Places of Power Requirements

Prev13
FailingCrab
1155 posts Member
edited April 2018
Did we know the star requirement was going to be changed for this assault battle? I completed tier 3 last time and now I'm stuck doing tier 1 because I don't meet the requirements for the rest.

Is this going to be the case for all future assault battles?
https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
Discord: Iona Starbound#5299

Replies

• UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    You sure you've completed all three tiers before?Have a look at the rewards tab, if tier two & three show "first time rewards" you haven't. I don't think the requirements have changed.

Also, have you maybe got it confused with the Forest Moon assault battle?
  • Yes, absolutely. I'm certain that I've used 3* nihilus to complete the bonus tier before.
  • Same here no first time rewards available 100% completed it also uploaded it to youtube when I did 3* bonus tier (also has 3* complete).

They have defiantly changed the requirements
  • You sure you've completed all three tiers before?Have a look at the rewards tab, if tier two & three show "first time rewards" you haven't. I don't think the requirements have changed.

Also, have you maybe got it confused with the Forest Moon assault battle?

I definitely have - only 1* because I relied on EP and Vader but I definitely have.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    The account that you posted your question with doesn't have Nihilus, or a mix of Sith and first order that would be strong enough to beat the bonus tier I reckon, that's why I asked.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    The account that you posted your question with doesn't have Nihilus, or a mix of Sith and first order that would be strong enough to beat the bonus tier I reckon, that's why I asked.

That other guy's not me. I used EP/Vader/KRU/FOTP/Kylo. The bonus tier was difficult and took me a couple of tries, but I managed it. I could provide a screenshot as proof but whether or not I've done the bonus challenge before is not really the point of my thread - I'm asking if this is going to be a widespread change to assault battles and if we knew that it was coming.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Fair enough, I stand corrected. Bit rubbish of them moving the goalposts without telling anyone. Hope you get an answer. They definitely haven't said anything about it
  • yungleballz
    52 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!
    I was actually looking forward to the event, and the "thrill" the bonus tier gave me last time i completed it.
    Now it is the same as the op's - can't even play tier 2.
    WHAT IS THIS? DON'T DO THIS! DON'T BE MEAN TO YOUR PLAYERS!
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • It is annoying that they changed the requirements without notice. I had also previously beaten all 3 tiers and now can only do Tier 1.
  • Thought I was losing it, yes it now seems to require 7* toons for bonus tier. I already had it 3* but looking at who's available, I was thinking how did I 3* this with a mix of sith & fo. I think it would have been nice if they included the information about making an update to this event. Perhaps they could have just shoehorned it in the update notes about assault battles... I know, I know, that's just crazy talk.
  • Well, for all we know it's a bug and not intended. The dev team is all still asleep atm (it's like 3am their time), so I guess we just wait till they get to work.
  • I hope it is a bug. I really enjoyed this event because it didn't require a star rating. It felt more like Arena where you need strategy rather then just levels and stars.
  • As my observation goes
    Tier1 is 3 stars
    Tier2 is 5 stars
    Bonus tier is 7 Stars
  • Don't worry, the rewards are garbage anyway.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie @CG_Leviathan @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs @CG_TopHat
    any chance of an answer as to why requirements where changed without notice.
    i have completed this event with nihilus every single time its been up but now cant use him.
    the same as what others are saying i have my team saved so know i used it before.
    i know its the weekend but an answer would be good
  • I honestly didn’t mind the change to requirements, made me try something other than Nihilus lead (which is so easy it’s boring). Just wish that they’d have increased the payout along with the requirements.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yeah, it's very odd, because there are no stated requirements at all, not in the dev notes from launch or anything.

Obviously it's the weekend and we may have some issues getting a direct response and it's a little early to expect anything right now. But they have been flagged and we will have to wait and see.
  • It's because they released a OP 3 star character called sion that wrecks the event.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!
    I was actually looking forward to the event, and the "thrill" the bonus tier gave me last time i completed it.

I can see that it would be a little annoying, but it's not OUTRAGEOUS!!! or even MEAN!!! Calm down little buddy.

And the rewards are poor anyway. You aren't missing much.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!

I can see that it would be a little annoying, but it's not OUTRAGEOUS!!! or even MEAN!!! Calm down little buddy.

And the rewards are poor anyway. You aren't missing much.

How DARE you INVALIDATE forum RAGE I WILL HAVE THEIR HEADS
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Beat it easy enough too but its not the point so much for better communications that lasted
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Boxxy wrote: »
    It's because they released a OP 3 star character called sion that wrecks the event.

As opposed to the f2p monster who wrecks this event??

Have you met maul?
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    I noticed that too but I was still able to beat it this time
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    Beat it easy enough too but its not the point so much for better communications that lasted

That's fair and I agree. I just can't stand people who have no perspective.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Idealist speak- maybe it’s a bug. Let’s see who has the weekend shift at CG.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    It's because they released a OP 3 star character called sion that wrecks the event.
    Sion's a hat on a hat. Between Nihilus and Darth Maul this event was wrecked as soon as it was introduced.

(Don't get me wrong, though, I still love it--even though either of those two, let alone both at once, completely break the event, you still need to pay attention to your timing so Nihilus ends map 7 with nearly complete TM.)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Have you met maul?

Yeah I have but a 3 stars gear 8 he doesn't have the same impact in the tier 3.
  • I was able to beat it with only 7 stars, but I wish they would have at least told us they were doing this...and if they are doing this for this AB, are they going to do this to the other ones?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Have you met maul?

Yeah I have but a 3 stars gear 8 he doesn't have the same impact in the tier 3.

Yeah I can see that, hes a pretty solid toon, was a meta for a short time, and is a pretty key ship. So hes worth the gear, but that doesn't help this weekend.