Content Update 04/25/2018 [MEGA THREAD]

Replies

• You mean Partly bounty hunter reworks...
    Zam and cad bane want job satisfaction too..
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Did the 2 paploo missions. Easy enough with only 2 modded characters.

Dont need any of the other shards and crystals/credits is the same
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Can't even beat Paploo. lol. Could if I remodded, but...no.

I'll survive without the extra shard shop currency.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »

Wont move some mods for 100 crystals and 200K credits?
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    JaggedJ wrote: »

Wont move some mods for 100 crystals and 200K credits?

Nope. Those rewards will still be there at a later date. Don't desperately need either.

Just ordered my mods a couple weeks ago after they were an absolute mess from all the remodding. Not willing to remod again yet while everything is where I want them.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Good, good, fill the hard nodes with characters like Rose and leave better farming spots for others. I was planning to turn her into Rancor fodder, but I can do without it.
  • Seriously though my G11 IG 88 is dealing the same damage as my G8 cad bane...
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Wonderful some random g8 rebel can one shot my gear11 IG 88 but 88 only hit for like 5k now on a critical? What garbage is this honestly and yes he's modded well and this after getting the contract bonuses increasing critical damage... Some joke this is
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Best update of the year so far IMO. Bossk looks like a fun kit and so do the other BH reworks.

Don't like that Raid Han is log in character or the fact you can now get Wampa elsewhere now.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Revi wrote: »
    Best update of the year so far IMO. Bossk looks like a fun kit and so do the other BH reworks.

Don't like that Raid Han is log in character or the fact you can now get Wampa elsewhere now.

You get 10 shards of Wampa once in a blue moon if you have top-notch BHs. It's not a big deal, really.
  • @CG_CapGaSP @CG_Carrie
    Hello! I've invested zeta and a lot of crystals to gear up my clone teams for the Traya-part of phase4. Mechanics of this phase isn't a bug at all, because Fives' allies are taking damage.
    Where can I apply for the refund?
  • The assault battles and contracts are a beautiful addition.
    But time and effort are not worth the reward.
    But atleast endgame people and whales/krakens have something to look forward to.
    And i just got a request..dunno if it will ever be seen or heard.
    Can u add empire faction as a choice for this upcoming assault battle?
    I seriously hate trooper poopers..well, i specifically hate importance given to toons who dont even have a specific name..ex. magmatrooper, snowtrooper, jedi consular etc
  • The assault battles and contracts are a beautiful addition.
    But time and effort are not worth the reward.
    But atleast endgame people and whales/krakens have something to look forward to.
    And i just got a request..dunno if it will ever be seen or heard.
    Can u add empire faction as a choice for this upcoming assault battle?
    I seriously hate trooper poopers..well, i specifically hate importance given to toons who dont even have a specific name..ex. magmatrooper, snowtrooper, jedi consular etc

Empire already can already be used as generic faction in Forest Moon.

That said though, total eligible characters for each assault battle:
    Forest Moon 27
    Ground War 27
    Military Might 37
    Places of Power 20
    Secrets and Shadows 14
    New Rebel one 14

Much smaller window than some other battles. Meanwhile Resistance squads have had an assault battle taken away from them.
  • havn´t they said, bossk & bh rework is for sithraid? am i blind? i can´t imagine what makes them at least half as good as jtr in any phase of sithraid...

all the changes doesn´t impress me at all, would like to see the bounty hunter on defense with their new contracts^^... sorry to say so but compared with palpa & vader rework this is more than poorly
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Jeric wrote: »
    Yeah, which Han? Because Raid Han is the only one in game called "Han Solo".

Yep that would be the one. They havent indicated that raid han is getting a name change so for the 3rd month in a row we get a toon that everyone has at 7*

Would have preferred Holdo

I'm always amused at how people seem to forget that there are players are various stages in lifecycle. While it's unusual to see a Raid Reward character offered as a daily login ... CG has already addressed this ridiculous (and admittedly selfish) complaint.

I'm certain that some of the gear in the shard shop still has value for veterans like us.

Link to where they addressed Raid Hero as Daily Log In?

@Vettes4Fetts

They didn't, which is why I called that part unusual. I was responding to the complaint I quoted which was specific to the fact that Han Solo is not a good selection for a login character because "We already have him at 7*".

CG addressed that complaint. That complaint is ridiculous.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164524/dev-blog-daily-login-changes-3-28-18

Point 6.

"And finally, the character dropped inside of a given month will not always be valuable to elder game players. We’ve heard frustration echoed from the community when a character has high ownership rates, and we do our best to offer something that has low ownership rates and is useful; however, sometimes we can’t find a character that follows those criteria. The daily login character follows a theme, and is also often very beneficial to new players, even if you already own them."
  • Ewoks on the easy bounty node wiped out my level 70 modded BF in 2 hits...then one more. Thats the easy level bounty.
  • Only one question : Where is Cad Bane rework and Jango Fett? :)
  • For once they were real clear on the OG BH's getting a rework to go along with a Bossk release... and people are still going on about it. There's so much that is wrong with the game, but this isn't one of those things.

See - a real issue is knowing all this, gearing up your OG BH's, and then getting this Bounty event and you have 4 decent toons and 1 republic-era flop... and you know, you JUST KNOW, this is to drum up business for Bossk.

Another issues is what exactly is "super rare" when it comes to these Bounties - like, is it every 3 months, because then it partially reduces the importance of investing in BH.

Anyways, we'll get a republic/separatist era rework, I'm sure Cad and Zam will get a rework along with another BH of that era (Embo, likely, he's in the game already!)
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • For once they were real clear on the OG BH's getting a rework to go along with a Bossk release... and people are still going on about it. There's so much that is wrong with the game, but this isn't one of those things.

See - a real issue is knowing all this, gearing up your OG BH's, and then getting this Bounty event and you have 4 decent toons and 1 republic-era flop... and you know, you JUST KNOW, this is to drum up business for Bossk.

Another issues is what exactly is "super rare" when it comes to these Bounties - like, is it every 3 months, because then it partially reduces the importance of investing in BH.

Anyways, we'll get a republic/separatist era rework, I'm sure Cad and Zam will get a rework along with another BH of that era (Embo, likely, he's in the game already!)

Yea I agree with the 3-4 months time as super rare but I think once a month would be better or bi-monthly.
    Good toons in there as well. Paploo seems a bit lost in there though(maybe to encourage Ewoks?)
    I wouldn’t of minded the omega pack today though Lol
  • You need an addutional test server with the same rates as what the game itself is. Maybe then the new content will be relatable to majority of the player base. Players with 2-3 g8 scoundrels would actually have a chance of doing heist mission. This new event? Good luck completing easy tiers unless you have a full team, over the recomended gear.... This "please a few and others will catch up" is the real problem.
  • Bounty hunters and their contract are now the most narrow and restrictive mechanics we’ve ever seen in this game. A skill that can only be used in one set team and becomes null when the character is not in that team is painfully boring and not at all in line with what makes this game fun.

I can only hope that this will be the last time they experiment with abilities like contracts.

Phoenix is pretty narrow and actually RJT is as well with Resistance allies and BB8 in particular. The trade off though is probably having the highest or among the highest team synergies at peak levels. I like the rework a lot. This is better than making them more general, but mediocre, because let's face it, not everything can be meta - so if it's not going to be an EP-level rework that breaks meta, than I'd rather have a squad like this that has a high peak in specific uses and configurations.
  • Does this only work with all bounty hunter teams? Only in events? Not showing for me in galactic war.
  • Some mechanics questions and others if anyone can answer them: @CG_Carrie @CG_Leviathan

Is the payout incorrectly happening in game or is it just the tooltip by pressing on the buffs on the characters once the payout happens? IE, is the actual buff broken, or it just mis-stating it in the in-combat text box on the buff?

How many turns is the DOT from IG88's leader ability? It doesn't say...

For Greedo's ability where he gains TM when Thermal Detonators, explode, can you clarify if that is only HIS thermal detonators or anyone's? (Dengar's and Zam's, basically).

For Dengar's MMM ability, can the crit hit debuffs be resisted? Can the TD placement based on the number of bounty hunters be resisted? Is that all based on Dengar's potency?

For Dengar's leader ability, it says that all Bounty Hunters have +50% health steal. Am I correct in thinking that this will take a 20% health steal on a BH character to 70%? Or will it take a 20% health steal to 30%?

For Dengar's unique ability, the zeta adds a protection/health regen whenever the ability triggers. There are 3 obvious triggers: when Dengar receives a crit / when an enemy evades Dengar's attacks / when Dengar suffers a debuff. However, is the attempt for an enemy to go into stealth while dengar has stealth a trigger for the regen too?

For Dengar's MMM, we now are dealing damage to all enemies plus 2 more damages to random enemies. My question on this: If an enemy is hit twice (being hit by one of the random hits), does that increase the crit count for the status affects? Also, if they are crit twice, will it inflict the status affects twice? IE, will it remove 100% TM if they are crit twice?

Thank you for your help with these questions. The rework looks fun.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Minowara wrote: »
    Why exactly are you waiting over a week to release bossk. He should be included with the bounty hunter reworks. Holding him for 'May the 4th' is ****.

Seriously?

The complaints here are amazing.

Ok now THAT is a ridiculous complaint. But the complaint and argument between legendary and marquee release is definitely warranted.

Except it's clear this is how things work now. New characters are marquee unless otherwise noted.

I'm sure some people were upset when the world was revealed to be round but most people got over it eventually.

Yep, they got their minds wrapped around it eventually.
  • Moogaroosh wrote: »
    lesismore wrote: »
    "DAILY LOGIN: MAY
    To celebrate the month of May and May the 4th, Han Solo is the Daily Login character."

I think this is great!
    The game has been kinda static lately; we've all been in a holding pattern. Now things are happening! Huzzah! Shake things up! (like the latest movie)
    Maybe Raid Han will be replaced with a new toon. (Raid Hux?)
    If nothing else, it certainly has us all talking.

they wouldnt be able to straight up replace raid han rewards, and leave people hanging on completion of that, i guess they could put him on a node, but that would be devaluing a reward that others worked on to get.

• Risz
    134 posts Member
    And nobody's talking about Fives Zeta nerf in the Sith Raid ?

They should be ashamed trying to pass it in the Bug Fix section. THIS. WAS. WORKING. AS. INTENDED. Just as the description of the skill said.

Do you have a problem CG with people finding ways to score on the Sith Raid ? Because it seems so, despite you saying that we had to wait, we had to find which team would be good, and which wouldn't in order to perform in the new raidYork.

But you're nerfing these teams we find just as they are found, saying they are "Bug fix", when it has always worked as intended.

Shame on you.
  • Great update and love the challenge of Contracts. Why has this been labeled "extremely rare". Having this kind of event more often inspires people to play
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Great update and love the challenge of Contracts. Why has this been labeled "extremely rare". Having this kind of event more often inspires people to play

I assume because the shards are too valuable for the people completing the top ends.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Great update and love the challenge of Contracts. Why has this been labeled "extremely rare". Having this kind of event more often inspires people to play

So, in the next iteration, you'll get ONE (1) chance to play it for 10 shards... what's the point of coding it, making it for BH, release BH changes and updates and a new toon.... and then what, make people wait months to use them again.... for 10 shards?

I mean if the chance at 10 shards comes around every time JTR comes back, for example, this just get put on "What the [redacted] even is going on?" pile. I guess after this next one on May 4th we get to wait a quarter year? Some content.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Great update and love the challenge of Contracts. Why has this been labeled "extremely rare". Having this kind of event more often inspires people to play

I assume because the shards are too valuable for the people completing the top ends.

Making it mothly certainly wouldn't break anything. We had 10 Talzin shards monthly and look how that went...
    And yes, I know this is 20 shards. Still slow as heck.
This discussion has been closed.