Where did all the players go?

Prev1
t0neg0d
616 posts Member
Recently, we lost two players from our guild. Sucks, but it happens. Soooo... the question is:

What happened to the all the people that used to bounce into you guild within hours of losing some1?

It has literally been crickets for days... a week maybe.

We run HPit every 2 days, HAAT every 3ish... no steep requirements, FFA after 24 hrs, etc, etc, etc. It's all in the guild description. We post here when there are openings.... but NOTHING?? O.o

Is the game drying up?
Did people bail for marvel?
Seriously... what's going on?

Replies

• There's a TB going so people don't move around alot now
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    We haven't had any issues staying at 50 with normal turnaround and no out of game recruitment. Do you have a GP requirement or something else that is turning people off?
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Actually funny you say that. We are having issues as well, since the Marvel release it seems.
  • I find it comes in waves - we have periods where there's not walkin, and then they come in 3s and fours.
  • XiXiS
    48 posts Member
    We have a stable guild. At least it’s all good on our side :smile:
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Hasn't changed for my guild, we've had more new joiners than usual
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Swordd wrote: »
    We haven't had any issues staying at 50 with normal turnaround and no out of game recruitment. Do you have a GP requirement or something else that is turning people off?

No... we have no minimum requirements at all, actually. The only rule we have in place is the standard 0/24. We don't have a high turnover as our guild is extremely active & every1 gets along well.

We had one quit the game due to frustration with the new raid & the other was booted for typical reasons in a guild w/ 1 rule ;)

But since then, it's been crickets...
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    SeanutB wrote: »
    Hasn't changed for my guild, we've had more new joiners than usual

So this is where they all are! Good to hear though... was getting a bit worried.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    QJinX wrote: »
    Actually funny you say that. We are having issues as well, since the Marvel release it seems.

How much have you noticed? Like I said above, we have a very low turnover, but I remember in my previous guild there were like 5 transient slots where people would join, leave, join, leave... seemed no more than a couple hours after some1 bounced out, someone new was in.
  • SmilinStonee
    195 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Roughly 45mil gp guild. Last 2-3 weeks it has slowed for us as well. No requirements to join. Went from being 48-49 total to 42. Hardly any new memebers ever come in now. Members are becoming less active. Our raid participation is down to 20-25. TB hardly crosses over 30-35. Only new players we get are 100k-300k. Look at guild search, guilds there have hardly any members in them. Seems hardly any new players join the game.
    No way im leaving my teammates for benefit of being in a more active guild. It will just hurt the health further.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Roughly 45mil gp guild. Last 2-3 weeks it has slowed for us as well. No requirements to join. Went from being 48-49 total to 42. Hardly any new memebers ever come in now. Members are becoming less active. Our raid participation is down to 20-25. TB hardly crosses over 30-35. Only new players we get are 100k-300k. Look at guild search, guilds there have hardly any members in them. Seems hardly any new players join the game.

That's kinda what I was afraid of.
  • Our hope is that if we can clear HAAT people will come for shards, but thats all speculation.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Sometimes it's best to gather your most active guild mates and merge with another guild. Better to be with others who are working hard rather than carry freeloaders.
  • Logically you are right. I think that such actions will dry up motivation for the player base further. Most rather start fresh than play catch up the whole time. Especially at this time, if you know what i mean.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Look to the game featuring the god who is pulled off by his hammer to new adventures.

I was lucky and found an awesome guild out of Cyprus. Just gotta get used to the term colleague.
  • Its so weird to see this. Ive been looking for a guild who can do at least haat but every guild that comes up, require 2m, while i only have 1.5.
  • Viggy
    10 posts Member
    Newer players are less attached or active most of the time. And with the competition being realeased many of those switched or do both and end up picking one of the two to really play. We definitely have less new players who get higher than lvl 35ish.

And at the same time I know A LOT older players with 2+mil gp who quit either due to the frustration of the new raid or the nerf of the rewards for said raid.

CG chose a bad time for angering their community :*
  • Playing fortnite... like me.

Have still played this game every day since Dec 2015... still part of a reasonably strong guild but the game doesnt take that much time up for me personally
  • People are quitting the game because of EA policy and the devs **** on us all day
  • Because the developers aren't listening
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    I wonder if it's the fact both fortnite and marvel are new, shiny objects.

Those who downloaded it off the bat will be able to compete with everyone. Not that you can't do that in this but Marvel movies roll off the conveyor belt and knock it out of the ball park and fortnite can be played on multiple devices.

We're still a full guild but I know player morale in our guild is dropping. Too many events and the rewards don't match the time playing.

Plus side is every mobile game now has to raise their game to ensure customers and revenue. Listening to what players want is key.

Time will tell :smile:
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Roopehun wrote: »
    Its so weird to see this. Ive been looking for a guild who can do at least haat but every guild that comes up, require 2m, while i only have 1.5.
    Our hope is that if we can clear HAAT people will come for shards, but thats all speculation.

We clear haat on a 0/24 ffa basis... every 3-4 days. This hasn't helped w/ recruitment. Like I said above, we have no requirements & only 1 rule. Still no takers. =(
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Sometimes it's best to gather your most active guild mates and merge with another guild. Better to be with others who are working hard rather than carry freeloaders.

I don't really feel like we have any freeloaders. All we care about is people being active & talking in chat & discord so people feel like they are actually part of a guild. I do see where your going w/ this though... and it is a valid point
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    @BazeMalbus

Looks like you were correct. TB ended and boom!

Thanks for the heads up.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Or not.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Or not.

It's partially true, we've picked up 3 people who bailed on their heroic sith guilds because they were burnt out. I can imagine other have left completely.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    We're an FFA on HAAT guild, but not remotely close to heroic str. Honestly, were only FFA on HAAT because a few of us (prior to the new adds in guild) could blow through haat alone.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Or not.

It's partially true, we've picked up 3 people who bailed on their heroic sith guilds because they were burnt out. I can imagine other have left completely.

No it's not true. The Sith Raid has not killed the game. That's the part I was responding to but I failed to quote it in a way that was obvious.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • My guild is a whopping 12 strong, according to the chat log two got booted for inactivity (I guess), one more left and some don't do anything at all. The Sith raid seems to be nearly done though I can't even pitch a no hit as I joined after it started.

That one raid takes a long time it seems. Even with 2/3 mil strong GP officers.

I'm fairly sure I'm running across a lot of "journeymen" or people who have left in GW and Arena. as a lot of pople I ally invite haven't been active in several hundred days. That's the nature of giant grindfests though, high rate of attrition.

I suspect at around level 60ish I'll be colliding with the wall where I'll not get much from one full energy run.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF