Places of Power Requirements

Replies

• They absolutely changed it.... Notice i 2 starred it before, and now i only have 3 qualifying toons.
    image.png?width=400&height=225
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    I am personally stunned they didn't communicate this, especially after their new commitment to communication.... wait.... no I'm not. If nothing else they are hopelessly consistent.
  • I auto'd all 3 tiers with no loses.. I honestly thought it was easier than usual.. my sith squad are all G11... Nihilus, DV, Dooku, EP & Maul...
    Easy shard shop currency, but I'd like to get some Rexy rewards...
  • Really disappointed with this change, the tier 3 was a fun challenge but since my palpatine is 6 star and most of my FO is still 6 star I can't even attempt.

I don't mind increasing the difficulty, but artificially adding barriers to play feels rather disengenuous and makes it less fun since you can't try out different characters.
  • Bill0207
    375 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Yeah I think they definitely changed it. I used my 4* nihlus for all 3 tiers last time and I could only use him for the first 2 this time and he's 5* now
  • If it’s WAI.. I don’t understand why they do this? It’s an unneeded shot in the foot. And it’s slip ups and shady moves like this that can always be depended on.
  • I did tier 2 and bonus for the 1st time (3 stars on each, no characters defeated), but on tier 2 I received 1.2 million ship building materials rather than the max of 200K!!! Anybody else have this? I got the normal 200K on Tier 1 and bonus.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If it’s WAI.. I don’t understand why they do this? It’s an unneeded shot in the foot. And it’s slip ups and shady moves like this that can always be depended on.

It is a possibility it was an unintended background change when making the "mythic " changes for the other assault battles.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    If it’s WAI.. I don’t understand why they do this? It’s an unneeded shot in the foot. And it’s slip ups and shady moves like this that can always be depended on.

It is a possibility it was an unintended background change when making the "mythic " changes for the other assault battles.

For sure. Total possibility. Also doesn’t really concern me as it’s been beaten for a bit. Just hoping it’s a bug.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Possible.

But boy, this unintended change is very obvious. If they couldnt spot this before roll out we should all be very concerned about their ability to roll out new content. One has to wonder what the process looks like to roll out new or updated content. Looking at you Sith Raid.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    The change is annoying since they forgot to announce it. But figure it this way--they'll send us all an apology prize and we'll wind up getting our stun cuffs and such all the same.

Keep shaking the cage so they don't think they don't have to send the apology freebies :)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    The change is annoying since they forgot to announce it. But figure it this way--they'll send us all an apology prize

3 Clone Wars Chewie shards, here ya go!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    CptCheez wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    The change is annoying since they forgot to announce it. But figure it this way--they'll send us all an apology prize

3 Clone Wars Chewie shards, here ya go!

I think you mean 45 shard shop bucks, good for one Sensor Array Salvage!
  • Oberon1066 wrote: »
    I did tier 2 and bonus for the 1st time (3 stars on each, no characters defeated), but on tier 2 I received 1.2 million ship building materials rather than the max of 200K!!! Anybody else have this? I got the normal 200K on Tier 1 and bonus.

Don't read do ya? First time rewards always get you more
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    It’s def by star level as well as toon level. I can see my 5 star Sion can’t do the bonus level and my 3 star executioner can’t do Tier 2. Both are level 85
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The unofficial word, is.... we have to wait until Monday for any official comments about this. It cant be changed now, so it will run its course as is.
  • This is super disappointing for newer players. I managed to scrape through all three tiers last time with only a 7* Vader, KRU, and a 6* Palp. I was really looking forward to trying it again.

Do people with a full 7* squad even need the paltry rewards?
  • KwikShotaAce
    216 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I just got to the final tier of this event and was only allowed certain toons and i lost...but last time this event went on i was able to use nahillus for all tiers and 3 starred all of the tiers....now i cant use him and i get to yoda and lose...
    They definately changed the requirements and it has cost me getting the final tier done..although i already beat it last time with 3 stars...bummer
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    It hasn't cost you much though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I noticed this as well, I have a five star Nihilius and Sion at 4 Star (yes I spent the first and only ten dollars on this game..sue me) anyway, I used Nihilius the whole last time and now I couldn’t, mind you I now have a 7 Star KRU to replace him but it was a lot harder. I’m ok with it though. The event isn’t really that hard and if they make you have a star requirement i feel it gives more modivation to farm the first order and sith. It did change but I’m ok
  • I sympathise with those who are affected by this apparent change but in truth this event badly needs a rework since Palpatine's update.
  • Mattikin wrote: »
    I sympathise with those who are affected by this apparent change but in truth this event badly needs a rework since Palpatine's update.

In what aspect? The rewards are ok for those still doing the clones farm, which isnt it the most difficult or pressing. So if you up the difficulty to go up against zEP then what rewards would you put in to warrant extra difficulty?
  • Trust me when I say GS11 Palp (Lead), GS 11 Vader, GS 9 KRUM, GS 11 Maul, GS 8 KR temper tantrum, all omega, will carry the last tier with no issue. In fact Maul can just about Solo it with his unlimited basic.
  • Oberon1066 wrote: »
    I did tier 2 and bonus for the 1st time (3 stars on each, no characters defeated), but on tier 2 I received 1.2 million ship building materials rather than the max of 200K!!! Anybody else have this? I got the normal 200K on Tier 1 and bonus.

Don't read do ya? First time rewards always get you more

OK, thanks. Never had this much of anything before the first time I've completed it(that I can remember)
  • Mattikin wrote: »
    I sympathise with those who are affected by this apparent change but in truth this event badly needs a rework since Palpatine's update.

In what aspect? The rewards are ok for those still doing the clones farm, which isnt it the most difficult or pressing. So if you up the difficulty to go up against zEP then what rewards would you put in to warrant extra difficulty?
    I'm not suggesting tuning difficulty to the max to cope with zEP or the full power of the Sith Triumvirate, just proposing that the rework to EP has made it too easy.

This event originated prior to the Palpatine's rework, I'm not actually referring to the zeta ability but the constant health steal.

In the past the event required some planning for new players, either trying to get the timing right to annihilate Yoda before he starts or by making sure Palps had a stun or Vader had force crush ready, now you just need your toons to survive and Yoda will almost kill himself.

In regards to the 2nd point, I wouldn't be looking for any changes to rewards, if I was looking to make it harder than it historically had ever been or asking for a mythic sure but this event has become significantly easier than any of the other related events. Without trying to sound like a troll, I remember feeling a sense of accomplishment the first time I beat this event, likewise when I beat the hard and bonus tiers and it feels like this event has lost some of its spark due to it now being an auto battle.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    It hasn't cost you much though.

True, but not the point. This isn't like a Mythic or something else new that folks can't do. That's fine. This is something that people have been able to do that's been taken away from them. That's bad.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    And I already said I agreed with that. My comment was a response to the complaint that "it cost me getting the final tier done." That's true, but it's also true that the amount it cost isn't much.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    I just sincerely hope this thread doesn't disappear, and it's looked into as to maybe reload, and let us have another go at it. It's seems not everyone was givin word to have all there sith and FO ready.
    That's my two cents...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes wrote: »
    I just sincerely hope this thread doesn't disappear, and it's looked into as to maybe reload, and let us have another go at it. It's seems not everyone was givin word to have all there sith and FO ready.
    That's my two cents...

Its unlikely they will launch it again just because of this issue.

It does seem the requirements were changed, so really all we are waiting for (and holding pitchforks) is if this change is WAI or unintended....
  • Yeah, was so happy to get 6x 200k ship credits with the newly unlocked chimera and this stealth change just... 3 starred it all last time, but niw cant even do 2nd tier because i didnt spit out sion cash..