Sith Raid Reward Rollback - 4/17/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    What? Whose feelings got hurt?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • So putting the monorail back on track with the doors closed, I am hoping that the rework coming soon does not affect HRancor and HAAT like we saw with how bad the HSTR rewards were. And I still feel all tiers of STR need to be reworked because the level of horrible reward vs effort is palpable.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    I think it’s best to move on from petty squabbles about the interpretation of what someone implies. Emotions can’t be properly expressed or written.... without emojis. :*:p;)

And I agree with you chxfett.
  • Maybe they should take out raid rewards that are in the daily challenges which most people have thousands of eg:mk8 neurosaav binoculars. I have over 4,000 of them and getting them as a reward is insulting.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ah but people need those gold eyeballs apparently!
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

Could be the next carbontis. :#
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    KueChael wrote: »

Oh no... :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

But then that means they solved the caribanti problem!!!

They do listen. :smiley:
  • Is it by design that the g12 medpac is the only full g12 piece that you can’t receive as a reward?

And furthermore, is it by design that the mk7 fusion furnace is the only partial g12 piece that you can receive as a full craft?
  • this game needs to seriously address those depressing functions. doing heroic raids for junk is really only one of them. 3-7 carbantis where 3 = 50% drop chance 51-99.9999 the rest and the remaining 0.0001 is shared between getting 6-7 .... where is the logic in that ?
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I am still miffed that the lower tier STR raids contain Mk IV droid callers, Mk V data sheets and other garbage low end salvage gear in them. That in no way help lower end guilds get to where they need to be.

Solve the carbanti, Mk V droid caller, and Mk V stun gun issue. 22 main line characters require stun guns and some multiple times even to make a Mk VI stun gun. Too many characters require multiple carbanti in their kit from gear 7 to gear 12. Too many characters require Mk V droid callers to count. I never thought the furnace issue would finally go away, but never did I expect to hit a wall with multiple things. And the sick joke is a Mk V stun gun costs 2500 crystals while a fully crafted GS12 piece goes for 840.
  • C3hyp77
    162 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

But then that means they solved the caribanti problem!!!

They do listen. :smiley:

hum hum hum , not yet ;)
  • I am still miffed that the lower tier STR raids contain Mk IV droid callers, Mk V data sheets and other garbage low end salvage gear in them. That in no way help lower end guilds get to where they need to be.

Solve the carbanti, Mk V droid caller, and Mk V stun gun issue. 22 main line characters require stun guns and some multiple times even to make a Mk VI stun gun. Too many characters require multiple carbanti in their kit from gear 7 to gear 12. Too many characters require Mk V droid callers to count. I never thought the furnace issue would finally go away, but never did I expect to hit a wall with multiple things. And the sick joke is a Mk V stun gun costs 2500 crystals while a fully crafted GS12 piece goes for 840.

This was the original problem we asked to get fixed... what we got was a debacle.
    HONESTLY, the sick joke is that I'm, pretty sure CG does this on purpose to punish the player base when they ask for things to get fixed. No different from the TW tie-breaker joke.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I'm honestly a little puzzled at all the people saying they hate this raid - and I wonder if this was the reaction people had to the original Pit and HAAT raids? What I mean is - those were really challenging then. We figured out what worked best and when, and over time the game grew, and eventually they became much easier. But they weren't at first, and I don't see how this is any different.

I get the disappointment over the rewards change, but I understood their reasonings too.

But not the hate for this raid. It's not more tedious than any of the other raids, really. Just harder. For now.
  • MCThr33pio wrote: »
    I'm honestly a little puzzled at all the people saying they hate this raid - and I wonder if this was the reaction people had to the original Pit and HAAT raids? What I mean is - those were really challenging then. We figured out what worked best and when, and over time the game grew, and eventually they became much easier. But they weren't at first, and I don't see how this is any different.

I get the disappointment over the rewards change, but I understood their reasonings too.

But not the hate for this raid. It's not more tedious than any of the other raids, really. Just harder. For now.

That's a sensible and reasoned post...we'll have no more like that if you please...

:wink:

I dunno. I think it's very, very hard. Super-technical and with very poor rewards.

That's why I don't like it.

But it is what it is. Most days I do it for my Guild. But if I really don't want to, or don't have the time, then I don't. No biggie.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I agree with MCThr33pio. The rewards are not good but they beat zero rewards, and I enjoy the gameplay. I've been working on several different teams and other than my BLOW EVERYTHING UP rebel team, they require strategy and thought. When to let magmatrooper go to town and when to have him skip a turn. When to let acolyte go to town and when to remove BOW or have someone heal. How to get as many DOTs as possible to stack on the zader team. How to stealth to keep R2 alive.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    I think the raid is poorly designed, especially Nihilus, from a mobile game perspective. If a fight has random elements in it to this extent, it basically requires you to start over and over again until you get a good outcome. That problem is centered almost entirely in Nihilus (although the other phases have their fair share of nonsense). Combine that with being pigeonholed by the silly tenacity stacking, and you have the recipe for a thoroughly unpleasant raiding experience that almost requires you to have JTR, Death Trooper and Night Sisters, or just go home.
    To me that screams poor design from all directions.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Without stacking tenacity it would be just another HAAT raid.

This way you have to be smart about when you apply your debuffs.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I in no way dislike this raid. It is a challenge, it’s not auto walk away come back later win type of raid. It takes strategy and timing to beat certain tiers. No issue with the difficulty at all. I think it’s on par with where it should be.

The rewards vs effort is the main issue. The rewards stink. It punishes low end guilds with less than what the Pit and Tank Takedown offer at the same level. Tier for tier STR is worse payout than Pit of same Tier for 5 times the effort and commitment. That’s the issue. STR should reward players for their effort not payout challenge gear, or better yet just give me guild raid tokens so I can buy the salvage I want from the raid store. Honestly, I’d be ok with credits and increased guild raid tokens to buy what I wanted instead of the RNG of getting trash I can’t sell or use because I have 2500 of them.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

If it was only that simple. To many charaters apply debuffs after damage which means the boss get the tenacity bonus before the debuff application is even tried.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

If it was only that simple. To many charaters apply debuffs after damage which means the boss get the tenacity bonus before the debuff application is even tried.

It's weird how my zader team can get dots to stick then.

Maybe it's because you're doing heroic (?) and I'm doing T4? I dunno. It works for me and I enjoy it.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

It's weird how my zader team can get dots to stick then.

Maybe it's because you're doing heroic (?) and I'm doing T4? I dunno. It works for me and I enjoy it.

Could be the differences in the tiers.
    Without remodding for lots of potency and multiple runs I had very little luck with Vader landing dots, definitely not enough to consider using him as a team.

In heroic the bosses all have 82%+ base tenacity so 132%+ with first damage hit. So yeah just not going to happen reliably enough.

Sid on the other hand can land dots because his are applied before damage.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Where did you find that base tenacity?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

???
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    This came from a YouTube video from non-gamechanger. I believe I have seen it elsewhere.
    Best guess is someone data mined and shared on the interwebs.
    BaGNCEw.jpg
  • MCThr33pio
    275 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I agree with MCThr33pio. The rewards are not good but they beat zero rewards, and I enjoy the gameplay. I've been working on several different teams and other than my BLOW EVERYTHING UP rebel team, they require strategy and thought. When to let magmatrooper go to town and when to have him skip a turn. When to let acolyte go to town and when to remove BOW or have someone heal. How to get as many DOTs as possible to stack on the zader team. How to stealth to keep R2 alive.

Exactly. This was always meant to be a strategic game, and not a game where you just hammer away at things. Although the BLOW EVERYTHING UP teams are also fun.

Point being, it's not Candy Crush. *shiver*

But first and foremost this was always meant to be a game of challenges, whether it's having the strategy to beat your opponent or acquiring the gear to make your team better. And that's what's kept me playing.
  • GrandAdmiralSledge
    95 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    My understanding based on this thread and others is that the progression of raid rewards with regards to fully crafted pieces is this:

Original Rewards: 100% chance of fully crafted
    "Upgraded" Rewards: 40% chance of fully crafted
    *player revolt*
    Rollback to Original Rewards: 100% chance of fully crafted **we are here**

So @CG_Carrie or someone explain how I got this today.

https://imgur.com/a/hn2qKYh

hn2qKYh
  • Was trying to edit this to embed the picture (and failed), and I think I accidentally deleted this:

My understanding based on this thread and others is that the progression of raid rewards with regards to fully crafted pieces is this:
    *player revolt*
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member
    Was trying to edit this to embed the picture (and failed), and I think I accidentally deleted this:

*player revolt*
    Sorry for the confusion. We did not do the 100% fully crafted rollback because that would have left all the other things people were complaining about. So we did a full rollback to the way the raids were before we touched them. Soup and all.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • Was trying to edit this to embed the picture (and failed), and I think I accidentally deleted this:

*player revolt*

It wasn't 100% before. There always seemed to be a few out of 50 that didn't get a full piece each raid.