Content Update 04/25/2018 [MEGA THREAD]

1235Next

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Great update and love the challenge of Contracts. Why has this been labeled "extremely rare". Having this kind of event more often inspires people to play

I assume because the shards are too valuable for the people completing the top ends.

Making it mothly certainly wouldn't break anything. We had 10 Talzin shards monthly and look how that went...
    And yes, I know this is 20 shards. Still slow as heck.

It's only 20 shards this time. Next time it's 10 shards, and you can pay to refresh if you want more.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Great update and love the challenge of Contracts. Why has this been labeled "extremely rare". Having this kind of event more often inspires people to play

I assume because the shards are too valuable for the people completing the top ends.

Making it mothly certainly wouldn't break anything. We had 10 Talzin shards monthly and look how that went...
    And yes, I know this is 20 shards. Still slow as heck.

It's only 20 shards this time. Next time it's 10 shards, and you can pay to refresh if you want more.

Well, all the more reason to make it appear more often.
  • GOWLIKEABOSS
    157 posts Member
    edited April 2018

Without the paying players this game either wouldn't exist, or would never be updated and it would die. You need some perspective. If you wouldn't be willing to work for free then stop expecting anyone else to.

As for parity, I am ftp and consistently score #2 in my fleet shard, occasionally even #1 over the shard whale. I can go below #100 in arena and I don't even run the meta.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • I am exited raid Han will be the daily login reward. For guilds like mine that are only do heroic rancor once every other week it helps a lot.
    About Zam and Cad Bane not getting reworked. They were only reworking the original trilogy bounty hunters Zam and Cad Bane are not original trilogy bounty hunters.
    They may decide to rework the prequel Bounty hunters one day. But for now stop complaining and enjoy the new rework!
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    For the bounties - you gotta go IPD right?

Ipd or wampa for me. Gotta see what the reward potential is. I started grinding Hoda, and gotta finish him before moving on to Wampa. So if I can get some great wampa shard amounts I might go with him to make that grind go faster and then use all the tokens for gear. Ipd will come always with DSTB.

That’s what I mean. You can get HY/Wompa with LSTB TW TW DSTB rewards.
    IPD is only with DSTB.. what is that once a month?

But Wampa costs the most valuable currency in the game. I’m kind of annoyed he is there but Yoda isn’t, because I already have him 7* and it turns out I could have saved some of that currency. You will get IPD for free at some point, and depending on how many shards we get here choosing IPD might not even speed up the farm (ex: if you get 30 shards here then overshoot his shards by 50 the month you 7* him the extra shards didn’t even help you get him a day early).

We get Hermit shards from TW achievements. No wampa there
  • Since my last post was apparently too forward ill say it like this. EA only does things for the money and never for just the community. This bounty hunter update proves it! EA only let us get weak character and then after 2 or 3 star you gotta pay or wait several months to get up to date; however, once you do it doesn't matter because now you're super far behind and will never catch up!
    EA needs to show that they actually care about the fan base and occasionally give some characters out for free! Or do something that shows they aren't only in it for the money. And until they do, I hope Disney takes away their Star Wars rights.
  • Raid reward as Daily Log In character?

When can I expect Traya then?

When she gets her own anthology movie
    Darth Victus, the Unbreakable

https://swgoh.gg/u/darthvictus/
  • What do you mean that the victory counts are shared?
  • The assault battles and contracts are a beautiful addition.
    But time and effort are not worth the reward.
    But atleast endgame people and whales/krakens have something to look forward to.
    And i just got a request..dunno if it will ever be seen or heard.
    Can u add empire faction as a choice for this upcoming assault battle?
    I seriously hate trooper poopers..well, i specifically hate importance given to toons who dont even have a specific name..ex. magmatrooper, snowtrooper, jedi consular etc

Empire already can already be used as generic faction in Forest Moon.

That said though, total eligible characters for each assault battle:
    Forest Moon 27
    Ground War 27
    Military Might 37
    Places of Power 20
    Secrets and Shadows 14
    New Rebel one 14

Much smaller window than some other battles. Meanwhile Resistance squads have had an assault battle taken away from them.

True empire is already there for forest moon.
    They can swap it. Trooper poopers for forest moon and empire for rebels.
    Makes better sense imo.
    And honestly speaking replacing resistance with jedi was the correct decision lol.
    Per canon it was jedi vs sepies not resistance (something not even present at that time) lol
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    The assault battles and contracts are a beautiful addition.
    But atleast endgame people and whales/krakens have something to look forward to.
    I seriously hate trooper poopers..well, i specifically hate importance given to toons who dont even have a specific name..ex. magmatrooper, snowtrooper, jedi consular etc

Forest Moon 27
    Ground War 27
    Military Might 37
    Places of Power 20
    Secrets and Shadows 14
    New Rebel one 14

Much smaller window than some other battles. Meanwhile Resistance squads have had an assault battle taken away from them.

Makes better sense imo.
    And honestly speaking replacing resistance with jedi was the correct decision lol.
    Per canon it was jedi vs sepies not resistance (something not even present at that time) lol

You bought that excuse did you? Cute. Because they could have removed Ewoks instead if that was the case.

The real reason they removed Resistance from Ground War was to stop people trivialising the new structure on the first day.
  • The assault battles and contracts are a beautiful addition.

Forest Moon 27
    Ground War 27
    Military Might 37
    Places of Power 20
    Secrets and Shadows 14
    New Rebel one 14

Makes better sense imo.

You bought that excuse did you? Cute. Because they could have removed Ewoks instead if that was the case.

The real reason they removed Resistance from Ground War was to stop people trivialising the new structure on the first day.

Oh...this sux...
    Here i thought they corrected an error lol
  • Is the marquee event on the horizon? Have we ever had this long a wait between release and acquisition?
  • It's coming on May 4th..
  • Thanks
  • Skatan
    6 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    The Han Solo movie is coming out in May. There was really no other choice.
    I would have loved Captain Han Solo shards though.
  • snakeye626
    28 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    This game is a should change to : star wars: galaxy of nerfs. Can i get 5’szeta back?
  • Maybe this was already noted and I missed it, but in the recent video interviews with EA (I dont' remember which video stream it was: AhnaldT's, Warrior's, CubsFanHan's, MobileGamer's, someone else's) it was stated that Raids would be getting a 24/0 restriction implemented to prevent those guildmembers from jumping the gun when Raids are opened. Does anyone have any idea when this might be implemented?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Maybe this was already noted and I missed it, but in the recent video interviews with EA (I dont' remember which video stream it was: AhnaldT's, Warrior's, CubsFanHan's, MobileGamer's, someone else's) it was stated that Raids would be getting a 24/0 restriction implemented to prevent those guildmembers from jumping the gun when Raids are opened. Does anyone have any idea when this might be implemented?

No, there was no date given.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Maybe this was already noted and I missed it, but in the recent video interviews with EA (I dont' remember which video stream it was: AhnaldT's, Warrior's, CubsFanHan's, MobileGamer's, someone else's) it was stated that Raids would be getting a 24/0 restriction implemented to prevent those guildmembers from jumping the gun when Raids are opened. Does anyone have any idea when this might be implemented?

Thanks, Kyno. That's too bad, as my guild was just discussing this eventuality coming, given some of our guildmates always jump the 24/0 period (a couple of those folks I think are non-English speaking and never reply to any of our chats, but still...)

Well, here's hoping it is soon, where 'soon' is this month. :smiley:
  • Kyno wrote: »

Thanks, Kyno. That's too bad, as my guild was just discussing this eventuality coming, given some of our guildmates always jump the 24/0 period (a couple of those folks I think are non-English speaking and never reply to any of our chats, but still...)

Well, here's hoping it is soon, where 'soon' is this month. :smiley:

Kick vite and banners. Use a time to hit and put the time zones in. Someone hits early. Friend them, kick them from the guild and invite them back in.
  • Death Mark is still not preventing Sion from reviving 100% of the time. He has come back twice on me in the last few days. Please fix this!
This discussion has been closed.