Kit Reveal: Bossk

Replies

• Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    How is “weakest” defined for Bossk’s abilities? Does weakest mean “least health currently”, “least GP”, “least Protection+Health”? It’s not clear to me.

Same question. Please and thank you.
  • BlackHawk75k
    81 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    How is “weakest” defined for Bossk’s abilities? Does weakest mean “least health currently”, “least GP”, “least Protection+Health”? It’s not clear to me.

Same question. Please and thank you.

In answer to the question the weakest character is the character with the least health currently I believe.
  • BlackHawk75k
    81 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    And how will he be released (referring to Bossk)

In answer to this question here is a Dev. Post from about a month ago that should answer the question.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018#latest
  • Extremely disappointed. This is not at all what I thought “contracts” was going to be. I expected a game mode for Bounty Hunters, not in-battle buffs.
  • That sucks.

It's usually best to not have built up an expectation in your head, but rather take it as it is.
  • Ryan495678
    49 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Up until now Hera was the only character that did something different if she attacked the "healthiest" enemy. With this being only an expose it was not game changing if you forgot who the healthiest enemy was.

Bossk's kit has been released and many if not all of his abilities deal with the "weakest" enemy. This is game changing if you forget who the weakest enemy is.

The addition of "contract" into the game also adds the new blue "status effect". This appears to not be a buff or a debuff, just a way for the player to know that that character is their target. I think that there should be a blue "status effect" for the healthiest and the weakest enemy. It would be very simple, whenever Hera is in play the healthiest enemy gets a blue heart status effect, and whenever Bossk is in play the weakest enemy gets a blue broken heart status effect.

This would be more convenient to players who use these characters, and it would solve two main issues: forgetting which enemy is the healthiest or weakest, and not knowing which is the healthiest or weakest when calling Hera or Bossk to assist.
  • Will Boba Fett's Execute prevent nightsisters from reviving, especially zombie?
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Ryan495678 wrote: »
    Up until now Hera was the only character that did something different if she attacked the "healthiest" enemy. With this being only an expose it was not game changing if you forgot who the healthiest enemy was.

Bossk's kit has been released and many if not all of his abilities deal with the "weakest" enemy. This is game changing if you forget who the weakest enemy is.

The addition of "contract" into the game also adds the new blue "status effect". This appears to not be a buff or a debuff, just a way for the player to know that that character is their target. I think that there should be a blue "status effect" for the healthiest and the weakest enemy. It would be very simple, whenever Hera is in play the healthiest enemy gets a blue heart status effect, and whenever Bossk is in play the weakest enemy gets a blue broken heart status effect.

This would be more convenient to players who use these characters, and it would solve two main issues: forgetting which enemy is the healthiest or weakest, and not knowing which is the healthiest or weakest when calling Hera or Bossk to assist.

If you watched the videos, it literally labels who the weakest enemy is with an icon.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Weakest enemy is lowest pool of health and protection combined

don't remember my source
  • Will Boba Fett's Execute prevent nightsisters from reviving, especially zombie?

Unfortunately no
  • I apologize if this has already been asked; I don’t have time to read through everything. The basic attack reads as if it is guaranteed to critically hit with no conditions. The Game Changer videos have made it seem like it’s tied to the target being the weakest enemy. Which is it?
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    I apologize if this has already been asked; I don’t have time to read through everything. The basic attack reads as if it is guaranteed to critically hit with no conditions. The Game Changer videos have made it seem like it’s tied to the target being the weakest enemy. Which is it?

It is guaranteed crit. It deals double damage if weakest enemy. That's what the official reveal podcast said. I think the benefit of the guaranteed crit is that there is a contract (IG88?) that relies on crits...plus the obvious benefit of extra damage, of course
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Well I see why they are being said to be used for PvE cause the AI gonna have no idea how to work contracts
  • Thanks for the write up. I betcha 95% of your players groan when they see announcements and updates in youtube form and

tenor.gif
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Will Boba Fett's Execute prevent nightsisters from reviving,...
    Yes, the normal NS don't come back when terminated, annihaleted or executed. Even if Talzin is zetaed they are out of the battle then.
    ....especially zombie?
    Zombie is the great exception. Its the only toon where terminate, annihalete or execute didnt work as long there are other active NS in her Team.

• Dark_Helmet152
    529 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Bossk or Boba lead?
  • Bossk or Boba lead?

Looking like bossk will bring some more to the table compared to boba, but until being able to play with it, can't really make a solid choice
  • Bossk or Boba lead?

Probably looks towards bossk lead once he’s available to 7* but could be boba depending on the battle you’re entering
  • Bossk or Boba lead?

Bossk, no question.
    Targeting the weakest character is a no-brainer. You are doing that anyway, how else are you going to win the match? Complete the contract by doing what you always do, then get +50 speed as a reward. Add Boba to your team, he gets a total of +100 speed when Bossk lead contract is satisfied.
    Definitely Bossk lead, hands up.
  • Swordd wrote: »
    I apologize if this has already been asked; I don’t have time to read through everything. The basic attack reads as if it is guaranteed to critically hit with no conditions. The Game Changer videos have made it seem like it’s tied to the target being the weakest enemy. Which is it?

It is guaranteed crit. It deals double damage if weakest enemy. That's what the official reveal podcast said. I think the benefit of the guaranteed crit is that there is a contract (IG88?) that relies on crits...plus the obvious benefit of extra damage, of course

No contract needed for it, just hit the weakest enemy and you will see a critical right there plus double damage. And improved and better version from Savage special as the enemy doesn't have to be below certain health, just being the weakest.
  • @CG_Carrie please add ability mat packs when these new toons are released /content update
  • LOVE Bossk. I'm so happy this character is almost here (finally)!

He sounds awesome for a BH squad, I just hope he's still decent outside of an all-BH team as well.
  • Is this the optimal mod setup for Bossk? 4 offensive and 2 crit chance? Or are these just a random set, what do you guys think?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Gaining Frenzy and Taunt in the same ability seems a bit odd (Frenzy granting 100% TM when another ally uses a special, undermining Taunt's effectiveness). But otherwise I'm very much looking forward to the BH rework, they look as fun to play as Troopers.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Gaining Frenzy and Taunt in the same ability seems a bit odd (Frenzy granting 100% TM when another ally uses a special, undermining Taunt's effectiveness). But otherwise I'm very much looking forward to the BH rework, they look as fun to play as Troopers.

Not bad in my opinion, he can go back to back. Taunts for 3 turns and gain taunts after losing it like old ben does now.
    Frenzy will just get him to use the skill again and make huge damage on the weakest enemy.
  • Tyvokka wrote: »
    Is this the optimal mod setup for Bossk? 4 offensive and 2 crit chance? Or are these just a random set, what do you guys think?

Probably going to want to stack him with speed as I’m assuming he’ll be rather slow
  • The only thing I have to say is :

Res Luk Ra'auf....
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    IgneoMorte wrote: »
    Extremely disappointed. This is not at all what I thought “contracts” was going to be. I expected a game mode for Bounty Hunters, not in-battle buffs.

Check again
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I'm trying to care about levelling up another worthless squad for a specific, sith I guess, goal. trying.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    anyone know how this will work in sith raid? F Nihilus's adds are dead, does he become the weakest toon?