Will this team work for r2

Wardai
252 posts Member
Will this team work for r2d2 event to get 7 stars, Palp (hoping to get him next time around with my phoenix squad), Vader, TFP, Tarkin, ST. Also what should my gear requirements be for each if this will work.

Currently working on ST han in arena and Teebo in gw. I don't mind swapping to farm magma if this will work better.

My swgoh https://swgoh.gg/u/Wardai/collection/

Replies

• Wardai
    252 posts Member
    https://swgoh.gg/u/wardai750/collection/ Sorry I linked the wrong account like an ****, someone has the same name as me
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Sheev/Vader/TFP/Tarkin/ST is a fine lineup. G8 can work with good mods, but always aim higher than the minimum. Literally all of those characters are good to have at a solid gear level.

Magmatrooper isn't a bad unit, but can't really find a place on many decent teams. If you're trying to farm probe droid shards for your guild and don't have Shoretrooper or Deathtrooper yet, that's about the only use you're likely to see for Magmatrooper.
    Still not a he.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Your squad is fine, but why not use thrawn if your phoenix are 7*?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Random9 wrote: »
    Your squad is fine, but why not use thrawn if your phoenix are 7*?
    Looking at the collection, they were unable to get 7* Thrawn this time around. R2 will almost certainly return before the next Thrawn event, so 7* Thrawn won't be an option.

When I got 7* R2, I did a five trooper team because my Thrawn wasn't 7* yet.
    Still not a he.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Wasn't able to get thrawn to 7 star and my prediction is he might not come back around before R2 event, would love to use him as I've got his abilities to lvl 7 already and just need omegas.

I still need to look at what the minimum people will need for EP, but what would be a good replacement if that fails?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Palpatine is a MUCH easier event than Thrawn. Honestly, if your Phoenix squad was sufficient to get you 6* Thrawn, it's probably more than enough to get you 7* Palpatine.
    Still not a he.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Ah okay, so no need for any omegas on uniques or stuff like that needed? I'll just start saving up resources to power gear palp when he comes.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Save them up so that you can use them on Phoenix if you have to. If you don't, all the better; more for Palpatine.
    Still not a he.