Places of Power Requirements

13Next

Replies

• Yeah, was so happy to get 6x 200k ship credits with the newly unlocked chimera and this stealth change just... 3 starred it all last time, but niw cant even do 2nd tier because i didnt spit out sion cash..

Sion is far from the only character that can be used, there are plenty of f2p FO/Sith.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Yeah, was so happy to get 6x 200k ship credits with the newly unlocked chimera and this stealth change just... 3 starred it all last time, but niw cant even do 2nd tier because i didnt spit out sion cash..

Sion is far from the only character that can be used, there are plenty of f2p FO/Sith.

Of course there is, but i didn't farm them because they didn't tell us we'd need to. Already played that event and didnt need to improve on chars.

Of course there is, but i didn't farm them because they didn't tell us we'd need to. Already played that event and didnt need to improve on chars.

Same, but you specifically stated that you couldn't do the event because you didn't whale on sion.

I'm not too bummed overall because we all have to farm 5 7* FO anyway and as someone mentioned the rewards for this are nominal. Just would have been nice to know in advance.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Ryanswgoh16
    146 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I think they added recently in an update post that they were changing requirements for assault battles, ill see if i can find it

Edit: looked and saw that it only affected forest and moon ground war
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    I was enjoying watching my new FO Executioner crush the puny Jedi...and then noticed the game took him out in tier 3. Kind of frustrating - especially since nothing in-game lists the requirements as "7 Star toons."

It's now Monday - any word on this?
  • This was my first time being able to see a bonus tier in an assault battle, so I didn't realize this had been changed, but it was a bit confusing that the tier didn't state the requirements. Would have been nice to try it. Oh well, maybe in a couple of months when First Order is done...
  • @Kyno should we expect word on this today?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno should we expect word on this today?

Maybe....

Soon....

Kinda/sorta.....

Almost....

I have no idea.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno should we expect word on this today?

Maybe....

Soon....

Kinda/sorta.....

Almost....

I have no idea.

Haha, thank you.
  • August ?
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Nah that mound under the carpet is growing and growing..... the silence is deafening got to love this new communication so much better than being ignored everytime things go wrong...... ohhhhh wait.....
  • Not that I'm complaining, my sith team 3 star all the levels on auto... I honestly think it was easier than the last time it came up..
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    Nah that mound under the carpet is growing and growing..... the silence is deafening got to love this new communication so much better than being ignored everytime things go wrong...... ohhhhh wait.....

This happened over the weekend.... maybe give them a day or so to get the information. The person who puts it out is not the person with the answers nor are they the one that has to approve it.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Boxxy wrote: »
    It's because they released a OP 3 star character called sion that wrecks the event.

As opposed to the f2p monster who wrecks this event??

Have you met maul?

Not really the point anyway. Having a 3* Nihilus made the bonus tier a joke anyways as you could just annihilate all your problems and after a while he had far more health than anyone else on your team.

Sion didn't wreck this event by any means lol. I was, however, looking forward to using Fox in the event but sadly couldn't use him in the bonus tier as he's only 5*. Was hoping I could really boost his health in that long encounter of 8 waves, but only got to use him in the first two tiers.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member

This happened over the weekend.... maybe give them a day or so to get the information. The person who puts it out is not the person with the answers nor are they the one that has to approve it.

I reported this in the Bug Reports system, since it wasn't listed there, and the forums are not the appropriate place for bugs. I'm going to assume it was unintended - because if it was intended it represents another breach of communication trust.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    jkray622 wrote: »

I reported this in the Bug Reports system, since it wasn't listed there, and the forums are not the appropriate place for bugs. I'm going to assume it was unintended - because if it was intended it represents another breach of communication trust.

People do make mistakes sometimes. Breath it will be ok.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Who you calling breath?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited April 2018

Ha, I know. I'm not stressed. I had no issue completing the event.

But for a team that is stressing transparency and increased communication to make a change like this (albeit a minor one) and omit that communication, this is not a confidence builder.

The lack of acknowledgment of the mistake (or even that they're "looking into it") also doesn't inspire confidence. Just seems to have issues like this happen every week.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018

Ha, I know. I'm not stressed. I had no issue completing the event.

But for a team that is stressing transparency and increased communication to make a change like this (albeit a minor one) and omit that communication, this is not a confidence builder.

The lack of acknowledgment of the mistake (or even that they're "looking into it") also doesn't inspire confidence. Just seems to have issues like this happen every week.

Here you go.
    They are looking into it.

Post edited by Kyno on
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    :D
  • The bugs forum have commented on this now:

"The requirements for the event "Places of Power" have indeed changed slightly. All previously recommended units are now the required units. Sorry that this wasn't explicitly called out in the patch notes, but I hope this clarifies the situation". Slightly lol

and:

"The requirements did indeed change from 5-star characters to 7-star ones as intended. It wasn't explicitly called out in the Patch notes, sorry that this was missed". It never used to have 5* requirements did it?
  • The bugs forum have commented on this now:

"The requirements for the event "Places of Power" have indeed changed slightly. All previously recommended units are now the required units. Sorry that this wasn't explicitly called out in the patch notes, but I hope this clarifies the situation". Slightly lol

and:

"The requirements did indeed change from 5-star characters to 7-star ones as intended. It wasn't explicitly called out in the Patch notes, sorry that this was missed". It never used to have 5* requirements did it?

Same ole same ole. Thanks for updating.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    z6zmcyL.jpg

etH0OCy.jpg

Yes this seems to an intended change. I'm sure we will see an update to the notes at some point.
  • As part of the update to Assault Battles I instituted a bunch of changes to ensure a consistent experience across all of them. One of these was to make Bonus Tiers require 7-Star units. This change slipped through the cracks when compiling patch notes, that's on me. As part of the Assault Battle updates, Bonus Tiers are going to be changed to require 7-Star units. You already see this in Places of Power. The change will become universal across all Assault Battles in a future content update.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    As part of the update to Assault Battles I instituted a bunch of changes to ensure a consistent experience across all of them. One of these was to make Bonus Tiers require 7-Star units. This change slipped through the cracks when compiling patch notes, that's on me. As part of the Assault Battle updates, Bonus Tiers are going to be changed to require 7-Star units. You already see this in Places of Power. The change will become universal across all Assault Battles in a future content update.

Ty cap! And you answered the question I was going to ask next and all.
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    As part of the update to Assault Battles I instituted a bunch of changes to ensure a consistent experience across all of them. One of these was to make Bonus Tiers require 7-Star units. This change slipped through the cracks when compiling patch notes, that's on me. As part of the Assault Battle updates, Bonus Tiers are going to be changed to require 7-Star units. You already see this in Places of Power. The change will become universal across all Assault Battles in a future content update.

Really dislike that there was a huge increase to the requirements with 0 change to the rewards.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Doesn't this just bring the event in line with some of the other events though?