. This would obviously be a total increase in rewards for all parties involved, but that's what we honestly need. You cant just make rewards better for a portion of the population in an alliance and the total game economy while decreasing them for others. We need a total reward increase espessially in tiers 6 on down. Fact of the matter is this is a very unfun piece of content and we need the insentive to do it.
  • “Last week I promised 2-4 pieces of full gear by means of a makegood within the two week window to anyone who completed the Heroic Tier. However, given that we have expedited the fix and are doing it in one week instead, and that there were people in other Tiers affected by the change, we are going to give an even 2 pieces of full gear to everyone who is level 85. Note: Some sub-85 people who completed the Heroic Tier will be granted these rewards through a server fix in a week, it’s just a technical limitation that we can’t provide it at the same time.”

I believe this should apply to all guilds and their members who have done tier 4 and up. There is no difference between a sub-85 in a guild who can and cannot do heroic. The line drawn between those who gets the gear is arbitrary at best and outright insulting at worst. As a lvl 84 in a guild who do tier 4s as often as possible, I should be eligible for those gear pieces. I do as much, if not more damage than my lvl 85 co-members. Lvl 85 is not a good line to draw in this instance.
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Thanks for fixing my loot box! @CG_Carrie

Will we get a heads up when the box is changed again?
  • Are you seriously trying to make a case for why you "deserve" a handout? The freebie was intended for people doing heroic sith. They already radically overdistributed it. If you're not at least 85, there's no way you are meaningfully contributing to heroic sith.
  • Dude you made 2 post about the same thing its not a big deal
  • They rolled back the premature reward structure, that was highly requested, and gave us nice make good gifts yet people still complain. It's beyond me.

For those under 85, read Carrie's announcement again.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • So Sith Raid is back to being boring plus terrible rewards... :s
  • His other post was complaining that he even got some gear in the first place, that got deleted quite quick.
  • Are you seriously trying to make a case for why you "deserve" a handout? The freebie was intended for people doing heroic sith. They already radically overdistributed it. If you're not at least 85, there's no way you are meaningfully contributing to heroic sith.

Again, the line was not drawn at “meaningful contribution to heroic sith” it for lvl 85 and sub-85 who are lucky enough to be in a guild who can carry them. Not even that, but they cut it down from heroic to “other raid tiers”.
  • AΣΣ
    21 posts Member
    So why did we revert to the original reward tier, now tier 4-5 rewards are not worth the struggle of doing the sith raid for a 60m plus team, And we get “I’m sorry for making things harder have these 2 gears pieces.” So since we are getting screwed over how about reduction on the guild currency to fire off raids, heroic pit 50k and haat to 70k. Seems fair.

• Dude you made 2 post about the same thing its not a big deal

This time with less salt. And shouldn’t be deleted this time. And it is a big deal cause I’m just as affected by this as my co-members. But because they’re at 85 they get an advantage.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Congrats to the .01 % of players who benefit from this.

By losing GET the people maxxing t4/t5 who over time could have earned enough currency to unlock the GET characters that "will probably be needed for Jedi Luke" have to go back to "do I get shards or Jedi Luke" so again Gratz .01% you get free G12 so you will obviously have the unlock characters for Jedi Luke and you get Traya... This may sound like a Jealous Rant but I'm concerned over the Power Gap that just keeps getting bigger and bigger

I wonder if you whales will keep spending once the gap is so wide between you and everyone else there really won't be any reason to spend anymore...other than 'lookie what I got" cause people who can beat you will be in your shard chat and everyone else could not possibly beat you.. Are you really going to keep whaling when there is no reason too ???? If your not spending there's no game and I won't have any CG nonsense to read about in the forum...

If you fully plan to keep whaling even where there is no one left in the universe who can possibly challenge you...then please do so and enjoy

• Did you complain about not getting a Zeta during the anniversary gift being sub85? Did that really set you back?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    scuba wrote: »
    I'm actually down to my last 800 gold ball slavage so a full gold ball is pretty handy at the moment.

Down to 800?

That's 16 full pieces...

Wrong, you need 60 gold ball salvage - the ones you gain from the STR Challenge - to make a full piece. Currently I can produce 13.

Whereas I have 2000+ medpac and data pad salvage.

Unless you got different rewards, you're thinking of the wrong gold ball. I got a Mk 8 BioTech Implant, which requires 50 salvage and is not challenge gear.

You know, I think you thrive in throwing red herrings about.

1 Mk 8 Biotech Implant = 60 x Mk 8 Biotech salvage + 50 x Mk 8 Biotech components

I'm running short on the Biotech salvages which are in fact challenge gear.

Well how many Biotech prototypes do you have?
    Having 800 salvage means nothing if you don't have the prototypes to go with them. 1 can't be used with out the other.
    You get ~50 salvage a week from challenge alone.
    You get prototypes if you are lucky and they drop in raid or show in guild shop or shard shop.

So unless a player is buying prototypes in shipments for crystals or have the greatest rng you will tend to have more salvage then you can use, which is why the players asked for it to be removed.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to munch through that Biotech salvage. I obtain the components whenever they appear in the guild and shard shops. Also, 25 salvage for 375 crystals is a reasonably good trade off from shipments, so I normally get 1 or 2 of those per week. I probably get 50-80 components per week from shops.

However, 2,000 crytals to buy a full Biotech piece is madness.

50-80 prototypes a week is a long ways away eating up your stash of salvage. My estimate of ~50 a week was a low ball number.

I personally have 560 salvage and 120 prototypes. So only 120 of the salvage is usable at this point and the salvage will just grow. I have never come close to dropping below 200 salvage once I got it up there even when I was spending some money.

But hey maybe you are the 0.0000000000000001% (made up stat but probably close) of players in all of swgoh that like getting challenge gear in raids. I would prefer drops to be something i am not going to run out of.
    I am happy with the full gear because it saved me 50 prototypes not because it saved me 60 salvage.
  • Here’s a simple fix for this. Next time through, take out the majority of challenge gear. Keep the mk3 carbs, mk6 syringes and mk4 laptops. That’s literally the biggest thing.
    To scale the rewards? Cut the full piece drop rate to 40% as intended with the update. But on the flip side keep the salvage worthwhile. Drop a salvage of much needed gear between mk5 guns, mk3 cuffs, and mk3 carbs. For heroic let’s say 10-20 depending on the rank tier. The next salvage let it drop 10-20 of a group of much needed gear from HAAT between mk3 Bactin, mk4 holo’s and mk6 thermals. Again the amount depending on the rank tier. The next salvage group being 10-20 of the golden tier salvage of mk8 eyeballs, mk9 datapads, and the gold medpacs. The next you drop a group of g12 gear (purple or gold). 5-15 salvage. Finally for heroic you drop the new G12 gold gear. How they want to tune that is up to the devs. This is a main example for heroic.
    Then scale the rewards based on the tiers. Scale the gear and salvage amount based on tiers as you go back. Make the time and effort worthwhile. How does this sound? @Kyno @CG_Carrie @Nikoms565 @scuba (Nikom and scuba, I tagged you guys because you are some of the most prominent posters on the forums.)
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Here’s a simple fix for this. Next time through, take out the majority of challenge gear. Keep the mk3 carbs, mk6 syringes and mk4 laptops. That’s literally the biggest thing.
    To scale the rewards? Cut the full piece drop rate to 40% as intended with the update. But on the flip side keep the salvage worthwhile. Drop a salvage of much needed gear between mk5 guns, mk3 cuffs, and mk3 carbs. For heroic let’s say 10-20 depending on the rank tier. The next salvage let it drop 10-20 of a group of much needed gear from HAAT between mk3 Bactin, mk4 holo’s and mk6 thermals. Again the amount depending on the rank tier. The next salvage group being 10-20 of the golden tier salvage of mk8 eyeballs, mk9 datapads, and the gold medpacs. The next you drop a group of g12 gear (purple or gold). 5-15 salvage. Finally for heroic you drop the new G12 gold gear. How they want to tune that is up to the devs. This is a main example for heroic.
    Then scale the rewards based on the tiers. Scale the gear and salvage amount based on tiers as you go back. Make the time and effort worthwhile. How does this sound? Kyno CG_Carrie Nikoms565 scuba (Nikom and scuba, I tagged you guys because you are some of the most prominent posters on the forums.)

You lost me at keeping with keeping any challenge gear but MK3 carbs.
  • LORDKAI wrote: »
    You have got to be kidding me. Why even bother striving to get better at this raid with no incentive for personal gain. That is why players play in the first place. Now there is no reason for advancement. This is only beneficial to the elite whales who can benefit from being the top 1%

+1 I feel like the update finally did 2 things 1) made lower tiers worth the effort of spending the better part of a week on them 2)started enlightening heroic guilds as to the deep, deep balance flaws of the new raid that the majority of the player base has been complaining about that make it not worth running when you don't get gear worth 5k-10k in crystals each run.

I didnt honestly have a great deal of sympathy for heroic guilds since really all that happened was their rewards being brought in line with what non heroic guilds were already getting relative to their effort. I think it says a lot about how poorly designed the raid is that the consensus among the elite guilds is that when they aren't getting a 100% drop on a full g12 gear each raid the time investment isn't worth it.

I also gotta hand it to the devs, it's a special talent to release updates that result in 100% of the community to hate the newest content.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Congrats to the .01 % of players who benefit from this.

By losing GET the people maxxing t4/t5 who over time could have earned enough currency to unlock the GET characters that "will probably be needed for Jedi Luke" have to go back to "do I get shards or Jedi Luke" so again Gratz .01% you get free G12 so you will obviously have the unlock characters for Jedi Luke and you get Traya... This may sound like a Jealous Rant but I'm concerned over the Power Gap that just keeps getting bigger and bigger

I wonder if you whales will keep spending once the gap is so wide between you and everyone else there really won't be any reason to spend anymore...other than 'lookie what I got" cause people who can beat you will be in your shard chat and everyone else could not possibly beat you.. Are you really going to keep whaling when there is no reason too ???? If your not spending there's no game and I won't have any CG nonsense to read about in the forum...

If you fully plan to keep whaling even where there is no one left in the universe who can possibly challenge you...then please do so and enjoy

.01%.... that's funny. There's a LARGE number of people that got the freebie today.

People who have been around 3 or even 2 years are participating in HST as FtP. You don't have to be a whale to be competitive in this game, you just have to farm smartly. CG has done a good job balancing.

Sure, whales get the latest and greatest as they should, which is how this game is still going strong, but smart FtP catch up. Aside from TW, which those BIG guilds fight one another in, most of this game organically limits you by how many toons are in a battle at one time.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • scuba wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Here’s a simple fix for this. Next time through, take out the majority of challenge gear. Keep the mk3 carbs, mk6 syringes and mk4 laptops. That’s literally the biggest thing.
    Then scale the rewards based on the tiers. Scale the gear and salvage amount based on tiers as you go back. Make the time and effort worthwhile. How does this sound? Kyno CG_Carrie Nikoms565 scuba (Nikom and scuba, I tagged you guys because you are some of the most prominent posters on the forums.)

You lost me at keeping with keeping any challenge gear but MK3 carbs.

You wouldn’t want the syringes and mk4 laptops included in the lower tiers of the raid?
  • Fizix
    127 posts Member
    CG_Carrie wrote:
    This change will take effect after tomorrow’s Content Update, which will be signified as complete by a in-game server restart message. The patch notes will also be posted to the EA Forums shortly before the update goes live. To ensure you get the new rewards, do not close out Phase 4 until that restart has occurred.
    This was misleading. I assumed this meant we would see the update come today...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Fizix wrote: »
    CG_Carrie wrote:
    This change will take effect after tomorrow’s Content Update, which will be signified as complete by a in-game server restart message. The patch notes will also be posted to the EA Forums shortly before the update goes live. To ensure you get the new rewards, do not close out Phase 4 until that restart has occurred.

@Fizix we did see the update today.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/166923/content-update-hf-4-18-18#latest
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    I mean, I'm trying to figure out if Tusken Shaman would work well under zader...how is that not fun?!?!?

And I'm actually working on Pao. PAO!

It actually is nice to find a use for obsure toons that didn't have one before. There really was a decent amount of forethought into that aspect of this raid.
  • Fizix
    127 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    CG_Carrie wrote:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/166923/content-update-hf-4-18-18#latest

I must be missing something then. Where are the patch notes Carrie spoke of? I don't see any new content in the game yet. I expected to see the content mentioned here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/165361/the-road-ahead-april-5-2018 . Did she only mean the rollback? I'm sorta lost here.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    CG_Carrie wrote:

I must be missing something then. Where are the patch notes Carrie spoke of? I don't see any new content in the game yet. I expected to see the content mentioned here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/165361/the-road-ahead-april-5-2018 . Did she only mean the rollback? I'm sorta lost here.

Yes what was pushed out today was just the rollback. The post i linked you was the update for today.

The Road ahead post is a roadmap of the next few months, not something that will come out all at once.