Level 71

need suggestions and help to become better. im level 71. feel free to look at my roster and tell me what you think. Really appreciate!

ally code: 612-757-917

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    One thing I would suggest is to set up an account at swgoh.gg it makes it easier for people to look at your roster.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    I’ll pass the same advice I got not to long ago, what do you really want to focus? It looks like you could level up st Han and Leia for palp (need 5 7* rebels) which will help you get 7* r2 if you get him to 7*. Also Han/leia help you get cls so the investment isn’t bad plus from what I’ve heard they do great in arena.

I don’t know how to check your ship rank but you may want to invest as that’s the way to get zetas, it’s what I’m doing atm you need 5 4* ds ships.

Also if you are running Biggs you defiantly want wedge, they are both good characters by themselves but they are great together.
  • Wardai wrote: »
    I don’t know how to check your ship rank but you may want to invest as that’s the way to get zetas, it’s what I’m doing atm you need 5 4* ds ships.

Technically, you don't need any DS ships for the zeta challenge.
    You need 5 4* DS ships to beat the 5* Executrix challenge.
    You need 8 5* non capital ships for the 3rd tier ability challenge. LS, DS, whatever.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Hm, you're kind of all over the place, so let's get you focused:

Ordinarily I advise that people start out by farming the teams required for the various Legendary and Journey's characters--in addition to scoundrels for credit heists--then branch out as desired. However, you're far from an optimal position to be taking that path, now; I fear you would only be playing catch-up rather than skipping a lot of that in order to focus on more immediate goals.

I think your most immediate, short-term goal should be getting your scoundrels up to par. While you have Boba Fett and Lando--and they can carry weaker characters through the credit heist--I don't believe either of yours are quite strong enough to get through the last tier available to you. Work on their, and STH's, levels and gear--G8 should be fine--and upgrade Chewie and Greedo if you have problems (though you may also wish to select other scoundrels; bounty hunter rework may make Dengar in the guild store an appealing choice).

I do have to ask why you aren't running classic rebels, though. You should--assuming decent mods--be able to hold your own against (and even tear through) Palpatine-lead teams at your level. Wedge (L), Biggs, Stormtrooper Han, Boba Fett, and either Leia or Lando (I believe Leia wins at this point) should serve you pretty well for awhile yet. Gear them up and mod for speed; enjoy kicking scrubs around in the arena.

Now, let's talk about ships: you wouldn't be the first person to hate ships--hopefully ships 2.0 makes it better; part of me doubts, though--but, unfortunately, they're necessary for your long-term success. Zetas make all the difference in the world, and they're first available to you--provided you've built the necessary ships/pilots--at level 78 through the ship ability materials challenge; you need five dark side ships at four stars to upgrade Tarkin's Executrix to 5 stars--you might as well get them to five stars for the challenge itself--and eight ships, total, at 5 or more stars for the challenge. Use your GW and fleet arena tokens to make sure you meet that target as close to level 78 as possible.

I don't really focus on fleet arena much (I have somehow remained top 50 despite forfeiting my daily for the last week), but Biggs should make a solid foundation for your arena fleet.

Now, let's revisit mid-term and long-term goals, namely those Legendary/Journey characters. Based off your roster I would say that you are closest to Emperor Palpatine. CLS may be within reach, but you will have to scramble to get an Empire team in order in time to get R2-D2. Pick out which Legendary/Journey characters you want and sketch out a long-term plan for acquiring them--wait until after you have sorted out your scoundrels, arena team, and ships before going in on this full-tilt--and dedicate your time for that. Here's a quick list of what you need to get what (keep in mind that Journey's characters require specific characters at seven stars, and Legendary characters require members of a faction at five or more stars to unlock; six or more stars to six star; and seven stars to seven star):

Commander Luke Skywalker: Princess Leia, Stormtrooper Han, Luke Skywalker (Farmboy), Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben), and R2-D2
    Rey (Jedi Training): Finn, Rey (Scavenger), Veteran Smuggler Han, Veteran Smuggler Chewie, BB-8
    Emperor Palpatine: Rebels
    Grand Admiral Thrawn: Phoenix
    R2-D2: Empire
    BB-8: First Order
    Grandmaster Yoda: Jedi

You should be able to get Yoda incidentally to your other farms, and until Jedi get a rework he isn't really worth investing in just yet.
  • Banj0
    17 posts Member
    Suggestions? Yeah... Just quit now before the game sucks you in and you look back and realize two years went by lol
  • Hm, you're kind of all over the place, so let's get you focused:

Ordinarily I advise that people start out by farming the teams required for the various Legendary and Journey's characters--in addition to scoundrels for credit heists--then branch out as desired. However, you're far from an optimal position to be taking that path, now; I fear you would only be playing catch-up rather than skipping a lot of that in order to focus on more immediate goals.

I think your most immediate, short-term goal should be getting your scoundrels up to par. While you have Boba Fett and Lando--and they can carry weaker characters through the credit heist--I don't believe either of yours are quite strong enough to get through the last tier available to you. Work on their, and STH's, levels and gear--G8 should be fine--and upgrade Chewie and Greedo if you have problems (though you may also wish to select other scoundrels; bounty hunter rework may make Dengar in the guild store an appealing choice).

I do have to ask why you aren't running classic rebels, though. You should--assuming decent mods--be able to hold your own against (and even tear through) Palpatine-lead teams at your level. Wedge (L), Biggs, Stormtrooper Han, Boba Fett, and either Leia or Lando (I believe Leia wins at this point) should serve you pretty well for awhile yet. Gear them up and mod for speed; enjoy kicking scrubs around in the arena.

Now, let's talk about ships: you wouldn't be the first person to hate ships--hopefully ships 2.0 makes it better; part of me doubts, though--but, unfortunately, they're necessary for your long-term success. Zetas make all the difference in the world, and they're first available to you--provided you've built the necessary ships/pilots--at level 78 through the ship ability materials challenge; you need five dark side ships at four stars to upgrade Tarkin's Executrix to 5 stars--you might as well get them to five stars for the challenge itself--and eight ships, total, at 5 or more stars for the challenge. Use your GW and fleet arena tokens to make sure you meet that target as close to level 78 as possible.

I don't really focus on fleet arena much (I have somehow remained top 50 despite forfeiting my daily for the last week), but Biggs should make a solid foundation for your arena fleet.

Now, let's revisit mid-term and long-term goals, namely those Legendary/Journey characters. Based off your roster I would say that you are closest to Emperor Palpatine. CLS may be within reach, but you will have to scramble to get an Empire team in order in time to get R2-D2. Pick out which Legendary/Journey characters you want and sketch out a long-term plan for acquiring them--wait until after you have sorted out your scoundrels, arena team, and ships before going in on this full-tilt--and dedicate your time for that. Here's a quick list of what you need to get what (keep in mind that Journey's characters require specific characters at seven stars, and Legendary characters require members of a faction at five or more stars to unlock; six or more stars to six star; and seven stars to seven star):

Commander Luke Skywalker: Princess Leia, Stormtrooper Han, Luke Skywalker (Farmboy), Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben), and R2-D2
    Rey (Jedi Training): Finn, Rey (Scavenger), Veteran Smuggler Han, Veteran Smuggler Chewie, BB-8
    Emperor Palpatine: Rebels
    Grand Admiral Thrawn: Phoenix
    R2-D2: Empire
    BB-8: First Order
    Grandmaster Yoda: Jedi

You should be able to get Yoda incidentally to your other farms, and until Jedi get a rework he isn't really worth investing in just yet.

Alright! Thanks for your advice! Really appriciate it! Copy that. Gonna focus on my STH and leia.