Quest video

Can someone summarize it? Too long for my taste. Thanks

Replies

• gufu21
    335 posts Member
    I've watched most of it and I still don't get what this is supposed to be.
  • gufu21 wrote: »
    I've watched most of it and I still don't get what this is supposed to be.

Lol well that's a helpful video then eh?
  • You must find the thing that is unfindable and stick it in the thing that was lost on purpose. One is buried on an uncharted island the other is worn around the neck of a Quarran named Dutch who is captain of Jabba’s sail barge. This will lead you to something that is a secret to everyone.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    A quest is longer, and more involved than a daily activity. But it's faster, and of more significance than the achievements that just kinda happen for us over time when we aren't paying attention to them. It's some kind of task/reward system that is between the two.

Parts of it are meant to direct newer players on game skills they needs to understand to progress. But there will also be "prestige quests" that are quite difficult for level 85 players.

They want to see how players interact with it, but CG Carrie mused about the possible idea of guild leaders eventually being able to set quests for the guild.
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    It's quick. Slip of the tongue because that's what has been talked about behind the scenes so often? Very Possibly:
    https://youtu.be/OzFDt8kKSv0?t=1143

Wait for it...it happens just after 19 mins.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Here are my notes. I make no assertions about the accuracy of anything i said here.

Edit: I spell things wrong
    Eric is shy.

Carrie is in charge (dont mess with her)

Tim "has all the power", that Carrie lest him have.

Quests is a new game mode. soon, but not like soon soon, but yeah soon.
    - wasn't in road ahead, they wanted to be more sure of the goings on to announce it.
    - Carrie went way way back - 2 driving objectives, achievements and dailies, then everything else is self driven.
    - quests will be less self driven but not a direct time consuming thing to do, just background stuff "to do"
    - good for new players to help in the general guidance of how to "develop" and "play the game"
    - for older players scale up to level 85 and cover all game modes, then have difficult "capstone quests" for a real challenge and goals for older players
    - trying to marry it to a narrative
    - Carrie is a huge nerd and loves to talk about it :smiley:
    - trying to bridge the gap of player types, collectors and super competative
    - these should feel "seamless" to game play and help the "narrative"
    - quests will come from the NPCs in the cantina
    - talk about how this is like other things thats just a test to see how they can expand this idea.
    - "fight the hutt????" doesn't seem likely
    - help drive new players to be better at the end and help "increase end game competition"

Starter Guilds
    - create ideal experience for new players
    - leader is filled by a bot and launches raids and stuff
    - quests will steer players toward being able to do guild stuff
    - train new players to be a guild leader
    - help them to be better at raiding and all guild stuff before they get to a "real guild"
    - can be opted out to then move on when a player feels comfortable
    - inactive players will be removed after a period of time to bring in a new "new player"

open questions
    when will we get Hondo hero journey? maybe, no comment.

how far out is the calendar? Carrie has a 3 year road map, its fuzzy at the end, but as we get closer things get more filled in and more clear. its fluid and always changing, but they strive to hit the big points. TW, TB for example

- QOL list is over 1000 items long, and they like to plan and try to check those off the list.

How is decided between what is getting "fixed" on a QOL? they fight it out. then they make a list and Carrie decides. not really, they examine what can be done and try to get things done that are both important to the community and what the data shows.

What is going on with tools outside the game? they do work with them, and its a balance...
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Hando hero journey?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Hondo.

Whoever that is.

And Kyno forgot the 5 MSF ads.(or more, stopped counting)
  • Ozwyn
    20 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Here are my notes. I make no assertions about the accuracy of anything i said here.

And tonight’s award for suffering so that those who cannot hear can understand goes to ...

XD

Seriously, thanks, this was MUCH appreciated. Your sacrifice was not in vain!

• Kyno wrote: »

Eric is shy.

- wasn't in road ahead, they wanted to be more sure of the goings on to announce it.
    - Carrie went way way back - 2 driving objectives, achievements and dailies, then everything else is self driven.
    - quests will be less self driven but not a direct time consuming thing to do, just background stuff "to do"
    - good for new players to help in the general guidance of how to "develop" and "play the game"
    - for older players scale up to level 85 and cover all game modes, then have difficult "capstone quests" for a real challenge and goals for older players
    - talk about how this is like other things thats just a test to see how they can expand this idea.
    - help drive new players to be better at the end and help "increase end game competition"

Starter Guilds
    - help them to be better at raiding and all guild stuff before they get to a "real guild"
    - inactive players will be removed after a period of time to bring in a new "new player"

open questions

how far out is the calendar? Carrie has a 3 year road map, its fuzzy at the end, but as we get closer things get more filled in and more clear. its fluid and always changing, but they strive to hit the big points. TW, TB for example

- QOL list is over 1000 items long, and they like to plan and try to check those off the list.

How is decided between what is getting "fixed" on a QOL? they fight it out. then they make a list and Carrie decides. not really, they examine what can be done and try to get things done that are both important to the community and what the data shows.

What is going on with tools outside the game? they do work with them, and its a balance...

I don’t care who they hire- you’re the people’s community manager.
    Thanks Kyno! You truly go above and beyond.
    Nice to know they have a road map of 3 years.

Also- we should just stop asking them if certain toons are coming into the game, they can’t say it at all.

We re definitely living in a nerd world now- but would love to know what kind of nerd. I mean it’s silly to think someone would officially say - I’m not that big into Star Wars -while working on this game but what type of nerd is Carrie?

Thank you, Kyno, that was thorough, yet succinct! <3

• "Not soon but kinda soon..."

:smiley:

I stopped at that point.
  • Ugnaught wrote: »
    It's quick. Slip of the tongue because that's what has been talked about behind the scenes so often? Very Possibly:
    https://youtu.be/OzFDt8kKSv0?t=1143

Wait for it...it happens just after 19 mins.

I wouldn't make too much of that. They also keep saying "7* or higher", but then assuring us they aren't intending to add another star.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Maybe like how they introduced field research to pokemon go, daily quests that lead to a bigger reward?
  • CG_Erik
    30 posts EA Administrator
    edited April 2018
    Eric is shy.

I'm not all that shy...these guys just have more interesting things to say than I do ;)
  • >- QOL list is over 1000 items long, and they like to plan and try to check those off the list.

so where is this list? How can we plebians do anything about it?

Personal QoL plug as Arena Payout times interfere with my work.... :(

Eric is shy.

Starter Guilds

open questions

Also- we should just stop asking them if certain toons are coming into the game, they can’t say it at all.

Apart from porkins :( Personally would be happy with porkins shards as rewards for quests
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Hondo.

Whoever that is.

Hondo and he is way cooler than any of this KOTOR garbage
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Hondo.

Whoever that is.

Ads are tailored to your browsing habits, so Kyno probably didn't get 5 MSF ads. ;)

On topic, I've felt something needed to tie together short term progression, long term achievements and learning the features and mechanics of the game, so I'm excited to hear something like this is coming.
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    Hahhahah
    Chickenfet! What a throw back from Zelda... hahhahah. Awesome just awesome.

• Hondo and he is way cooler than any of this KOTOR garbage
    [/quote]

You sir...are fake news lol.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Kodimus wrote: »
    On topic, I've felt something needed to tie together short term progression, long term achievements and learning the features and mechanics of the game, so I'm excited to hear something like this is coming.
    Yeah, it's nice to have something for newer players to use as guideposts. A couple of my friends gave up early on because they just weren't that into the game, mainly because once you finish that tutorial and do your first few battles it's obvious that the rest of the game is just a progression of "Now you can do this, but over here, too!" A couple quests, or whatever, will hopefully keep people interested past the early part where you're just working on your roster.
    You sir...are fake news lol.
    Bad opinions aren't fake news. Please stop saying that.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Hondo.

Whoever that is.

Just to clarify, you are talking about the TCW version, not the one from Rebels, right? I don't agree with you either way, but this way I could at least see your point.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Hondo.

Whoever that is.

Just to clarify, you are talking about the TCW version, not the one from Rebels, right? I don't agree with you either way, but this way I could at least see your point.

In Rebels he's just gotten old. Same Hondo, but now he's not actually physically capable of being the pirate we all know and love.*

*I perfectly understand if you hate him lol. I always groaned whenever he showed up in CW but I eventually realized that I actually enjoyed the episodes he was in.