Content Update 04/25/2018 [MEGA THREAD]

Replies

• Not all Bounty Hunters are currently employed...
  • Can anyone else not see the BH reworks? I’ve restarted several times with no success :(
  • But they aren't real bounty hunters, only those employed by Vader count
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Xcrit9
    108 posts Member
    Tehol wrote: »
    Why are they even labelled bounty hunters? If you guys are going to release something specific to a certain set of characters with a tag, at least include them all.

I feel like Sam has become useless, and Cad Bane has **** since day one.

Maybe I am the only one heh heh.

I totally agree they come out with DS TB where BH are needed hey everyone grind up your BH'S now its oh wait those BH AREN'T BHs why did I grind them up?
  • I don't mind if their contracts come at a later date, but from what I can tell, their damage also doesn't fulfil leader contracts? Which means we can't post a full BH contract team until Boskk comes out... Can anyone confirm or refute this? I've only done a couple of test runs...
  • I just want CG to make a multipack for the brozium data card :(
  • Been a critic of CG for recent weeks but give credit where credit is due. The Galactic Bounties event is definitely refreshing and offers a better reason to gear up BH instead of just DS TB.

It's this kind of content that re-injects some form of enthusiasm
  • Finally have a bounty hunter event and it is not even to unlock the bounty hunter? And when he is unlocked it is an open char event that you can get him to a whopping 3 star? Ugh disappointed. Lame, **** off.
  • lesismore
    59 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    "DAILY LOGIN: MAY
    To celebrate the month of May and May the 4th, Han Solo is the Daily Login character."
  • Kerby1584
    3 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Would target lock land on DN in the sith raid? If 88 went at the right time of course. Just curious if the protection prevention zeta would work on that raid.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    For the bounties - you gotta go IPD right?

Ipd or wampa for me. Gotta see what the reward potential is. I started grinding Hoda, and gotta finish him before moving on to Wampa. So if I can get some great wampa shard amounts I might go with him to make that grind go faster and then use all the tokens for gear. Ipd will come always with DSTB.
  • I still don't get how fives zeta was a bug. Allies take damage (i.e. lose health), fives get TM. Sounds like it was WAI before this masked nerf.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Monel wrote: »

Ipd or wampa for me. Gotta see what the reward potential is. I started grinding Hoda, and gotta finish him before moving on to Wampa. So if I can get some great wampa shard amounts I might go with him to make that grind go faster and then use all the tokens for gear. Ipd will come always with DSTB.

That’s what I mean. You can get HY/Wompa with LSTB TW TW DSTB rewards.
    IPD is only with DSTB.. what is that once a month?
  • lesismore wrote: »
    "DAILY LOGIN: MAY
    To celebrate the month of May and May the 4th, Han Solo is the Daily Login character."

I think this is great!
    The game has been kinda static lately; we've all been in a holding pattern. Now things are happening! Huzzah! Shake things up! (like the latest movie)
    Maybe Raid Han will be replaced with a new toon. (Raid Hux?)
    If nothing else, it certainly has us all talking.
  • So can we get confirmation of raid han? I see someone saying it but is that confirmed?
  • TwiztidJay
    104 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Can we please stop putting new toon on LS and DS nodes. I'm sure many other need a new toon in the other farmable areas because I farmed them all. Just put the next set in please

But Wampa costs the most valuable currency in the game. I’m kind of annoyed he is there but Yoda isn’t, because I already have him 7* and it turns out I could have saved some of that currency. You will get IPD for free at some point, and depending on how many shards we get here choosing IPD might not even speed up the farm (ex: if you get 30 shards here then overshoot his shards by 50 the month you 7* him the extra shards didn’t even help you get him a day early).
  • Also everyone complaining about cad bane and zam...in the podcast everyone is told about...they said they will down the road get updstes and contracts.
    They figured it makes more sense to include the OGs of bounty hunters first...they said towards the end of the podcast(yes i listened to the whold thing) that eventually the rest of the BH gang will get some updates and most likely contracts as well...
    Let this release and the new legendary event hold everyone over until then. Plus supposed raid han???
  • Achilles wrote: »
    Why did Cad Bane and Zam Wesell got no contract-update? Both are bounty hunter.

I think it has to do with the fact that they aren't in the Original Trilogy. Bossk, Dengar, Boba, Greedo, and IG-88 featured in the OG Trilogy.
  • Bounty hunters and their contract are now the most narrow and restrictive mechanics we’ve ever seen in this game. A skill that can only be used in one set team and becomes null when the character is not in that team is painfully boring and not at all in line with what makes this game fun.

I can only hope that this will be the last time they experiment with abilities like contracts.

But Wampa costs the most valuable currency in the game. I’m kind of annoyed he is there but Yoda isn’t, because I already have him 7* and it turns out I could have saved some of that currency. You will get IPD for free at some point, and depending on how many shards we get here choosing IPD might not even speed up the farm (ex: if you get 30 shards here then overshoot his shards by 50 the month you 7* him the extra shards didn’t even help you get him a day early).

I’m the opposite I have HY no Wampa. There’s no calculations here but a very rough guess. And pending how many shards we get from the BH event - it could be 4 lol
    I think you have more of a chance for the guild event tokens throughout the different game modes. But I guess it’s more about priority I guess.
    My thinking is I can farm both. IPD- BH event and the once a month IPD shards- which has the chance to be 50. And Wampa through the guild event store.
    Either or though- those 2 are the most valuable imo.
    Iirc Wampa is on the hardest tier for the Bh event.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Bounty hunters and their contract are now the most narrow and restrictive mechanics we’ve ever seen in this game. A skill that can only be used in one set team and becomes null when the character is not in that team is painfully boring and not at all in line with what makes this game fun.

I can only hope that this will be the last time they experiment with abilities like contracts.
    Wow that sounds just like leader abilities that only benefit a specific faction and becomes null when you have a non-faction unit in that team

EDIT: I literally do NOT understand why people are complaining about Raid Han being the login toon. Yeah, he is a raid toon, so what?
  • I am quite irritated with the fives "fix". Seems that 2-3 million damage is just way to much for one squad. Maybe there are a handful of people that can tweak the into a little more but, come on. Some of us spent a lot of time and money on clones just for them to turn irrelevant. They finally get some usefulness again they get nerfed into oblivion. They aren't even doing damage remotely close to the new resistance squads or some of the other combinations of toons but, the plug has to be pulled. Is this CG just blatantly telling us that you have to go full on whale to complete the new content? Out with the old in with the new. Finding new uses for old toons is part of the fun of playing. Finding out you cant have fun unless you keep up with the Joneses is disheartening and aggravating.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Bounty hunters and their contract are now the most narrow and restrictive mechanics we’ve ever seen in this game. A skill that can only be used in one set team and becomes null when the character is not in that team is painfully boring and not at all in line with what makes this game fun.

Wow that sounds just like leader abilities that only benefit a specific faction and becomes null when you have a non-faction unit in that team

EDIT: I literally do NOT understand why people are complaining about Raid Han being the login toon. Yeah, he is a raid toon, so what?
    No other leader ability in the game triggers something remotely similar to a payout.

• I am quite irritated with the fives "fix". Seems that 2-3 million damage is just way to much for one squad. Maybe there are a handful of people that can tweak the into a little more but, come on. Some of us spent a lot of time and money on clones just for them to turn irrelevant. They finally get some usefulness again they get nerfed into oblivion. They aren't even doing damage remotely close to the new resistance squads or some of the other combinations of toons but, the plug has to be pulled. Is this CG just blatantly telling us that you have to go full on whale to complete the new content? Out with the old in with the new. Finding new uses for old toons is part of the fun of playing. Finding out you cant have fun unless you keep up with the Joneses is disheartening and aggravating.

Mate, I think we are in the same arena shard!

Anyway, yes, I agree with what you are saying here. What is even more shocking is that SOMEHOW his ability went by unnoticed by the developers, beta testers and etc.
    it took you until now to realize that? They sent us that message when JTR resistance teams are literally the only team that can put up good damage in the raid.

• So Cad bane ( the number 1 bounty hunter after Jango fett) is not a bounty hunter?
  • Love the rework! Hope the 8 attempts in hard node stays permanent!
  • Ultra wrote: »

No other leader ability in the game triggers something remotely similar to a payout.

It's like you just don't pay attention to what you say. ZFinn only worked with Resistance. That team was completely useless without him (Until JTR). Plus all of the other Leader abilities that only affect a small number of toons. At least some of these characters are useful with their new abilities outside this team (they are just really good when teamed up). Almost all of resistance is crap without a ZFinn lead. JTR only uses the two droids.

Also to point out what others have said. The fact that these were the only four getting updates has been common knowledge on these boards as well as multiple podcasts and youtube videos for over a month, as is the fact they mention the others will get theirs in due time.
This discussion has been closed.