Please Leave Challenge Drops in Raids Rewards

Replies

• Options
    For lower tiered raids (maybe like T3 and lower) I would say yes that leaving the challenge gear in should be a consideration. But using the Sith raid as an example, if you can beat a T4 raid then chances are you DON'T need the challenge gear. I understand that for the lower level player base, challenge gear is great, but there's a reason why it's called challenge gear. You get the gear from daily challenges. You don't raid every day.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Options
    I’m sure if you’re short on those Mk 8 Salvage you can just ask your guild to give some to you. I have a thousand and would be happy to give them away. I imagine you would’ve the only one in the guild short.
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    sloweagle wrote: »
    My alt have 1800 of it, and my main has 60 left:) once you start gearing up toons to G12, you will run out quickly. It takes 2-4 of the crafted mk8 bio to reach G12 for each toons. It will be the new mk3 carbani:) it is not necessarily a whale problem, I am 100% f2p, and I almost run out of it now.

I want to know where the people running out of them are getting their prototypes, maybe you are just farming them I don't know. My input (and many others) of prototypes just can't keep up with the salvage and I buy every Prototype that shows up in Guild Store and Shard Shop. Maybe I just have the worlds worst RNG because them prototypes don't come with raids for me but the salvage sure likes to. If ever salavge drop I got from raids was prototype instead I might actually be able to use all the salvage.

Again with the gold balls.

Let's say you earn 60 salvages a week from challenges. I'll probably procure 20-30 components from the shard and guild/guild event shops weekly; and say 50 components from shipments per week. Thats a deficit of 10-20 salvages per normal week if you convert salvages and components to full pieces. If you continue at this rate, you will run out of salvages eventually.

Its not too difficult to have surplus crystals to be able to buy components from shipments if you're netting 800 crystals daily from both arenas, and burn only 500 or so crystals total daily on Cantina refreshes and LS/DS missions. Its also not difficult to earn guild and shard shop currency if you have a deep roster where you can just farm surplus shards; or you perform reasonably well in guild activities thus earning guild/event coins.

Gold Balls are in highest demand for upgrading characters mainly to G12 but occasionally G11. My roster currently requires 119 gold balls to progress all characters. Far more than the 44 data pads and 31 medpacs needed. As such, I have a relative surplus of those latter salvages because they are earned at the same rate as gold ball salvages.

If you're committed to maxing your roster, you'll burn through your gold ball salvage eventually unless you buy more.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    But that’s the game’s points, right. It’s about choice and the consequences of YOUR choice to do X or A or F. There are consequences for building solely for raids, or Arena or fleets. It’s not made for you to open and gear every single character. That’s diversity. Unfortunately the devs have allowed power creep to enter the game sacrificing diversity for a few OP cookie cutter toons and mods that dominate. So there’s no need to have every single character GS12. Hence there is no shortage of gold salvage gear. It’s your mad desire to level and gear cap every toon for some attaboy achievement that does not exist.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    sloweagle wrote: »
    My alt have 1800 of it, and my main has 60 left:) once you start gearing up toons to G12, you will run out quickly. It takes 2-4 of the crafted mk8 bio to reach G12 for each toons. It will be the new mk3 carbani:) it is not necessarily a whale problem, I am 100% f2p, and I almost run out of it now.

I want to know where the people running out of them are getting their prototypes, maybe you are just farming them I don't know. My input (and many others) of prototypes just can't keep up with the salvage and I buy every Prototype that shows up in Guild Store and Shard Shop. Maybe I just have the worlds worst RNG because them prototypes don't come with raids for me but the salvage sure likes to. If ever salavge drop I got from raids was prototype instead I might actually be able to use all the salvage.

Again with the gold balls.

Let's say you earn 60 salvages a week from challenges. I'll probably procure 20-30 components from the shard and guild/guild event shops weekly; and say 50 components from shipments per week. Thats a deficit of 10-20 salvages per normal week if you convert salvages and components to full pieces. If you continue at this rate, you will run out of salvages eventually.

Its not too difficult to have surplus crystals to be able to buy components from shipments if you're netting 800 crystals daily from both arenas, and burn only 500 or so crystals total daily on Cantina refreshes and LS/DS missions. Its also not difficult to earn guild and shard shop currency if you have a deep roster where you can just farm surplus shards; or you perform reasonably well in guild activities thus earning guild/event coins.

Gold Balls are in highest demand for upgrading characters mainly to G12 but occasionally G11. My roster currently requires 119 gold balls to progress all characters. Far more than the 44 data pads and 31 medpacs needed. As such, I have a relative surplus of those latter salvages because they are earned at the same rate as gold ball salvages.

If you're committed to maxing your roster, you'll burn through your gold ball salvage eventually unless you buy more.

Isn't everyone committed to that?
    I don't spend crystals on those prototypes (they are not components by the way). I did state that yes if you are buying the prototypes from shipments then I could see how you would run out of Salavge, however getting 50 prototypes from shipments for crystals a week I am fairly certain is not what the majority of players are doing.

I am well away that the full gear piece, not just the salvage is needed many many many many times, I am not disputing that at all. But there is way more gear that is already hard to come that it just seems better to have a chance of getting from the raids than having a chance at challenge gear that has a steady input stream. I have a guild of 50 that most (some are very quiet on discord) cringe when they get a drop of challenge gear as a raid reward.

I am not saying anything is wrong with getting gear from shipments to each their own on how they want to spend their crystals. When looking at input streams for gear though I do not include purchasing them from shipments for crystals as an input stream.
  • Options
    image.png

Seems like this would help anyone who's having problems finding enough of these. Don't even have to spend crystals!
  • Options
    This makes no mathematical sense, unless you’re buying hundreds of components with crystals.

It’s like a recipe:

You need 2 limes and 1 lemon to make this thing. You get 2 limes every day. On Sunday you get a lemon. So you can make one thing on Sunday, leaving you a surplus of 12 limes. Another week goes by, you now have 1 lemon and 26 limes. Now you have a surplus of 24 limes.

It’s mathematically impossible to use the salvage more than your components, unless you’re buying hundreds of components a week with cash to balance out the deficit. I don’t think they even show up enough in shipments to balance it.
  • Options
    Certainly not at a rate that can't be overcome via purchases in the other stores
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Screenshot_20180418_172423.png

Here you go.

All I see here is Smokin got no balls.
  • Options
    At level 85, Every week you get like 60 shards of each of these items from challenges. Except for MK3 Cards that ends up being way more then you need. Unless your a whale and are trying to gear every character.
  • Options
    I'm not sure you understand what you're asking for, a decision that hurts 99% of the players for the sake of very few. As others have pointed out you most likely face this problem because you buy alot of gear (whale) to gear a lot of characters at the same time. If that's the case then I'm sure you can afford to drop a few extra dollars to buy that challenge gear as it is available in shipments.

Honestly, I've had way too many raids where I finish first only to get 2 different challenge gear drops. Some of which I have 4000+ pieces of
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    I'm going to just repeat this because there's one or two people in this thread that don't understand it.
    TVF wrote: »
    To that point, I think anyone who is running out of the challenge gear one is just doing resource management wrong.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gwonk
    239 posts Member
    Options
    I've been working on gearing Ewoks to G12 and to get Chirpa, Logray and Wicket to G12 (are G11 currently) I need 240 of the MK8 Eyeball salvage. I have 0 currently. So it will take a while. I'd LOVE to get this in any raid that wants to give it to me.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Screenshot_20180418_172423.png

Here you go.

All I see here is Smokin got no balls.

Hilarious. Except, since you apparently didn't read the rest of the post, that screenshot is not mine. I just embedded the screenshot to help the OP who posted a link and to make it easier for everyone else to see what the OP was talking about.

As usual, no good deed goes unpunished. Thank you for restoring my disillusionment with the human race.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I'm impressed by the players who ran out of the salvages. Maybe i'm not buying enough gear, but i'm not even close to running out.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Im at like 90 of the non challenge stuff and 1400 of the challenge stuff so I'll take the non challenge stuff please
  • Options
    I still love, “I have 800 salvage right now and to me this is a shortage! It’s a state of emergency. I need government intercession. Call FEMA! I can’t level 15 characters because I refuse to waste sim tickets on the daily salvage challenge, put it back in raids to appease me!” /blah.

I have 1624 of the **** things and 24 prototypes. I don’t feel a need to GS 12 every toon, just the ones I commonly play with. Even if you GS 12 your entire roster, you will never see your name TW Leaderboard. I’d rather be neck deep in prototypes and work every week for my salvage than have salvage in my raid rewards.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    I’m sure if you’re short on those Mk 8 Salvage you can just ask your guild to give some to you. I have a thousand and would be happy to give them away. I imagine you would’ve the only one in the guild short.

For a reason known only to the devs, you cannot request the Mk8 biotech salvage or components.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    I'm going to just repeat this because there's one or two people in this thread that don't understand it.
    To that point, I think anyone who is running out of the challenge gear one is just doing resource management wrong.

I'll second this cause I think it needs to be said
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    I'm impressed by the players who ran out of the salvages.

I'm not. They're playing the game wrong.
  • kriles76
    24 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

This is a myopic view.

Having to invest resources into characters to maintain competitiveness in both arenas, all raids and guild events requires developing and deploying gold gear.

I get the missive about resource management, but if you want to be more than mediocre, you'll be gearing the best toons to their fullest extent and reaping the rewards as a result.

And yes, I'm F2P. No whale here. Don't need to be.
  • Options

There's no "wrong" way to play the game. This thread however is a couple of whales (and a few who think $200/mo is not a whale) who think their needs should be catered to at the expense of the rest of us. One even mentioned we should thank him for financing the game we play. The entitlement, justified or not, is a detriment to all. Most level 85 players are casual spenders, and think the game should be balanced for all, not just to our benefit.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    I think a lot of the folks posting in here miss the point.... This is a game, there is no right or wrong way to play something that is supposed to be fun....

Yes, it's the p2p guys that finance the game's existence..... I get that....

But here is the thing.... The game is like life..... It's about choices....

The game is what it is and we all choose to play it..... Asking for the gear to be tailored to the way you play is like wanting to play chess, except you want 3 queens on your side of the board...
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    It's only "wrong" because they're complaining about something that can be fixed by better resource management. But they just want the devs to fix it for them.
  • Options
    It's only "wrong" because they're complaining about something that can be fixed by better resource management. But they just want the devs to fix it for them.

I agree.... Not saying the rewards couldn't be refined....

One thing i thought was cool was guild event currency for raid completion..... Jmop
  • Options
    lol. We are still talking about this?:) If one doesn’t buy the 375 crystals per 25 gold ball prototype, you probably won’t buy anything else with crystals ever:) this is the cheapest purchase with crystals, even cheaper than farming it from PvE nodes. And if you are top of arenas, you should definitely buy the 375 gold gear every time it shows up.
  • Options
    I have almost 3000 of the mk 8 salvage. You can remove them from raids. Reward us high end gear or the store tokens to buy them. I don’t need more junk.
  • Options
    You never don't need mk3 Carbanti, just saying.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Thats not entirely true. People with 144 G12 characters have no need for mk3 carbanti
  • Options

I never had a problem with these gold balls either...till I ran out of them. And you can't request either piece of it from guildies. Assuming these were removed from raid rewards , I'm sure half the people here, with their surpluses, would be complaining in 6 months or so about the same issue.