Damage Limitation

Stenun
851 posts Member
Would it be possible to get a "Damage Limitation" function made available?
Our guild wants a way of stopping people from doing too much damage to a Raid to allow everyone time to have a go at it and get on the damage table.
I was thinking something along the lines of whomever summons a Raid can specify, for example, "500,000 damage maximum" and then all players who attempt the Raid can happily play it until they reach that number at which point they get told that no further damage they do will be recorded. And then after 24 hours or so, the damage limitation can be turned off.

This would be especially helpful for guilds such as mine where we have some really high powered players who can solo the Rancor 7 Raid with one Squad and also some players who do around 30,000 damage with their best squad.
We've tried saying things like "do no more than 25% of a phase for the first 24 hours" but all that happens is that players wait until phase 2 where 25% of the phase gives them a much higher total than those who attacked during phase 1. Or someone does 30% of phase two "because they had trouble withdrawing their characters at the right time". etc.
We need a way to make it fair for everyone without allowing anyone an exploit.

Replies

• Run first 24 hours zero tag only, Then after that ffa , easy simple, allows everyone to get on the board, prevents, oops I. Hit too much, and solo runs hold for 15-20 minutes before posting.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Stenun wrote: »
    We've tried saying things like "do no more than 25% of a phase for the first 24 hours" but all that happens is that players wait until phase 2 where 25% of the phase gives them a much higher total than those who attacked during phase 1. Or someone does 30% of phase two "because they had trouble withdrawing their characters at the right time". etc.
    We need a way to make it fair for everyone without allowing anyone an exploit.

Alternatively make your rule a total damage limit instead of a percentage limit. And then accept the fact, that withdrawing at the right time also requires some luck, since there's only a 40% chace of successfuly escaping a character. However, having a limit of several thousand damage will not help the ones doing only 30k damage get better rewards. If the goal is to allow them time to play the raid with their few weak teams, then the limitation should be to not post any attacks doing more than 500k damage for the first 15 minutes of the raid (just example numbers). This way, the weaker players have time to play their battles, while the strong players can post their full solo runs after those 15 minutes have passed. That should make everyone happy.
  • At our guild, we start the raid at refresh, announce it day/two in advance, and play it 3hrs later. Soloists have to wait for 15min, before posting. Laid back and active players are happy with this solution.
  • In my guild I have a mix of players like you, I modifed the 24 hour rule so instead of everyone waiting it's just lvl 85''s and people that can solo it. So all of the weaker members can do their damage and we can still do the rest.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There are some good suggestions here that will help.

In short no. The dev team will never implement anything in game that will limit or give someone else control over how much "game play" someone else can do.

This is why the current "restriction" commands can be ignored.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    We do two things:

1) We run one pit a week where anyone with a 7* Han or anyone that can solo it posts a zero for the whole raid. FFA after 24 hours for everyone else. Gives the lower level members a chance for better rewards.

2) For the other two pits, after the 24 hour cooldown, it's a FFA...with one rule, which is that soloists have to wait until 20 minutes after it opens before they kill the rancor. That gives more people a chance to get in if they aren't there right when it opens.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    The dev team will never implement anything in game that will limit or give someone else control over how much "game play" someone else can do.

That makes a lot of sense, I never looked at it from that angle before. Thanks.

And thanks to everyone else for the comments and replies! I will have to discuss with my guild to find a better way than our current system. :smile:
  • Damage limitations just don’t work and is a terrible idea for guilds to implement. A simple 24 hour 0 damage rule ought to be enough. If anyone should break that rule they get a warning, and a second time will be a ban. Less complicated, less work, less complications.