Any other guilds out there....

LukeDukem8
607 posts Member
edited April 2018
not bother with the TW? I have to admit, i feel good and relaxed not caring at all about the tw. We basically let the other guild know we were taking the night off. Lol

Replies

• No, but I actually don't mind when the other guild gives up without competing.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    No, but I actually don't mind when the other guild gives up without competing.

Yeah. We'll take the zeta anytime lol
  • We’ve taken the day off and had it reciprocated
  • Sweet, let any members of your guild know who do care about winning to look me up! My guild cares a lot and we all benefit from the rewards.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Seriously you over think it. Use a simple theme set up. Spend 15 minutes go into squad management, make a new tab for TW defense and each time TW pops up just spend 2 minutes to put your teams in.

On offense just save 2 solid teams, you don't need more. Make sure you get your 2 wins but don't waste an arena team to beat a trash team. Find an arena team you usually have no trouble beating and take them out.

Honestly the extra zeta builds up over time. My guild gets 2 zetas even on loss and 3 for win so that's 50% more. But if you're in the under 120 range it's like 100% more so it's worth trying a little for it.
  • Is TW that bad for you? All 50 of you have the same mindset and don't even try? Wow.
  • I'm sorry to tell you but zetas is the key to the sith triumvirate raid. If you want to beat the Heroic any time soon then you can't let zetas go to waste. Every other day new squads pop up that perform really well and almost every time there's 1-2 zetas required for those squads.

Personally I hate the idea of using zeta on assajj leadership or giving a zeta to fives however it may be necessary. So if you care about the raid then you need to care about TW.

Additionally if you care about arena then you need to have Traya. I gotta tell you that even at 5 stars she carries in arena and if you want be good in arena then you need to farm the heroic str. Which means you need as many zetas as you can to beat it.

Lastly you'll need zetas to maximize the potential of your pilots. Trust me, nobody wants to zeta deathtrooper or the FO tie pilot but if you want those juicy 300-400 crystals every day you may have to do that.

In other words zetas are everything and TW gives you zetas so it makes it incredibly important, if you don't want to do it for yourself do it for your guildmates.
  • PeteSolo wrote: »
    I'm sorry to tell you but zetas is the key to the sith triumvirate raid. If you want to beat the Heroic any time soon then you can't let zetas go to waste. Every other day new squads pop up that perform really well and almost every time there's 1-2 zetas required for those squads.

Personally I hate the idea of using zeta on assajj leadership or giving a zeta to fives however it may be necessary. So if you care about the raid then you need to care about TW.

Additionally if you care about arena then you need to have Traya. I gotta tell you that even at 5 stars she carries in arena and if you want be good in arena then you need to farm the heroic str. Which means you need as many zetas as you can to beat it.

Lastly you'll need zetas to maximize the potential of your pilots. Trust me, nobody wants to zeta deathtrooper or the FO tie pilot but if you want those juicy 300-400 crystals every day you may have to do that.

In other words zetas are everything and TW gives you zetas so it makes it incredibly important, if you don't want to do it for yourself do it for your guildmates.
    We’re facing guilds with 19M GP, 1050 g12 toons, numerous zeta abilities MORE than what we already have (which is already big). There’s no way to win, so that zeta you speak about, is a zeta mat we couldn’t get even if we tried it the hardest (unless the other guild would drop the fight).
    As for the Sith raid, we’ve beaten Heroic since the start (or close - as everyone else, we still had to beat a T6 to unlock the Heroic tier). First Traya in the guild is already activated, the whole guild will follow, probably some time in June. :smile:
    And, by the way, we’re speaking about an additional zeta mat. We get 2 when we lose, 3 when we win. Count the average of 12 from challenges (with a cautious estimate of 0.25 drop rate on challenges - actual drop rate is 0.3), 2-4 from each Wicket/MT event, 20-25 from Fleet Store... All in all, on the month, the difference between winning or losing all TW represents 10% of the zeta mats of the month. ;)
  • Ambassador wrote: »
    PeteSolo wrote: »
    I'm sorry to tell you but zetas is the key to the sith triumvirate raid. If you want to beat the Heroic any time soon then you can't let zetas go to waste. Every other day new squads pop up that perform really well and almost every time there's 1-2 zetas required for those squads.

We’re facing guilds with 19M GP, 1050 g12 toons, numerous zeta abilities MORE than what we already have (which is already big). There’s no way to win, so that zeta you speak about, is a zeta mat we couldn’t get even if we tried it the hardest (unless the other guild would drop the fight).
    As for the Sith raid, we’ve beaten Heroic since the start (or close - as everyone else, we still had to beat a T6 to unlock the Heroic tier). First Traya in the guild is already activated, the whole guild will follow, probably some time in June. :smile:
    And, by the way, we’re speaking about an additional zeta mat. We get 2 when we lose, 3 when we win. Count the average of 12 from challenges (with a cautious estimate of 0.25 drop rate on challenges - actual drop rate is 0.3), 2-4 from each Wicket/MT event, 20-25 from Fleet Store... All in all, on the month, the difference between winning or losing all TW represents 10% of the zeta mats of the month. ;)

Ok, well it's your choice then. I have to ask you though, do you have members with very inflated GPs? I mean some people boosted their GPs by putting too many resources in their crap toons just to get those GP point and they didn't work on their strongest characters. I have a guy in my guild with 2.7 million GP and he barely has any gear 12s. His account half way up looks like someone who would struggle to have a 1.8 million GP and at the bottom half their account is full of purples. My 2.3 million GP account looks way stronger in the upper half.

I don't know what causes the algorithm to miss match guilds but I think there is some reason for it. I'd recommend to do the best you can and if you lose it's fine. Each one of you should reserve 2-3 good teams on offense and I'm sure there's nothing you can't get past.
  • I put all my teams on defense if I know I won't have time/don't feel like doing the attack phase. It feels good winning a TW and there're rewards *shrugs*
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Moved to Feedback: Guilds
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Ambassador wrote: »

Ok, well it's your choice then. I have to ask you though, do you have members with very inflated GPs? I mean some people boosted their GPs by putting too many resources in their **** toons just to get those GP point and they didn't work on their strongest characters. I have a guy in my guild with 2.7 million GP and he barely has any gear 12s. His account half way up looks like someone who would struggle to have a 1.8 million GP and at the bottom half their account is full of purples. My 2.3 million GP account looks way stronger in the upper half.

I don't know what causes the algorithm to miss match guilds but I think there is some reason for it. I'd recommend to do the best you can and if you lose it's fine. Each one of you should reserve 2-3 good teams on offense and I'm sure there's nothing you can't get past.

Just out of curiousity, how much GP does your guild have?
    OT: I don't like TW, too much of a hassle. We've won just as many as we lost, so that's great. I'm however sure that neither our guild, or the guilds that we're facing, win or loss, have anywhere close to full participation (on offence). 130-ish mil GP region. Giving up right from the start is rare though.
    Save water, drink champagne!

Ok, well it's your choice then. I have to ask you though, do you have members with very inflated GPs? I mean some people boosted their GPs by putting too many resources in their **** toons just to get those GP point and they didn't work on their strongest characters. I have a guy in my guild with 2.7 million GP and he barely has any gear 12s. His account half way up looks like someone who would struggle to have a 1.8 million GP and at the bottom half their account is full of purples. My 2.3 million GP account looks way stronger in the upper half.

The quality of our GP is not the issue...it's we were matched against a guild with 1,000 G12 more than us. that is a 30 G12 team advantage. Almost all of our matches have been against guilds with 6-10M more GP than us and we would win, or lose by maybe 20 points (they were that close).

The last two guilds we faced had an average of 600 more G12 toons than we did. we fought hard and did our best, but it's demoralizing and not fun when we don't even stand a chance. So we took the night off. just wondering if anyone else did the same due to the broken matchmaking system?
  • Do you guys notice the rewards for tank takediwn raid are missing. we should clearly tell the developers we want to know why this is the case

Nope. Everyone has plenty g12. 50 JTR. Half the guild, if not more, is able to solo the HAAT. Don’t think we’re amateurs, we’ve 150M GP, in November and December we were top3 on the TW leaderboard - when we were facing stronger guilds than us, but not guilds that outmatched us so thoroughly.
  • It's so odd to me that moderators post on this forum in any way outside of their moderator capacity. Shouldn't mods have another account that they can argue and discuss issues with? Mod accounts should be for one thing - moderation.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    It's so odd to me that moderators post on this forum in any way outside of their moderator capacity. Shouldn't mods have another account that they can argue and discuss issues with? Mod accounts should be for one thing - moderation.

Disagree, and irrelevant to the thread anyway.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    It's so odd to me that moderators post on this forum in any way outside of their moderator capacity. Shouldn't mods have another account that they can argue and discuss issues with? Mod accounts should be for one thing - moderation.

Disagree, and irrelevant to the thread anyway.
    This.
    We’re all players and forumites before becoming Mods. And we often are Mods for only a time, before stepping down (for whatever reason).