Not another "Gear Exchange" optimization request.

xtended2l
85 posts Member
edited April 2018
I have several ideas regarding the optimization of gear exchange in the guild. They are sorted by the implementation difficulty from hardest to simpliest.

1. Monthly Maraphon.
Awarding players by special points for every donation. And awarding the player with most points at the end of the month. But the players donated "rare" gear pieces receive more points. Rare gear pieces determined automatically by requested/donated ratio. For example: 500 stunt Guns were requested during the month, but only 200 were donated to them, at the same time 400 Carbanti requested, but only 200 donated, and 100 bacta gels requested and all the demand was fulfilled completely.
The rarerest is the Stun Guns 500/100 = 5
The second by rarity here is Carbanti 400/200 = 2
And the rest with a ratio of 1 is a common parts like bacta gel in this example.
So, donating player receive 5 points for every Stun Gun donated, 2 points for every Carbanti donated, and 1 point for every common part donated accordingly. A the final day of the month, all players receive payout according to accumulated donation points.
2. Enhanced Guild Activity.
Depending on player's contribution statistics. We have already "Donations (Daily)" statistics in the guild. What about rewarding players regarding the gear they donated during the day? A small amount of guild tokens like it works at the "Guild Activities" page. The player, which donated the most gear pieces during the period receives first place and so on. It could even has some "Tiers". Like "Donate 250 gear pieces" to reach Tier 7.
3. Payment on the spot.
Receive guild tokens immediately by pushing the "Donate" button. Players receive small amount of gear tokens(approximately 10-20% of original gear price in the guild shop).
4. Daily Acitivity addition.
"Donate gear to your guild 0 / 2" daily activity reward. We can force players to donate gear by adding this oneliner, and rewarding them for dedication. To make it fair - available only for 85 lvl players, as low level players could not have all equipment required for others.

I hope this ideas are not not too OP from the point of view of the developers.
The balance? Never heard of that.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    i'm fine with just leaving the guild exchange alone tbh. Obviously i wouldn't say no to option 3, but it wouldn't make me donate more than i'm already donating.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    i'm fine with just leaving the guild exchange alone tbh. Obviously i wouldn't say no to option 3, but it wouldn't make me donate more than i'm already donating.
    Of course it wont. Judging by your 3M GM account, you are abundant with gear and you are able to share with others. Good for your guild, but what about making others donate more? And rewarding them as well. Majority of new and middle-tier players have issues sharing rare stuff, for obvious reasons
    The balance? Never heard of that.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    xtended2l wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Of course it wont. Judging by your 3M GM account, you are abundant with gear and you are able to share with others. Good for your guild, but what about making others donate more? And rewarding them as well. Majority of new and middle-tier players have issues sharing rare stuff, for obvious reasons

I don't know if my guild is representative of the somewhat higher GP guilds, but requesting rare gear usually results in not getting donated. We all "need" the same gear, so the usefullness of the gear exchange is limited to non-rare gear. I assume this is the same for all guilds regardless of GP.
    I get what you're trying to achieve, i'm just fine with not having to worry at all about the gear exchange. While the gear exchange's usefullness is rather limited, it does have it's uses from time to time. I just fear your suggestions will make donating more of a chore, except for option 3 obviously.
    Save water, drink champagne!