Are these toons worth 7 starring?

So at the moment I have some darkside characters from the GW store that aren't too far away from 7*

Cad bane - 1/100
IG-86 - 49/85
Capt. Phasma - 5/85

I generally beat GW every day so I can't get 15 shards a day so getting them to 7* won't take a huge amount of time. Probably just a few weeks and I could have 3 more 7* DS toons.

My question is, is it worth it? Should I invest in these characters (I'm thinking yes to Cad because of the Solo movie). But just wanted a few thoughts.

Cheers

Replies

• Phasma definitely for getting BB8, also you can use her +50% TM and offence up and speed down in arena and raids under KRU,

IG-88 for special missions, bounty hunter teams (bossk)

Cad Bane until they will rework him is 5th wheel in credit heist, really bad for everything else, but plus side is that IF he will get a rework you can farm him in no time.
  • Cad is one of the top 5 weakest toons in the game, and is not part of the rework. 86 used to be decent in a Droid team before r2 bb8 and even chopper came out. Phasma is an easy farm if bb8 is your goal, but Kylo unmasked is a much better leader, if you actually plan to use a first order team.

My vote is to ignore them all and start farming shard shop currency, that's the only thing that will be of actual benefit to you right now.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    That’s the wrong IG-88 the bounty hunter one is in PVP currency.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Cad is one of the top 5 weakest toons in the game, and is not part of the rework.

This.

None of them are much good. Phasma is so-so but can be left out of an FO team. Bane is terrible and won't be in the upcoming BH rework. IG-88 is so-so...but will be in the BH rework.

Wouldn't bother with any of them.

Post edited by CoastalJames on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    eventually i would farm all of them, you never know when you'll potentially need them.
    If you're using GW tokens to buy shardshop currency you could always go half/half toons with low priority/shardshop currency, or with a different ratio.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Dxtrinc
    210 posts Member
    Cad is one of the top 5 weakest toons in the game, and is not part of the rework.

This.

None of them are much good. Phasma is so-so but can be left out of an FO team. Bane is terrible and won't be in the upcoming BH rework. IG-86 is so-so...not as good as IG-88, who is a little less so-so.

Wouldn't bother with any of them.

Oh did that get put in the announcement that he's not in the rework?
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    every toon is worth to 7*
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • If you are F2P just save the resources...
  • Never save resources that could be used to make you better right now. If any of these toons ever become useful you know they won't be hard to farm.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Get Phasma no matter what. She is useful for BB8. But also even outside of First Order teams she has a useful general leader ability that works for anyone and can be used in TW.
  • You need Cad Bane for DSTB as well, unless you have high hopes from Greedo
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Greedo is OK coupled with Zam. Those detonators can put out some hurt.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    If you are F2P just save the resources...
    Yes and no.
    I'm a big supporter of having a safety stock in all stores just in case, however they've recently announced that they won't put any new toons in the GW store (nor in the cantina and arena store for that matter), so your only options are buying shards for characters or for converting into shardshop currency.
    Having a safety stock is still usefull in case we'll need a specific character for something, but you've used up all your tokens on another character. If you clear GW every day you'll need a safety stock of 7200 tokens in order to farm a character from 0 shards to 7* as fast as possible without running out.
    That said, i've bought everything that is available in the store and i'm currently still sitting on 52k tokens, but that's just because i've been playing for a long time.

• Dxtrinc wrote: »

Bounty Hunter rework will only apply to "old school" Bounty Hunters - Boba, Dengar, Greedo, IG 88. And presumably, Big Bad B to make up the 5.
    Never save resources that could be used to make you better right now. If any of these toons ever become useful you know they won't be hard to farm.

Disagree. It is always sensible to be prudent. Always. You might have noticed, but the MO of this game is to drop suprises, suprises designed to make you panic farm...and spend money...if you've got resources in the bank? No panic.

• SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Dxtrinc wrote: »

Bounty Hunter rework will only apply to "old school" Bounty Hunters - Boba, Dengar, Greedo, IG 88. And presumably, Big Bad B to make up the 5.
    Never save resources that could be used to make you better right now. If any of these toons ever become useful you know they won't be hard to farm.

Disagree. It is always sensible to be prudent. Always. You might have noticed, but the MO of this game is to drop suprises, suprises designed to make you panic farm...and spend money...if you've got resources in the bank? No panic.

This 100%. Just create a new artificial zero so you always have some in the bank. Like treat 1 or 2 or 5 or 10 million as if it is zero and never spend below it... unless for "emergency".
  • I highly doubt any kind of ig-86 is coming soon. You are sacrificing improvements you could have right now for the slight chance that there might be a panic farm. Hang on to a few credits sure, but GW tokens, no.
  • SeanutB wrote: »
    Just create a new artificial zero so you always have some in the bank. Like treat 1 or 2 or 5 or 10 million as if it is zero and never spend below it... unless for "emergency".

Well put. My "zero" is 30 million credits and 1000 crystals.

• I would say Phasma. She can help round out a FO team that can get you BB8 if you don't have 5 FO toons at 7* already. Even if you don't, she has some utility in raids, so she won't be a wasted farm.

Cad Bane is a character I maxed out solely on the need for another scoundrel to bring me to 5 for the CH events. If you have 5 scoundrels already, don't bother.

IG-86 is actually pretty slick in some teams and could be a lot of fun.

But honestly, if you've got a complete FO squad, I'd just spend the currency on ships.
  • Phasma: Until you get Kylo Ren Unmasked (KRU) she will be your FO leader
    IG-86: Meh
    Cad Bane: Credit heist, Bountyhunter (not getting a rework this time around though)
    If you have Zeb for Phoenix and K-2SO for his ship/Rogue One tag go get them.
    The characters in GW arent very good. But if you just started (which is what I get from the question) I'd say getting them 7* g8 is worth it, not much more
  • Dxtrinc
    210 posts Member
    When you say farming shard shop yoean buying 7* chacte
    SeanutB wrote: »
    Just create a new artificial zero so you always have some in the bank. Like treat 1 or 2 or 5 or 10 million as if it is zero and never spend below it... unless for "emergency".

Hoooly jumpins! My zero is zero and zero. I should obviously take a week or 2 and out some stuff aside?

Also how did you get 30 million credits?!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    When you say farming shard shop yoean buying 7* chacters?!

yes, in order to buy gear in the "shard shop"
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    My zero is zero and zero.

Mine was too, until about a month ago.

And how did I get 30 mill? Everyone can get them...I've just been very, very careful in spending them!
  • Dxtrinc wrote: »
    When you say farming shard shop yoean buying 7* chacte
    SeanutB wrote: »

Hoooly jumpins! My zero is zero and zero. I should obviously take a week or 2 and out some stuff aside?

Also how did you get 30 million credits?!

I recently found myself able to carry about 10 mil. I'm at 1.7M GP and have built several teams. I'm at the point where I don't have to have another team immediately and I need to wait for purple ability mats. I'm able to bring toons to level 85 well before I have the ability mats to make them really useful...so I hold of spending money to level until their abilities start going up. Also, mods can suck up money. Be careful what mods you level up. When you're going to farm mods, start saving credits beforehand.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Fahrius wrote: »
    every toon is worth to 7*

cyrus-head-tilt-.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I recently found myself able to carry about 10 mil. I'm at 1.7M GP and have built several teams. I'm at the point where I don't have to have another team immediately and I need to wait for purple ability mats. I'm able to bring toons to level 85 well before I have the ability mats to make them really useful...so I hold of spending money to level until their abilities start going up. Also, mods can suck up money. Be careful what mods you level up. When you're going to farm mods, start saving credits beforehand.

Well put...I've been working hard on my Arena team. Hasn't been any need to spend credits on them. And there's nothing else that tickles my fancy to farm right now...meta is out of my reach and looks dull for me anyway. So I'm holding off. Nice to have some reserves behind me as the future unfolds.

• Revi
    573 posts Member
    Phasma 100% should 7*.

IG86 and Cad are junk and even if they are required later you can always 7* them quick I mean it GW...
  • Well you can definitely farm Phasma easier that FOST, and he gives you 25% TM, not 50%, like Phasma.. Just saying... ;)