The same node 12 every day... -- [DEV RESPONSE]

Replies

• Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Nodes are calculated off your highest power, so it is possible you've reached a bracket where your opponents are more homogenized than lower brackets.

We do not compose your opponent squads, all the system does is choose an existing squad relative to your power and assign it to you. The pool of squads available to you are player-created, so these will shift as the meta shifts, especially in the higher brackets.

This statement is inaccuatate. None of my characters are above GS 8, highest power is 11k yet today's node 12 is Zeta R2, Wedge 15k, Biggs 17k, Chirrut 18k, and Baze 18k. All their mods are maxed out 5* premium mods with Speed Primary stat. Really balanced team there and quite a challenge since they wiped my 60 man roster with ease.

GW is scaled to your Stat Power. Not the Galactic Power which you are referring to.

He still has a valid point.
    There's no reason he's playing this team given his roster. They need to fix GW to match GP now as the matchups are terribly unbalanced

The matchups would be terribly unbalanced with GP as well, or probably worse, because GP is an even worse metric for actual strength than the old power metric.

Neither one accounts for speed, so it wouldn't help this poster's complaint anyhow.

Then they should tune that to account for Zeta's, G12 and speed.

What should happen and what does happen are two different things.
  • Zolaz wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Nodes are calculated off your highest power, so it is possible you've reached a bracket where your opponents are more homogenized than lower brackets.

We do not compose your opponent squads, all the system does is choose an existing squad relative to your power and assign it to you. The pool of squads available to you are player-created, so these will shift as the meta shifts, especially in the higher brackets.

This statement is inaccuatate. None of my characters are above GS 8, highest power is 11k yet today's node 12 is Zeta R2, Wedge 15k, Biggs 17k, Chirrut 18k, and Baze 18k. All their mods are maxed out 5* premium mods with Speed Primary stat. Really balanced team there and quite a challenge since they wiped my 60 man roster with ease.

GW is scaled to your Stat Power. Not the Galactic Power which you are referring to.

He still has a valid point.
    There's no reason he's playing this team given his roster. They need to fix GW to match GP now as the matchups are terribly unbalanced

The matchups would be terribly unbalanced with GP as well, or probably worse, because GP is an even worse metric for actual strength than the old power metric.

Neither one accounts for speed, so it wouldn't help this poster's complaint anyhow.

Then they should tune that to account for Zeta's, G12 and speed.

What should happen and what does happen are two different things.

Well i mean yeah....
  • It's not really a complaint as much of, I don't have the experience of time playing the game to express my concern properly. GS 8 should not be seeing GS 12 Zeta or yellow banded characters. ZCLS, ZR2 can kill an entire team by themselves. GS 8 is like throwing a raft against an Aircraft Carrier.

It's not a challenge, it's not even a match to have the entire team killed in 2 turns. I don't expect to beat GW or get past all nodes every single time. I understand what it is about. It took me 3 months of stumbling blocks to get past node 6. Then I realized that GW is meant to teach you to use the entire roster and look at each squad and build a team to counter the team presented.

I finally was able to level Phoenix, my Jedi, my Jawas, my dark side team and some smugglers to have a good roster to handle what GW sends. I still stink in Arena. But I am ok with GW, when it offers a real challenge. An impossible task, not so much....
  • Nodes are calculated off your highest power, so it is possible you've reached a bracket where your opponents are more homogenized than lower brackets.

Opposing teams have too much tenacity, offense, potency, speed and crit ability to not be altered. I've been to around 50 in arena and have not seen any paying customer with the super powers these opponents have. Wouldn't it be super easy to just lower the calculation and let people have fun completing the task? Way too much frustration in what you are currently doing.

So if a player normally gets a level 90 opponent (Yeah, I know it's impossible for us to get that), then just set him up to get 85 instead. Doesn't seem like rocket science to fix it... but developer resistance seems completely silly. Just fix it. Let us play and have fun. It's the little things that either keep people coming back or just makes them throw up their hands in disgust and go play another game where developers actually listen and take action.

Do a focus group or send out a survey to customers and the LISTEN and ACT! You will be successful. Continuing to ignore will only lead you faster down the path to pushing customers to other games.
  • Lubuzero
    14 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    It's going on about 45 days since I've tried to change my tactics for clearing the GW table. I have all but given up on beating Node 12. Always they are fully maxed and well out of my range. I save my CLS group for last, g12 CLS (but my only g12 atm).

I can clear Node1 - 11 with one or two teams, I've got an empire, phoenix squad, scoundrel to pick from, they have no issues. Sometimes I even try doing the TM abuse trick to see if I can get them to start first on Node 12 - it doesn't work.

I have been at 247/250 table clears for about 65 days now. (give or take).

I'll post again in 45 days when this is still unresolved.
  • are old power values still used or not ? I am trying to re-break gw and node 12 is still a chore .
  • Mardowan wrote: »

Opposing teams have too much tenacity, offense, potency, speed and crit ability to not be altered. I've been to around 50 in arena and have not seen any paying customer with the super powers these opponents have. Wouldn't it be super easy to just lower the calculation and let people have fun completing the task? Way too much frustration in what you are currently doing.

So if a player normally gets a level 90 opponent (Yeah, I know it's impossible for us to get that), then just set him up to get 85 instead. Doesn't seem like rocket science to fix it... but developer resistance seems completely silly. Just fix it. Let us play and have fun. It's the little things that either keep people coming back or just makes them throw up their hands in disgust and go play another game where developers actually listen and take action.

Do a focus group or send out a survey to customers and the LISTEN and ACT! You will be successful. Continuing to ignore will only lead you faster down the path to pushing customers to other games.
    100x Yes!

Plenty of other challenges in the game, like Arenas, Assault Battles, Mod challenges, Thrawn, etc..

I do NOT need massive daily frustration and utter game every day in a game a game I pay and play to be entertaining.

PS: I just hit 85 and get CLS in every node 12, usually Zeta'ed and/or G12, while I have no Zetas or G12s (two g9s actually)
  • Whatever algorithm they are using to determine opponents is just broken. The game mode itself is fine, but they have to fix what you face. They dump teams that are far too high for you, and then their horrible RNG engine kicks in and opponents dodge all of your attacks and crit on all of theirs. Fix this all ready.
  • ColemanTrebor
    260 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Is GW meant to be a challenge with good rewards or something impossile while you really need the rewards
  • It’s impossible with not so good rewards really...
  • Faced an 8 zeta team yesterday with a G12 Mother. So, yeah, I'd say it's a bit out a whack.
  • It's very broken. I am no longer able to even beat the 3rd battle let alone the 12th. It's a joke.
  • Finally fixed!!!!!
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    So just to throw my issue with GW node 12 is a mixed bag of nuts. I am running an all 85 Phoenix, GS 10 Ezra, 9 Hera, 9 Kanan , 9 Sabine, 8 Zeb. All Omega, mainly health mods because I am still unlocking mod challenge content. Some days I clear it, most I don’t anymore.

Today’s node 12 is a 200 speed Emperor, 200 Speed Boba, 180 Speed Lando, 180 Speed Biggs, 168 Speed Wedge. All GS 12 with maxed out mods. What Wiggs don’t kill in opening attack Palpatine and Lando kill in their next move.

My total power is 68k. Their total power is 85k. I don’t even see teams like this in real arena and I am in the 400’s. Every other team I send in any combo is one shot in the same fashion. I feel like I am fighting mythic bb-8, but my protection mods are broken.
  • So just to throw my issue with GW node 12 is a mixed bag of nuts. I am running an all 85 Phoenix, GS 10 Ezra, 9 Hera, 9 Kanan , 9 Sabine, 8 Zeb. All Omega, mainly health mods because I am still unlocking mod challenge content. Some days I clear it, most I don’t anymore.

Today’s node 12 is a 200 speed Emperor, 200 Speed Boba, 180 Speed Lando, 180 Speed Biggs, 168 Speed Wedge. All GS 12 with maxed out mods. What Wiggs don’t kill in opening attack Palpatine and Lando kill in their next move.

My total power is 68k. Their total power is 85k. I don’t even see teams like this in real arena and I am in the 400’s. Every other team I send in any combo is one shot in the same fashion. I feel like I am fighting mythic bb-8, but my protection mods are broken.

Report this as a bug if this is happening because that’s not supposed to be the case any more. The hardest the last node should be is what a player who just achieved level 85 should be throwing at you.
  • I have 68 level 85 toons and I cannot complete GW no matter what I do this is making it so I do not want to play the game any more. Get to level 12 and wham loose every time. Beat GW 8 times almost 2 years ago and have not been able to win since. Why does it have to be so hard or should I say impossible? How am I suppose to win 142 more time so that I can use sim tickets? When I cannot even win once in 2 years. GW has become a joke I hardly play it because it is a waste of my time because it is to hard. I have 8000+ sim tickets, I will never be able to use them all. This game needs some serious changes as far as GW and sims tickets go. Please help? Frustrated and getting bored.
  • Microx wrote: »
    I have 68 level 85 toons and I cannot complete GW no matter what I do this is making it so I do not want to play the game any more. Get to level 12 and wham loose every time. Beat GW 8 times almost 2 years ago and have not been able to win since. Why does it have to be so hard or should I say impossible? How am I suppose to win 142 more time so that I can use sim tickets? When I cannot even win once in 2 years. GW has become a joke I hardly play it because it is a waste of my time because it is to hard. I have 8000+ sim tickets, I will never be able to use them all. This game needs some serious changes as far as GW and sims tickets go. Please help? Frustrated and getting bored.

If you haven't beat galactic war once in 2 years there is definitely something wrong with your roster I'm sorry to say.

Care to post a link to your swgoh.gg account so you can get some advice?
  • Zonkt

So the problem is your level of progression on your characters. You may have been playing for 2 years, but you don't actually do all your activities every day: burn all your energy, do all your challenges, etc.

Shortly after reaching 85 can, and often does include g12 characters. You only have 1 g11 character.

Not trying to be mean. Just pointing out that your level of progression is that of someone who just turned level 85. Galactic War is geared to be about where someone would be shortly after turning level 85.

In other words, you haven't even reached the level of progression where you match the level of difficulty in galactic war yet after 2 years. You have the level of progression of someone who has been playing for 6 months as far as your highest geared characters go. Now there's things to be said about not ranking highly in arena and being ftp, but if you don't play consistently you have no one but yourself to blame for not being able to finish your galactic wars.

I would strongly suggest you gear up your resistance to at least g9, with Poe at least g10, drop that zeta on Finn and you should be able to blow through galactic war 99% of the time.

it will mean farming pieces of gear that you need 50 of... multiple times. Galactic War is based on level instead of power now, so it is no longer a good idea to spread around your gear to gain an advantage in it, it is better to have one elite team and a lot of scrubs than a whole bunch of mediocre characters. It will work better for every single facet of the game.

So yeah, that's basically it. Don't expect to progress if you don't do all of your activities every day., Farm gear for your resistance team, put a zeta on Finn, farm harder gear, and quit spreading your gear around so much.
  • Play every day and I do all my activities it’s just that the Zeta doesn’t add up very fast. Appreciate the advice thanks for the reply. Thanks for your time and it will help me.
  • The main reason the gear is spread out so much is that there’s different activities that require different characters to progress which is a pain in the butt.
  • Tried building elite squad and then the game keeps coming out with new characters so I switch characters on my elite squad and they do it again and again it’s hard to do when they keep switching characters which should be the best ones
    Tried building elite squad and then the game keeps coming out with new characters so I switch characters on my elite squad and they do it again and again it’s hard to do when they keep switching characters which should be the best ones

I get that. Zetas definitely come slowly. The most important thing is to identify one squad that will improve your ability in practically every area of the game and stick with them. Worry about the next characters when those ones are done.

Resistance seems like they will do more for you than any other squad to me right now. Classic one with Poe, Finn, Trooper, Pilot, R2/scav Rey.

Once you are on the top of the pyramid on most things, then you can worry about keeping up with new characters. Those gear levels are your biggest detriment. Without at least one squad comprised of g11/g12 characters you are never going to get over the hump to where you can work on who you want and be effective.

I definitely understand wanting to spread gear around to beat all sorts of things too, but there's priorities. First priority is completing your recurring and daily activities. Galactic War is huge (so are the weekly-ish scoundrel events). It's your main source of credits in this game and without it progression is very slow. Second priority is squad arena, third is fleet, fourth is raids. fifth is events.
  • I have noticed that galactic war has gotten harder I have not won the 12th level in a long time. The devs really should make galactic war more fair and less hard
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    Same boat. Just turned 77, but the last couple at 76 and all since 77 the 12th node's been lvl 85 synergied teams that level me in short order.

I get it shouldn't be a cakewalk, but it shouldn't be impossible either. And, yes, it's literally impossible when you come in at 77 with a PS team at 62k and your first 3 turns are chopper, kanaan, and Hera and after that, the palpatine led empire side gets 20ish turns and wipes you out. No chance of retreat, no chance to try anything else, just a big fat middle finger. Haven't seen a non 85 full team on that 12th node in nearly a week.

When i can only omega basic attacks and the other side has 'maxed' on their abilities, it's far from a winnable fight.
  • cboath7 wrote: »
    Same boat. Just turned 77, but the last couple at 76 and all since 77 the 12th node's been lvl 85 synergied teams that level me in short order.

I get it shouldn't be a cakewalk, but it shouldn't be impossible either. And, yes, it's literally impossible when you come in at 77 with a PS team at 62k and your first 3 turns are chopper, kanaan, and Hera and after that, the palpatine led empire side gets 20ish turns and wipes you out. No chance of retreat, no chance to try anything else, just a big fat middle finger. Haven't seen a non 85 full team on that 12th node in nearly a week.

When i can only omega basic attacks and the other side has 'maxed' on their abilities, it's far from a winnable fight.

From about level 70-84, the last nodes get harder relative to your level. Once you hit level 85, it should get easier again as your roster grows because the difficulty gets capped at that point.