Game Changer Video: Using Rey (Jedi Training) to get 10% damage against Darth Nihilus

By popular demand of the EA Game Changers, this video created by Skelturix is being pinned to show you step-by-step how to deal over 10% total health bar damage against Darth Nihilus in Phase 1 of the Sith Triumvirate Raid.

https://youtu.be/8ebER5Sm1ok

He also makes videos for our French-speaking players - pretty cool, huh?

Replies

• Warrior_TI
    99 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Best Phase 1 guide in this galaxy
    Yes, I am THE Warrior.
  • Need monster mods though lol
  • JTR foe this May the Fourth!! Pretty Please
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    If you need to post a video to explain how deal 10% with an end game team your raid is probably ridiculous.

Just sayin'.
  • Sick of this sith raid. Bring on the ship reworks. Nerf the sith raid.

• Great video. This is tough to pull off and for most players I think. I'd advise popping in Hermit for Scav once he's farmed and you have much more flexibility in mods and playing cause of the healing. RJT gets potency from master's training and can land debuffs at a high rate, everyone gets more offense, and it's very very safe from getting killed till enrage. There's no babysitting the two droids and the high wire act here living on the edge (see 10:42 mark if DN aoe on R2 had been a crit he'd be dead, see comment at 12:48 .. .and keep in mind this is with bb8 having his second heal zeta!). You can also reliably escape Hermit from P1 at the end with some timing and practice of the technique and use him in the rest of the raid.

I've run both these version to get 11%+ type scores and Hermit is way more reliable...and super fun to escape him at the end!!!

Great videos and I want to give the creator a lot of credit here - at the 12:48 mark he admits and calls out this run was very lucky to get completed based on that dodge and R2 getting saved as a result. So many of these videos are misleading in that they present the "happy path" scenario and then you go to run it and you have to retreat 100 times...so great job pointing out the RNG issues. Loved the text commentary here - the video is exceptionally well done, very informative.
  • in before EA nerfs.
  • in before EA nerfs.

HAHAHAHAHA!

SnakesOnAPlane
  • And do it use test account, which have unlimited resources include unlimited access to mod farming n ability materials. Yea nice
  • This is not news. Everyone already knew that JTR was the only way to do real damage to this major dev fail called Nihilus. Show me 10M with Phoenix and I'll be impressed.
  • Fantasty
    78 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    It requires legendary amounts of luck to do this. If you can do this you can probably get a +20 speed mod every day and should play the lottery as well.
  • Great video. This is tough to pull off and for most players I think. I'd advise popping in Hermit for Scav once he's farmed and you have much more flexibility in mods and playing cause of the healing. RJT gets potency from master's training and can land debuffs at a high rate, everyone gets more offense, and it's very very safe from getting killed till enrage. There's no babysitting the two droids and the high wire act here living on the edge (see 10:42 mark if DN aoe on R2 had been a crit he'd be dead, see comment at 12:48 .. .and keep in mind this is with bb8 having his second heal zeta!). You can also reliably escape Hermit from P1 at the end with some timing and practice of the technique and use him in the rest of the raid.

I've run both these version to get 11%+ type scores and Hermit is way more reliable...and super fun to escape him at the end!!!

Great videos and I want to give the creator a lot of credit here - at the 12:48 mark he admits and calls out this run was very lucky to get completed based on that dodge and R2 getting saved as a result. So many of these videos are misleading in that they present the "happy path" scenario and then you go to run it and you have to retreat 100 times...so great job pointing out the RNG issues. Loved the text commentary here - the video is exceptionally well done, very informative.

Agree that hermit is more reliable to get 8%+ damage. But its not easy for him to survive once nihilus enrages. Have to go down the airplane mode route.

Given P1 ends so quickly im more along the lines of accepting an average 8-9% run rather tham retreating and trying again
  • The question is can any other teams post this sort of damage or has the expose nerf done nothing to her being easily the most effective toon for the raid?
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    The question is can any other teams post this sort of damage or has the expose nerf done nothing to her being easily the most effective toon for the raid?

Correct
  • Sick of this sith raid. Bring on the ship reworks. Nerf the sith raid.
    Sick of this sith raid. Bring on the ship reworks. Nerf the sith raid.

Sadly, my guild along with several others I have communication with on reddit have maxed out guild credit to start these raids because they are so boring. They are not fun or enjoyable like the Pit or HAAT. Those are finished in 8 hours or less but any level of Sith Raid put up lasts for days because no one cares to participate. I’m in a 100 million + guild and it usually lasts for 3 or 4 days.

Agree that hermit is more reliable to get 8%+ damage. But its not easy for him to survive once nihilus enrages. Have to go down the airplane mode route.

Given P1 ends so quickly im more along the lines of accepting an average 8-9% run rather tham retreating and trying again

It's easy if you make sure he has UW will skill available...but again even then you have to start playing the for the escape around turn 2 relative to other cooldowns (DN's, Hermit's, and R2s and how much foresight is on the team - you actually don't want foresight up). Retreat till your first add killed with the shield gives it to hermit than save it till end...at enrage his stealth won't save him - but UW can...try to get all his allies dead while he has UW is the goal..you'll need to practice a bit and see various scenarios though to set it up.. once you do however, it's pretty easy to do. I reliably get 9-11% with HY squad and get the escape for P2 mayhem :).
  • The question is can any other teams post this sort of damage or has the expose nerf done nothing to her being easily the most effective toon for the raid?

NS can handily outdamage her in P4 compared to what she does in P1 and it's not even close...
  • R2E2
    12 posts Member
    How are the other raids more fun? The HRancor and HAAT are just races now. Go go go. The Sith Raid is awesome, it actually gives you something to play, strategize a little bit. If the whole Guild is throwing down it will move alot quicker too
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I don’t watch YouTube videos like that, but if you want to post a summary or transcript, I’d be happy to read it.
  • R2E2 wrote: »
    How are the other raids more fun? The HRancor and HAAT are just races now. Go go go. The Sith Raid is awesome, it actually gives you something to play, strategize a little bit. If the whole Guild is throwing down it will move alot quicker too

Your opinion is in the minority. If a poll were taken most would agree Sith raid is not enjoyable.

Regardless of the miracle saves, the video is packed with great advice. He explains some of the AI choices which allow you to better anticipate annihilate and drain force (I'm still not sure I completely get it, but I will watch those parts again), and the reasoning behind mod choices: even if you can't get the insane mods he has, you can at least attempt to follow his advice. These *will* affect and improve my runs.

That said, he does have some really close misses, and the few times I've tried that team I usually survive the first annihilate just for drain force to murder somebody right after. I don't have anywhere near the staying power he does even without the miracle saves. So I concur with hYoda. However, I have a question for you: Scavenger does a LOT of damage, so I've been using hYoda instead of R2. I am far from an expert and I'm sure my damage can be improved, but what is the reasoning behind using hYoda for Scav instead of for R2?
  • Lol @ bads still wanting the Sith raid nerfed.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    R2E2 wrote: »

I think the crazy high health pools for anyone doing less than Heroic is the real killer. I wouldn't mind the mechanics if it didn't feel like my fully maxed JTR team going for 6 mil on t4 was hardly putting a nick in p1.
  • Acrofales wrote: »
    Great video. This is tough to pull off and for most players I think. I'd advise popping in Hermit for Scav once he's farmed and you have much more flexibility in mods and playing cause of the healing. RJT gets potency from master's training and can land debuffs at a high rate, everyone gets more offense, and it's very very safe from getting killed till enrage. There's no babysitting the two droids and the high wire act here living on the edge (see 10:42 mark if DN aoe on R2 had been a crit he'd be dead, see comment at 12:48 .. .and keep in mind this is with bb8 having his second heal zeta!). You can also reliably escape Hermit from P1 at the end with some timing and practice of the technique and use him in the rest of the raid.

Regardless of the miracle saves, the video is packed with great advice. He explains some of the AI choices which allow you to better anticipate annihilate and drain force (I'm still not sure I completely get it, but I will watch those parts again), and the reasoning behind mod choices: even if you can't get the insane mods he has, you can at least attempt to follow his advice. These *will* affect and improve my runs.

That said, he does have some really close misses, and the few times I've tried that team I usually survive the first annihilate just for drain force to murder somebody right after. I don't have anywhere near the staying power he does even without the miracle saves. So I concur with hYoda. However, I have a question for you: Scavenger does a LOT of damage, so I've been using hYoda instead of R2. I am far from an expert and I'm sure my damage can be improved, but what is the reasoning behind using hYoda for Scav instead of for R2?

Oh I said his video was great - no doubt - it may be the best "how to" video I've seen done in terms of the delivery of the information, clarity, and ability to comprehend easily. I really liked the pause / text commentary style instead of someone talking on and on; this matches up much better for me with the watching of a video. My intent wasn't to poo poo it, but just having run this and HY as well was sharing info to to others that you can get a similar result in a more reliable manner with less investment (med paks, zeta on bb8, etc).

R2 boosts your stats to the entire team with his zeta, including offense (I load him up with my better offense secondaries and offense primaries for modding), so you're missing out on that free damage bump (10% of max offense can be close to 300 offense for each ally) and also bumps everyone's crit chance, which drives TM through exposes and damage for the RJT squad...not to mention he can direct fire of DN with smokescreen and give foresight...and crits from droids reduce ID ... and R2 also makes BB8 faster to start the match and get things rolling with bb8s unique. Scav I don't like in P1 cause her flurry causes multiple hits and pushes up DN's speed even quicker and gives tons of turn meter. I also think there's more tactical advantage for R2 since he has a special that can take turn meter, that doesn't actually hit DN and bump his speed and give him 5% TM from the damage - I also like that R2 has an aoe so when the adds come back he can get 3 crits that reduce ID cooldown. Scav in short does some good damage, but she doesn't do much else for the team and I hate how much turn meter / speed she feeds to DN.
  • By popular demand of the EA Game Changers, this video created by Skelturix is being pinned to show you step-by-step how to deal over 10% total health bar damage against Darth Nihilus in Phase 1 of the Sith Triumvirate Raid.

Ok guys ... come back to earth now ... and what about clone war chewy in heroic str ?

I think if they were serious about JTR needing a nerf cause she was so good she was sidelining other viable toons/teams they should've released a video showing how to get 10% reliably without JTR/Resistance. Like everyone already knew that JTR could get 10% on the raid, that's why she almost immediately got crowned the one absolutely essential toon for the raid. I think what we've all wondered was what were these other mythical toons (meta or not) that were sidelined because JTR was too good in the raid and were used to justify the nerf to JTR.

This video feels like an indirect way of the devs acknowledging that, short of nerfing JTR into the ground or heavily nerfing the raid itself, there literally aren't any toons/teams that come close to this damage output reliably. If they're not going to make official guides telling us what these other supposed toons that we already have that equal JTR in reliably doing 10% damage they might as well just own up to the fact that those toons never existed and un-nerf JTR.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    IronCross wrote: »
    R2E2 wrote: »

Your opinion is in the minority. If a poll were taken most would agree Sith raid is not enjoyable.

feelings =/= actual statistics
  • The sith raid is boss,only p3 is a pain,also try zader (L) zidious nihlihus barris and boba-this gets u a decent run and I love playing luminara lead and a posse of jawas in p1,we need a ships GW.More ships are needed to finally get a ship raid.PLEASE can we give the makers their due it's a boss game and to be fair for a MOBILE game it's pretty amazing.
    May the force be with you.