Sith Raid Reward Rollback - 4/17/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Little off topic but i keep seeing it stated these changes only hurt/benefited elite guilds. There is currently over 200 guilds completing the Heroic Sith Raid (I am sure it is more but leadboard only goes to 200), I am not sure how many active guilds but 200+ doesn't sound very elite to me.

Assuming only 500k active players, those 200 guilds would only represent ~2% of the population. What's your definition of elite? 0.5%? 0.000000001%?

Isn't the generally accepted 'whale' population around 2%?

Except those 200+ guilds completing heroic is not all "whales" or "whale" guilds. I would venture to guess the majority of those 200+ guilds are mixed guilds.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Little off topic but i keep seeing it stated these changes only hurt/benefited elite guilds. There is currently over 200 guilds completing the Heroic Sith Raid (I am sure it is more but leadboard only goes to 200), I am not sure how many active guilds but 200+ doesn't sound very elite to me.

Assuming only 500k active players, those 200 guilds would only represent ~2% of the population. What's your definition of elite? 0.5%? 0.000000001%?

Isn't the generally accepted 'whale' population around 2%?

Except those 200+ guilds completing heroic is not all "whales" or "whale" guilds. I would venture to guess the majority of those 200+ guilds are mixed guilds.

Agreed.

That poster is also under lvl 85 so that correlates to either less active, or not that seasoned. At the end of the day, someone who plays the game often and played it longer is going to be valued more by the publishers and developers.

My only words to him are best said by Gene Wilder.

https://youtu.be/M5QGkOGZubQ

• Time to appreciate your concern and positive fix about the rewards issue.
    Thank you @CG_Carrie for listening to us and rolling it back until the complete new structure is ready to implement.
    Cheers !
  • 5_B363_C20_D8_A1_4_F25_A065_F1_D3_D125_D6_B8.png[/url]

Even with the roll back, rewards are still hot garbage.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Well yeah, raid gear is always RNG-dependent. Dunno what you expected.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    5_B363_C20_D8_A1_4_F25_A065_F1_D3_D125_D6_B8.png[/url]

^ that is not acceptable as a raid reward for a top 5 finish in STR. Why? The amount of G12 salvage is waaaaay to low. Secondly there’s no reason for the challenge gear. Period. The only two good drops were the mk8 binocular prototypes and the full mk7 furnace.

Here’s how to fix the raid drops, starting with heroic.
    First things first. Leave the shards and currency as is. They drop a fair amount.

Secondly, the gear. This is an endgame raid that requires endgame toons, massive time commitment and massive patience. It’s a time sink. As such, our efforts should properly be rewarded. The type of gear we should receive should be something players truly need. The amount we receive of that gear should be proportionately fair as well.
    Starting from the top 3, the first group of gear to drop should be RNG between mk3 cuffs, mk3 carbantis, and mk5 guns. The amount of salvage should be 20 for this tier. The next group between mk4 holo’s, mk3 bactagel and mk6 thermals. Again, 20 salvage.
    The next group of gear should drop 10 salvage of any purple G12 gear. Then 8 of any current g12 gold gear salvage. Finally, for heroic it should be 8 salvage of the new g12 gear. All this combined with the 40% chance of a full g12 piece.

For each ranking tier drop, the amount of salvage should be tuned proportionately. As you go lower in the tier played for the raid you adjust the rewards accordingly. But T6 and 5 should certainly still contain the group for mk3 cuffs, guns and carbs.

Any thoughts?
  • TVF wrote: »

I expect there to be no challenge gear and proper salvage amounts. That’s what anyone should expect and deserve
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    The rollback is exactly what was promised. They rolled the rewards back to the original rewards. More changes are coming later.

I still don't know what you expected.
  • TVF wrote: »
    The rollback is exactly what was promised. They rolled the rewards back to the original rewards. More changes are coming later.

I still don't know what you expected.

See this is why it’s so aggravating trying to talk to you. Nobody said the rollback isn’t what was promised. What I said was that even with the return to the 100% drop rate, the rewards are STILL awful. So pre and post nerf, the rewards are awful. Meaning that something needs to be totally redone to make this worthwhile. And of course one of the mods decided to merge my threat on this post so you can read my idea on how. Take time to read and use some comprehension skills because clearly you don’t do that too often.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Sheesh, sorry?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Please stay on topic.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

^ that is not acceptable as a raid reward for a top 5 finish in STR. Why? The amount of G12 salvage is waaaaay to low. Secondly there’s no reason for the challenge gear. Period. The only two good drops were the mk8 binocular prototypes and the full mk7 furnace.

First things first. Leave the shards and currency as is. They drop a fair amount.

Secondly, the gear. This is an endgame raid that requires endgame toons, massive time commitment and massive patience. It’s a time sink. As such, our efforts should properly be rewarded. The type of gear we should receive should be something players truly need. The amount we receive of that gear should be proportionately fair as well.
    Starting from the top 3, the first group of gear to drop should be RNG between mk3 cuffs, mk3 carbantis, and mk5 guns. The amount of salvage should be 20 for this tier. The next group between mk4 holo’s, mk3 bactagel and mk6 thermals. Again, 20 salvage.
    The next group of gear should drop 10 salvage of any purple G12 gear. Then 8 of any current g12 gold gear salvage. Finally, for heroic it should be 8 salvage of the new g12 gear. All this combined with the 40% chance of a full g12 piece.

For each ranking tier drop, the amount of salvage should be tuned proportionately. As you go lower in the tier played for the raid you adjust the rewards accordingly. But T6 and 5 should certainly still contain the group for mk3 cuffs, guns and carbs.

Any thoughts?

I am on topic. My explaining what I expect from raid rewards was also on topic as well.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Please stay on topic.
    pHXPk4m.gif
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Any thoughts?

I am on topic. My explaining what I expect from raid rewards was also on topic as well.

Someone feeling guilty?

I was talking to the other guy.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Any thoughts?

Someone feeling guilty?

Only thing I’m guilty of is wasting so much time on zQGJ when he first came out :(
  • JVU420
    429 posts Member
    Please stay on topic.
    pHXPk4m.gif

Lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Any thoughts?

Someone feeling guilty?

Only thing I’m guilty of is wasting so much time on zQGJ when he first came out :(

One zeta I dont have to regret.

Any thoughts?

Someone feeling guilty?

Ugh...I remember when my QGZ team took me to top 30....those were the days...
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

Any thoughts?

Someone feeling guilty?

Derail some more.....
    I remember the forum fires of how OP that zeta was going to be.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Any thoughts?

Someone feeling guilty?

Derail some more.....

Nobody was as OP as Rey (scavenger).
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Any thoughts?

Someone feeling guilty?

Derail some more.....

Nobody was as OP as Rey (scavenger).

Poe > FOTP > Barriss all disagree. At least Scav Rey wasn't nerfed.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    TVF wrote: »

I expect there to be no challenge gear and proper salvage amounts. That’s what anyone should expect and deserve

They did say they will taking another crack at it, so who knows? Maybe you'll be satisfied. Maybe not. Only thing I know after being on this forum for a few months is that any positive direction they take with the game will be met with some element of dissatisfaction. Some liked the nerf, some didn't.

So I pose this question to you, as a fan of specificity, you identified that you wanted the challenge gear removed. That's actionable. You said you wanted gear that you expect and deserve. That's not actionable. It's hard for developers to idenify how to program around vaguery.

Itemize for us what gear drops you expect for each Tier and rank. What exactly is proper. Make your case counselor.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Any thoughts?

Nobody reads what I ever take time to pointlessly type out -_-

@Jeric above you’ll see exactly what I meant.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Hawkeye wrote: »
    Oh awesome the lower tiers go back to the same less than stellar rewards. Oh well. I liked the change for the lower tiers. There was an incentive to do this raid. This rollback is great for those who do heroic, but back to the dumping grounds for the rest of us. The lower tiers are not worth the effort for what we got at the beginning. Disappointing for those guilds not able to do the heroic tier.

This is a temporary move so they can roll this out in a better fashion in the future. raid reward changes are going to happen. as it says.

The same could be said about the Heroic reward changes. It didn't stop complaints then and shouldn't be used to dismiss them now.

thats not true. the original change was the base that was going to be built on with the new gear and such, and was meant to be what they envisioned.

this is a change back so that they can fully and properly explain and examine the change they are going to roll out (i believe the more important part about this is explain, i hope they work that part out)

these are 2 very different situations. I hope you can see that.

The specifics may be different, but at the heart of the matter, in each instance, some group of players has been negatively affected. It's hilarious that when the shoe is on one foot being dissatisfied is perfectly acceptable, but suddenly now that you've gotten what you want complaining is completely gauche and patience is the watchword of the day. If you can't see the hypocrisy there that's not my problem.

Kyno is always right. Give up
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Tier 4 rewards are back to being total garbage. Completely pointless to do this raid now, once again.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Peer wrote: »
    Oh awesome the lower tiers go back to the same less than stellar rewards. Oh well. I liked the change for the lower tiers. There was an incentive to do this raid. This rollback is great for those who do heroic, but back to the dumping grounds for the rest of us. The lower tiers are not worth the effort for what we got at the beginning. Disappointing for those guilds not able to do the heroic tier.

This is a temporary move so they can roll this out in a better fashion in the future. raid reward changes are going to happen. as it says.

The same could be said about the Heroic reward changes. It didn't stop complaints then and shouldn't be used to dismiss them now.

thats not true. the original change was the base that was going to be built on with the new gear and such, and was meant to be what they envisioned.

this is a change back so that they can fully and properly explain and examine the change they are going to roll out (i believe the more important part about this is explain, i hope they work that part out)

The specifics may be different, but at the heart of the matter, in each instance, some group of players has been negatively affected. It's hilarious that when the shoe is on one foot being dissatisfied is perfectly acceptable, but suddenly now that you've gotten what you want complaining is completely gauche and patience is the watchword of the day. If you can't see the hypocrisy there that's not my problem.

:smirk:

Finally someone has said it!
    Peer wrote: »

:smirk:

Finally someone has said it!

It’s Opposite Day I guess XD
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    The devs have put a lot of effort into making the rewards better, and tried something to maintain balance, appease players, and then when it didn't go over well, they rolled it back and STILL are going to revise the rewards to ensure happy players and the long term health of the game when new G12 pieces are added next month. I think that while the testing/execution was poor, the amount of effort and communication was great. Please stop complaining about everything and appreciate that the devs did a TON of work when they had no obligation to. They additionally gave all lvl 85 players and some below that running HSR about $40 of free gear. How about a 'thanks, let's see how this next May revamp pans out before complaining?' Oh, right. This is the forums. Carry on.

giphy_s.gif
  • The devs have put a lot of effort into making the rewards better, and tried something to maintain balance, appease players, and then when it didn't go over well, they rolled it back and STILL are going to revise the rewards to ensure happy players and the long term health of the game when new G12 pieces are added next month. I think that while the testing/execution was poor, the amount of effort and communication was great. Please stop complaining about everything and appreciate that the devs did a TON of work when they had no obligation to. They additionally gave all lvl 85 players and some below that running HSR about $40 of free gear. How about a 'thanks, let's see how this next May revamp pans out before complaining?' Oh, right. This is the forums. Carry on.

giphy_s.gif

Problem is that as of now the only information we have to go on is what they previously stated and their last rollouts have not gone over well at all. So skepticism and anger is surely warranted.

And yes, the devs are most certainly obligated to listen to, communicate with, and provide quality content to its players.