Zader rancor advice?

Any tips on how to get a viable rancor team?

With Zader, TFP, Tarkin, Teebo, and Dooku I barely manage 300-400k. What do I need to do differently? More gear? Better mods? Different lineup?

https://swgoh.gg/u/mobacnathe/

Replies

• R2 to keep teebo stealthed and drop dooku
  • Under a Zader lead you want TMR. Dooku has got to go. His multi attack feeds the rancor TM. Kinda counterproductive to what a Zader team is trying to achieve. You want Jyn ASAP! Rex is great if you aren’t close to having Thrawn. My team can pretty much auto solo the HPit. Zader TFP Thrawn Jyn Tarkin. Hope this helps. Didn’t actually looks a your roster. Just go for those 5 if you wanna run Zader and you will not be disappointed.
  • Dooku is actually decent as his multi attacks gain TMR under Zader lead.
    You probably need more consistent TMR, such as Jyn rather than Teebo.
  • MobacNathe wrote: »

With Zader, TFP, Tarkin, Teebo, and Dooku I barely manage 300-400k. What do I need to do differently? More gear? Better mods? Different lineup?

Jyn and rex. Get speed up to 190 minimum. Gear 9 or 10. Enjoy doing 6-8 mil damage
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Zader lead, jyn, bistan, tfp, and thrawn/Rex can one-team the whole raid so long as jyn and bistan are over 200 speed with high potency (fairly easy considering) and at least gear 8.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Use different lineup

no zader, he is horrible.
  • Magma trooper is king his basic can hit 2 times 2 times to reduce TM and his special can reduce TM 2 ties also.
    If you have Thrawn put him under Zader fracture is king in the event.
    Also use the TM reduce specials of tarkin and magma if the Rancor is at 50% or more turn meter.
    Ok just checked your gg profile, Try gearing Tarkin and magma.
    I would use Zader, Tarkin, Magma, Nihilus (he gets 100k dmg with annihilate), and Tie fighter pilot.(not sure this team can solo)
    I use zader, Thrawn, Tarkin, Magma and Zidius, and can solo the rancor.(and i dont mod them for speed)

no zader, he is horrible.

That’s funny cause my zader team can solo it on auto. Not all of us have to use the easy button aka CLS.
  • But it is slow, especially compared to CLS..

@MobacNathe go with Zader, Palp, DN, TFP, and Teebo, give teebo max potency and speed. See how that team fares.
  • But it is slow, especially compared to CLS..

@MobacNathe go with Zader, Palp, DN, TFP, and Teebo, give teebo max potency and speed. See how that team fares.

It’s not that much slower. I finished 10 minutes after two guys in my guild that use CLS. And since it was on auto it really didn’t waste any of my time. Teebo is full manual plus Teebo works better with R2 throwing stealth out.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Under a Zader lead you want TMR. Dooku has got to go. His multi attack feeds the rancor TM. Kinda counterproductive to what a Zader team is trying to achieve. You want Jyn ASAP! Rex is great if you aren’t close to having Thrawn. My team can pretty much auto solo the HPit. Zader TFP Thrawn Jyn Tarkin. Hope this helps. Didn’t actually looks a your roster. Just go for those 5 if you wanna run Zader and you will not be disappointed.

Is Thrawn better slow or fast? Ive heard slow is best because fracture lasts longer. Im wanting to replace my teebo team so i can auto it. Will this work:

Zader g10
    ZzThrawn g11
    TFP g11
    Jyn g8 (235 spd)
    ZTarkin (unique) - or I have g8 magma. Also g11 shore....

Was hoping to find out before i spend a zeta on vader since i wouldnt have much use for him elsewhere....
  • well with just peak at your zader hes mods are lvl 12 up them to 15, also you have 5 speed and 1 potency mod fix that , theebo can be okish but he rally needs insane speed and tfp also for keeping tenacity down on rancorn. As mentioned b4 zader,tfp,jyn,thrawn, tarkin just destroys rancorn on auto play.
  • How is Zader, with magma, emp palp, tarkin, and rex? Will that team still do well? I've got a heroic tonight im interested in trying it out with. Only zader and tarkin are gear 10. Rest are 8
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I dont think you'll last too long without jyn. Rancor will get a few turns and at those levels it can get bad fast.
  • Quick update: I focused on gearing up Tarkin and did some work on mods. Ran Zader, TFP, DN, Teebo, and Tarkin. I put up 3.5 mil and could have kept going but had to switch to auto. I don't know that this team will ever auto it but I'm 90% of the way to soloing.
  • Nice job man! Hope your team continues to get better.
  • What do you think of this lineup in current state of things:
    Zader, tfp, gmf, Thrawn, Magmatrooper?

All around 200 speed, gear 8-11
  • It should be doable, maybe not on auto, but should be able to do it on manual if you get your timing right for culling blade and tm reduction with tarkin and magma trooper.

Provided of course gmf is tarkin
  • I had my first solo run with Zader, palpy, CLS, Tarkin and Thrawn. I think took roughly 30 minutes on manual.

One hit per round, and lost Palpy and Tarkin in the final phase.

Just had to manage tarkin's special and thrawn's fracture (having CLS ready with his special was also good for business)
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    It should be doable, maybe not on auto, but should be able to do it on manual if you get your timing right for culling blade and tm reduction with tarkin and magma trooper.

Provided of course gmf is tarkin

Grand Moff Far***?
  • Looked at op roster and was like how in the world can’t he solo? Then I realized this thread is from December 2nd... btw there are a LOT of different viable teams. I just started December 1st and don’t have jyn and my characters are a mash up of well geared and garbage geared so I put together a team of jtr, bb8, CLS, thrawn, and first order officer and it auto clears in 17 min even with CLS and thrawn only g8.
  • Lol. Yes, super easy solo now.