'dummy' accounts guild // TW

Mrkk27
20 posts Member
edited April 2018
No rules for having dummy's next to whales I guess? We get slaughtered (5000 vs 10000 banners) by a guild with less GP, fewer members.. seems like they filled up the guild with some dummy's to benefit from matchmaking.
Kinda takes the fun out of TW tbh..

Replies

• What are you suggesting? That people are only allowed to form guilds with others of similar GP?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Mrkk27 wrote: »
    No rules for having dummy's next to whales I guess? We get slaughtered (5000 vs 10000 banners) by a guild with less GP, fewer members.. seems like they filled up the guild with some dummy's to benefit from matchmaking.

We regularly beat guilds with up to 10-15m GP more. You probably just need better strategy and coordination.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

From the small description we got about how matching is done, those "whale accounts" are the one they are measuring you against, so if that guild brings in dummy accounts they are not really affecting the matching from what we are told.... almost certainly not giving them an advantage as you are saying, at least not from what we are told
  • Mrkk27
    20 posts Member
    Nah usually I'm OK with getting our **** whooped if they have a better strategy. But doesn't the amount of guild members affect matchmaking? So (for example) 10 players with tons of GP and 40 dummy's would have something significant impact on the way the battles unfold.
    I mean, we as a guild have some G12 Toons.
    But against a couple of players with tons of G12 toons, we simply do not stand a chance as they would have alot of 90k+ teams.

That would be my problem.
    If the amount of players is not playing a role in matchmaking, this topic of course could be closed.

The difference in our last battle was way too overwhelming imo. Therefore this topic.

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    My first guild had two big guys and the rest were beginners (level 65-75) the big guys would place 2 teams on defense each and they could beat anyone. The matching algorithm always threw us guilds 15 million gp or more higher than us but we still usually won.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nah usually I'm OK with getting our **** whooped if they have a better strategy. But doesn't the amount of guild members affect matchmaking? So (for example) 10 players with tons of GP and 40 dummy's would have something significant impact on the way the battles unfold.
    I mean, we as a guild have some G12 Toons.
    But against a couple of players with tons of G12 toons, we simply do not stand a chance as they would have alot of 90k+ teams.

That would be my problem.
    If the amount of players is not playing a role in matchmaking, this topic of course could be closed.

The difference in our last battle was way too overwhelming imo. Therefore this topic.

To some extent it may, but according the information we have they base it more on a team by team basis at the top.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/162893/dev-post-matchmaking-clarification-post-3-15/p1

Having 50 players is having 50 players, the only time the number of players matters is when it's less than 50 and that's about defensive placement counts.

We dont know enough to really say anymore than that, but having 20 super players and the rest fluff, doesn't serve much purposes for the 20 as the rewards they can get are worse due to limiting the GP of the guild.
  • xtended2l
    85 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Our guild lost TW only once from the implementation of the mode. Two times situation was seemingly like a draw, but we managed to win. And all other battles were just a baby beating. İt is just a disaster how much noob players are in this game, we laugh to tears in guild chat. Strange built teams with absolutely non-matching characters, sometimes without leaders or Jedies which lead siths, or some rebel lead nightsisters, strange squad alignments, etc. With one phrase - no strategy or coordination at all. So I think your guild just needs more dedication to the game and that's all.

Also as far as I know, guilds are matched by Active GP, not overall GP of the guild. So it shows its influence too.

This mode is pretty balanced with one exeption - the guild, where all players are at the same GP, will most likely lose to the guild, with a big gap between strongest and most weak players. It happens because one 2M GP player doesn't worth two 1m players, but even more. Strong players have a lot of full gold teams with good mods, and simple GM comparison math do not work here.
    Post edited by xtended2l on
    The balance? Never heard of that.
  • Mrkk27
    20 posts Member
    xtended2l wrote: »
    Our guild lost TW only once from the implementation of the mode. Two times situation was seemingly like a draw, but we managed to win. And all other battles were just a baby beating. İt is just a disaster how much noob players are in this game, we laugh to tears in guild chat. Strange built teams with absolutely non-matching characters, sometimes without leaders or Jedies which lead siths, or some rebel lead nightsisters, strange squad alignments, etc. With one phrase - no strategy or coordination at all. So I think your guild just needs more dedication to the game and that's all.

Also as far as I know, guilds are matched by Active GP, not overall GP of the guild. So it shows its influence too.

This mode is pretty balanced with one exeption - the guild, where all players are at the same GP, will most likely lose to the guild, with a big gap between strongest and most weak players. It happens because one 2M GP player doesn't worth two 1m players, but even more. Strong players have a lot of full gold teams with good mods, and simple GM comparison math do not work here.

Yeah one of the problems certainly lies within the guild. To be more specific: participation. At least that's what we found out today :neutral:
  • Mrkk27 wrote: »

Not all are dummy account. Our guild has a few 2-3mil GP rosters & a few that barely qualify for TW.

There are guilds out there that don't have steep requirements that still have some amazing players.