PS minimums for Palp

Wardai
252 posts Member
Just a general question that some people may also need answered with Palp coming around soon, what are the minimums required (Ability/gear wise) for 7*? Would like a precise idea rather then just a save up omegas and throw them on if needed as this would require me to invest away from fleet/rex/vader to get omegas (I'm in the 100-200 range in arena so 1200 fleet currency a day)

Replies

• Yerff_Caasi
    736 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I've been told (though I don't yet know if it's accurate) that if you can get 7* Thrawn, you can use the same squad to get 7* Palp, since he's easier. I got 7* Thrawn with this squad (no changes since the event): https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/squads/11858/ So I'm expecting to pull 7* Palp with these guys as well. We'll see if it works.
    You should have no problem with unlock for sure. I unlocked him with less than you have now.
    Hope this helps.
    Post edited by Yerff_Caasi on
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    You can get palpatine with what you have. The pakpatine event has been powercreeped into simpleness.

Mods didnt exist when the event was released. The level cap was 75ish. Wedge was a super rare p2p toon. Omegas didnt exist yet.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    ATM my phoenix has my arena mods (still deciding when is the right time to transition probably after i get palp), anyway thanks if I don't need omegas I'll just keep to my current farming strategy. I know people said if you get 7* thrawn, I only got 6* so was a bit skeptical.
  • I only have 6* Thrawn, and I've found that event pretty tough for me. I have Ezra @g10, 3xg9, then Zeb at g8. My speed is only a few off the speed of Yerff's when Yerff did it for the top 3, then it's actually faster for Kanan & Zeb.

It would be nice to push Hera to g10, but the only gear she's missing is a stun gun, and everyone needs those - including Zeb x 2 if I ever want Zeb to hit g9. So I let phoenix slide as just too hard to gear while I've gone on to finish my Imperial Troopers and build up NS, gear my JTR + a couple other toons. It's hard to justify gearing Phoenix when there are so many better toons out there if the only time I'm ever going to use them is getting Thrawn's 7th star.
  • I only have 6* Thrawn, and I've found that event pretty tough for me. I have Ezra @g10, 3xg9, then Zeb at g8. My speed is only a few off the speed of Yerff's when Yerff did it for the top 3, then it's actually faster for Kanan & Zeb.

It would be nice to push Hera to g10, but the only gear she's missing is a stun gun, and everyone needs those - including Zeb x 2 if I ever want Zeb to hit g9. So I let phoenix slide as just too hard to gear while I've gone on to finish my Imperial Troopers and build up NS, gear my JTR + a couple other toons. It's hard to justify gearing Phoenix when there are so many better toons out there if the only time I'm ever going to use them is getting Thrawn's 7th star.

Phoenix is also great for GW, TW defense, and LSTB, even certain Raid phases. BTW, I don't know if you put omegas on your Phx, but I needed a few. Potency on Zeb is also important--mine's over 50%. Besides that, it was just RNG. I did the event a lot of times.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    I read somewhere that for thrawn people needed omegas on their uniques (supposedly a lvl 77 did it full rng, wish i got that :neutral: ) and atm I''m suffering in the gw department now dealing with chaze (with an zeta'd r2 today) which is why I just made this post as I'm in the same boat as MasterSeedy, rather not gear them/upgrade abilities more than I need to.
  • Well I do understand the hesitation, but if your struggle is GW, Phx could be the answer. I get some pretty tough teams in mine too, but Phx has the survivabity to handle it. I run Phx every day in GW, and it's rare that they don't all survive from start to finish. Most days I can even let them do it on full auto, though lately I've started needing to do the last three nodes manually.
  • I got Thrawn at 7* thanks to the omegas on uniques. Started as level 79 and had a number of efforts where I beat just a deathtrooper but then I hit level 80 mid-event and had enough omegas to do all 4 that opened up (Chopper is lvl 82) and did on the 2nd/3rd attempt after.

Haven't touched my Phoenix team since while building up Empire and hoping it's good enough for Palp.

https://swgoh.gg/u/tekkaredsloth/collection/?f=phoenix
  • My Phoenix team was mid 70s in levels when I got Palpatine. No omegas with arena mods

Phoenix is also great for GW, TW defense, and LSTB, even certain Raid phases. BTW, I don't know if you put omegas on your Phx, but I needed a few. Potency on Zeb is also important--mine's over 50%. Besides that, it was just RNG. I did the event a lot of times.

To be fair, if he's got JTR, I don't think he's worried about LSTB, Raids (besides HSith), or GW. The only advantage they have MAY be TW defense, but getting JTR up is way more important, along with making sure your Palpatine is really good. You're right though, get the omegas for uniques definitely, then some of the normal abilities need it too. I wouldn't worry about zetas for them at all, but upgrade otherwise, yes

To be fair, if he's got JTR, I don't think he's worried about LSTB, Raids (besides HSith), or GW. The only advantage they have MAY be TW defense, but getting JTR up is way more important, along with making sure your Palpatine is really good. You're right though, get the omegas for uniques definitely, then some of the normal abilities need it too. I wouldn't worry about zetas for them at all, but upgrade otherwise, yes

That's a good point--I just wouldn't know that, since I don't have JTR yet. And looking at his roster, he doesn't either, nor does he seem even close to ready for the next event.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    My goals atm are an empire team/cls with a farming strat of TFP/ST/ST Han then leia. Atm I'm really counting on getting 7 star palp i'll get 3 omegas soon off of hitting lvl 80 achievement. Also what uniques would you priorities atm if I'm looking at upgrading them.

GW I could swap to magma but farming teebo atm doesn't really matter to me if I've got to swap for next r2 event.
  • Wardai wrote: »
    My goals atm are an empire team/cls with a farming strat of TFP/ST/ST Han then leia. Atm I'm really counting on getting 7 star palp i'll get 3 omegas soon off of hitting lvl 80 achievement. Also what uniques would you priorities atm if I'm looking at upgrading them.

GW I could swap to magma but farming teebo atm doesn't really matter to me if I've got to swap for next r2 event.

Get all of the uniques
  • If you were able to at least attempt 7* Thrawn (meaning you unlocked 6* and have Phoenix at 7*), you should be able to get Palpatine no problem. I feel that Thrawn's 6* tier is harder than the final tier for Palpatine.

Just get the omega on the uniques if you want to play it safe. Gear 8 is more than enough.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Just noticed I get one a day (omegas) after you hit 80, was sought of worried because I thought I might have to invest fleet into omega which already would take me 2 days to get one. Also did get to the last phase on thrawn but couldn’t get th buffs off the DTs quick enough and got stomped.
  • I've been told (though I don't yet know if it's accurate) that if you can get 7* Thrawn, you can use the same squad to get 7* Palp, since he's easier. I got 7* Thrawn with this squad (no changes since the event): https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/squads/11858/ So I'm expecting to pull 7* Palp with these guys as well. We'll see if it works.
    You should have no problem with unlock for sure. I unlocked him with less than you have now.
    Hope this helps.

100% you can beat Palpatine with you Thrawn characters
  • Yes, I found this out last month when I earned my 7* Palp. Easy peasy, comparatively.
  • Kiss your GW troubles away once you have EP. I have not lost a GW for 2 months, soon I will have completed 150 and once I hit level 85 (83 now) you can then just sim the sucker.

EP event is WAY easier than the thrawn. I am barely going to make it for the Thrawn Mythic, I will have Erza G9 and likely the rest G8 with Omegas on uniques and hoping I can squeak out a 7* Thrawn after 30 tries of dealing with RNG
  • My 5* Palp is a solid pinch hitter, should be easy enough to get him 7* then I'll have my Empire team most of the way complete (a ways off getting Deathtrooper farmable). Can't wait to see him at 7* and he's ready to go to gear X as soon as he hits 80.

Just got Ezra up to IX and the others depend are VIII and change.

Sadly I don't have time to Omega all the things due to level. Should be alright though as I have semi decent speed (especially on Ezra).

It'll be months before I can even attempt the super shiny though, CLS/JTR. Even BB8 for that matter.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF