Yoda AI - Slight adjustment to opening attack

Yoda's abilities are great, but they are more time sensative than most other characters. I have noticed that when in Arena battle, the Yoda AI (like most characters) will expend a Special Attack for the first round. In Yoda's case, his 2 Special attacks are more useful when his opponents have less than 50% health, or have buffs, which are not common in the first attack of the game (he is often the first to attack at speed 150+). This leads to him wasting Special Attacks when not needing.....while his Basic attack is perfectly suited to attack opponents with high health, such as the opening attack of a match.....(gain foresite and turn meter)

Unfortunately his AI is set to use his special abilities in the opening turns, and not his Basic Attack. (which sets the tone for his proper use as an evading-support player). Yoda's advantages in Arena Play are quickly negated, and can be easily defeated in the first wave of attacks (with my own Yoda) without his very useful Fore-site Up....

All I am suggesting is that his first attack should be tweaked to be his Basic (Ataru) attack, then he can expend his Special attacks in the turns to follow, when they are far more appropriate and useful in the Arena, making him a far more desirable character to possess.

Thank You,

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    The best thing he could do on AI is to open with Battle Meditation. Giving the entire team Tenacity Up before the onslaught of stuns, slows and DOTs is the absolute highest value add for Yoda.
    It is usually what I do first even on offense. The buff stealing and sharing may be cute, but it is rarely as effective as shutting down negative effects for the first 2 rounds of the game.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • The AI has him almost always opens with Unstoppable Force and is techinacally wasted (because it never stuns since all opponents are at 100%) ....without Fore-site Up, this opens him up for attack by top tier players....and is easily defeated (being a glass cannon) whilst not using his abilities more effectively.

But personally I open with Ataru, then (if not attacked) on the next turn (turn meter gained in first attack) BAM! Battle Meditation to expand Tenacity Up and Foresite. Battle is all down hill from there...........or could be very pesky for those challenging my/your standing.

I just find him too easily defeated in PvP for all the work involved gaining him. While a simple adjustment would make him vastly more pesky (and being pesky is the only way to fend off challanges)
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    The best thing he could do on AI is to open with Battle Meditation. Giving the entire team Tenacity Up before the onslaught of stuns, slows and DOTs is the absolute highest value add for Yoda.
    It is usually what I do first even on offense. The buff stealing and sharing may be cute, but it is rarely as effective as shutting down negative effects for the first 2 rounds of the game.

At least we agree that neither of us open with the same Ability EA has choosen Yoda to open with.....
  • Qeltar wrote: »

I completely agree! I always open with Battle Meditations especially since I run a Jedi squad with him as Lead. Resist everything and gain turn meter for the first two turns. After that AI can do whatever it wants. But this would definitely be the best opener for Yoda.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • I agree with Battle Meditation as well. Would love to use my favorite char in arena!