Please Leave Challenge Drops in Raids Rewards

1235Next

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    They aren't valuable enough to be called gold.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    They aren't valuable enough to be called gold.

Ca6j0ZA.gif
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • There's two ways to play this game 1) prioritize farming requirements and be smart with resource management 2) spend money.

If you can't do the former, then do the latter.
  • Go check my swgoh.gg profile, then judge it yourself on whether a poor resource management can get to this profile without spending a single cent in this game. Disclosure: account started Christmas 2015.

https://swgoh.gg/u/sloweagle/

• sloweagle wrote: »
    Go check my swgoh.gg profile, then judge it yourself on whether a poor resource management can get to this profile without spending a single cent in this game. Disclosure: account started Christmas 2015.

3.35M GP... Go back to your whale guild... oh wait
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    sloweagle wrote: »
    Go check my swgoh.gg profile, then judge it yourself on whether a poor resource management can get to this profile without spending a single cent in this game. Disclosure: account started Christmas 2015.

3.35M GP... Go back to your whale guild... oh wait

Lmao
  • I think they should do away with it in the raids I'm p2p and i still have over 2000 of them and find myself buying the prototypes and still can't put a dent in my salvage so i think they should not be in the raids especially HSITH you put in all the work for a chance at some great gear only to be crushed when you get two slots of challenge gear
  • See? The only way for me to catch up to people that started a year earlier is to spend a little bit of money here and there. And that's how this problem came about.

And to whoever asked, I have about 2k of the yellow pad main pieces. I barely use those, but you never know.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Indigø wrote: »
    See? The only way for me to catch up to people that started a year earlier is to spend a little bit of money here and there. And that's how this problem came about.

Why would you need to catch up to someone who started a year earlier?
  • TVF wrote: »
    See? The only way for me to catch up to people that started a year earlier is to spend a little bit of money here and there. And that's how this problem came about.

Because many guilds have a minimum GP requirement. Lots of F2P that started Dec 2015 are 3M+ GP

I'd say to catch up starting today you would have to put out about 100K USD worth of crystals
  • There's hardly an issue here, people that need challenge gear should be doing lower tiers and top players can always get something useful in higher tiers. If you are around lvl 70 to 85 and need challenge gear, then you shouldn't complain about this since you'll get irritated by getting challenge gear later on. It's not like you get much of the gear anyway so you're not losing much of that gear at all
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    sloweagle wrote: »

Not bad, you can give yourself a pat on the back. ;)
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    If you're amongst those few who has this problem, just do the same with salvages as you do with components: BUY them in Guild Store, Guild Event Store or even Shipments. If you're willing to spend on other gears, you can also spend on these eyeball salvages if you feel that this is the specific piece of gear that prevents you from advancing. The vast majority of people do not have this problem, so please don't try to screw them.

Although, this issue could be easily addressed by including another, dedicated reward slot for moderately used challenge gears (Mk6 hairdressers, Mk4 laptops, and these Mk8 eyeballs) in the reward pool. But I think that's not how CG works. :)
  • AllisonBrock
    73 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I agree that the BIO implant challenge piece should be retained in the raid rewards.
    Like Carbs, they will later become the demanding piece.

The other half of the gear crafting can be purchased at 375 crystals and can get easily filled fast. (that's basically 1 days worth of arena reword. and you can easily get a full yellow ball crafted by spending 700c (again possible to do with just 1-2 days arena's reward squad+fleet). The weekly challenge drop of the balls won't be earned fast enough.

The golden balls is practically used by EVERY character to g12. In alot of cases 2-3 balls are needed and not just one. If you expect to only farm this ball from challenges, it will take you many years to get all your toons to g12.
  • scuba wrote: »
    mk 8 biotech components are not challenge gear.

Yes they are. They come on carbanti days.
    Let's get it correct with pictures
    ic1TBS1.jpg
    Salavge is what comes on challenge day
    Prototype is what you have to find elsewhere.
    Then they must be combined

Please leave the Salvages in the raid rewards. It's heavily needed by high end players.
  • Indigø wrote: »
    This has to be the ingle most successful troll in the history of the forums. Don’t feed the trolls. Close the thread. Even CG has conceded that carbantis are in short supply and the only challenge gear worth keeping in raid rewards, and THEY have a profit motive. OP is only motivated by shaddenfruede.

Just because you don't have this problem doesn't mean that others don't. I didn't know I had an issue until I went to put on a gold ball and came up short.

And while I'm not f2p, I'm not a whale by any means. I barely get 1-2 vaults a month. Mostly using crystals to buy stun guns and stun gun prototypes.

"Barely get 1-2 vaults a month." Troll confirmed
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

Because many guilds have a minimum GP requirement. Lots of F2P that started Dec 2015 are 3M+ GP

I'd say to catch up starting today you would have to put out about 100K USD worth of crystals

Or you could find a good guild that doesn't care that your GP isn't 3m. There's a million guild officers fighting for good players, even at lower GP. I know, I'm one of them.

Or you could find a good guild that doesn't care that your GP isn't 3m. There's a million guild officers fighting for good players, even at lower GP. I know, I'm one of them.

GP requirements by themselves don't make much sense anyways. I'd rather accept a player with a low GP but a high arena rank cause it tells me they actually know what they're doing
  • This game has been out for a while now. Not everything that happens will benefit every player. This one won't benefit those who have been around a long time and spend money. Thanks for spending so this game was around for me to join in. I also spend a little money for those wondering. With so many toons requiring these it won't be hard for newer (I've played for 16 months) to run out of them. This is one of those times P2P needs to give something to the F2P base. I'm good with that, I say let it stay.
    This has to be the ingle most successful troll in the history of the forums. Don’t feed the trolls. Close the thread. Even CG has conceded that carbantis are in short supply and the only challenge gear worth keeping in raid rewards, and THEY have a profit motive. OP is only motivated by shaddenfruede.

Just because you don't have this problem doesn't mean that others don't. I didn't know I had an issue until I went to put on a gold ball and came up short.

And while I'm not f2p, I'm not a whale by any means. I barely get 1-2 vaults a month. Mostly using crystals to buy stun guns and stun gun prototypes.

You don't know me. Maybe I like this game. Maybe I have a video game addiction.

So what if he does spend money that doesn't make him a troll. He's got a voice the same as you. And I highly doubt you completely represent the player base. You can disagree all you want as that's your choice. How about we let him have his. Oh and I agree with him not you.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Buying vaults doesn't make you a troll. Saying you "barely buy 1-2 vaults a month" is a little insulting to the people that don't spend, however.
    Buying vaults doesn't make you a troll. Saying you "barely buy 1-2 vaults a month" is a little insulting to the people that don't spend, however.

Why?!? You have a game because of it. It's more insulting for F2P to complain that P2P get things. It's why we all have a game in the first place. And it's everyone's individual choice to spend or not which is even more reason to thank people who do.
  • Nomad1941 wrote: »

Why?!? You have a game because of it. It's more insulting for F2P to complain that P2P get things. It's why we all have a game in the first place. And it's everyone's individual choice to spend or not which is even more reason to thank people who do.

Not strictly true about us having the game at all. They could have put ads in to provide revenue to run the game. Thankfully they didnt and i do put that towards the people spending big money on this game. Should i be thankful that people are willing to spend money to gain a competitive edge? Not so sure on that one

On the main point of this thread, question for OP. Is it just the mk8 eyeball salvage you would want kept in or as your title suggests challenge gear in general? As that includes the mighty mk5 laptop which is hardly ever used.
  • Nomad1941 wrote: »

Not strictly true about us having the game at all. They could have put ads in to provide revenue to run the game. Thankfully they didnt and i do put that towards the people spending big money on this game. Should i be thankful that people are willing to spend money to gain a competitive edge? Not so sure on that one

On the main point of this thread, question for OP. Is it just the mk8 eyeball salvage you would want kept in or as your title suggests challenge gear in general? As that includes the mighty mk5 laptop which is hardly ever used.

I figure if they leave challenge gear in, there's less of a chance of something being nerfed or messed up. When they removed the gear briefly, they mentioned they kept carbantis, but didn't seem to be aware of the issue with the yellow balls. Better to just leave as is without making unnecessary changes.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nomad1941 wrote: »

I figure if they leave challenge gear in, there's less of a chance of something being nerfed or messed up. When they removed the gear briefly, they mentioned they kept carbantis, but didn't seem to be aware of the issue with the yellow balls. Better to just leave as is without making unnecessary changes.

The nerf on the heroic sith raid rewards is seemingly inevitable. To it looks like they're removing the challenge gear as a gesture of good will on their part to compensate for the upcomming nerf.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Nomad1941 wrote: »

I don't feel like it's explainable if you have to ask why. I appreciate whales. That wasn't the point.